• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's more of I meant that people believe the NES game is better because of Tyson and Tyson only when Title Defense Sandman on Wii craps all over him.

Even then, the only reason I said the NES game aged was because the other games just did it better. That's all. People just assume that aged=bad.
I think perhaps you should change your perspective a bit and realize someone else liking Punch Out NES more and considering it the best is just as equal as you stating it's not the best but the Wii version is the best. The thing is, you may not like someone else's opinion and that's fine, but understand that when it comes down to it, none of this is facts. We can use facts to determine our opinions, but preference and what we consider the best in these situations literally are just personal opinions.

Here's a section from a piece I wrote a long time ago on NeoGAF when I was discussing Pokemon, but I feel it's something that can be applied to any subject like this and bring more insight into this subject. As a disclaimer, it's in rant form, but with good intentions.

Another thing that is brought up is that people will reference nostalgia if they like the previous versions, however, that line of thinking doesn't make sense. Nostalgia simply means a memory of a past good time, it does not mean biased, and nostalgia will never have that effect unless the person is biased. Because someone likes something else, it doesn't equate to a specific negative reason, and to tie to to that would make you actually the biased one.

I think using nostalgia is rather silly in itself, there are reasons people like whatever they like. Now, if it's from someone who stopped playing at the original games and says "the newer Pokemon games are terrible, blahblahblah." then there's where that argument can be brought up. For those who will say they liked the older generations more, and have participated in the later gens, I don't think it's fair at all to label that as nostalgia. It can easily be thrown around without any given reason, and has no basis unless it's what I stated before about never playing the games.

Let's say DPP/BW are your favorite versions, and ten years from now you still think they are your favorites, that wouldn't make you "nostalgic". And yes, I think there are highs and lows to every generation, it's purely preference in the end.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
People ranting about Daisy not getting more attention at Nintendo games while the SMRPG fans are waiting to get something new from Nintendo since 19 years...
Daisy fans are happier than the SMRPG fans why Daisy fans are even ranting about her? She is fine.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
People ranting about Daisy not getting more attention at Nintendo games while the SMRPG fans are waiting to get something new from Nintendo since 19 years...
Daisy fans are happier than the SMRPG fans why Daisy fans are even ranting about her? She is fine.
Meanwhile the Count Bleck fan like me have just dead dream anyway...:urg:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Wouldn't really make sense to have the two Mario Kart stages without Mario Kart songs wouldn't it? Yes, she does have multiple trophies, and has been a trophy since Melee if I'm remembering correctly. Like I said before, going from having very limited Mario representation to full on Smash fighter is a big jump. I think fans would be more successful if they appealed for a sequel to Mario Land. Maybe you are right, and that the Smash Ballot will help her get noticed. I just don't think it's likely for her to get in via the ballot. If anything I could see her being an unlockable character in the next main game, as I really don't think the Daisy fanbase is that big (just like Bowser Jr. was an unlockable in Smash for Wii U/3DS).

My issue with Isaac is that Golden Sun is unlikely to receive a sequel, and it's not technically a retro. He could come back for a revival, but I think his chances as DLC is pretty low.

Why did DK Jr get into Mario Maker? Shy Guy? Sidestepper? Shellcreeper? Wii Balance Board? Foreman Spike? Dr. Lobe? Nikki? a Mahjong tile?

Don't even get me started on the leftover data/ potential DLC non-amiibo costumes for Mario Maker...

Don't blame her lack of Mario Maker representation on Smash Bros. She's a Mario character, she should've been in Mario Maker regardless of her status in Smash. All of the characters I listed are NOT in Smash 4's starting roster, and most of these aren't really all that wacky. The reason Daisy is missing from Mario Maker is because either the proper Mario team decided that they didn't *need* to include her, or because they are saving her for eventual DLC. With so many costumes you really can't blame Smash. It's a symptom of the problem...not the actual issue (which is Nintendo not really caring about her).
Campaigning for a sequel to Mario Land seems hopeless for Daisy fans now because Wario essentially took over that series...

It's not like her Mario representation is very limited. In Smash 4, she actually has the same role as Dixie Kong does (Smash 4 item trophy), plus she's in quite a bit of Mario merchandise. She's even in this updated main cast Mario poster...

But no one really questions Dixie's chances, because she's a Donkey Kong series character along with K.Rool.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Campaigning for a sequel to Mario Land seems hopeless for Daisy fans now because Wario essentially took over that series...

It's not like her Mario representation is very limited. In Smash 4, she actually has the same role as Dixie Kong does (Smash 4 item trophy), plus she's in quite a bit of Mario merchandise. She's even in this updated main cast Mario poster...

But no one really questions Dixie's chances, because she's a Donkey Kong series character along with K.Rool.
Dixie Kong was a playable character in Tropical Freeze, and planned to be a character in Brawl. Please stop bringing up other characters in order to try to deflect valid criticisms about Daisy. I'm not a Daisy hater, and I'm sure most of the people in this thread don't really mind Daisy one way or the other. Daisy's issues are her issues, they aren't Isaac's, King K. Rool, Dixie's, Ridley, etc issues.

Wario outgrew the Mario Land series when Nintendo R and D #1 was allowed to make their own series.....

Anyway, I'm sure most people are tired of the Daisy debate so I'm going to drop it. I'm not trying to be rude, so sorry if I came off that way. I may not agree with it, but I do respect your opinion; and I hope you at least respect mine.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
My recommendation for Daisy fans is this: get her into a new Mario game. If she is in a canonical title, it will be a lot harder for Sakurai to pass her up. Jumping straight into Smash seems unlikely; I think baby steps are needed before she's actually ready for Smash.
This got me thinking, and not particularly for Daisy.

Would a cameo in the main series of games for any considered spinoff character be enough to catch Sakurai's eye if the character had enough merits to stand on? Maybe even if it was acknowledged by the series director that they have plans for said character to appear in the main series later?

Obviously it sounds like a huge stretch, but you never know.

As for Daisy herself, honestly, I don't think a Mii costume is out of the question. If you can't get the actual character, then hope for the next best thing.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm never really into the Daisy talk or Rosalina and Peach. It feels like there always needs to be jabs thrown at each other from their fans.

Although Peach less so than the other two from what I've seen at least......

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Would a cameo in the main series of games for any considered spinoff character be enough to catch Sakurai's eye if the character had enough merits to stand on? Maybe even if it was acknowledged by the series director that they have plans for said character to appear in the main series later?

As for Daisy herself, honestly, I don't think a Mii costume is out of the question. If you can't get the actual character, then hope for the next best thing.
No idea.

If you look at the roster selection, most of the characters are either the main protagonist, or a recurring character. One-shot, side characters almost never make it into Smash as a full fighter... (with the exception of Sheik, who was originally part of a moveset). Pokemon are a bit harder, and I think Sakurai tries to go with the popular Pokemon (With the exception of Greninja who was picked before X and Y was finished).

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
Anyone else here wanting a Mystery Dungeon-stage? Randomly generated like Mario Maker with randomly placed traps, Kekleon shops and items?

i actually just want it for the music

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Welp. I just woke up! Feeling energized toda-*sees debates*

Oh ****. Not again...

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Good morning everyone. I've been in the Smashboards mines toiling away while you guys had fun.

I see Chibo Robo is not doing to hot critically. Might be the end for the poor little guy, not that I really care for the series myself. I'd hate to see it go the way of Custom Robo though

Welp. I just woke up! Feeling energized toda-*sees Daisy debates*

Oh ****. Not again...
I'll be nice this time, but let's try and keep the post quality up there Martin, especially when the Daisy debates have essentially been dropped. (and let's KEEP them dropped, shall we?)

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
lets all take a moment...and realize cranky kong is the most deserving dk character to get in as dlc

he was the original villain after all and more importantly hes the oldest character in the series....and you can all safely say thats the best double meaning you have heard all week

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
No idea.

If you look at the roster selection, most of the characters are either the main protagonist, or a recurring character. One-shot, side characters almost never make it into Smash as a full fighter... (with the exception of Sheik, who was originally part of a moveset). Pokemon are a bit harder, and I think Sakurai tries to go with the popular Pokemon (With the exception of Greninja who was picked before X and Y was finished).
It's why I mentioned the idea of them being planned to appear later, i.e having a shot at becoming recurring characters, and their ability to catch Sakurai's eye stemming from that(plus their individual qualities), unlikely as it sounds.

And of course why I mentioned Mii costumes in the same post. Can't cut it as a fighter, costume away.

I see Chibo Robo is not doing to hot critically. Might be the end for the poor little guy, not that I really care for the series myself. I'd hate to see it go the way of Custom Robo though
Define "not too hot".

CR could become the next Golden Sun if it's really as bad as could be implied from what thee said.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Good morning everyone. I've been in the Smashboards mines toiling away while you guys had fun.

I'll be nice this time, but let's try and keep the post quality up there Martin, especially when the Daisy debates have essentially been dropped. (and let's KEEP them dropped, shall we?)
Good morning! :)

For the Daisy debate, yeah. I think it's better that we drop this. I don't want other heated debate. I prefer when everyone is happy!:happysheep: (And when there is no speculation but that's another thing.)

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I'll stop with the low quality posts then.
Ya' killin' me smalls =P.

Last edited:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Anyone else here wanting a Mystery Dungeon-stage? Randomly generated like Mario Maker with randomly placed traps, Kekleon shops and items?

Yes Tempolar tower.
Primal Dialga remix would be perfect. Why not have Primal Dialga appearing in the background too, just like how Palkia and regular Dialga appeared in Spear Pillar.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I'm really i'm sadden at how bad zip-lash seems to be doing with reviewers.I wasn't expecting something amazing or groundbreaking but with what could chibi-robo's last game i was something with a bit more i don't know Bang for your buck you know?

Now if only he could ca get in smash

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I was thinking of a hidden land to temporal pinnacle in which you batle through those areas as scens from the game play in the background like with magicant. But I'll take anything if we get some of it's amazing music!

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Except that Daisy is most definitely not a one-shot character. She's a recurring one.
Wasn't talking about Daisy. Here's the original question:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Except that Daisy is most definitely not a one-shot character. She's a recurring one.
Memory, both Push and I have asked for the Daisy debates to be dropped. You love the character, I get it, not saying your opinion is wrong and you're 100% justified to it. However, if you continue to bring her up even when the discussion isn't provoked then we'll hit you with a spam infraction.

No more Daisy debates guys, there are many many other things we could focus on.

Some pretty good ideas for DLC.
Like this video.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
While I know this may never happen, it'd be nice if sometime in the future the costumes were compatible with more than just the SMB1 theme.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Can't watch the video now but...

I just hope at some point we get checkpoints.

Slopes would be cool as well.
Exactly what he said in the video. I'd like to see the Amiibo costumes used in the other themes, however I know that's alot of work so it's unlikely to happen, one other thing I think we need are SLOPES.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
While I know this may never happen, it'd be nice if sometime in the future the costumes were compatible with more than just the SMB1 theme.
That would be pushing up to 4 times the amount of sprites (and models) per costume (and possible DLC ones as well) but I would like that, especially for SMW style.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Some pretty good ideas for DLC.
Agreed with pretty much everything except adding SMB2 as a game, I do think certain SMB2 enemies and assets should be in though.

Other stuff I'd like to see
  • Triangular blocks
  • Peach, Toad and Luigi as playable characters
  • Secret Exits
  • Mini bosses (Like Boom-Boom, Big Boo, Birdo, Reznor, etc etc)
  • Create and share full worlds (around 4-16 courses)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That would be pushing up to 4 times the amount of sprites (and models) per costume (and possible DLC ones as well) but I would like that, especially for SMW style.
Let's face it, the only reason we need to have Amiibo costume in other theme is for see a Yoshi in the back of another Yoshi.
#ForScience

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Paper Mairo
Paper Mairo.
QUICK CHALLENGE!

Make a moveset for Captain Toad, Daisy, Paper Mairo, Petey and Nabbit!
PETEY PIRANHA
Neutral Special: Piranha Ball
Petey charges up a bit (Charge time untouchable, you gotta give 'im time), and fires a large Piranha Ball that steamrolls across the ground at a steady (And by "Steady", I mean a tiny bit faster than Purin and Robin) rate. Does a fair amount of damage and pitfalls foes for longer than usual.
Side Special: Leaf Whirlwind
Petey twirls around and fires a whirlwind from his arms (How, I have no idea, Nintendo Logic) that doesn't do much damage but flings foes really high and a bit away.
Gives a small little "Bounce" when used in the air (Like Peach's Toad and Kirby's Hadoken)

Up Special: Flight
Petey jumps high into the air (akin to Dedede) and then starts flailing around as he struggles to float horizontally for a few seconds before falling into Helpless (Not crashing down, he just falls)
Down Special: Belch
Petey fires...whatever that gunk is...from his mouth.
Works like Greninja's Water Shuriken, keep charging for Less Range but More Power
Flies in an upward arc, arc gets lower as the charge goes on but Power is rival to Roy's Neutral Special

FINAL SMASH: Special Mayhem
Petey pulls out a glowing Item Block from Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and begins causing mayhem!
(NOTE: Special Mayhem doesn't last very long at all.)
[Standard moves are stronger, Petey is fully controllable at this time, functions like Wario Man / Giga Bowser]

FS Neutral Special: Chain Chomp (Baby Mario / Baby Luigi / King Boo / Petey)
Petey charges up (A lot faster than Piranha Ball) and fires a giant Chain Chomp from his mouth (Who knows where he got that) that bounces along the ground and launches foes with massive damage.
FS Side Special: Flower Special (Daisy / King Boo / Petey)

Petey twirls quickly and fires a Flower Hurricane from his arms that puts anyone in it's way into a Dizzy + Flowered state for longer than usual.
FS Up Special: Golden Mushroom (Toad / Toadette / King Boo / Petey)
Petey leaps high into the air, flies horizontally until a button is pressed and then crashes down with a Golden Mushroom-speed Headbutt.
Inflicts massive damage.

FS Down Special: Bob-Omb (Wario / Waluigi / King Boo / Petey)
Petey fires a Bob-Omb that flies at an angle dependant on how long you charge (More Charge, More Range this time around)
Always deals the same amount of damage, charge don't matter none.
Still better than Crusade's moveset

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also, this is probably going to never happen. But man...If i haved this music.
My Forest Maze level will be perfect.

D

Deleted member

Oh look, Daisy debates
*skip*
the designs in cs3d are the spawn of satan, but i really like the cs+ sprites
they maybe lack a sort of charm that the original had but i find the bit of added detail goes a long way

that palette is halloween btw
So you mean there is a reason for me to play Cave Story again?
And I guess that's one mystery solved

Yo @Zoroarking

Which EO game is the best starting point?

I liked the IV demo.
HAHA I've done it! Is this how Blue feels when he succesfully convinces someone to play/watch Yokao Watch?

I'm gonna get carried away with this...
Anyways, either EOIV or EOIIU
The Untold series are remakes of the first two games, but the main point of it is the added Story Mode which gives you a set party with characterization and fills on some stuff on the vague original story
It is also a good for newcomers to the series since it feels a little more like other RPGs and can teach you one or two things about party sinergy
Untold 1 is outclassed by 2 in every single aspect, so it's not worth playing it unless you want to play the remake of the first game
Untold 2 has better characters, fix the damn Grimoire system and is overall more polished
If you don't want care about the Story Mode at all, 4 is the easiest and shortest of all, but the Untold games offer Classic Mode as well
But it has some interesting concepts like an overworld with multiple dungeons instead of one single dungeon you have to progress into
Also, one other thing that the Untold games don't have that the originals do is unlockable classes which can limit your class choices for some time
Finally, the Untold games have the best feature of all: auto-mapping
If turned on, the game will automatically fill up any floor or wall tiles in your map, and believe me, it makes saves a bunch of time

This may be a little bias towards EOIIU since I didn't play EOIV tho

But let's summarize things:
Don't bother with the DS games
U1<<<U2 in every single aspect

IV is short and easy but newcomer friendly
Unlockable classes suck tho
Only 10 total classes
Multiple small dungeons make for some nice variety
People say Nightseeker is op so pls nerf

Demo only allows Story Mode of you wanted to try out Classic Mode
U2 doesn't lock new content to Story Mode like U1 did
At least 40~60 hours depending on how you try to play it
One dungeon divided into 6 strata+new dungeon
Total of 13 classes+DLC for the Highlander class(U1's protag class)
Fafnir op pls nerf
Bertrand is best character
**** Scylla

Last edited by a moderator:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Wait, what's wrong with the DS games? EO3 has a pretty kickass soundtrack and I wanted to play that for the OST alone.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Agreed with pretty much everything except adding SMB2 as a game, I do think certain SMB2 enemies and assets should be in though.

Other stuff I'd like to see
  • Triangular blocks
  • Peach, Toad and Luigi as playable characters
  • Secret Exits
  • Mini bosses (Like Boom-Boom, Big Boo, Birdo, Reznor, etc etc)
  • Create and share full worlds (around 4-16 courses)
But they are all playable characters. As Amiibo costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom