• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, Shovel Knight leak is dead and Super Saiyan Hercule?

WHAT THE **** DID I MISS?!?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
What were the things that Sakurai lied about?
I can't remember if it was one of those things that ended up being a mistranslation, but he did suggest that Assist Trophies would differ between versions.

But I don't think that counts anyway, because we ended up getting all of the Assist Trophies on both versions, which is far better.

There was just this error on the amiibo website that ended up listing Shovel Knight's amiibo as being compatible with Smash 4, which resulted in exactly what you'd expect.

Yacht Club confirmed on Twitter that it was an error.

The Shovel Knight leak itself is not dead, just this one little part of it.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You know what, **** it, I was going to spill it eventually, a few weeks ago, Yacht Club Games Tweeted a picture of Bandana Dee and what captioned was as if they were teasing something.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I can't remember if it was one of those things that ended up being a mistranslation, but he did suggest that Assist Trophies would differ between versions.

But I don't think that counts anyway, because we ended up getting all of the Assist Trophies on both versions, which is far better.

There was just this error on the amiibo website that ended up listing Shovel Knight's amiibo as being compatible with Smash 4, which resulted in exactly what you'd expect.

Yacht Club confirmed on Twitter that it was an error.

The Shovel Knight leak itself is not dead, just this one little part of it.
There's a difference between "Lying" and "Changes to an in-development game" people...
And by "People" I mean Etika because I don't think I've ever heard anyone claim Sakurai to be a massive liar.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
He's brought up constantly and his videos are posted in this thread.

Either of those events result in Etika becoming on topic.

If people want to say negative things about him, they should be allowed to. Sorry for not liking the same things as you.
Bruh.

That fact that he doesn't like Etika is some thing I really wasn't concerned about when I wrote that post.

It's when he says "Kill me now" constantly.

So what if he doesn't like Etika? I 100% respect that.

If he wants to dis Etika I don't care, its just him saying "Kill me now" majority of the time Etika is brought up bugs me, that's all.

Its just as obnoxious as the "MY **** *Insert Lenny face*" or *Insert innuendo and Lenny face here* thing is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's that one point in time where you question your life choices and this is one of them:

View attachment 77523
Yes, this is legit

Yes, this looks stupid

Yes, this is pretty awesome for Mr Satan

Yes, I'm gonna drop anime for a while.
Only until Diamond is Unbreakable is animated and they finally do a season 2 of Kill la Kill
Ummm.........how?

I can buy the "baby Pan makes Videl go Super Saiyan" excuse.....but how in the Hell does HERCULE turn Super Saiyan?!

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
We interrupt this stupid amiibo discussion to notify that
Rapelope and Death Bacon confirmed
hmm this seems the same as with ash's greninja. wonder if its something new that powers up your pokemon similar to mega evolution. although at this rate we can be confident about a 3rd gen 6 pokemon game.

edit- nvm misread.

Last edited:

Chrono.

hmm this seems the same as with ash's greninja. wonder if its something new that powers up your pokemon similar to mega evolution. although at this rate we can be confident about a 3rd gen 6 pokemon game.
Those are just the shiny forms for Xerneas and Yveltal.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know what, **** it, I was going to spill it eventually, a few weeks ago, Yacht Club Games Tweeted a picture of Bandana Dee and what captioned was as if they were teasing something.
I think you need to stop with the conspiracy theories.

Tin Foil hats don't look good on you.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Bruh.

That fact that he doesn't like Etika is some thing I really wasn't concerned about when I wrote that post.

It's when he says "Kill me now" constantly.

So what if he doesn't like Etika? I 100% respect that.

If he wants to dis Etika I don't care, its just him saying "Kill me now" majority of the time Etika is brought up bugs me, that's all.

Its just as obnoxious as the "MY **** *Insert Lenny face*" or *Insert innuendo and Lenny face here* thing is.
I'm sorry, I'll never, ever, do it again.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ya know.

Screw everyone else.

I for one, celebrate Super Hercules.

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Ok LAST competitive thing I sear. . .apparently freaking Seagull Joe shows up to the tourney usually. (couldn't because of heavy rain) So yea that would be extremely awesome to see.
(of course because I used the word "seagull" in a post I have summoned him. I'm sure he'll come and prove it it's true or not)

I also did not like Metroid 1. I just couldn't get into it at all.
SUMMONING COMPLETE.

Where do I show up? UMD Friday fests? I didn't go this time cause I was tired. I ate too much food and graded too many papers. Went home and slept lol.

I'll probably go next Friday to help prepare people for the Arcadian and see peepz.

:018:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

As a connoisseur of tinfoil hats, I say that they're rather fashionable this time of year. It's both stylish and keeps your brain safe from extra-terrestrial life. What more could you want?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
He's not the only one.
140 characters is not enough space for me to give GameXplain a patented reality check on self-fulfilling prophecies.

AFAIK, SK rumor isn't dead. We just can't see its legs.

Given that Tama, Neo, and Push are the only people here with the details, it's pretty much up to them to give us any updates on its pulse - unless I missed a deconfirmation, which is entirely possible as I haven't had time to read every page.

Last edited:
Where do I show up? UMD Friday fests? I didn't go this time cause I was tired. I ate too much food and graded too many papers. Went home and slept lol.

I'll probably go next Friday to help prepare people for the Arcadian and see peepz.

Indeed it was. Hope to be there to get my ass handed to me again by actual good players.

****ing called it.
140 characters is not enough space for me to give GameXplain a patented reality check on self-fulfilling prophecies.
http://www.twitlonger.com/
Wehn in doubt.. . go ham on those fools

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

It wasn't a conspiracy, they literally said it like a teaser, how is that a conspiracy? Actually you know what, whatever, I'm gonna get some sleep.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
SUMMONING COMPLETE.

OMG the guy who beat ZeRo is actually here in out presence.

WE'RE NOT WORTHY

Ya know.

Screw everyone else.

I for one, celebrate Super Hercules.
You're on your own Swamp, I can't deal with it, Super Satan is just too insane.

So insane, it's probably a joke but a joke that shouldn't even be done

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
my god people are so desperate for shovel knight. can anyone be wishing for an actual nintendo character for once?

Those are just the shiny forms for Xerneas and Yveltal.
yea i just found out about it. still though gamefreak needs to just come out and announce xyz or just z.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Eh... I know we can't really take what YCG says at face value, but I think this could have been direct disconfirmation.
At least according to me anyways.
Or they could just be playing coy. This is why I hate ****ing rumors.

Um... where did you get that from?
Can someone do me a favor and find the tweet where YCG denied the initial SK amiibo rumor that was on that online store? I remember them saying something very very similar and then it came true. Was about a week before PAX for reference.

D

Deleted member

I will accept SSj Hercule (assuming it's real) if it is revealed he actually has Saiyan blood in him somehow.
If he's still just as much a pure-blooded human as we've known him to be for years, I'ma have an issue.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Can someone sum this up for me? Because after reading a few pages, and judging from past instances, this seems like an obvious accident.

Multiple times we have seen the Nintendo Amiibo page screw up and list an amino for a game it's not compatible with. I will bet this has happened AT LEAST 3-4 times already.

Is it not already apparent that their website seems to work on it's own? The website is likely coded in a way that makes any amiibo "posted" be assigned to these titles automatically, considering 95% of amiibos are compatible with Smash.

Is there anything else too this? Am I missing something? I consider Chibi-Robo as a character with a solid chance, but this seems to do nothing for either Shovel Knight or Chibi.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
It wasn't a conspiracy, they literally said it like a teaser, how is that a conspiracy? Actually you know what, whatever, I'm gonna get some sleep.
They were saying it as a joke. They make you think they're referring to Shovel Knight, then show a picture of someone else as a gag. They made similar jokes with other characters before. Besides they wouldn't tease a future DLC character like that, even if they were somehow given the information.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be fair though (and to go on a tangent for a second), Dragon Ball Z is a franchise built on stupid, but in a way that's part of its charm. It's the same reason I love Jojo: Sure most if not all the time it's over the top and looks at logic like oil does to water, but I don't care; I see a man fighting a vampire.

I think we should look at Super Satan less with disgust, and more remind ourselves that this is a franchise where monkey men fire giant lasers out of their palms which promptly blow up half the planet. This is just another element added on to the insanity that makes DBZ.

The SSJ Hercule thing was just a joke (it 'happened' but in a joke sequence)
It was?
Well...darn.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I will accept SSj Hercule (assuming it's real) if it is revealed he actually has Saiyan blood in him somehow.
If he's still just as much a pure-blooded human as we've known him to be for years, I'ma have an issue.
My buddy is saying its just a day dream of Hercule's.....which honestly fits his character. Always dreaming about being the hero. I'd like a confirmation on this though!

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
They were saying it as a joke. They make you think they're referring to Shovel Knight, then show a picture of someone else as a gag. They made similar jokes with other characters before. Besides they wouldn't tease a future DLC character like that, even if they were somehow given the information.
Oh, oh... oh... :c Please forgive me everyone.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
If I was writing this show, I'd go with a blood transfusion and make it a temporary thing. Cause SS Hercule is ripe for Buu-saga style Hercule Comedy, and the premise comes with a built in 'wears off eventually' clause.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I want Excitebike, Sami from Advance Wars, Inkling from Splatoon, and Ashley from WarioWare.
I also want Shovel Knight.
...happy?
the thing is that people treat him like he deserves 1st priority in smash. this is mostly a nintendo all star game. nintendo characters should get 1st priority, not a character that doesn't have much of a history with nintendo, let alone a 3rd party character. shoot even banjo kazooie has more history with nintendo than SK. i really hope sakurai sticks with his philosphy of 3rd party characters being "special case". megaman, sonic, pacman,and ryu all fit that special case. SK or any other indie character does not in my view.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Stop please, did you read the post I wrote in the DLC Character Discussion Thead?
Stop posting misinformation, thinking every leak is real and that everything can be a conspiracy theory about Smash characters.
All your posts are that, then someone corrects you and then you say "Oh, sorry, I will never do that again".
It's annoying.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
It's not really dead. Just YCG keeps insinuating it isn't real, but they did the same with the Amiibo listing. So i dunno.
And the physical version, and the EU release date.

But sometimes you just have to take this stuff at face value and I think now is one of those times.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
OH great, Chandy's on the thread too, now he's gonna nag me.

Edit: He got me!

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
The screencap in your sig confused me. I thought it was an attempt at being ironic, since it's not exactly relevant except for maybe the teasing part.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
the thing is that people treat him like he deserves 1st priority in smash. this is mostly a nintendo all star game. nintendo characters should get 1st priority, not a character that doesn't have much of a history with nintendo, let alone a 3rd party character. shoot even banjo kazooie has more history with nintendo than SK. i really hope sakurai sticks with his philosphy of 3rd party characters being "special case". megaman, sonic, pacman,and ryu all fit that special case. SK or any other indie character does not in my view.
Every time I see Shovel Knight being considered a respected character on Smashboards, I can't help but think "hindsight bias".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom