• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'm going to interpret this as "I know something, but I'm not going to tell you 'I know something I can't tell you' because I'm not 'that guy'". Can't fool me Dustin. I've used the flawless logic of your typical news desperate Smash fan. Let the conclusion jumping commence~
Lol I was afraid that people would intrepret my statement to something like that. I almost didn't post it because I know how crazy some fans are.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm getting tired of people saying On Twitter, 'I know something but I can't say anything!' if you know something and you are unwilling to talk about it publicly don't tell people you know something. It's really coming off as a cry for attention.
It's become a meme, and not the fun kind.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Well... It looks like he's implying that this next character isn't a ballot character... Which coincides with Stealth saying he doesn't think it's a ballot character.......... I swear these Twitter leaks have sucked my soul away.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Well, unlike @Burb, I'm still giving it the benefit of the doubt. It's really rather harmless. If the Shovel Knight leak is fake, all the Shovel Knight fans get sad or angry. If this leak is fake, no one really cares.

I kind of prefer it this way. We might get a cool character in a week or two, and if we don't, it doesn't matter, because no particular character's fans got strung along.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Found this on the Sub-Reddit on how the CSS might look like with 6 more characters.

I think it's interesting how it properly lines up everyone.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Chibi Robo would be cool. Super Smash Flash kind of made me want him to be a legit thing, because I imagine as fun as he is there. Sakurai's level of dedication and care would only make him even more cool.

Plus being in Smash could help his series.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Found this on the Sub-Reddit on how the CSS might look like with 6 more characters.

I was actually wondering if we may have 10 DLC characters in total once all is said and done. So another wave of three characters sometime soon and then another final wave of three in 2016 taking a fuller look with the ballot.

But that's just mere speculation on my part though.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

I want to slap the person that made this and every one of you that looks at it and goes, yep, this looks good.

It's such a simple concept to grasp. TVs eat pixels! Crappy TVs eat a lot of pixels. The crappiest TVs eat 10% of the pixels.

Which is why the edges of the current CSS are lined up exactly 10% of the way away from the edge.

This is a berserk button now. Stop doing this.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I want to slap the person that made this and every one of you that looks at it and goes, yep, this looks good.

It's such a simple concept to grasp. TVs eat pixels! Crappy TVs eat a lot of pixels. The crappiest TVs eat 10% of the pixels.

Which is why the edges of the current CSS are lined up exactly 10% of the way away from the edge.

This is a berserk button now. Stop doing this.
I thought it looked good until you pointed out that it wouldn't look good on an actual TV.
Are you still going to slap me? :urg:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
User was warned for this post
I hate that I have to believe that.
The ride never ends... Until the DLC does anyway.
...Even then it probably won't end. Mr. Bones' Wild Smash Coaster, everybody.
Oh very scary, inb4 this is his reveal trailer music,

Also Dat Splatfest

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Roger just tweeted a gif that had a Mii in a K Rool outfit. INB4 people start claiming that it's confirmation of K Rool being the DLC character he knows about.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Welp. My thoughts still stands though..... :T

Who know how many we would probably have once DLC is all said and done. Probably not that many, depends if they decide to include a few more semi/pseudo clones I guess.....

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Here, let me make it crystal clear.

Here's what Smash looks like on a Good TV.

And here's what Smash looks like on a Bad TV.

Notice all the important stuff is still visible. It's almost like they planned it that way!

Now here's what it looks like when the characters run all the way to the edge.

Anybody see the problem?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Notice all the important stuff is still visible. It's almost like they planned it that way!

Anybody see the problem?
CSS confirmed to scroll left and right, never-ending DLC is happening :dazwa:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
User was warned for this post
The whole twitter fiasco is confusing.

But it sounds like its exciting too.

Think we'll get news of ANY kind this week?

Anybody see the problem?
So vaan.

Personally with the UI involved, how many more do you think we'll get?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Ice Climber situation and no more "multi-character" slots aside:
You could fit Young Link, Pichu, Wolf, Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur), Ice Climbers, and Snake in those six slots, bringing back every veteran. (unless I'm missing someone)

---

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Pretty sure the character select screen size isn't going to matter because... DLC arrows.
I mean, it matters in terms of they won't expand it to the point where they don't fit on screen properly.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I just want to say, if all these rumors are truly connected and all these people are in on the same secret and it turns out to be legit... well this has to be some kind of record for something legit getting passed around like this without a leak bursting forth. What's it been, 4 days? Nearly 5? I don't think I've ever seen so many uninvolved people keep a video game secret this long.

Usually, with stuff like this, people just have to tell their most trusted friend, and so on and so on until eventually someone's friend wasn't so trusted. If this is real and as spread out as it looks, you can bet that more people know than we realize, and what are the odds that all these people would be keeping a bombshell like this from exploding? Have the spreaders of this secret news just been lucky so far? I don't know. It's just another reason I'm skeptical of the whole thing. It looks a lot more like just a bunch of people bandwagonning on the latest attention grabbing rumor. If this is the case, I'd be disappointed in anyone involved since I wish to trust people and not assume their lying for attention. Such a revelation would taint their image in my eyes. Perhaps it's that risk that makes the lying seem less likely and gives the rumor some credibility... but sadly, you never know with people and how much they're willing to put their reputation on the line for 15 minutes of fame.

Edit:
This all said, it's a pretty safe and undefined rumor. It sounds like typical guesswork in fact, just with people claiming it's certain. In other words, the risk isn't so great and if anything happens in a week's time it'll be hard to even check whether these rumor spreaders actually knew anything. They could've just gotten lucky with their time frame. The whole "couple weeks after the ballot ends" time frame is a pretty safe one for news as well.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If there's a 1st party Nintendo character added without the ballot's influence, and is popular...
I would say he's one of the top candidates.
I don't know. Roger and Sean are really excited for this character, and I don't think they're that into Chibi-Robo. I don't think he's 8 or 9/10 hype. It's also said that it's a character you'd expect and would make their way into Smash eventually; I don't think Cheebo fits those descriptions.

On top of that the creator of Chibi-Robo recently implied that he hasn't been asked if Chibi-Robo could be in Smash.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
id laugh (and be excited) if there were 12 characters anounced for smash dlc
(theyd get rid of the names ala smash 3ds on wiiu and do the second page deal for 3ds)
and this would lead to how would these characters be decided in this hypothetical situation well i have a hypothetical theiory
there are three major regions that people pay attention too in regards to games NA,PAL and JPN
4 ballot characters per region

now the likely hood of this happening is astronomical but its fun to try and imagine what the characters would be and where they would have been chosen as the rep

and in this fun little hypothetical universe i imagine a possible outcome of it being an expansion with each region getting their 4characters(and related stages if any) right away and having to unlock the 8 characters from the other regions
(see binding of issac for an example of this...OG issac not rebirth)

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
So vaan.

Personally with the UI involved, how many more do you think we'll get?
The UI was designed to accommodate a base roster that fluctuates between 49 and 50 (if Miis are on or not, including the random button). Even if they had to foresight to plan for Mewtwo, given that the icons required no re-sizing to fit him, they did not plan for any of the other DLC characters.

When the Lucas/Ryu/Roy patch dropped, the character icons were actually trimmed of a few pixels on either side and scaled down to fit them. Trying to use the existing UI to guess how many DLC characters remain is a moot endeavor. They didn't plan for their inclusion, so there were never any 'empty' slots to fill, and they've already demonstrated they'll rescale the existing icons to fit more in.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
As soon as I saw that CSS screen spanning the entire rows I knew vaan would blow a blood vessel in rage.

:laugh:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Europe's next Splatfest.
RIP cats again
Sorry to dirge this up everyone, but I really need to let you lot know, European's love cats, so saying that Cats are going to lose straight away is very wrong. Also shows you don't quite understand the relationship between cats and cat owners in Europe.

With that said I will be picking Tea Cats, cause sorry dogs, but seeing and helping a mother cat give birth and raising kittens makes me a cat lover

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Well they are objectively wrong and evil.

Just like cats.

#man'sbestfriend
At least we aren't so arrogant as to claim to be perfect, like Americans are :p

Also if we're evil, then I suppose you'll be wanting to give up your gun culture then? :p

Do remember guns do originate from Europe, not America :p

Also like I said, cats giving is something I've seen, so cat person by default

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
At least we aren't so arrogant as to claim to be perfect, like Americans are :p

Also if we're evil, then I suppose you'll be wanting to give up your gun culture then? :p

Do remember guns do originate from Europe, not America :p

Also like I said, cats giving is something I've seen, so cat person by default
Man Europeans can't take a joke.

Like I made a silly slam against cats that wasn't even serious.

You made it political.

-_-

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Man Europeans can't take a joke.

Like I made a silly slam against cats.

You made it political.

-_-
You know I wasn't being serious right swamp? Hence the :p

I did also use the stereotype that most Americans prove is wrong, you know the one that says your all gun toting lunatics who will shot for the silliest reasons. Just like how the English have shown that drinking tea is not what we all do, nor is having tea parties, or that we all live in castle and are secretly James Bond villains.

wait should I have told you lot we aren't all James Bond villains?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You know I wasn't being serious right swamp? Hence the :p

I did also use the stereotype that most Americans prove is wrong, you know the one that says your all gun toting lunatics who will shot for the silliest reasons. Just like how the English have shown that drinking tea is not what we all do, nor is having tea parties, or that we all live in castle and are secretly James Bond villains.
I refuse to believe all Europeans are not Bond villains.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Having spent half my life in homes that had pit bulls and chihuahua's, I can safely say I hate dogs.
#Cats
Cats only attack you when they don't like what you're doing.

God forbid you pick up a dog's toy lest they maul you. As I child I went over to my Aunt's house, and she had two untrained dogs. I picked up one of their toys to play with it (It was a somewhat lifesize cat doll, I was punching it around pretending I was a superhero) and one of the dogs scratched me. Besides that being around those dogs have pretty much made me fear dogs in general. They were loud and aggressive, and any opportunity they had they'd jump on me. You could hear them coming from the hallway and knew that they'd be on you within second. As a young child, those experiences scarred me, to the point where I don't like dogs at all. I didn't really like the dog my family used to have (now deceased), he was very high maintenance, and as he became old I often came home to the smell of dog poop in the house and the sight of a carpet stained with dog pee. Not fun. However, there was always a sense of protection, of alertness from him. I could sleep soundly knowing he was there outside of my room, and he'd be there to scare off any attackers, or at the very least alert me to their presence. I do have to say that as I type this I miss him, and that maybe I would pick Team Dog just in his honor.

However, for the time being, Team Cat has my vote, as there's nothing better than cuddling with a cute and fluffy kitty. :3

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
All Americans are Larry the Cable Guy.

All Europeans are Bond villains, but they are also Harry Potter before THE METAMORPHOSIS.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just like how the English have shown that drinking tea is not what we all do, nor is having tea parties, or that we all live in castle and are secretly James Bond villains.
Yo I don't Europe a whole lot.

But I'm pretty sure that stuff is true.

Considering you have the French in Europe......
This is a bold face lie.
I work with the French and Spanish every summer.

The French are actually quite nice if not a party crowd.

The Spanish are the arrogant ones.

They have this concept of Machismo.

Much different than Latino machismo.

Spanish machismo is toxic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom