• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Pretty obvious he meant as full fledge, not being a limiting power up in one mode.
I know, it'd be nice to play as them in more then one mode. I want Sonic to be playable in more than one mode too. (because Sonmari)

D

Deleted member

Wait, what's wrong with the DS games? EO3 has a pretty kickass soundtrack and I wanted to play that for the OST alone.
3 is probably the only one that is still worth playing but it still suffers from general design choices of the first two games
Namely, the difficulty, it is unforgivable
The game is also not accessible unlike the 3DS games that will always be on the E-Shop(and also, Atlus sales)
But it does have the giant orange balls of glooming doom...

And also, if U1 and 2 are anything to go by, it will receive a nice remake with a new dungeon, story mode, OP MC and a class from IV
And considering U1 was released in 2013 in Japan and U2 was then released in 2014 in Japan, it might not take that much time

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh look, Daisy debates
*skip*

So you mean there is a reason for me to play Cave Story again?
And I guess that's one mystery solved

HAHA I've done it! Is this how Blue feels when he succesfully convinces someone to play/watch Yokao Watch?

I'm gonna get carried away with this...
Anyways, either EOIV or EOIIU
The Untold series are remakes of the first two games, but the main point of it is the added Story Mode which gives you a set party with characterization and fills on some stuff on the vague original story
It is also a good for newcomers to the series since it feels a little more like other RPGs and can teach you one or two things about party sinergy
Untold 1 is outclassed by 2 in every single aspect, so it's not worth playing it unless you want to play the remake of the first game
Untold 2 has better characters, fix the damn Grimoire system and is overall more polished
If you don't want care about the Story Mode at all, 4 is the easiest and shortest of all, but the Untold games offer Classic Mode as well
But it has some interesting concepts like an overworld with multiple dungeons instead of one single dungeon you have to progress into
Also, one other thing that the Untold games don't have that the originals do is unlockable classes which can limit your class choices for some time
Finally, the Untold games have the best feature of all: auto-mapping
If turned on, the game will automatically fill up any floor or wall tiles in your map, and believe me, it makes saves a bunch of time

This may be a little bias towards EOIIU since I didn't play EOIV tho

But let's summarize things:
Don't bother with the DS games
U1<<<U2 in every single aspect

IV is short and easy but newcomer friendly
Unlockable classes suck tho
Only 10 total classes
Multiple small dungeons make for some nice variety
People say Nightseeker is op so pls nerf

Demo only allows Story Mode of you wanted to try out Classic Mode
U2 doesn't lock new content to Story Mode like U1 did
At least 40~60 hours depending on how you try to play it
One dungeon divided into 6 strata+new dungeon
Total of 13 classes+DLC for the Highlander class(U1's protag class)
Fafnir op pls nerf
Bertrand is best character
**** Scylla
Is there some continuous story that gkes from game to game or is it all a bunch of isolated games? I tend to enjoy a good story and i would rather not ruin it by playing out of order.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
3 is probably the only one that is still worth playing but it still suffers from general design choices of the first two games
Namely, the difficulty, it is unforgivable
The game is also not accessible unlike the 3DS games that will always be on the E-Shop(and also, Atlus sales)
But it does have the giant orange balls of glooming doom...

And also, if U1 and 2 are anything to go by, it will receive a nice remake with a new dungeon, story mode, OP MC and a class from IV
And considering U1 was released in 2013 in Japan and U2 was then released in 2014 in Japan, it might not take that much time
I certainly hope they keep the Genesis-like music. I was a bit peeved they completely ditched that style :(

D

Deleted member

Is there some continuous story that gkes from game to game or is it all a bunch of isolated games? I tend to enjoy a good story and i would rather not ruin it by playing out of order.
It is kinda hard to explain
But
The original 4 games were all their own story, with no connections even hinted besides mentions of Etria in 2
But the Untold series seems to be trying to connect all of the game's worlds into the same with mentions of each game's settings and one big plot point that I won't even spoil
But the world the series takes place is
our world after an apocalyptic disaster

Kinda like Pokemon, same world, different stories

D

Deleted member

I certainly hope they keep the Genesis-like music. I was a bit peeved they completely ditched that style :(
Untold games allow you to switch between the remixed music or the classic FM versions
Even the new tracks have FM versions
4's soundtrack is fully orchestrated

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Europe's next Splatfest.
RIP cats again
Twitter

-Nintendo of America: Check this Yokai-Watch thing!
-People: We don't care! We want information about the Smash Ballot!

lol
You could make a drinking game out of this.

Last edited:
Europe's next Splatfest.
RIP cats again

You could make a drinking game out of this.
That's not a drinking game. that's suicide

just realized I can't even download an EO game/demo anyway. No access point here because 3ds is weak lol

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What is the most satisfying move to land in Smash and why is it :4falcon:Knee of Justice and :4ryu: True Shoryuken

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
What is the most satisfying move to land in Smash and why is it :4falcon:Knee of Justice and :4ryu: True Shoryuken
Knee of Justice.
True Shoyuken is satisfying to be sure, but it's not exactly very hard to land given Ryu's many set ups into it.
The Cap's knee needs a good set up AND ace timing to land a knee without it being dodged. Plus the impact is infinitely more... er, impactful.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:4megaman: Mega Upper, especially when the opponent has taken plenty of damage beforehand. I actually find it more satisfying than in The Power Fighters and MvC.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So, all my talk about Phantasy Star yesterday lead me to look up if Alis Landale had appeared in any other Sega games. The answer is yes, kind of.

Segagaga is a 2001 Japanese only Dreamcast release. It's a weird game, and one I'm only familiar with due to the last battle of the game being a SHUMP battle against every SEGA console released (you literally have to fight a SEGA Saturn using a space ship.) The plot of the game is that it's 2025, and SEGA is in terrible financial shape. They're doing so bad, in fact, that they decide to recruit some random kids into project Segagaga in a last ditch effort to save the company (which is battling DOGMA, a SONY parody.) There are a group of SEGA executives that you interact with that are very important figures, particularly a blonde woman with glasses named Alis. Those execs reveal themselves to actually be the party members of Phantasy Star 1 during the final battle of the game. Check it out:

As a bonus, here's some subtitled scenes from the game featuring Alex Kidd. He runs the shop at SEGA head quarters after his demotion in the 80s.

D

Deleted member

Add Ganon's warlock lunch and f-air to that list. And Donkey Kong's f-air. It's like you can just feel the damage.
Warlock lunch?
I knew Ganon was a good cooker :p

Also, what is this with no mention of Ganon's DAir?
Doesn't matter how easy it is to land, it will always be satisfying

D

Deleted member

.....I now can't unsee Ganondorf screaming "Eat youuuuur.....LUNCH!" as he Warlock Punches.....

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Some pretty good ideas for DLC.
I want vertical levels. I'm tired of always running right - I want stages made for climbing or falling.

I also want warp-arounds and jump-arrow platforms.

Basically, I want to be able to recreate SMB3 stages 7-1 and 7-6, not to mention remix some Kid Icarus levels.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So Tama tweeted these.
This was more to tide into a question I had. We all know that NWPlayer123 (Nikki) was just making predictions when it came to certain tweets. Is this Splatoon Direct rumor coming from a different source/multiple sources or do some not know she's joking?

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I want vertical levels. I'm tired of always running right - I want stages made for climbing or falling.

I also want warp-arounds and jump-arrow platforms.

Basically, I want to be able to recreate SMB3 stages 7-1 and 7-6, not to mention remix some Kid Icarus levels.
If they ever did include Mario 2 USA elements it would almost have to come with vertical layouts, seeing as how important that was to the game.

I'm surprised they didn't include "other playable characters with their own abilities/physics" in their DLC list. Luigi, Peach, and Toad would be great. If I wanted to be super greedy I'd also ask for Wario.

So Tama tweeted these.
This was more to tide into a question I had. We all know that NWPlayer123 (Nikki) was just making predictions when it came to certain tweets. Is this Splatoon Direct rumor coming from a different source/multiple sources or do some not know she's joking?
My money is on he is talking about the speculation from the tweets from Roger/Zef/Stealth__

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
More rumors... Well, I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to wait and see what will happen in the next few days or weeks.

I would say it would be about time for a Direct by now, though Iwata's passing back in July must have thrown a wrench in Nintendo's plans and scheduling, so things have been quite more unpredictable than before. Of course, it goes without saying that, with Nintendo having a new CEO, things will stabilize as time passes.

And as I write this, it comes to my mind that we'll never get to see a Iwata Asks for Super Mario Maker. That would have been really interesting to read. I seriously loved those interviews and getting to know better what it means to develop a game and to learn more about the people behind them.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think that it was just him going off of Nikki's Tweet, as it is identical to what she said.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
More rumors... Well, I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to wait and see what will happen in the next few days or weeks.

I would say it would be about time for a Direct by now, though Iwata's passing back in July must have thrown a wrench in Nintendo's plans and scheduling, so things have been quite more unpredictable than before. Of course, it goes without saying that, with Nintendo having a new CEO, things will stabilize as time passes.

And as I write this, it comes to my mind that we'll never get to see a Iwata Asks for Super Mario Maker. That would have been really interesting to read. I seriously loved those interviews and getting to know better what it means to develop a game and to learn more about the people behind them.
If both newcomer rumors are true, I could definitely see a direct here soon in which both characters are finally revealed.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
So Tama tweeted these.
The manner in which Nikki makes her predictions leads people to think they're facts that she's leaking. She never says "I think this will happen", she posts it as actual news. Things that WILL happen.

That said, it might have nothing to do with her. People make theories like this all the time. Almost every single game-specific Direct has resulted in people inexplicably thinking a Smash trailer would be involved.

Does anyone else remember when people thought for certain we'd be getting Ganondorf and/or Ghirahim confirmed for Smash in Hyrule Warriors Direct?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
The manner in which Nikki makes her predictions leads people to think they're facts that she's leaking. She never says "I think this will happen", she posts it as actual news. Things that WILL happen.

That said, it might have nothing to do with her. People make theories like this all the time. Almost every single game-specific Direct has resulted in people inexplicably thinking a Smash trailer would be involved.

Does anyone else remember when people thought for certain we'd be getting Ganondorf and/or Ghirahim confirmed for Smash in Hyrule Warriors Direct?
I just wanted to check and see if this was another rumor or not. I'm already confused with all the other rumors going around lol.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It does make sense, as various people have legitimately thought she was leaking, plus he doesn't have anything to do with it, so it really could just be him going off the Tweet.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
If both newcomer rumors are true, I could definitely see a direct here soon in which both characters are finally revealed.
If both newcomer rumors are true (which I doubt) I wouldn't be surprised to see a full on 3 pack reveal (like what we saw with Lucas, Ryu, and Roy.) Shovel Knight, Inklings, and a third character (please be Wolf.)

Once again, I don't think this will happen, but it's not out of the realm of possibility and I would almost expect it if (big if) both rumors are true.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I think we just need to stop assuming non-Smash events will have Smash reveals.
Unless it's a regular Nintendo Direct, or even better a Smash Direct, I don't think it'd really make all that much sense to reveal a character, even if it would be Inklings at a Splatoon direct. A Splatoon direct would be about Splatoon, the game itself. Smash would detract from the new things in the actual game if it was announced in such a way.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Keep in mind that Nikki is not part of the industry. She's a data miner. One that focuses on Splatoon.

She doesn't know Nintendo's Direct plans. She doesn't know about amiibo releases. She doesn't know about Smash DLC. The only time you should take her posts of that nature as actual information and not just overconfident guesses is when it's related to content that would be tucked away on the Splatoon disc (future weapons, maps, etc). They're not going to have a Nintendo Direct schedule on the Splatoon disc.

I think we just need to stop assuming non-Smash events will have Smash reveals.
Unless it's a regular Nintendo Direct, or even better a Smash Direct, I don't think it'd really make all that much sense to reveal a character, even if it would be Inklings at a Splatoon direct. A Splatoon direct would be about Splatoon, the game itself.
I've been saying this for well over a year now.

It never sinks in, so it's best to just let them run with it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe they left some info on the Direct in the disc. :awesome:

(I'm not being serious.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom