• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well now, tone down the shipping talk before it gets into inappropriate content territory. First and only warning.

In regards to Kid Icarus content in future games, if there are no new games by then, expect less content. The items will likely stay. Dark Pit could be cut, but considering he's essentially Pit with Zelda's Final Smash, it wouldn't be too hard to bring him back. He barely has any differences and the model is essentially a color swap, so he could always make it at the last minute. Or he could be relegated to a Pit alt., which I doubt as well considering the reasoning for Dr. Mario to be a clone in Smash 4.

Dark Pit is in a very peculiar situation. He's the most identical character, both visually and mechanically, to another. It's the kind of character that could stay solely because he's very easy to implement into the game.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
*My Yaoi senses are tingling*

Also, it is clearly Hades X Hades. He literally penetrates himself in the game. What more fo you people need?

Frostwraith Frostwraith
Poster just after you. If what I said is too innapropriate, I'll remove it. I just found it to be funny enough to exist. :c

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
*citation needed*
Citation granted.

Simply visit the official Super Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot page to fill out your ballot. Tell us which character you’re voting for, what game they’re from, and why you think they should become a fighter. Then stay tuned to see which character is being added to the roster!

Note: Your vote may be made public via the Internet.
As I've said, they haven't clarified what exactly they mean by this. They've merely claimed results may be revealed (and that is a slight correction on my part; this isn't a firm commitment that they have to), and this is open-ended enough that they could reveal what you wrote as a reason for inclusion for marketing purposes. They have not directly claimed that they'll reveal leaderboards or anything like that. It's highly speculative.

Project X Zone 2 is going to have Japanese Voice Actors only.
That's how PXZ 1 was. Also Layton isn't in X Zone.
Thank you. I hope it was clear that by playing Devil's Advocate, I was inviting someone to shoot down any other possibilities so we get a nice Occam's Razor on what can and can't be true.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
In the event that Dark Pit ends up being cut from the next Smash, I wonder if his cut would be due to time constraints or if he'd be like Pichu and Young Link, two characters that were never planned to return?

D

Deleted member

I want to ask some questions to you guys:
1-¿Do you think that Smash 4 DLC will end this year?

2-¿Do you think there's a chance that the DLC might last until 2016?

3-¿If it last until next year, how much it would last in your eyes?

4-¿Do you think we are gonna see at least 1 more character before this year ends?

5-¿What is your favorite Ice cream flavor? :awesome:
1. I imagine character DLC will end, uncertain about other DLCs.
2. Yes, as Mii outfits or possible stages.
3. Till almost the end of the year.
4. On the fence with this one, but I'm gonna go with no. If we do, it'll be not a new character but one from a previous Smash.
5. It's technically not ice cream but, Rainbow Sherbert.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
In the event that Dark Pit ends up being cut from the next Smash, I wonder if his cut would be due to time constraints or if he'd be like Pichu and Young Link, two characters that were never planned to return?
Well, Dark Pit was always meant to be part of Smash 4 as a playable character. Sure, he was just a costume swap for Pit with a different name, announcer call, voice clips and stuff like Palutena's Guidance, but a playable character nonetheless.

Pichu and Young Link were only chosen after Melee's roster was complete and they were seen as viable choices for clone characters. They weren't meant to be playable from the start.

And you could say that Young Link was essentially replaced by Toon Link, who inherits many similar design choices and, in Smash 4, got the Fire Arrows a a custom special.

Chrono.

Well now, tone down the shipping talk before it gets into inappropriate content territory. First and only warning.

In regards to Kid Icarus content in future games, if there are no new games by then, expect less content. The items will likely stay. Dark Pit could be cut, but considering he's essentially Pit with Zelda's Final Smash, it wouldn't be too hard to bring him back. He barely has any differences and the model is essentially a color swap, so he could always make it at the last minute. Or he could be relegated to a Pit alt., which I doubt as well considering the reasoning for Dr. Mario to be a clone in Smash 4.

Dark Pit is in a very peculiar situation. He's the most identical character, both visually and mechanically, to another. It's the kind of character that could stay solely because he's very easy to implement into the game.
Maybe they'll pull a Luigi and start differentiating him.

Despite Luigi starting out as a full blown Mario clone, his moveset and Mario's are barely similar bar a couple of moves nowadays.

Idk, Dark Pit is in a decent position to be changed enough without alienating a fanbase, as his physics and Pit's are identical (I'd say Lucina is in this position as well).

All the clones in Melee, despite being clones, had some... quirks which makes them harder to change without alienating their fanbase.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Chrono.

Ok, I'm confused. How does Gravity Falls relate into Inklings or Ice Climbers at all
Supposedly he accidentally said the actual characters, deleted it, and replaced it with ICs.

That's as much as I can tell and the rest of the tweets being gone doesn't help.

Chrono.

Meh.

If this many people "know", it's only a matter of time before someone lets it "slip".

That is unless they have proper self control.

Battlefront has a $50 Season Pass.

Jesus
*sigh* EA you better not ruin mirror's edge 2 as well.
This was just posted in the inkling thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3oh2d0/spoilers_sean_leaks_new_character_accidentally/
Doesn't have a full look on the situation but it's something new to add to the chaos at least.
This is the only leak i have 0 hype for other than ToS. This is so stupid at this point i cant wait for us to get news.

Chrono.

*sigh* EA you better not ruin mirror's edge 2 as well.

This is the only leak i have 0 hype for other than ToS. This is so stupid at this point i cant wait for us to get news.
You had hype for Spainkiller? :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Supposedly he accidentally said the actual characters, deleted it, and replaced it with ICs.

That's as much as I can tell and the rest of the tweets being gone doesn't help.
Good God, this just won't end.

Battlefront has a $50 Season Pass.

Jesus
Let's see, no campaign mode, reskinned Battlefield and Season pass that cost as much as the main game.

Only the biggest Star Wars drone will eat up this EA trash. We give series like Battlefield, Dead Space, NFS, FIFA, Madden, Dragon Age and Mass Effect crap if they pull this but Star Wars? Oh well, it's fine.

No, screw EA and I hope you don't buy into the lies and waste your money

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Meh.

If this many people "know", it's only a matter of time before someone lets it "slip".

That is unless they have proper self control.
But how do we know that they "know"?
We're putting trust into what they're saying they "know" but they won't actually tell us what they "know".
I've been following this for a while now, and it honestly seems like the biggest Smash-scandal since the Betternet leak :/

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
We're putting trust into what they're saying they "know" but they won't actually tell us what they "know".
I've been following this for a while now, and it honestly seems like the biggest Smash-scandal since the Betternet leak :/
Wait, a Betternet leak?

Explain Further.

Chrono.

I'm not putting my trust in them, hence the quotes.

It's just a wait and see deal, unfortunately.

I'll say this much, if nothing happens this month, I'm not gonna humor the idea of the "announcement" supposedly being delayed to shut up leakers because nah son.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok, I'm confused. How does Gravity Falls relate into Inklings or Ice Climbers at all
From what the reddit thread indicates, Sean posted the actual character's name, took it down fast, then put up: I prefer squids not kids, and then replaced that with the ice climbers tweet.

Looks like Gravity Falls is coming to Smash.
:troll:

Wow **** off EA. I didn't need another reason to not buy your cheap cash in.
Day 1 main for me! bill cypher OP!

This sums it up nicely, and I added a bit more on in the first part of this post.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
This was just posted in the inkling thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3oh2d0/spoilers_sean_leaks_new_character_accidentally/
Doesn't have a full look on the situation but it's something new to add to the chaos at least.
I can't even anymore. I just can't. This is boarderline infuriating, literally bait on a hook that us fish BARELY miss biting on. If you don't want this crap to get out, then WHY did you people let everyone and their mother in on this?

Alright guys. I know who the next Smash character is...

...SUPER MARIO BRUDDAS 2 AGAIN BAYBEE
STILL THE KING, BABY
STILL THE KING AFTER ALL THESE YEARS

You had hype for Spainkiller? :p
. . . ****

Oni...It's time we told you something...Daddy EA isn't coming back home from that business trip...That's why we have New Daddy EA, sure, he tried breaking your kneecaps for your pocket money, but he's there for you, right?
I had hope.

MR2 and battlefront 3 announced at the same time. Maybe they turned things around.

But no. Hope was my first mistake.

Just play the original Battlefront on PS2. It's the best one.
No space battles
No heroes. (Or even heroes vs heroes on tatooine)
No playable wampa (or whatever the hoth creatures are called)
No 501st.
Inferior galactic conquest.
No episode 3 at all.

Ok then.

...You poor sod. Give auntie Anna a hug Q.Q
You would just shoot me. :p

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm aware. It's quite amusing, in my opinion, on just how dumb EA thinks their customers are.

And even more amusing is how many actually are. :4villager:
Remember when IGN asked EA why people hate EA instead of asking gamers? Remember when some head honcho of EA considered making gamers pay for in game bullets? Remember when the CEO said 'the game you bought was the game you got' as if it was a bad thing?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
No space battles
No heroes. (Or even heroes vs heroes on tatooine)
No playable wampa (or whatever the hoth creatures are called)
No 501st.
Inferior galactic conquest.
No episode 3 at all.
It's sad how much of that applies to Battlefront EA.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Wait, a Betternet leak?

Explain Further.
It was some leak back on the ancient old thread (like in the Smash Wii U one) that people talked about for months on end until either Rosalina, Little Mac or the Smash Direct happened. I seriously think I'm the only one that remembers it :p

Actually, a better example of someone saying they know something and then they don't would probably by Gematsu leaks...but we don't need to bring those arguments out of the grave again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom