• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Speaking of the thread title: the swamp isn't the only thing drying up due to a drought.
Tahoe has been pretty low lately. The lowest I've ever seen it in my life.

:<

----

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
"We've heard the requests and we've decided to not offer Wolf as a downloadable content. We are still hard at work, but we are planning his release for never."

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You all disappoint me. No Ridley and Shantae? One's too big to remember and the other too small to care about, I see how it is... :sadsheep:
Shantae still technically counts as advertising. Pirates Curse is still fairly new and relevant (especially in Japan).

Khoru

Smash Champion
I don't think Cave Story needs to be remade
I played the 3DS E Shop version and it felt just right
I don't want something like the artstyle of Cave Story+ or the 3DS remake *shrugs*

Also, the hats aren't customizable
The color pallete depends on the difficult setting
Though one time, both Quote and Curly got a weird pallete with red eyes for one day on my game and I never figured out what it was...
Brb, gonna write a spooky ravioli
the designs in cs3d are the spawn of satan, but i really like the cs+ sprites
they maybe lack a sort of charm that the original had but i find the bit of added detail goes a long way

that palette is halloween btw

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
the designs in cs3d are the spawn of satan, but i really like the cs+ sprites
they maybe lack a sort of charm that the original had but i find the bit of added detail goes a long way

that palette is halloween btw
CS3D also lacks a Curly mode.
A crime that is punishable by death in several Scandinavian cities.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Two things:

I love both the NES and Wii versions of Punch-Out!! for different reasons. They're both definitely fun though, and the NES version still holds up after all these years too.

But on a completely different note, I'm just realizing how odd my "doing important things" playlist, which I basically use whenever I need to power through and work on something, must look to other people. It's almost entirely Broadway or Disney styled musical numbers and traditional Christmas music, with the occasional video game track thrown in. Just give me King of New York, Angels We Have Heard on High, and Divine Decree (Ablaze) and I'll feel on top of the world for whatever reason. :p

...I think it's getting pretty late for me.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
That was pretty meh, honestly.

This guy has way too much stake in the promotional theory. Even if it did happen with stages and a Mii Costume (and it's debatable whether that stuff was put in for the sole purpose of marketing; everyone assumed Roy was put into Melee to advertise Binding Blade, when in actuality, Sakurai picked Roy after being shown the game), it has never happened with characters on the roster. And there's been a lot of examples of people making predictions that didn't pan out based on upcoming releases. Upcoming releases are probably the single most commonly used basis for character predictions.

Star Fox Zero's release isn't even the first time people have made a guess like this for Wolf himself; people swore up and down that we'd be getting Wolf at E3 after the Star Fox reveal trailer.
Completely agree. Balladofwindfishes misses or ignores some of the major points I made in this article. And he takes too much stake in Smash content is for promotional purposes.

Quite honestly most of the reason people expect Wolf is because of a gut feeling. My gut feeling is that veterans are done (based on the way Sakurai talked about Roy and Lucas...even in their Famitsu Column) and we will only get newcomers.

If the rumors pan out, then Wolf's chances are severly shot unless they decide to pick him up at the end of DLC development (which could be this 'third slot').

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
The idea of Smash reveals being used to promote games really only applied to vets (Toon Link reveal for WWHD) before the game was released.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'd like a Duck Hunt collect-a-thon game; but I'd also take this instead
stoptauntingme.mp4

For real, I'd love this so much. Open-world Ice Climber game where you explore a ton of different types of mountains/snowy peaks. Maybe mix up some LoZ concepts with DK64/Banjo and make it about platforming and exploring harsh environments where you get rewarded with vegetables and the like.

I guess repetition might be a reason why this hasn't been done, but I'm sure they could make some really unique environments. Nothing preventing a Volcanic level or maybe a secret in-mountain forest being some idea you could implement.

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Off topic, but interesting news about Super Mario Bros Z Reboot is that Alvin plans to combine Episodes 1 & 2 from the original series together into 1 episode and so far he's finished the episode 1 portion.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
There was also Olimar.
Sonic for Lost World, Olimar for Pikmin 3, Toon Link for WWHD, Luigi for Dream Team/Year of Loogie in general, Diddy for Tropical Freeze, Dedede for Triple Deluxe... the list goes on.
Though wasn't Rosalina revealed before 3D World? Or was she after, I forget...

EDIT: Huh... Shulk's "want to know more about Shulk?" Link leads you to a site for the N3DS version.
Did it always do that?

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Is it just me or is nearly every single ninja type enemy or class is really annoying to fight in Video games. And that's not just Greninja in For Glory. I sometimes see it in SRPGS as well.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Off topic, but interesting news about Super Mario Bros Z Reboot is that Alvin plans to combine Episodes 1 & 2 from the original series together into 1 episode and so far he's finished the episode 1 portion.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I'm still sad that Daisy never made it into that series.

Speaking of Daisy, I wrote this LONG rant. Which got me a lot of flak in the Nintendo subreddit.

**Too long don't read in the bottom of post**

I'm a large fan of Princess Daisy, but I can't help but notice that she has quite a large hatebase.

To those who don't know about Daisy's situation, she debuted in Super Mario Land in 1989 as a damsel in distress. She then had a hiatus for 9 years until she was brought back for Mario Tennis in 2000. She then appeared in countless spinoffs since, being the only Mario Kart Double Dash newcomer to *never* be cut.

She was once a Peach clone, but overtime, she developed a personality that grew more and more distinct to Peach. While Peach is more careful and quiet, Daisy is rowdy and VERY VERY VERY LOUD. The phrase "Hi I'm Daisy" quickly became a meme due to it's obnoxiousness.

Daisy gained some fans due to her eccentric personality, and has bucketloads of fan-art and comics based around her. People often group her with Peach and Rosalina as a trio, and this spawned so much interesting artworks and fan-fiction. When I was young, I always thought the four main characters were Mario, Luigi, Peach and Daisy. I thought Daisy was a large part of the Mario universe. Sadly I was wrong.

I first found out about this in Smash Bros Brawl, my first Smash game. When I was unlocking the characters, I wondered why Mario and Peach were there but not Luigi and Daisy (I also thought Miis were there, at least they came eventually). I was THRILLED when I unlocked Luigi, and I grinded the Subspace Emissary to unlock Daisy (and Sonic). I was gutted when I found out that Daisy was just a Peach colour. It didn't make sense to me. Why wasn't Luigi a Mario colour too? I mean Peach and Daisy are basically the female Mario and Luigi...

Speaking of Luigi, I know the two like each other and it is kinda cute, but that is not the point. Luigi is one of my favourite Nintendo characters, who was once in Mario's shadow. He was acknowledged as the underdog of the Mario games, he was unlockable by a secret button code in NSMB DS (my first Mario game). Compared to Mario who is balanced in every manner, Luigi is more of clumsy person who stumbles and falls, and he's much more relatable. Nowadays Nintendo treat Mario and Luigi as equals. Luigi got his own series in the form of Luigi's Mansion, was decloned in Smash Bros. and **even got his own year**. This is how sidekicks should be treated.

In a way, Daisy is Peach's Luigi - dig deeper from the surface and you'll see that they are two very different characters.

But while Peach is the vanilla damsel in distress, Daisy is a different beast. She never holds back in the games that she's in, enjoying every single moment like it's her last. She isn't scared of anything, not even Bowser who she slapped to the moon in Mario Party 3 just for getting in her way. Peach also comes across as clueless sometimes, while Daisy is direct and to the point. "Did I win?" says Peach. "YEAAHHOOOO, I did it!" says Daisy. Plus have you SEEN her handle that Mach Bike in Mario Kart Wii Online?

Daisy appeared in many many Mario games, but it is obvious that Nintendo clearly favour Peach over her by a long shot! Who gets all the merchandise? Peach does. Who gets the Amiibos, Peach does. Who is recognised by the forums as being the most iconic? Peach again. Despite Daisy having more of fighting spirit, who got that all important spot in Smash Bros? Peach! Who is in the RPG's? Peach! Who did Luigi save in his own game? Peach!

Instead of allowing Daisy to be a true partner to Peach and showing that they can be equals, Nintendo barely acknowledges Daisy as a important character.

It only gets worse for Daisy, as suddenly another Mario female came along and quickly overshadowed her. Rosalina was created and praised by fans for being "a strong independent woman" and for her backstory. She quickly rose to fame in 2013 when she was confirmed for both Mario 3D World and Smash Bros, which is the highest honour that Nintendo characters can get.

Poor Daisy was left in the dust, she barely got any acknowledgement from Nintendo. They left her out of the Nintendo Starlets puzzle, is STILL only represented as Peach colour in Smash 4, missed out on the Amiibo train. and was pushed aside in Mario Maker in favour of a Mahjong tile.

The fans didn't help either, if you dare bring her up in Smash characters discussions you will get *downvoted to hell*. And don't even bother arguing about it unless you want to be muted.

The community at GameFAQS are especially toxic, they often say that all Daisy fans are trolls that want bait, and trash talk the character with insulting drive-by posts. People have called her "a broken bulb" and "irrelevant". People criticised her for being obnoxiously loud, and some even say that she has NO personality at all whatsoever due to her lack of "canon" appearances. Some even accuse her of being a Peach ripoff, despite their few similarities. No one bashes Peach that much, she's Nintendo's princess.

TLDR: For a Mario character that has been a recurring playable character for over a decade, Daisy deserves better from Nintendo and it's fans. She's more than just Orange Peach, and I genuinely was disappointed when she was just a colour in Brawl in my younger years.

Before you bring up Waluigi

It's obvious that Nintendo and the fans put him at a higher pedestal. They acknowledged that they planned to put Waluigi in MK7. They didn't even consider Daisy for Mario Maker! And he has become an extremely popular character thanks to the exposure that Brawl in the Family gave to his wackiness. Now, he's probably the only Assist Trophy in Smash 4 to get significant ballot support, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was promoted in the next game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You going for trying to turn people against her here now?
Isn't Gamefaqs enough?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlDYx5cmA
"Zelda joins the battle!! It's great to see so many female characters this time around."

Interesting that they would boast about the amount of female characters when revevealing Zelda.
Guys, I think Zelda is going to be our last female character.

http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/characters/lucas.html
"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now"

Oh no! Poor Ness!

I know it's not exactly the same thing, but try not to look too deep into everything Sakurai says.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm still sad that Daisy never made it into that series.

Speaking of Daisy, I wrote this LONG rant. Which got me a lot of flak in the Nintendo subreddit.

**Too long don't read in the bottom of post**

I'm a large fan of Princess Daisy, but I can't help but notice that she has quite a large hatebase.

To those who don't know about Daisy's situation, she debuted in Super Mario Land in 1989 as a damsel in distress. She then had a hiatus for 9 years until she was brought back for Mario Tennis in 2000. She then appeared in countless spinoffs since, being the only Mario Kart Double Dash newcomer to *never* be cut.

She was once a Peach clone, but overtime, she developed a personality that grew more and more distinct to Peach. While Peach is more careful and quiet, Daisy is rowdy and VERY VERY VERY LOUD. The phrase "Hi I'm Daisy" quickly became a meme due to it's obnoxiousness.

Daisy gained some fans due to her eccentric personality, and has bucketloads of fan-art and comics based around her. People often group her with Peach and Rosalina as a trio, and this spawned so much interesting artworks and fan-fiction. When I was young, I always thought the four main characters were Mario, Luigi, Peach and Daisy. I thought Daisy was a large part of the Mario universe. Sadly I was wrong.

I first found out about this in Smash Bros Brawl, my first Smash game. When I was unlocking the characters, I wondered why Mario and Peach were there but not Luigi and Daisy (I also thought Miis were there, at least they came eventually). I was THRILLED when I unlocked Luigi, and I grinded the Subspace Emissary to unlock Daisy (and Sonic). I was gutted when I found out that Daisy was just a Peach colour. It didn't make sense to me. Why wasn't Luigi a Mario colour too? I mean Peach and Daisy are basically the female Mario and Luigi...

Speaking of Luigi, I know the two like each other and it is kinda cute, but that is not the point. Luigi is one of my favourite Nintendo characters, who was once in Mario's shadow. He was acknowledged as the underdog of the Mario games, he was unlockable by a secret button code in NSMB DS (my first Mario game). Compared to Mario who is balanced in every manner, Luigi is more of clumsy person who stumbles and falls, and he's much more relatable. Nowadays Nintendo treat Mario and Luigi as equals. Luigi got his own series in the form of Luigi's Mansion, was decloned in Smash Bros. and **even got his own year**. This is how sidekicks should be treated.

In a way, Daisy is Peach's Luigi - dig deeper from the surface and you'll see that they are two very different characters.

But while Peach is the vanilla damsel in distress, Daisy is a different beast. She never holds back in the games that she's in, enjoying every single moment like it's her last. She isn't scared of anything, not even Bowser who she slapped to the moon in Mario Party 3 just for getting in her way. Peach also comes across as clueless sometimes, while Daisy is direct and to the point. "Did I win?" says Peach. "YEAAHHOOOO, I did it!" says Daisy. Plus have you SEEN her handle that Mach Bike in Mario Kart Wii Online?

Daisy appeared in many many Mario games, but it is obvious that Nintendo clearly favour Peach over her by a long shot! Who gets all the merchandise? Peach does. Who gets the Amiibos, Peach does. Who is recognised by the forums as being the most iconic? Peach again. Despite Daisy having more of fighting spirit, who got that all important spot in Smash Bros? Peach! Who is in the RPG's? Peach! Who did Luigi save in his own game? Peach!

Instead of allowing Daisy to be a true partner to Peach and showing that they can be equals, Nintendo barely acknowledges Daisy as a important character.

It only gets worse for Daisy, as suddenly another Mario female came along and quickly overshadowed her. Rosalina was created and praised by fans for being "a strong independent woman" and for her backstory. She quickly rose to fame in 2013 when she was confirmed for both Mario 3D World and Smash Bros, which is the highest honour that Nintendo characters can get.

Poor Daisy was left in the dust, she barely got any acknowledgement from Nintendo. They left her out of the Nintendo Starlets puzzle, is STILL only represented as Peach colour in Smash 4, missed out on the Amiibo train. and was pushed aside in Mario Maker in favour of a Mahjong tile.

The fans didn't help either, if you dare bring her up in Smash characters discussions you will get *downvoted to hell*. And don't even bother arguing about it unless you want to be muted.

The community at GameFAQS are especially toxic, they often say that all Daisy fans are trolls that want bait, and trash talk the character with insulting drive-by posts. People have called her "a broken bulb" and "irrelevant". People criticised her for being obnoxiously loud, and some even say that she has NO personality at all whatsoever due to her lack of "canon" appearances. Some even accuse her of being a Peach ripoff, despite their few similarities. No one bashes Peach that much, she's Nintendo's princess.

TLDR: For a Mario character that has been a recurring playable character for over a decade, Daisy deserves better from Nintendo and it's fans. She's more than just Orange Peach, and I genuinely was disappointed when she was just a colour in Brawl in my younger years.

Before you bring up Waluigi

It's obvious that Nintendo and the fans put him at a higher pedestal. They acknowledged that they planned to put Waluigi in MK7. They didn't even consider Daisy for Mario Maker! And he has become an extremely popular character thanks to the exposure that Brawl in the Family gave to his wackiness. Now, he's probably the only Assist Trophy in Smash 4 to get significant ballot support, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was promoted in the next game.
No offense, but this massive wall of text comes off as over-promoting Daisy and slandering other character just because they get more attention than her...which is far from the most effective way to get people to agree she needs more attention.

D

Deleted member

"actually read the rant"

Yeah, there's the problem; nobody wants to read the rant.
Except possibly on the Daisy board where it's All Daisy 24/7.

I've seen your "handiwork" on Gamefaqs, where you constantly make threads about how "Daisy is mistreated", "Why does nobody like Daisy" "You should all listen to me and love Daisy", "Daisy, Daisy, Daisy", etc.
People tell you to stop shoving Daisy down their throats and some even explain why they aren't fond of Daisy. But you just ignore them and continue on.

So to see you start that crap here by taking the subject of Super Mario Bros. Z and going "The lack of Daisy in that project makes me sad. OH AND SPEAKING OF DAISY HERE IS THIS LONG RANT I'VE MADE ABOUT DAISY THAT YOU SHOULD TOTALLY READ AND AGREE WITH!" as if you're just a one-track mind rather infuriates me.

You've managed to turn me from someone who was accepting of the idea of Daisy in Smash (not supportive; I don't think Mario should have DLC in the first place) into someone who would rather never hear that name again for as long as they lived.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The moment you have to throw Peach, the first lady of Nintendo under the bus to promote Daisy? You know you're not going to get the desired reaction you want.

Also calling Peach ''a vanilla damsel in distress" reads of someone who is doing to her exactly what people do to Daisy.

There is nothing vanilla about Peach and her personality. There's quite a huge reason she is beloved.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The moment you have to throw Peach, the first lady of Nintendo under the bus to promote Daisy? You know you're not going to get the desired reaction you want.
Ironic.
If I had "actually read the rant", I would have been even more furious than I was.

You might want to clarify what you mean by "first lady", though. Because Pauline came first.

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
The app store has some really crazy GTA knockoffs.
I swear to god there isn't a Youtuber in existence that makes me laugh as much as Jerma does. It's amazing how much he's improved since his channel started. He really found his groove at a point.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Peach gets the same amount of respect as Michelle Obama gets is what I mean.

There were ladies before Michelle, but she's the one that holds the title now, so she gets the majority of it.

Doesn't knock Pauline's history of coming first, just shows that if anyone has been really really forgotten? It's Pauline.

Hell, at lest Daisy still gets into Mario posters and merchandise. Where have you ever seen Pauline lately?

Even internet fans forget her.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Could have just said "I mean First Lady like the politcal term" instead of going on a rant about Pauline (who gets as much Mario merchandise as any other DK character that isn't DK, Diddy, and sometimes Dixie; that is to say very little if any at all).

You know, simply clarified that you didn't mean "first lady" literally and be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
No offense, but this massive wall of text comes off as over-promoting Daisy and slandering other character just because they get more attention than her...which is far from the most effective way to get people to agree she needs more attention.
So that's why people were offended when I shared this on Reddit....

There are more digs on Princess Peach than I first realised...

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
stoptauntingme.mp4

For real, I'd love this so much. Open-world Ice Climber game where you explore a ton of different types of mountains/snowy peaks. Maybe mix up some LoZ concepts with DK64/Banjo and make it about platforming and exploring harsh environments where you get rewarded with vegetables and the like.

I guess repetition might be a reason why this hasn't been done, but I'm sure they could make some really unique environments. Nothing preventing a Volcanic level or maybe a secret in-mountain forest being some idea you could implement.
My ideal Ice Climbers reboot would be equal parts Zelda adventure puzzle solving and Banjo style exploring/collecting, but with an emphasis on bilateral problem solving involving both characters, like something out of Brothers or Guardian of Light.

You needn't stray too far from the snow theme, I think. Most video games shove all the ice tropes into a single level, but there's all sorts of wildly different environments that are covered in snow and ice.

I think there's plenty to work with.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Don't know why you're really ranting against my ''rant" or choice of words, so hard, but okay.

I'm not assuming the audience who reads my posts to be unable to infer what I mean with something as common knowledge as ''First Lady". It was pretty clear that it was in a terms of political sense and not the literal first Nintendo character who was a female.

You don't have to be quite so literal all the time. People are smart. They can read between lines and catch references. Don't talk down to people or down talk the way you talk for people. It's rude to them. And unnecessary for you.

Nor was I really ranting about Pauline, but merely bringing her up as someone who probably has it worse than Daisy when it comes to Mario games and merchandise in general.

But there you wanted a rant, so you got one. :)

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Ironic.
If I had "actually read the rant", I would have been even more furious than I was.

You might want to clarify what you mean by "first lady", though. Because Pauline came first.
Don't know why you're really ranting against my ''rant" or choice of words, so hard, but okay.

I'm not assuming the audience who reads my posts to be unable to infer what I mean with something as common knowledge as ''First Lady". It was pretty clear that it was in a terms of political sense and not the literal first Nintendo character who was a female.

You don't have to be quite so literal all the time. People are smart. They can read between lines and catch references. Don't talk down to people or down talk the way you talk for people. It's rude to them. And unnecessary for you.

Nor was I really ranting about Pauline, but merely bringing her up as someone who probably has it worse than Daisy when it comes to Mario games and merchandise in general.

I think I remember the two of you having this discussion before. >~>

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

You don't have to quite so literal all the time. People are smart. They can read between lines and catch references. Don't talk down to people or down talk the way you talk for people. It's rude to them. And unnecessary for you.

Yeah, Pauline got nothing...

But that's not really comparable, Peach got all of the attention because of her early damsel in distress role, she was kidnapped many times by Bowser and grew to be loved by many fans.

But when Nintendo introduced Daisy, another playable female character who....expresses herself more, she gets thrown under the bus due to that one catchphrase. Nintendo actually made some effort to distinguish her from Peach yet people say that she's a clone.

Look at her in Mario Strikers!

I wouldn't have made this rant at all if she was a least in Mario Maker; fans don't even have the opportunity to make Daisy levels! The Mahjong tile and an Arwing got sprites over her, despite them having nothing to do with Mario at all!

Look at how Peach is treated and look at how Daisy is treated. Heck even Waluigi is treated better than Daisy is. People say that she's not interesting from a canon perspective because Nintendo downright avoid her while giving petty explainations as of WHY.

"Daisy's artstyle is from Mario Land so we can't include her in storylines" was one excuse for example.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think I remember the two of you having this discussion before. >~>
Considering the circles this place goes in? I would not be surprised in the least.

Yeah, Pauline got nothing...

But that's not really comparable, Peach got all of the attention because of her early damsel in distress role, she was kidnapped many times by Bowser and grew to be loved by many fans.

But when Nintendo introduced Daisy, another playable female character who....expresses herself more, she gets thrown under the bus due to that one catchphrase. Nintendo actually made some effort to distinguish her from Peach yet people say that she's a clone.

Look at her in Mario Strikers!

I'm aware of Daisy's personality and it's differences from Peach's.

I love Daisy. There's not a person/character in the shared DK/Mario universe I don't have at least a small affinity for. It's why I got into Nintendo and will always be number one in my heart.

But just like Daisy, (who was a damsel originally in her first appearance, which is part of the reason she's compared to Peach. The movie also doesn't help when they're practically meshed together for the sake of the movie and plot.) Peach has grown to be a full fleshed character with a personality that isn't just ''Damsel".

Peach changed too and that is why she has her popularity.

What helps her? Her personality grows and develops in main line games.

Daisy's grows and develops in sports and spin-off games that while popular? A lot of gamers will skip out on owning or ignore any factors of that aren't directly the gameplay.

This is why sometimes even Waluigi one of the wackiest and odd Mario characters gets accused of just being ''Purple Wario" or ''Evil Luigi."

Also Rosalina's personality was fully fleshed out in main line Mario games in the most spectacular fashion a Mario character has ever seen, yet she STILL got ''Eww, no way" for Smash before her reveal, because people literally thought she'd be Peach 2.0. Yet there was no logic. It's not a problem that just Daisy suffers.

Even Luigi still has ''Green Mario syndrome". It happens on the DK side too. How many times have you saw Dixie compared to Diddy? K. Rool to Bowser and Dedede?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom