• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
My gaming mystery isn't any one thing per se (if I had to choose one, it'd probably be pra-mai HellValleySkyTrees), but I'd really be interested to know more about the scrapped enemies from the first two Paper Mario games. Only recently did I ever see what became of a few of the scrapped enemies from Paper Mario 64, but there's a good deal of PM:TTYD enemies we know little about.

Curiously though, when poring through enemy item drop tables in PM:TTYD whilst making this guide, I stumbled upon a couple of interesting anomalies in the Glitzville enemies' drops. The Dull Bones set all have Bob-ombs' normal drop table, which might suggest that they replaced the missing Hyper / Ultra Bob-omb. More strangely, the Lakitu and Spinies set have the item drops of Ruff, Ice, and Poison Puff, suggesting you might have fought a group of various Puffs at some point. Fun stuff!

Also, I suppose this makes as good as a Halloween avatar as any.
pm me if you want, I really did a lot on TTYD data ripping (I have a folder of the entire rom ripped) and I did saw a lot of unused stuff.

I didn;t checked much items drop, but I do know a taser that shoudl know more than me on items drop so :)

I basically know a lot on TTYD and i guess soon spm because I am starting to gltich hunt it :)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Chibi-Robo is pretty darn big for an amiibo.

I mean, he's about Mario Series, Bowser sized.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Right now my guesses are Inkling, K Rool and Shovel Knight as the next three(and maybe last) characters.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Content creators in the Smash community need to step up there professionalism. It really speaks numbers on their view of their audience when people are treated this way.

This entire ordeal has been the most childish I've seen the community act in awhile. The sad part is, this time it's from prominent members, and not some ****posters on reddit.

I have high respects for Roger. Good guy, built his channel up and sticks to what he likes. But this whole thing is completely silly and unprofessional. From MY perspective at least, and maybe I don't have a good enough understanding of the ordeal, is that these community members are seeking attention worse than a middle schooler calling herself ugly in her instagram post.

It's very sad. Thing is, the non-competitive smash community is full of immature children who eat this stuff up for dinner. It's the reality unfortunately. Etika is speaking to his audience of 9-13 year old White Kids who want to ear a black guy say "The N Word". GameXplain's audience consists of the uninformed. Which is unfortunate, as GameXplain has gone from actual respectable journalism to "Discussions" passed off as informed debates. When the GameXplain guys end up doing little to no research. (See: "The vaanrose vaanrose leaks".)

It's just very very sad.

A conversation is needed to be had about this behavior by these content creators who tease information like this, once this whole thing dies down. The competitive community had to deal with this a lot over the past year with "Announcements of Announcements", and now the casual community has something even sillier to deal with.

I now realize perspective is very hard. Putting little masks on people looking to the side is much easier than putting masks on people facing straight ahead. . .
I'm bad at all things art remember?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Gravity Falls episode was intense. My jaw was on the floor for a full twenty minutes.

Also remember to spoiler things or bad things will happen.
Crap missed it again

Need to search online

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Content creators in the Smash community need to step up there professionalism. It really speaks numbers on their view of their audience when people are treated this way.

This entire ordeal has been the most childish I've seen the community act in awhile. The sad part is, this time it's from prominent members, and not some ****posters on reddit.

I have high respects for Roger. Good guy, built his channel up and sticks to what he likes. But this whole thing is completely silly and unprofessional. From MY perspective at least, and maybe I don't have a good enough understanding of the ordeal, is that these community members are seeking attention worse than a middle schooler calling herself ugly in her instagram post.

It's very sad. Thing is, the non-competitive smash community is full of immature children who eat this stuff up for dinner. It's the reality unfortunately. Etika is speaking to his audience of 9-13 year old White Kids who want to ear a black guy say "The N Word". GameXplain's audience consists of the uninformed. Which is unfortunate, as GameXplain has gone from actual respectable journalism to "Discussions" passed off as informed debates. When the GameXplain guys end up doing little to no research. (See: "The vaanrose vaanrose leaks".)

It's just very very sad.

A conversation is needed to be had about this behavior by these content creators who tease information like this, once this whole thing dies down. The competitive community had to deal with this a lot over the past year with "Announcements of Announcements", and now the casual community has something even sillier to deal with.
I agree with you. From what I understand it's similar to the ERSB leaks. Someone got it who then shared it with their friends and their friends shared it with their own friends...etc.

I'm really sad with how out of control this rumor got. Like vaanrose vaanrose said...

I'll be honest. I think the entire Smash fandom is completely undeserving of anybody sharing any info with them, and the only reason anybody still does is because they're naive enough to think differently.
The amount of people coming out of the woodwork to do their own teasing on the rumor is irresponsible. If you know something, and you shouldn't say something then keep your trap shut. That's a new rule for the Smash community. At best it's going to annoy your friends in the community. At worst, it's going to cause someone to lose their job. The amount of teasing with other fans is really getting out of hand and is not cool.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I've decided I'm going to buy a PS3 so I can play a million Ratchet and Clank games all day every day.

I miss those games.

Now HDify Jak and Daxter.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I agree with you. From what I understand it's similar to the ERSB leaks. Someone got it who then shared it with their friends and their friends shared it with their own friends...etc.

I'm really sad with how out of control this rumor got. Like vaanrose vaanrose said...

The amount of people coming out of the woodwork to do their own teasing on the rumor is irresponsible. If you know something, and you shouldn't say something then keep your trap shut. That's a new rule for the Smash community. At best it's going to annoy your friends in the community. At worst, it's going to cause someone to lose their job. The amount of teasing with other fans is really getting out of hand and is not cool.
I've never seen such a frantic "leak," nothing's really being said but people are getting hyped and others are getting pissed. It makes the entire community seem so juvenile and unprofessional.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I feel like binge watching a TV show on Netflix

Any recommendations? I'm trying to avoid anything animated for a while as my back long for that is getting pretty large

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
No wonder Sakurai thinks of part of the community as children.

Sure, the context was different, but it's pretty childish at this point with speculation and what fans demand, so the quote fits just as well.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I've decided I'm going to buy a PS3 so I can play a million Ratchet and Clank games all day every day.

I miss those games.

Now HDify Jak and Daxter.
They did release a HD Jak and Daxter trilogy.
Just keep in mind that there are some problems with the HD Ratchet and Clank Trilogy. Problems like music failing to loop and distorted menu images. Though overall it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
The biggest problems though are in Gladiator. The cutscenes are choppy, there's slowdown where the PS2 version was fine, vox's mouth comes out of his face and the game has a chance of randomly corrupting your save.
Other than that, smart decision. The games are beast. I went through and Platinumed 6 of the games :)

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544

Any recommendations? I'm trying to avoid anything animated for a while as my back long for that is getting pretty large
Friends.

..could there be a better pick?

Chrono.

I heard good things about Daredevil.

But I think you watched that already.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

How I Met Your Mother

It's Legen-
DARY!

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Wonder if they might delay the reveal now from the 23rd. Wouldn't be surprised.

I told you guys, ignorance is bliss.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I've seen a fair bit of Daredevil but I kinda dropped it for a while. I blame Arrow for spoiling me on the style of the show but maybe it was the slow start.

I have not seen Friends.
Well I still suggest Breaking Bad if you haven't seen that, it's excellent. OOOOHH and Louie if you want something different.

How far in Daredevil did you get?

Chrono.

How I Met Your Mother

It's Legen-
DARY!
When I saw the multiple tabs I thought for sure you were gonna take a jab at the ending lol

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You should fix that.
I should but it makes me feel like crap for not having friends like those. For what I've seen of it, it's nice

How I Met Your Mother

It's Legen-
DARY!
My old high school teacher quotes that show like crazy.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
More than likely, it is the most recognizable Inkling.
So Captain Cuttlefish?

But seriously, I'm more a fan of character with pre-made personality, more so than avatars. As I've said may time before I'd legit prefer the squid sisters, captain cuttlefish, and/or the final boss as splatoon reps. Unfortunately my opinion is unpopular and most want the girl inkling....at least out of the avatars she's the best looking....

Ah, well. Tis' life. I can always use their squid dance final smash in my dreams...
[weeps bitterly]

Shroob

Sup?

It's just very very sad.

Honestly though, people adore chaos.

As someone who plays Smash at a casual level, and mostly only plays for the roster, roster speculation and discussion is all I really care about. I don't tune into tournaments or play online, I'm just here for the Nintendo History.

Though, I will admit that this entire thing, legit or not, is a huge mess.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well I still suggest Breaking Bad if you haven't seen that, it's excellent. OOOOHH and Louie if you want something different.

How far in Daredevil did you get?
Ugh, BB was something my old college roommate watched so much on his PS3 with Netflix.

It was something I just couldn't get into. I binge watch it with him and I really was just meh.

Also didn't get too far into Daredevil. I might pick it back up just like Agents of Shield.

That show got so much better after Season 1

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So Captain Cuttlefish?

But seriously, I'm more a fan of character with pre-made personality, more so than avatars. As I've said may time before I'd legit prefer the squid sisters, captain cuttlefish, and/or the final boss as splatoon reps. Unfortunately my opinion is unpopular and most want the girl inkling....at least out of the avatars she's the best looking....

Ah, well. Tis' life. I can always use their squid dance final smash in my dreams...
[weeps bitterly]
I'd like the Squid Sisters however more random they may be, but I don't think you could do Splatoon a bigger disservice than by choosing Captain Cuttlefish as it's sole rep.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yeah, that really is something we don't tend to think of too often... Someone is possibly risking their JOB to give those people information.
Like yeah, it's their own mistake for letting it out. Period. But someone CAN and WILL let something slip if this keeps spreading. And if the ERSB leak is an indication, Nintendo doesn't take kindly to breaking NDAs.
And the fact that we KNOW it's happening and we KNOW that people know makes it even worse. And makes this infinitely more risky for him. I mean let's be honest... Would us knowing who the character is REALLY put him in that much more danger? He already technically broke an NDA. Even if only a few people know, it's still more than anyone should. And knowing who the character is doesn't exactly put a target on this person's head, it's not like he's the only person to know who isn't a Smash dev. Frankly, they could STILL link this back through the few people who know and find out.

I dunno, this is all still assuming this is actually legit. I'm frustrated with things right now and felt kicking at this stupid leak might calm me a bit. And it did.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Orange is the New Black?
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia?
The Office No, nevermind, you'll want to manually carve your brain out of your skull by the end of season 5 (and then there's 4 more to go).

Oh, and back to the topic at hand: Now that we have a hard date and a (potentially) leaked character, this Twitter fiasco has finally matched a 4chan text leak in credibility.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
In line with my PS3 decision, can ya'll give me your top 5 PS3 games so I can add them to my list.

Top 5 MUST PLAY PS3 games go!

Burb

The Absolute Worst
They've apparently been "leaked" by someone on Twitter.
And that's what I don't understand. We went through all those awful text leaks, then the ESRB Leak, and swore we'd never believe someone's word without photo/video proof ever again.
Why, all of a sudden, have we gone back to that? I don't care that it could be a reliable source, they could be bluffing as much as YCG or Artsy Omni here just to boost their popularity?
Or am I missing something else here? Please, help me out.
People are desperate for information on characters. We haven't heard a peep from Sakurai or Nintendo about character-related content since Roy and Ryu were confirmed and Wave 2 dropped. Standards have lowered as a result.

On top of that, the gap in believably between picture and text leaks has lessened significantly. Fakes are not only easier to produce now that the game is actually out, but the fakers themselves are getting better (though the bulk of the picture leaks are still easily-debunked garbage).

Honestly, had this leak happened a few months ago, it definitely would not have garnered the attention it has now. RogersBase gave the bare minimum information, and even Stealth, who provided some insight on it, barely said anything except some vague hints (seriously; the info points towards Inkling, but everything that was said could apply to a ton of other characters. Inkling is only the assumed character because they fit the bill the best).

In line with my PS3 decision, can ya'll give me your top 5 PS3 games so I can add them to my list.

Top 5 MUST PLAY PS3 games go!
Uncharted series
Ratchet + Clank series (It really is that good i'm putting it here anyway)
Sly Cooper trilogy + 4 (my childhoooooood)
Borderlands (if you have friends)
Infamous

(LBP is pretty much also a must. Fat Princess would e on here but I would assume that games community is dead)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I guess since everyone does it might as well do it.

The reason I never spoke publicly on my opinion of the rumour is because I don't feel there's any......????????????????????

Look, here's what's going on: no one tells anything even though they know everything (or at least they claim because they might not even tell the truth idk). So, let's assume it was real....euh.......how can we confirm this?

Seriously, how the heck can this EVER be true? If they announce a character, good, we just have no idea if it was the one that was told.

If it is the inklings, how can we know if it wasn't coincidence? HOW CAN WE KNOW ANYTHING!!!!!

And if it is false, then how can we know if it was partially true?

There's no way to even tell what they are saying. There's no way to tell it would be true or false because there's not much that is said.

I seriously tried to read that reddit post and just stopped cause it was just insanely complicated for just saying that someone posted an email.......

So, I really stopped to care guys, I have my time better spent by testing spm now cause seriously, this is about to get worse than ESRB and ESRB was something, I coudn't even stand 3 pages of discussion with how complicated it was and the analysis was hurting my head.

At least the SK rumour I had SOME MEANINGFUL reason to think it exists, but when I start to doubt the existence of a rumour, I really should not even care tbh......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom