• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So here's an easy topic.

What are the few video games that you think deserve a remake with newer mechanics?

I can easily say that Sonic Adventure, Metroid 2 and Star Tropics to get the audience familiar with the series
I'd say an older Nintendo rep like Muddy Mole or Nazo no Muramuse.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
This is gonna sound ridiculous but I think a new game for :4gaw: should happen.

I don't know what the hell they could do with it, though.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
For real a Zelda 1 remake is really need the game has aged terribly

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'll love a new Game & Watch Gallery for the 3DS featuring other Nintendo franchises.

Also I found the greatest thing ever
image.jpg

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Has anyone here played the Skylander games yet?

D

Deleted member

*page 666*
"I'm gonna regret this, ain't I?"
*reads it*
That wasn't so bad actually...
Has anyone here played the Skylander games yet?
Yes, I have
Yes, they suck
One of them is named Trap Team and doesn't even has any traps smh :/

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Eh, I think Duck Hunt should be just Duck Hunt. It doesn't make sense to turn it into an adventure game. It even goes against the name too. It just feels like making a whole new game and just slap on a completely unfitting old IP onto it for the sake of it. (And no, Kid Icarus Uprising does not count, the direction it had was very fitting)

Ice Climbers on the other hand... I think that can definitely work!

For real a Zelda 1 remake is really need the game has aged terribly
As long as the game keeps the whole "you have to wander around to find the next dungeon", I'll be okay with a remake.

I think it's one of the game's charms, I even drew out a map as I played it and I thought that was a neat experience. My main issue is just how enemies tends to be cheap. **** Dungeon 6.

Honestly, they don't even need to completely rehaul the game. Maybe even keep the same graphics, but make the controls less stiff and have it so you spawn with all of your hearts after death + adjust the enemy difficulty balance.

I honestly think the game is very cool, it just has some weird difficulty flaws and some gameplay oversights.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
I've played none of them. Are they any fun?
Spyro's Adventure good if you get behind the fact that it's a cash-in.
Giants is OK. Slightly better graphics and gameplay, but really short.
The rest suck.
This is coming from a person who's played the first two. After that, they just kept adding a new gimmick with every new game, and the toy quality went down.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It would have been much better if we reached this page on Halloween.

So my 2nd opponent didnt show up and im in round 3 of winners. Im ranked 44 of 44 against the 5th. . .

I haven't played this game since roy was released why do i deserve such pain?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
people I know have been saying good things about SuperChargers. The most common compliment that was a big jump from the last entry (whatever that means);

Last edited:

Naoshi

I ought to finish the Star Force games someday. I've only finished 1 and liked it. I got far in 2 but gave up because I thought it was a bad game. 3 was pretty great from what I've played.

Chrono.

I ought to finish the Star Force games someday. I've only finished 1 and liked it. I got far in 2 but gave up because I thought it was a bad game. 3 was pretty great from what I've played.
2 isn't great for sure, you're better off skipping it (though if you're far enough might as well finish it lol).

3 was an improvement pretty much everywhere.

Naoshi

2 isn't great for sure, you're better off skipping it (though if you're far enough might as well finish it lol).

3 was an improvement pretty much everywhere.
2 had such terrible writing (then again SF games' writing are cheesy/corny, but god this one was just pure cringe) and the encounter rate is just... too damn high ughhh. I'll definitely try to beat it though.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Eh, I think Duck Hunt should be just Duck Hunt. It doesn't make sense to turn it into an adventure game. It even goes against the name too. It just feels like making a whole new game and just slap on a completely unfitting old IP onto it for the sake of it. (And no, Kid Icarus Uprising does not count, the direction it had was very fitting)

Ice Climbers on the other hand... I think that can definitely work!

As long as the game keeps the whole "you have to wander around to find the next dungeon", I'll be okay with a remake.

I think it's one of the game's charms, I even drew out a map as I played it and I thought that was a neat experience. My main issue is just how enemies tends to be cheap. **** Dungeon 6.

Honestly, they don't even need to completely rehaul the game. Maybe even keep the same graphics, but make the controls less stiff and have it so you spawn with all of your hearts after death + adjust the enemy difficulty balance.

I honestly think the game is very cool, it just has some weird difficulty flaws and some gameplay oversights.
i'm sorry Naoshi but this is one of few times i really dont agree with you.Imo Zelda 1 is one of the worst zelda games maintime line.Right next to spirit tracks.The game is clunkly,the fact that to get to some of the dungeons you have to literally do things that go against all common sense, if i'm being honest Zelda 1 is one of the those games that didn't age well graphically over these years.

Now what need in a zelda 1 remake.A proper map system,Make getting to the dungeons actually possible without the help of a guide,give it a graphically update,Give link all of the tools that he can learn noadays (like the slash and pegaus boots),Tone down the cheapness,add a few music tracks,Give it a deeper story,and lastly add more content. Pretty much have a zelda 1 remake the"Zero Mission" of the Zelda series

Naoshi

I really disagree about the story having to be deeper or there being a map system. Could they make places easier to find? Sure, but I really think if you're going to change the game that much (with literally making it a modern 2D Zelda with everything) then it just stops being Zelda 1. They might as well make a whole new game. I mean really, you might as well present it as a whole different game and no one would notice. Except for maybe the lack of towns.

The simplicity was also a really nice thing about Zelda 1. I don't think it should get a Zero Mission style treatment. It worked great for Metroid. But I don't think it would be that great for Zelda 1.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
i'm sorry Naoshi but this is one of few times i really dont agree with you.Imo Zelda 1 is one of the worst zelda games maintime line.Right next to spirit tracks.The game is clunkly,the fact that to get to some of the dungeons you have to literally do things that go against all common sense,the graphics need a "Link Between Worlds" update because if i mean being honest Zelda 1 is one of the those games that didn't age well graphically over these years.

Now what need in a zelda 1 remake.A proper map system,Make getting to the dungeons actually possible without the help of a guide,give it a graphically update,Give link all of the tools that he can learn noadays (like the slash and pegaus boots),Tone down the cheapness,add a few music tracks,Give it a deeper story,and lastly add more content. Pretty much have a zelda 1 remake the"Zero Mission" of the Zelda series
I found all the dungeons and beat the game without a guide. I was 6.

...kids these days.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The SF gameplay just couldn't attract me in like BN did.

The third person perspective, how restrictive it was sand limited in choices of the battle chips.

But that's just me.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I found all the dungeons and beat the game without a guide. I was 6.

...kids these days.
Minority speaks for no one.

When a game has content that is near impossible to distinguish from another, JUST to find the key items to beat the game, 9 out of 10 of people aren't beating Zelda 1 without a guide. No matter how many 6 year olds did it.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Minority speaks for no one.

When a game has content that is near impossible to distinguish from another, JUST to find the key items to beat the game, 9 out of 10 of people aren't beating Zelda 1 without a guide. No matter how many 6 year olds did it.
It wasn't just me. Plenty of people beat the Legend of Zelda when it came out... there was a reason it was a popular game. It wasn't even considered a particularly hard or confusing game. You can attach whatever revisionist history you want to it from your modern perspective, but the game wouldn't have been the success it was if it was the confusing mess you're making it out to be.

The entire point of the game was exploration; you where thrown into this giant world with no idea what to do and had to figure it out. Really, it has more in common with modern Western RPGs like Skyrim then it does with something like Ocarina of Time.

Naoshi

I think the idea of a map that fills as you go along (with no hand holding to find the next dungeon) would be ideal. Or perhaps (something less accessible) is drawing out your own map with the bottom touch screen as you play along the game would be cool. (Maybe that could be a "Hard Mode" feature?)

I'm down for a remake, but let's not change the core of the game. Instead, let's respect it and improve upon it, not completely change it. Turning it into the same standards as the new Zelda games just... kinda takes away its identity.

I really have no nostalgia for the game as I have never gave it a serious playthrough til a few months ago, and my favorite Zelda games are the GBC games. But I really like what Zelda 1 was going for, but I do agree that finding certain dungeons could be a pain in the butt. But that doesn't make the concept inherently wrong.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It wasn't just me. Plenty of people beat the Legend of Zelda when it came out... there was a reason it was a popular game. It wasn't even considered a particularly hard or confusing game. You can attach whatever revisionist history you want to it from your modern perspective, but the game wouldn't have been the success it was if it was the confusing mess you're making it out to be.

The entire point of the game was exploration; you where thrown into this giant world with no idea what to do and had to figure it out. Really, it has more in common with modern Western RPGs like Skyrim then it does with something like Ocarina of Time.
That makes me think time made people more impatient then when they were kids... a lot of games that was really difficult was handled well by kids because of our patience and persistence to keep going. Super Mario Bros 1 was the game that revolutionized platforming, but you can't say it's the most aged Mario game out there, and this goes for Zelda 1. I've played a bit of it, and with time, I bet I could handle it just fine. But there's still aged elements about the game that I can definitely make it not as "polished" as the newer installments. The limitations for such a game as it was really makes the newer games better by comparison, is really my point, no offence.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think the idea of a map that fills as you go along (with no hand holding to find the next dungeon) would be ideal. Or perhaps (something less accessible) is drawing out your own map with the bottom touch screen as you play along the game would be cool. (Maybe that could be a "Hard Mode" feature?)

I'm down for a remake, but let's not change the core of the game. Instead, let's respect it and improve upon it, not completely change it.

I really have no nostalgia for the game as I have never gave it a serious playthrough til a few months ago, and my favorite Zelda games are the GBC games. But I really like what Zelda 1 was going for, but I do agree that finding certain dungeons could be a pain in the butt. But that doesn't make the concept inherently wrong.
Zero Mission made more sense for that sort of remake because Metroid was always a bit confusing (the splitting tunnels where more difficult, for me anyway, then the open world of Zelda, and much more difficult to back track through due to the difficulty of the enemies.) That being said, I map that grows with you wouldn't break a Zelda NES remake in anyway.

Naoshi

For the record, no one is saying Zelda 1 is better than the other installments. (I mean sure some may feel that way, not that there's anything wrong with that). But i don't think Zelda 1 is as bad as some people make it out to be if you ask me.

Last edited:
#Oni'sTwitterFeed
Well that lasted about 12 seconds.
Got 0-2'd by a mega man in winners and a charizard in losers.
I don't feel angry though like when I usually lose. Now I have a reason to compete and come back. I have a reason to train. Plus I saw some awesome charizard finishers. I have to believe most of them are only possible with ****ty(no) DI because I don't really know how to.

Plus I haven't played this game in months, was playing cahracters I haven't played in about 10 months and only had 2 warmup games because we only had 2 setups when we started. Time to start training for the top :4littlemac:

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
For the record, no one is saying Zelda 1 is better than the other installments. (I mean sure some may feel that way, not that there's anything wrong with that). But i don't think Zelda 1 is as bad as some people make it out to be if you ask me.
I agree, I don't think it's a bad game, just one I feel hasn't aged as well as the later games in the series. I think Zelda 2 is more difficult than Zelda 1, but they are both 2 different types of games however...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom