• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Its time for: Rate their chances!

King K.Rool
Inkling
Wolf
Shovel Knight
Isaac

I think we will get 4 OR 6 more characters. And these 5 characters have the most chances in my opinion. What do you think? Please tell me how high do you think their chances are.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Consider for a moment, the nature of Smash games and the nature of Layton games.
Smash is a fighting game.
Layton is a puzzle solver/mystery/not-a-terrible-ammont-of-fisticuffs kind of game.
That's not something terribly easy to "mask". Voice actors need one key thing: direction. You can't give a VA a line like "NO, YOU CAN'T DIE, NOT NOW!" and just expect them to go with it. Do they know that they are suppose to be sad? In denial? Angry? A mix? Maybe even sadistic, like talking to an enemy? The point is that the genres are totally different, and it wouldn't be as simple as pulling lines from Layton games like, say, they did with some of Sonic's sounds. Sonic is a fast pace action platformer, so some lines fit.
I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate here and point out that Project X Zone 2 is a thing. Maybe he doesn't know what game the lines were for because it could potentially be for that, perhaps DLC if not the base game (more likely I'd say, as recording in August for a game releasing in November seems cutting it close).

For the record, I have no stake in Layton. I've never played any of his games, and I know nothing about him really. I wouldn't be opposed to his inclusion, though.

I really don't understand why people think we're going to see actual ballot results. Does anyone seriously think Nintendo will release a list with all the top characters and how many votes they got?

At best we'll get a brief statement when the character is announced saying something like "this character was selected because of the ballot".
It's been stated by Nintendo that we'll see the results in some form. I don't think they've clearly stated however whether we'd see where each character ranks, just that they'd show some of the reasons people gave for wanting them.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

King K.Rool
Inkling
Wolf
Shovel Knight
Isaac

I think we will get 4 OR 6 more characters. And these 5 characters have the most chances in my opinion. What do you think? Please tell me how high do you think their chances are.
King K.Rool: 40%
Inkling: 45%
Wolf: 70%
Shovel Knight: 60%
Isaac: 10%

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The Layton series definitely has its share of fights and action scenes, during which the characters have strained breaths, shouting, cries of pain, dramatic fade-out shouts, all the sort of thing that would be incorporated into Smash, were it to happen. The slightly silly, yet sometimes serious tone that you mention is already present in the series. Having that condensed into a small session where he's only specifically voicing Layton and not any of the other characters would definitely be noticeable though. Perhaps that's what happened and it's why he sustains his hope. If the other game that's known to be worked on is considered, Layton 7, any limited voice acting that would be done for that would definitely contrast that sort of recording, given it is a text-based game based on investigating others and working out a villain in a group.

All I can say is, who knows for sure? Not even Miller. It'll just take time to see what develops.
You seem to have missed my point a bit. I have played the Layton games and know what you're talking about.
But I digress. You're free to believe what you'd like.

I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate here and point out that Project X Zone 2 is a thing. Maybe he doesn't know what game the lines were for because it could potentially be for that, perhaps DLC if not the base game (more likely I'd say, as recording in August for a game releasing in November seems cutting it close).

For the record, I have no stake in Layton. I've never played any of his games, and I know nothing about him really. I wouldn't be opposed to his inclusion, though.

It's been stated by Nintendo that we'll see the results in some form. I don't think they've clearly stated however whether we'd see where each character ranks, just that they'd show some of the reasons people gave for wanting them.
Project X Zone 2 is going to have Japanese Voice Actors only.
That's how PXZ 1 was. Also Layton isn't in X Zone.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

King K.Rool
Inkling
Wolf
Shovel Knight
Isaac

King K.Rool- 15%
Inkling- 15%
Wolf- 60%
Shovel Knight- 50%
Isaac- 10%

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You know I hate going back to that Twitter rumor, but they said it was gonna get the Internet buzzing so I'm thinking, what if it's a deconfirmed fighter becoming playable and let's leave Ridley out of this but a character like Waluigi, Riki, Girahim, Midna, Dark Samus or even Saki.

It's been stated by Nintendo that we'll see the results in some form.
*citation needed*
You know I hate going back to that Twitter rumor, but they said it was gonna get the Internet buzzing so I'm thinking, what if it's a deconfirmed fighter becoming playable and let's leave Ridley out of this but a character like Waluigi, Riki, Girahim, Midna, Dark Samus or even Saki.
The only deconfirmed characters that still have any form of popularity are Ridley, Takamaru, and Waluigi. Sakurai has made his peace on the purple duo. I just can't see Takamaru of all things being the upgrade. Maybe it's just because I think he is destined to be Little mac 2.0 but w/e

None of the AT really make sense as pre-ballot otherwise.

D

Deleted member

I want to ask some questions to you guys:
1-¿Do you think that Smash 4 DLC will end this year?

2-¿Do you think there's a chance that the DLC might last until 2016?

3-¿If it last until next year, how much it would last in your eyes?

4-¿Do you think we are gonna see at least 1 more character before this year ends?

5-¿What is your favorite Ice cream flavor? :awesome:

Chrono.

4-¿Do you think we are gonna see at least 1 more character before this year ends?

1. Maybe
  2. Yes
  3. Till summer
  4. At least 2
  5. I don't like Ice Cream

D

Deleted member

I really don't understand why people think we're going to see actual ballot results. Does anyone seriously think Nintendo will release a list with all the top characters and how many votes they got?

At best we'll get a brief statement when the character is announced saying something like "this character was selected because of the ballot".
They can't even release patch notes
I don't know how anyone expects detailed lists from them
*citation needed*

The only deconfirmed characters that still have any form of popularity are Ridley, Takamaru, and Waluigi. Sakurai has made his peace on the purple duo. I just can't see Takamaru of all things being the upgrade. Maybe it's just because I think he is destined to be Little mac 2.0 but w/e

None of the AT really make sense as pre-ballot otherwise.
How did Sakurai end Waluigi like he did with Ridley? He got the same treatment as Takamaru

King K.Rool
Inkling
Wolf
Shovel Knight
Isaac

King K. Rool-10%(I never thought he had good chances for DLC and the costume only hurts him)
Inklings-30%(the opposite of K. Rool, thought had high chances but the costumes don't help either)
Wolf-20%(he is on a sinking boat right now)
Shovel Knight-50%(I'm still on the fence about the rumor)
Isaac-10%(he doesn't have the popularity norvthe relevance to make it in imo)

D

Deleted member

I'm fine with censorship, in fact I tend to prefer the censored artwork Yu-Gi-Oh! cards for the most part over the original ones. I recall a lot of people getting worked up over the lack of cursing in the english dub of Naruto, then when I finally started watching the sub I felt like I wasn't missing much.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

1. No
2. Yes
3. Until October
4. Yes
5. Chocolate

D

Deleted member

1. No
  2. Yes
  3. End of Summer
  4. Yes, maybe 2
  5. Chocolate Ice Cream is the only real Ice Cream flavor

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice

1- Maybe, I recall Sakurai saying that the team making the DLC could not last forever

2- Yes

3- Until June - July

4- I expect at least 2 characters before the year ends, maybe 3

5- Stracciatella

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

-Maybe.

-Coin flip.

-End of Spring.

-Yes.

-Oreo.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just woke up, whoever changed the thread title is brilliant! That was pretty funny to wake up to and is sadly accurate...,

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman

(Like I said in the K. Rool thread)
1. No.
2. Yes.
3. Around E3 2016
4. Yes.

Last edited:

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice

King K.Rool
Inkling
Wolf
Shovel Knight
Isaac

Their chances to get in depend a lot in the number of DLC characters we'll get in the end, but right off the bat, I'd say:

King K.Rool - 30% Quite possibly the ballot winner, and DK is a really big series. Him or Dixie seem very likely to me.
Inklings - 40% Powerful new IP, the last rumor really suits them. They'll get in eventually, if not in this game in Smash 5.
Wolf - 30% I agree almost 100% with PushDustin's article in Source Gaming. His options decrease as each day passes. But still a solid option, he could come as the same time SF Zero gets released.
Shovel Knight - Without taking into account the rumor that has been haunting us for the last months, I'd say almost no chance at all (0-5%). If the rumor finally turns out to be true, then he'll make it xD
Isaac - 15% I'd love to play him, but gotta keep things realistic, his chance depends a lot on the number of characters that get in. From 4 characters onwards he should make it. If we're talking about 3 characters or less, he has it quite rough.

Those are my 50 cents

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Nope

Yes

All the way until maybe May-June

Probably

Strawberry and Cookies and Cream. If it isn't those favors then you have awful taste in ice cream.

Chandeelure Chandeelure & @Zoroarking that means you

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

1 - Characters, yes. General DLC, no (I expect some Mii Costumes and maybe stages at the first semester of 2016 and that's it).

2 - As I said, my expectations that we'll get some minor DLC next year.

3 - Not much. maybe March will be the last wave.

4 - Yes, I believe we'll see all the supposed 3 characters until the end of the year.

5 - Lemon. :3

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

Given the ballot ended late this year. No chance. They aren't going to magically finish ballot characters in a manner of 3 months.

Likely. I think the mid 2016 is at the earliest it'll end. The biggest question is that would it last until 2017?

I'm expecting 3 or more fighters at the least. Given we have Fighter Pack #1 and then there's these new slots. 1 or 2 might be unlikely at this point now.

Possibly. If it's anyone, it'll probably be a non-ballot character or a character slightly influenced by the ballot but was worked on before it ended.

5-¿What is your favorite Ice cream flavor?

I can't decide.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Since everyone is doing this, I might do as well. :p

1. I think it's likely to happen.

2. It's possible.

3. Perhaps until June at best.

4. Yes.

5. Strawberry.

D

Deleted member

Nope

Yes

All the way until maybe May-June

Probably

Strawberry and Cookies and Cream. If it isn't those favors then you have awful taste in ice cream.

Chandeelure Chandeelure & @Zoroarking that means you
Says the guy that likes strawberry """""""ice cream"""""""" :p
EDIT: petition to make strawberrying the new strawgrasping

Last edited by a moderator:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium

1: I think there's a very good chance of that happening.

2: Not really.

3: If it does last until next year, I'd say it'll end in either March or June.

4: Definitely. I personally think we're going to see all of the characters before the year ends.

5: I enjoy Mint Chocolate Chip quite a bit.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So if Bandana Dee was DeeLC, does anyone think he'd be bundled with Fountain of Dreams?

Naoshi

So if Bandana Dee was DeeLC, does anyone think he'd be bundled with Fountain of Dreams?
I don't think so. BDee already has a homestage. Ryu only had a bundled stage because he was a new franchise to the game.

FoD would be really nice though.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If people really want a 4th SM4SH Battlefield and a 2nd Kirby Battlefield that badly, I don't see why not. :drshrug:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't think so. BDee already has a homestage. Ryu only had a bundled stage because he was a new franchise to the game.

FoD would be really nice though.
If Bandana Dee ever gets in, his home stage will probably be Dreamland, while Kirby has Great Cave Offensive and Dedede and Meta Knight share Halberd on the Wii U.

He'll share Dreamland with Meta Knight on the 3DS version.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So are we any closer to figuring this out? Is it debunked? Will anyone actually reply. I can't keep up with all this.

D

Deleted member

I thought this was funny....
As much as the idea of a fire lion would excite me in Smash, Orcane would still be good on a meta level.
I mean, it's not like we're going to have Vaporeon fight alongside Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, and Mega Man in the real Smash.....

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If Bandana Dee ever gets in, his home stage will probably be Dreamland, while Kirby has Great Cave Offensive and Dedede and Meta Knight share Halberd on the Wii U.

He'll share Dreamland with Meta Knight on the 3DS version.
I always thought a stage based off of Kirby Super Star's sub games would be nice, it'd start with Megaton Punch and then go to Samurai Kirby.

Last edited:

Naoshi

Speaking of stages, why is :4rob: still stage-less for 3 games now?
I'm guessing he doesn't directly represent a single game in Smash Bros. I don't think he was a game-specific character, didn't several NES games had ROB support?

He...didn't originate from a video game? *shrugs*
He does in a sense. He was made for video games. So I think that counts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom