• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Every time I see Shovel Knight being considered a respected character on Smashboards, I can't help but think "hindsight bias".
That's because it IS hindsight bias.

>Before rumor: Screw Indie characters, not related to Nintendo's history, blah blah blah;

>After rumor: Shovel Knight got this, I love him, such a cool character, Always 180 degrees, everytime.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Stop please, did you read the post I wrote in the DLC Character Discussion Thead?
Stop posting misinformation, thinking every leak is real and that everything can be a conspiracy theory about Smash characters.
All your posts are that, then someone corrects you and then you say "Oh, sorry, I will never do that again".
It's annoying.
OH my god I get it!!! Alright!!!!!! JUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ivander

Smash Legend
So first there was talk of Konami vs Capcom without me, than all of the sudden more Shovel Knight news? At this point, I'm in it just for the epic giant crushing dirt pile finale that has just been building up from all the desperate digging. And believe me, it's going to come crushing down hard and the impact will be real.
Besides, I love to hear other people's dreams
Me and my friends do that all the time
But there is always that ****** who makes **** up
If you asked for my dreams, you'd either think I'm "that guy" or you'd ask me what stuff I've been having.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Anybody notice anything familiar?

When the SK rumor first started going around, they said it wasn't real and posted this:

Now they are saying this regarding the Smash rumor:

Well YCG?

Last edited:

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
I don't see anyone saying Shovel Knight deserves priority or should get in more than anyone else. I see people who want him, but that's different.

He's among my most wanted characters and I voted for him early on, but I wish this rumor would just get shot down already because I'm kinda tired of seeing people argue about him and I don't want anyone to be soured to him or his game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

>Before rumor: Screw Indie characters, not related to Nintendo's history, blah blah blah;

>After rumor: Shovel Knight got this, I love him, such a cool character, Always 180 degrees, everytime.
This happens with literally every character in Smash.

And the inverse happens for the ones who don't make it in.
OH my god I get it!!! Alright!!!!!! JUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bro calm down.

You're okay.

He just thought one aspect of your actions was annoying.

Just calm down, accept that he feels that way and think about whether the behavior in question is worth changing.

Chrono.

Sometimes I wish the sound files for the next characters were leaked again so it could save us all this grief.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Sometimes I wish the sound files for the next characters were leaked again so it could save us all this grief.
Actually, better yet, Nintendo, just leak the Classic mode video's again, so we can finally, actually, see Shovel Knight as a playable Mii Costume. :troll:

But for real, that was because the final nail in the coffin for the Roy and Ryu files to be "fake"

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
It's the "teasing" part. Essentially saying "Fox and Wolf always meat again".
I was speaking in relation to your post. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

Basically... read your post, thought sig was part of post, thought it was trying to be ironic in relation to your post, realized it was a standalone sig but still teasy.

Wait... they always "meat" again? Um.. okay.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
This happens with literally every character in Smash.

And the inverse happens for the ones who don't make it in.

Bro calm down.

You're okay.

He just thought one aspect of your actions was annoying.

Just calm down, accept that he feels that way and think about whether the behavior in question is worth changing.
I'm sorry, I just reached the limit. He's done this before and it's extremely annoying.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Amen.
Or, you know, we could some ****ing character news from the Big N itself.
I'm sorry, I just reached the limit. He's done this before and it's extremely annoying.
And the thing he called you out for is also extremely annoying.
It goes both ways.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
There's a difference between "Lying" and "Changes to an in-development game" people...
And by "People" I mean Etika because I don't think I've ever heard anyone claim Sakurai to be a massive liar.
I'm fully aware it wasn't an actual lie. That post wasn't serious; my intent was to say "The only thing he said that ended up not being true was a situation where we got more than what we were promised".

Can someone sum this up for me? Because after reading a few pages, and judging from past instances, this seems like an obvious accident.

Multiple times we have seen the Nintendo Amiibo page screw up and list an amino for a game it's not compatible with. I will bet this has happened AT LEAST 3-4 times already.

Is it not already apparent that their website seems to work on it's own? The website is likely coded in a way that makes any amiibo "posted" be assigned to these titles automatically, considering 95% of amiibos are compatible with Smash.

Is there anything else too this? Am I missing something? I consider Chibi-Robo as a character with a solid chance, but this seems to do nothing for either Shovel Knight or Chibi.
Nope, you've got it all down. There's nothing more to it.

It's exactly what it appears to be: just a case of people seeing the error and blowing it out of proportion.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I was speaking in relation to your post. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

Basically... read your post, thought sig was part of post, thought it was trying to be ironic in relation to your post, realized it was a standalone sig but still teasy.
Ok, I see.

Speaking of sig's, ever since the site update I haven't been able to see mine or other people's sig's on my phone. What's the deal with that?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hmm... maybe because you make those kind of posts like everyday, and in places like the Bandana Dee thread.
I do it when it seems boring, no one really seems to get along with me anyways, I might as well just leave, I'm starting to get depressed.

Last edited:
One of these days the smash fanbase will stop looking into things far far deeper than they need to be.

The freaking metal mario leak gained traction (Still pissed about that btw), people are freaking out about an amiibo page for like the 17th time even after YCG said "no, you stop that silly-willy), and i'm sure there are ever more ridiculous examples I could think of if I wasn't tired. I'm cool with speculation, i'm addicted to it, but this **** gets more and more unbelievable every day.

Until then back to sitting back and eating popcorn spaghetti while sighing.

2 late night rants in a row. yay me.

PS Undertale is fun so far. Papyrus's house and the "battle" made me laugh out loud for a solid 30 seconds straight.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Ok, I see.

Speaking of sig's, ever since the site update I haven't been able to see mine or other people's sig's on my phone. What's the deal with that?
I have no idea, though I imagine that was a general question to anyone that might know.

I do know know that since the site's update however, my phone can't even handle the site. I have to stop the site from "fully loading" if I don't want it to crash my phone's browser. Only way to check out the site from my phone now is with many of the pictures not loaded. It's passable but annoying. Even on my computer the site now seems more prone to loading forever even when it appears to have loaded everything. I guess a moblie media query for the site that simplifies some things should go on the site to-do list.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
One of these days the smash fanbase will stop looking into things far far deeper than they need to be.

The freaking metal mario leak gained traction (Still pissed about that btw), people are freaking out about an amiibo page for like the 17th time even after YCG said "no, you stop that silly-willy), and i'm sure there are ever more ridiculous examples I could think of if I wasn't tired. I'm cool with speculation, i'm addicted to it, but this **** gets more and more unbelievable every day.

Until then back to sitting back and eating popcorn while sighing.

2 late night rants in a row. yay me.

PS Undertale is fun so far. Papyrus's house and the "battle" made me laugh out loud for a solid 30 seconds straight.
The entire thread freaked out for days over someone saying "Sometime in the next two weeks you're gonna be getting a popular Nintendo character in this Nintendo fighting game".

Is it really a surprise that some fake leaks that actually gave details would pick up traction? We're at a point where someone with even a sliver of notoriety could go on a social media platform and say "Stuff is gonna happen on an unspecified date. Smash related.", and the fandom would go berserk.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero

In all fairness I've been right in the middle for SK the whole time. Love him as a character but don't care if he gets in or not. Although having actually been thinking up possible movesets and stuff for him lately, I'm actually super interested in seeing him in Smash. But I won't be bummed out if he's not.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Hm. Not sure if it is a glitch but the Shovel Knight amiibo might have been removed from the Nintendo Amiibo Compatibility site. I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm fully aware it wasn't an actual lie. That post wasn't serious; my intent was to say "The only thing he said that ended up not being true was a situation where we got more than what we were promised".

Nope, you've got it all down. There's nothing more to it.

It's exactly what it appears to be: just a case of people seeing the error and blowing it out of proportion.
And I didn't mean to sound like I was accusing you of not knowing, apologies. Just pointing out a general rule of thumb for the sake of pointing it out... if a developer says something that isn't in a final product, it's not a lie, it's a development decision. Etc.

Hm. Not sure if it is a glitch but the Shovel Knight amiibo might have been removed from the Nintendo Amiibo Compatibility site. I could be wrong.
It's definitely still on the Amiibo website.
http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/shovel-knight-amiibo-shovel-knight-series

EDIT: :4greninja:'d.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Anybody notice anything familiar?

When the SK rumor first started going around, they said it wasn't real and posted this:

Now they are saying this regarding the Smash rumor:

Well YCG?
Hey, they gave a moderately different response to a moderately different question!
Shovel Knight confirmed or something.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Street Fighter 5 tin foil hat time!

*Puts on tin foil hat*

The fact that the list on the left side has Zangief and Dhalsim listed makes me think that this whole time the 2 last classic characters were right in front of us, considering that Zangief was eventually confirmed for the game.

*takes off tin foil hat*

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Street Fighter 5 tin foil hat time!

*Puts on tin foil hat*

The fact that the list on the left side has Zangief and Dhalsim listed makes me think that this whole time the 2 last classic characters were right in front of us, considering that Zangief was eventually confirmed for the game.

*takes off tin foil hat*
But...but...but...Juri.
RIP Juri for base game.

Is okay though, now we have Laura.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'm getting tired of people saying On Twitter, 'I know something but I can't say anything!' if you know something and you are unwilling to talk about it publicly don't tell people you know something. It's really coming off as a cry for attention.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I just realized, having a new Mysterious Murasame Castle in the style of Onimusha would be god damn perfect. Nintendo, please make it happen.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly, I'd rather see the rest of III's newcomers make a triumphant return before IV's newcomers if only because we just had time with IV's newcomers.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm getting tired of people saying On Twitter, 'I know something but I can't say anything!' if you know something and you are unwilling to talk about it publicly don't tell people you know something. It's really coming off as a cry for attention.
Is there someone new saying this now?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Is there someone new saying this now?
Yeah.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I don't mean to just call out this guy.
It's been a recurring theme with this rumor, if he was the only one then I wouldnt be annoyed with it.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Honestly, I'd rather see the rest of III's newcomers make a triumphant return before IV's newcomers if only because we just had time with IV's newcomers.
You know I was upset when they added Ibuki, Makoto, Yun and Yang into SF4, those were some of my least favorite SF3 characters.
Yeah.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I don't mean to just call out this guy.
It's been a recurring theme with this rumor, if he was the only one then I wouldnt be annoyed with it.
This is a guy that helps make Smashified art... How does he get involved with this? I believe this guy is a big Splatoon fan so... but yeah, that is annoying.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I'm going to interpret this as "I know something, but I'm not going to tell you 'I know something I can't tell you' because I'm not 'that guy'". Can't fool me Dustin. I've used the flawless logic of your typical news desperate Smash fan. Let the conclusion jumping commence~

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Assuming Dhalsim and Zen are all that remains for Street Fighter 5's reveals (and assuming Akuma is hidden as always) here's what I want for DLC:

Sean
Sakura
Blanka
Guile
Alex
Juri
Balrog
C. Viper
Ingrid
Oro
Q
Eagle
Rufus
Rose
Mike Haggar

Zynux

Smash Lord
These people are to be ignored and not given the time of day.

If they can't provide anything substantial to back their claims and explain why they should be heard by the public then I do not see why anyone should listen to them or give them a fair shake. It's why I largely disassociate talking about "rumors" since it means nothing beyond someone else's word saying something may be true with nothing concrete or tangible.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I don't see anyone saying Shovel Knight deserves priority or should get in more than anyone else. I see people who want him, but that's different.

He's among my most wanted characters and I voted for him early on, but I wish this rumor would just get shot down already because I'm kinda tired of seeing people argue about him and I don't want anyone to be soured to him or his game.
Hear, hear. I spent my one vote on him and I've always wanted him as a sign of Nintendo embracing the Indie scene... but the longer this goes on, the more uncomfortable I am admitting I'm a Shovel Knight supporter.

It's important to recognize though that it's the fans doing this, not Shovel Knight. This isn't his fault, and YCG is only partially to blame for adding to the fire.

Still gonna wear this avatar like a total baller though.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm just sick of Twitter in general at this point.
So many people making insubstantial remarks that might not even have something to do with Smash Bros., and people find a way to bring it back to Smash and hype it up without thought every single time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom