• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Shovel knight,inklings, and chibi-robo/dixie kong are my predicitions.If any of the rumors are true it's going be one of these 4 .I'm more so leaning with shovel knight due to bias and i think inklings fit the bill for the stealth_ rumor but imo are probably being saved.Chibi-robo and dixie kong also fit the stealth_/zef rumor so that's why i added them

Last edited by a moderator:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
If both newcomer rumors are true (which I doubt) I wouldn't be surprised to see a full on 3 pack reveal (like what we saw with Lucas, Ryu, and Roy.) Shovel Knight, Inklings, and a third character (please be Wolf.)

Once again, I don't think this will happen, but it's not out of the realm of possibility and I would almost expect it if (big if) both rumors are true.
I do think it's a real possibility that 3 characters might come in the next DLC Pack. Mostly because I do think the next one will release in December and will most likely be the final one as much as I hate to say that. So it would make sense to give a bunch of content as a sort of parting gift to the consumer.

Although, we really don't know how much more content is planned right now. So its possible we might see some things into 2016, but who really knows at this point.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm very skeptical about leaks and rumors.

The only leaks I really trusted were the ESRB and the Roy/Ryu leaks.

What made me really confident in the ESRB leak was the quality and art style of the renders, especially since Dr. Mario and Dark Pit were in there and were a perfect match to Mario and Pit in regards to the art style. In addition, the Duck Hunt, Ness and Bowser Jr. renders being unique was also a major factor supporting it.

The videos helped things even further and when Shulk was officially confirmed, I stopped questioning the leak. At that point, all doubts were gone.

Roy/Ryu leak had the backing of reputable data miners and, well, those were files in the game, after all. The fact music pertaining to a Kirby stage (particularly Dream Land 64) was in there and a glitch made Kirby characters sometimes have Battlefield as their home stage in Classic mode was especially suspicious.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Maybe they left some info on the Direct in the disc. :awesome:

(I'm not being serious.)
There's no Direct Schedule on the Splatoon disc, but I hear they've found Reggie's grocery list and Shigeru Miyamoto's credit card information on it.

Street Fighter X Tekken, the game that is most notorious for on disk DLC, released in 2012.

Inafune quit Capcom in 2010.

Just saying.
You'd have a point if people hadn't just found Mighty No. 9's DLC on the demo.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
There's no Direct Schedule on the Splatoon disc, but I hear they've found Reggie's grocery list and Shigeru Miyamoto's credit card information on it.

And those who unveiled that sacred information are forever haunted by a terrifying, relentless entity.
I'm sorry, this is literally the first thing that came to my mind when you said grocery list.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Warlock lunch?
I knew Ganon was a good cooker :p

Also, what is this with no mention of Ganon's DAir?
Doesn't matter how easy it is to land, it will always be satisfying
I never cared for his down air......but his arial side-B?
Mmmmmm......ganoncide is sooo delicious

D

Deleted member

Street Fighter X Tekken, the game that is most notorious for on disk DLC, released in 2012.

Inafune quit Capcom in 2010.

Just saying.
It was, however, Inafune's idea to include Bad Box Art Mega Man before he left. He could have possibly had some input on the DLC.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think I'm just getting tired of people blaming all of Capcom's shady practices from the past few years on Inafune when: 1.) it actually escalated when he left the company and 2.) He didn't have that much sway in the company.

D

Deleted member

Well my uncle from Nintendo told me that they found the secret plans to form an empire to counter Disney's within the disc.

Why do you think Disney then ripped off Splatoon?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Just a random thought, but if Shovel Knight gets in I really want him to have a Knights of the Round-esque final smash where all the other knights step in to kick some hd booty.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Anything revolving around about more Fire Emblem Fates information is gonna be stuff we already heard and something about a certain fire red lord :4feroy:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
QUICK CHALLENGE!

Make a moveset for Captain Toad, Daisy, Paper Mairo, Petey and Nabbit!

Captain Toad - Goes on an Adventure!
Warning: Big pictures included:​
Natural Special - Turnip
Captain Toad pulls a turnip out of the ground. This turnip does not work like Peach's.
Captain Toad's turnip is bigger, faster and stronger too and can't get catched by an opponent when thrown, but it also limits Toad to some extant.
He can neither use any attack nor doge or pick anything up until he has thrown the turnip. In addition, he loses his turnip when he has been attacked, with any attack that deals any knockback.
But on the up side, the turnip deals decent damage, and can K.O. at higher percents.

Side Special - Piranha Sprout
Captain Toad plants a Piranha Sprout in front of him.
The Piranha Sprout shoots little rocks and can only be attacked when it comes out of the ground.
Captain can't plant 2 at a time so he either has wait until it vanishes or he can pull the Piranha out of the ground and throw it.
Thrown, the Piranha does neither do a lot damage nor does deal great Knockback, but the overall move is faster than the turnip and is a good move for keeping your opponent away from you.

Down Special - Toad Spin
This attack is based on the little attack Captain Toad does when he is spinning in Treasure Tracker.
It works like a mixture between Dr. Mario's down special and Meta-Knights natural special, with a few weaker hits and a "finisher".
The longer you mash the button the longer the attack takes, but Toad doesn't gain a lot of height from it.

Up Special - Starshroom
Captain Toad summons a small version of the his loyal spaceship, the legendary Starshroom.
The little Starshroom appears above his head, Captain Toad then holds onto it.
It works a lot like Snake's up special in Brawl.
After Captain Toad released the ship, it flies of the screen. On its way it can bump into opponents above it with a little funny animation.

Miscellaneous
Captain Toad may be slow, he can't jump high, but this Toad is one hell of a guy because of his backpack, but he deals great damage and Knockback with his little ax, which he uses for his Smash- and some other attacks.

Captain Toadette and the blue Toad with the glasses could easily be alts for him.

One taunt could be him taking out a Super Gem and then looking happy at it.
I would love if one of his taunts would turns his light of, like when you press y on the Game Pad in Treasure Tracker.
Another taunt could be him setting his backpack while he looks strained, since its pretty heavy.

And finally, the Final Smash:
I have a few ideas for his Final Smash:

Super Pickax
When Captain Toad activates his Final Smash he gains the Super Pickax ability from Treasure Tracker. It makes him run a lot faster and jump higher. Needless to say that it deals great Knockback when an opponent gets hit.

Draggadon
Captain toad summons Draggadon, who will then appear on the left side of the screen. Captain Toad hops onto him and now can aim where he wants to shoot gigantic fireballs. It's not very useful in big stages, but there are quite a fw with the same, or even worse, fate.

Super Turnip Cart
Captain Toad jumps off the screen, he then appears in front of the stage and slowly drives in a Mine Cart through the screen.
The cart is filled with turnips which Captain Toad can throw at the opponents on stage.
It's similar to Snake's Final Smash from Brawl.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Fire Emblem Fates' DLC is all on the cartridges so
While I dislike how Fates is handling the DLC, it actually isn't on-disc. What the hackers did was hack the Nintendo server to get things like the third route, Awakening DLC and the like. Certain things like skills you got through the DLC were on the cartridge, but the maps weren't.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think I'm just getting tired of people blaming all of Capcom's shady practices from the past few years on Inafune when: 1.) it actually escalated when he left the company and 2.) He didn't have that much sway in the company.
People blame Inafune because he had an impact. He decided that DmC needed an American company to reboot it iirc for instance

D

Deleted member

Just a random thought, but if Shovel Knight gets in I really want him to have a Knights of the Round-esque final smash where all the other knights step in to kick some hd booty.
That would be a bit weird considering the Order of No Quarter are antagonists.

I mean, I get that most of them aren't inherently bad, just aligned with the Enchantress, but still.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
False. Most was incomplete or outright not there, the Anna DLC chapter wasn't found at all
Tingle's data was on Hyrule Warriors iirc
Tingle had database references to him and his balloon if I remember correctly (or empty files).

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
People blame Inafune because he had an impact. He decided that DmC needed an American company to reboot it iirc for instance
He's also the only reason that there were 3 Megaman games in development and why games like Lost Planet and Dead Rising were made.

Last edited:

Chrono.

While I dislike how Fates is handling the DLC, it actually isn't on-disc. What the hackers did was hack the Nintendo server to get things like the third route, Awakening DLC and the like. Certain things like skills you got through the DLC were on the cartridge, but the maps weren't.
So it was still basically done but they held it as DLC? Because that's no better...

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Warlock lunch?
I knew Ganon was a good cooker :p

Also, what is this with no mention of Ganon's DAir?
Doesn't matter how easy it is to land, it will always be satisfying
Wow, made two errors in one post :p. But yeah, d-air is the best. Actually, all of Ganon's moves are great to land.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Tingle had database references to him and his balloon if I remember correctly (or empty files).
Thanks! I didn't remember it entirely but I knew there was something

I mean, I get that most of them aren't inherently bad, just aligned with the Enchantress, but still.
Just have Shovey and Shieldy do an epic beatdown like Robin and Chrom
He's also the only reason that there were 3 Megaman games in development and why games like Lost Planet and Dead Rising were made.
Those games got cancelled, especially as Inafune did something to Legends 3 data iirc
Lost Planet was mediocre I hear

Chrono.

Because we all love fake text leaks, here's an SFV FAQs one. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/895976-street-fighter-v/72629250
Ok, so I decided to drop some details regarding the Comic-Con panel in a few hours. This will be my only post regarding this. I doubt this is everything.

basic single player modes will be announced (Survival mode, time attack,etc. Just basic sutff).

Some online features will also be shown such as online training mode and ping numbers for connections.

Ono talks about Alex in the NYC stage. Alex is revealed playable.(He dissapears when selected, moveset,etc.)

the launch roster is actually bigger than previously announced. 18 characters
Also, close up of Alex's possible SFV design

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So it was still basically done but they held it as DLC? Because that's no better...
It wasn't entirely finished on the servers either iirc. The server thing is like Ryu and Roy. If anything, wouldn't Smash DLC count as on-disk? The data for the fighters is there in patches, but we still need to pay in order to use them. Before anyone mentions 'But online' MK8 simply made it that you couldn't possibly encounter DLC if you didn't have it

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Yay, more rumors! Inklings would be pretty cool for Smash 4, Its almost to be expected they'll appear at some point in a future Smash game. I disregard the "Too new" argument, since they're a character people want, a popular franchise with a good future, and I don't see how a game's release could hold a character back....well, for Nintendo characters anyway (If someone brings up Shovel Knight anyway).

I don't believe the inkling rumor, but I don't doubt the possibility of a Nintendo Direct happening this month.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
It wasn't entirely finished on the servers either iirc. The server thing is like Ryu and Roy. If anything, wouldn't Smash DLC count as on-disk? The data for the fighters is there in patches, but we still need to pay in order to use them. Before anyone mentions 'But online' MK8 simply made it that you couldn't possibly encounter DLC if you didn't have it
I really liked how Mario Kart handled DLC.

You can encounter DLC characters if you don't have DLC online, but they won't appear as COM racers until you buy them.

As for tracks, you can turn matchmaking with randoms who have DLC on or off, and it's SEPARATE from the friend selection too.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
The Smash DLC content is not stored on the disc itself, but rather the update data the game console loads. The DLC is behind a paywall in the update data so you can use the DLC online and play with other players who have it just in case you haven't bought it yet.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
You know....I'm not actually surprised or bothered that the dlc is on the demo. It's pretty normal for demos of digital game to be the main game (or most of it) without an unlock key, and, most importantly, with all the delays I'd be surprised if the dlc wasnt finished. As a digital game it makes sense that they wouldt want to pay for additional upload fees (microsoft is terrible when it comes to this iirc), especially after having to spend extra, seemingly unplanned time and money polishing their game. I say seemingly because inafune and his company have shown some shady signs in development.

Now if the game hadn't been delayed so many times, I'd certainly agree that having DLC in the demo is a really bad sign, but now it seems like more of an artifact, a side effect, of the many delays.

I'm not saying it's not shady. It very well could be. I just think there are other aspects to take into account before lighting our torches, pillaging inafune's head quarters, and taking their women (or I suppose men in you case) for our own.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

They dont have to directly or purposely help him. They could be attacking him and he just uses his moves to get out the way, revealing one of the other characters as the new target. It could be cinematic or active.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well, its so people can use the DLC online without errors happening.
Again, Mario Kart 8 had a solution to that. Next you'll tell me Triforce Heroes' region lock for online is justified despite 4player MH4 worldwide being possible
You know....I'm not actually surprised or bothered that the dlc is on the demo. It's pretty normal for demos of digital game to be the main game (or most of it) without an unlock key, and, most importantly, with all the delays I'd be surprised if the dlc wasnt finished. As a digital game it makes sense that they wouldt want to pay for additional upload fees (microsoft is terrible when it comes to this iirc), especially after having to spend extra, seemingly unplanned time and money polishing their game. I say seemingly because inafune and his company have shown some shady signs in development.

Now if the game hadn't been delayed so many times, I'd certainly agree that having DLC in the demo is a really bad sign, but now it seems like more of an artifact, a side effect, of the many delays.

I'm not saying it's not shady. It very well could be. I just think there are other aspects to take into account before lighting our torches, pillaging inafune's head quarters, and taking their women (or I suppose men in you case) for our own.
The DLC they found had it's own kickstarter btw
Burb wouldn't want them, they've only been disappointments, Burb's a smart guy

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Thanks! I didn't remember it entirely but I knew there was something

Just have Shovey and Shieldy do an epic beatdown like Robin and Chrom

Those games got cancelled, especially as Inafune did something to Legends 3 data iirc
Lost Planet was mediocre I hear
I personally enjoyed Lost Planet, but that's besides the point. Inafune was reportedly the only executive in the company that was fighting for games to be made that weren't just Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter, and Resident Evil. You can kind of see that by Capcom overall output in recent years.

The ONLY time he has ever been associated with DmC was AFTER he quit Capcom. He was the head of Capcom's global head of production and he said he was making it a point to get Western Studios involved, which is a big push lots of Japanese devs have had the last few years, but he was never directly involved with DmC to our knowledge. Capcom reps, on forums, went out of their way to say the design decisions in the game where his idea months after he left the company. They literally saw an opportunity to pass the blame and ran with it. An Inafune smear job does nothing but make Capcom look good at this point.

Now, I am not an Inafune apologist. I didn't back Might no. 9 and don't really have any plans to play it even though I'm a big Megaman fan. The development of that game was a disaster and Comcept itself is a bit of a mess. It just seems to me that Capcom saw an opportunity to absolve themselves of all of their bad decision making, much of which actually happened in spite of Inafune, and no one is even questioning them.

A lot of that is likely due to Konami being the big bad on the block at the moment and Capcom largely cleaning up their act, but still, it's bothersome.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Again, Mario Kart 8 had a solution to that.
I believe Mario Kart 8 did the same thing though. If you seen the Shop icon in the game, you could buy and play the DLC right away without restarting it. The only way you could do that is if the game "unlocks" it within' the game from the update.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
It does not matter if the DLC was included with the update behind the paywall. That is not any different than buying DLC content and having to download it separately from the update. The only difference is that you're going to have to sit and wait for more downloads to be done which is needlessly tedious and pointless when all of that can be done in a single update. It makes far more sense and far more convenient to have the DLC update to come with the patch. And in a game like Smash, having it so you can't encounter anyone with fighters you haven't bought would only fragment the userbase terribly.

And here's a massive difference between SF X Tekken's on-disc DLC and Smash Bros's on-update DLC.

One was developed during the pre-launch phase (which is content being developed just like any other normal non-DLC content) and was cut up into pieces behind paywall. Obviously nickle and diming for the sake of it. No matter how you look at it. All of the content that was made there was done before anyone bought the game. The content is literally pieces of the base game locked behind paywall.

Another was content in development after launch which requires additional developmental resource. They've already spent so much making the base game. DLC being made after launch while being also paid makes a lot of sense. It's not nickle and diming, they're selling content that they've used addition resources to create. They have to make up for the costs, they don't come cheap you know.

Now can we stop saying Smash Bros's DLC content is as bad as SF X Tekken's? Because that is not even a good comparison at all. Seriously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom