• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
It was invincible I tell you! Invincible!... Btw, through my experience, it's the opposite. French are usually more arrogant. The spaniards like me tend to be noisy, party lovers and lazy. I think that suits us more.

D

Deleted member

All I know is, I'm better than both of you.
Now get the **** away from my bucket of bacon-wrapped fried chicken or I'll blow your brains out with the 20 shotguns I keep in my rolls of fat.

'Murica.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I want to slap the person that made this and every one of you that looks at it and goes, yep, this looks good.
Such animosity, much wow.

Do you honestly think that people are going to take into account tv pixels when making CSS screens like these?

Of course not, people who make these do it for the sake of filling the screen with as much characters as possible, its all done for the giggles so people can see what a full CSS might look like. Don't see a reason to start ranting and raving about this, especially when its effectively not going to do anything anyway.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It was invincible I tell you! Invincible!... Btw, through my experience, it's the opposite. French are usually more arrogant. The spaniards like me tend to be noisy, party lovers and lazy. I think that suits us more.
Huh.

Does it make more sense if I say my experience was mostly with Spanish teenagers?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Cats are cute. What kind of person would dislike cats?

What's with all this talk about what are blatant European stereotypes?

Have any of you been to Europe?

Frost. Half of us are European and we're making blatant jokes.

And its not that cats are actually evil.

It's just that dogs are superior in every way.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I remember talks about Donovan. I've heared that they wanted Jon Talbain, but was never able to find a source.

They essentially said Cyclops was boring because all he could do is shoot a beam.
I heared people at Capcom were interested in adding Tessa.

Seth only said Mega Man, not X.Rouge is Marvel though. If I had to bet Commando was left out due to having to make 3D models and animations for all his partners. Also him and Jin weren't even considered for the Ultimate version apparently.

All the major Spidey villains had legal and technical issues. I picked Blade because he was originally heavily considered for the vanilla version, but left out because too many swords, but they would go against things they say all the time and added Vergil anyway.
I remember an article on IGN where they said that Donovan was considered, so he would have been possible. But Jon was mentioned far more often. Pretty sure that Niitsuma even said he would have been in "if they could add one more character" on his twitter.

They did put that Mega Man tease in the Days of Future Past stage, I wouldn't have ruled him out but I definitely remember him saying it was X (because it was disappointing for me to hear lol).

Venom and Gambit topped all the polls throughout the community votes, they should have both been added. There was a distinct lack of x-men (team members) in the game. Wolverine, Storm and.... no one. You literally couldn't even have a team of 3 X-Men without picking sort of team member but not really Phoenix.

Oh and when I said Rouge, I meant Rogue from Power Stone. Not Rogue from the X-Men lol.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh! French and cat and dog talk? Well me, who is Swiss. (Techinally French but i prefer to say that i am Swiss.) I prefer Rabbit than dog or cat! Why? Because rabbit are more cute than cat and i don't like dog at all! (In real life, fictional dog don't derange me at all.)

Also, cat are evil. They have invaded the world and internet already with all the memes including a cat in it.:4fox:

Now i have to go before i get killed for saying that cat are evil.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh! French and cat and dog talk? Well me, who is Swiss. (Techinallly French but i prefer to say that i am Swiss.) I prefer Rabbit than dog or cat! Why? Because rabbit are more cute than cat and i don't like dog at all! (In real life, fictional dog don't derange me at all.)

Also, cat are evil. They have invaded the world and internet already with all the memes including a cat in it.:4fox:

Now i have to go before i get killed for saying that cat are evil.
Just like the Swiss to take the neutral path.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Frost. Half of us are European and we're making blatant jokes.
"Have you ever made a game?" -- Sakurai

Was the reference too subtle? :ohwell:

And its not that cats are actually evil.

It's just that dogs are superior in every way.
Cats are cute. Cats are agile. Cats are more silent than dogs

Though I agree that cats can be ****ing annoying. Especially if someone in your neighborhood has one and they start messing around outside their homes.

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
Bullseye. They are from the capital, so they believe they're the center of the ****** world. I work in a TIO, and "madrileños" are the worst, their superiority complex is extremely annoying. They really rustle my jimmies

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just like the Swiss to take the neutral path.
That's actually a joke that i do alot about Swiss. We are Swiss, we are neutral for everything!:088:
(But really, Swiss is really bad sometime for buy Video games, like, alot.)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Cats are cute.

Dogs are cute.

I have a dog however.

And my little buddy is awesome, so therefore I will always vote team dogs, despite loving both animals.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Bullseye. They are from the capital, so they believe they're the center of the ****** world. I work in a TIO, and "madrileños" are the worst, their superiority complex is extremely annoying. They really rustle my jimmies
Well that would explain a lot.

They made some rather rude comments to my mother and tried to pull some ****.

Sounds like it really is a Madridian thing.

I mean if we're including non-cats and dogs, then screw cats because ferrets are the best.
So...

I gave cats a bad time but I actually have a reason to dislike ferrets.

I worked at a zoo for a while.

The ferrets and the bearded dragons hated my guts.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Such animosity, much wow.

Do you honestly think that people are going to take into account tv pixels when making CSS screens like these?

Of course not, people who make these do it for the sake of filling the screen with as much characters as possible, its all done for the giggles so people can see what a full CSS might look like. Don't see a reason to start ranting and raving about this, especially when its effectively not going to do anything anyway.
Because I've brought this up a million times, and I shouldn't have to. It's literally stuff they teach you on the first day.

This screen was made to 'prove' how many characters can fit, so yes, I do think if people want to keep making these stupid things, they need to consider the basic reality of UI design.

And if I'm overly hostile, it's only because I've fallen to the Dark Side recently.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also, maybe a reason of why i love rabbit so much is because of Pandora Hearts. I mean, a freaking black rabbit that have scythe. It isn't freaking awesome?

(But why i am talking about Pandora Hearts anyway? Probably nobody here known what it is. Like Neuro.:4link:
If someone known however PH. Say to me.)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I suppose this whole UI thing could have been resolved if the person who made the hypothetical select screen by reducing the pixels of the icon's rather than filling the whole screen in.....

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What is the most satisfying move to land in Smash and why is it :4falcon:Knee of Justice and :4ryu: True Shoryuken
Comprehensive list of most satisfying moves in Smash Bros.:

- Ryu's True Shoryuken
- Mega Man Shoryuken
- Luigi's Shoryuken
- Dr. Mario's Shoryuken
- Ryu's Shin Shoryuken FS
- Little Mac's KO Uppercut is kinda like a Shoryuken if you think about it
- So is Marth's Dolphin Slash

I love Shoryukens.:4ryu:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Having been to Spain countless times, I can say the culture can vary depending on the region.

I've been to Madrid once. Though I didn't realize they tend to be like that.

I suppose this whole UI thing could have been resolved if the person who made the hypothetical select screen by reducing the pixels of the icon's rather than filling the whole screen in.....
I'm quite sure the icons could be reduced in size if necessary.

Brawl did so when so as you unlocked characters and Smash 3DS does the same.

Anyway, on the Wii U version, they will have to find a way to put more characters. The 3DS can handle that fine by having a second page. Given each player has their own screen, it's something that works. On the Wii U, all players share the same screen, so having multiple pages is not a viable option.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm quite sure the icons could be reduced in size if necessary.

Brawl did so when so as you unlocked characters and Smash 3DS does the same.

Anyway, on the Wii U version, they will have to find a way to put more characters. The 3DS can handle that fine by having a second page. Given each player has their own screen, it's something that works. On the Wii U, all players share the same screen, so having multiple pages is not a viable option.
I would assume its probably either further reducing the horizontal length of the selection icons or doing like they did for the 3DS version and removing the names from the icon's once there are too many character selection icon's etc. That's how I think they would do at least once it comes to that point.....

Last edited:

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
Well that would explain a lot.

They made some rather rude comments to my mother and tried to pull some ****.

Sounds like it really is a Madridian thing.

The ferrets and the bearded dragons hated my guts.
Sorry to hear that buddy, you've met some really bad examples of spanish people. But here I am to prove you that not all the spanish people are the same ;)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The most satisfying moves to land are Ganon's everything. Seriously.
I pity those that shield his up tilt, leaving them at the mercy of a reverse Warlock Punch. :4ganondorf:

I also like it how he's been getting buffs in the latest balance patches. In fact, I don't think any balance patch ever nerfed Ganondorf.

Now, he just needs a buff for Dark Dive's damage and knockback, both the grab and the uppercut. That move is seriously weak, especially for a character that relies on power. It's even weaker than Falcon Dive, which is just confusing.

I would assume its probably either further reducing the horizontal length of the selection icons or doing like they did for the 3DS version and removing the names from the icon's once there are too many character selection icon's etc. That's how I think they would do at least once it comes to that point.....
They could just reduce the length of the icons. Though removing the names will also help conserve space.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how things will be handled... Once more characters are released, that is.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Because I've brought this up a million times, and I shouldn't have to. It's literally stuff they teach you on the first day.

This screen was made to 'prove' how many characters can fit, so yes, I do think if people want to keep making these stupid things, they need to consider the basic reality of UI design.

And if I'm overly hostile, it's only because I've fallen to the Dark Side recently.
Question: Who is "they"?

And besides that its obvious the people making them don't take the UI into consideration, so if you do want them to, you could post a response to the dude who made it on Reddit.

Or make a thread on the Smash Bros. sub reddit explaining why the large majority of these screens are BS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
This is why I love my childhood. I don't have to choose. Why not both?

But really though, I don't really care for either anyways, so....meh.

D

Deleted member

What is the most satisfying move to land in Smash and why is it :4falcon:Knee of Justice and :4ryu: True Shoryuken
Any of Zelda's sweet spot kicks. One namely that it takes skill to land them in a tournament, two being that the animation and destructive force behind it is so awesome, and three being there's nothing more fun then meteor smashing someone, especially when they get back up and think it's over and you land another one sending them to the pits.

Meta Knight's up throw and also Kirby, but I find sometimes it's more fun for Meta Knight cause he's so fast i can keep doing it over and over. Taking someone off screen with a slam is baws.

Now if we're talking Melee, Ganondorf's Wizard Foot meteor smash then recover is always going to be my favorite thing in life.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
So are the last 40 pages worth reading.
Can someone give me an update on what's been happening? :4ness:
Apparently the Shovel Knight amiibo was incorrectly listed as compatible with Smash on the official amiibo site.

As usual, the immediate reaction was "SK CONFIRMED FOR SMASH!!?", even after Yacht Club Games stated several times that it's an error.

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Apparently the Shovel Knight amiibo was incorrectly listed as compatible with Smash on the official amiibo site.

As usual, the immediate reaction was "SK CONFIRMED FOR SMASH!!?", even after Yacht Club Games stated several times that it's an error.
To be fair, they also said there was no Shovel Knight amiibo 1 or 2 weeks before it was confirmed.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
To be fair, they also said there was no Shovel Knight amiibo 1 or 2 weeks before it was confirmed.
While you said that they actually meant that it wasn't part of the Smash series amiibo line which that website said it was so they kinda denied that one.

Their amiibo is their own line and is probably the only one they got as of now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom