• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
What are the few video games that you think deserve a remake with newer mechanics?
Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures with Gamepad control. :troll:

If not for Konami going off the deep end, the original two Metal Gears in the modern Solid style would be really nifty.

Oh, World of Illusion remade exactly how Castle of Illusion was (Kirkhope and all) would suck the money right from my wallet.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
So here's an easy topic.

What are the few video games that you think deserve a remake with newer mechanics?

I can easily say that Sonic Adventure, Metroid 2 and Star Tropics to get the audience familiar with the series
Battletoads. Fix the difficulty.
It needs to be harder.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Do you want to know what my biggest disappointment last year was, Yoshi's New Island. I bought the game day one, went to the store with my Yoshi shirt, hat, and 3DS (I'm a big Yoshi fan BTW) found out Yoshi wasn't in Smash and got some bachelor pad that looked as though it belonged to the Tazmainian Devil, but thought, "Who cares, Yoshi's got a new game, what could go wrong?"... It was the exact same thing as the last time... With minor alterations, a graphical update, and Totaka's song. :c

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So here's an easy topic.

I can easily say that Sonic Adventure, Metroid 2 and Star Tropics to get the audience familiar with the series
Mega Man Legends 1 and 2 for PS4/Xbone/NX/PC with updated controls to gauge interest in Legends 3.

MainJPW

M.T.A
So here's an easy topic.

Sonic Adventure for sure.

Now that the AutoDemo has given us full insight on the design of the first two test stages and beta Windy Valley it's pretty safe to say the game was originally designed with momentum based mechanics, smoother rolling level design and full-scale exploration in mind.

Take the Adventure engine with necessary tweaks to the physics and that would lend the game to some amazing level design.

Chrono.

So here's an easy topic.

NES Kid Icarus I guess.

Sonic Adventure too.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Mother 1/ Earthbound Beginnings definitely. And I would love to see the Fire Emblem Elibe games remade.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Sonic Adventure for sure.

Now that the AutoDemo has given us full insight on the design of the first two test stages and beta Windy Valley it's pretty safe to say the game was originally designed with momentum based mechanics, smoother rolling level design and full-scale exploration in mind.

Take the Adventure engine with necessary tweaks to the physics and that would lend the game to some amazing level design.
But should they keep the halariously bad VA? :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
super metroid much moreso imo
much less would have to be altered. just account for the fusion/zero mission-style physics (i.e. not ridiculously floaty) and you're good to go

also there is at least the fan remake of metroid 2
I know about AMR2 but I'll take a Metroid 2 remake over a remake over Super which doesn't really need one aside from the extra features Fusion brought which isn't really much.

Metroid 2 is a game that aged worst than the original and is the hardest most don't bring up as much.

Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures with Gamepad control. :troll:

If not for Konami going off the deep end, the original two Metal Gears in the modern Solid style would be really nifty.

Oh, World of Illusion remade exactly how Castle of Illusion was (Kirkhope and all) would suck the money right from my wallet.
Bro, I know you're kidding but Pac-Man 2 was a fun game and the Gamepad would do the game Wonders.

Sonic 06. That game shouldn't waste a great soundtrack with bad controls.
I rather just make Adventure 3 then

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
So here's an easy topic.

Dragon Quest Monsters 2. Oh wait it did get a 3DS remake...but only in Japan with no localization in sight.....

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Page 666 is incoming
Oh jeez, I'm gonna go hide whilst I can :088:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It's only bad due to the scripting, it was directly translated which led to the less than stellar English dub.
"GAAAAAHHHH, That's a, CHAOS EMERALD!!!" Yeah, that definitely explains the cheesyness of the dialouge. Amy kind of sounds like DeDe from Dexter's Lab.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Bro, I know you're kidding but Pac-Man 2 was a fun game and the Gamepad would do the game Wonders.
I actually played the game back in the day and it's part of the reason I like Pac-Man (aside from the original being the first game I ever played, but you know). Something similar to it would actually be Super amazing.

And now that I think of it, with everyone mentioning Sonic, I'd kill for the Mega Drive/Genesis Sonic games to be completely remade in 3D in the style of Sonic Generations.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It makes me wonder though, does Lani Manille live in Japan or have any connection towards the country?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Just kind of curious, what's your guys favorite remix from any of the Smash games?
For me, it would have to be this dang beauty.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So here's an easy topic.

Bit of an oddball pick but I'd like a remake of MediEvil that's not the PSP version. I always thought an HD version of that game with improvements to the controls and the like would be pretty sweet.

Remade Rayman 1 because why not. Remakes of Vectorman and Ristar because why not.

And this is kind of generic but I want an HD Mario 64 (r.i.p fanmade version). Fix the camera and throw in the stuff from DS and I'd be all over it.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Bit of an oddball pick but I'd like a remake of MediEvil that's not the PSP version. I always thought an HD version of that game with improvements to the controls and the like would be pretty sweet.

Remade Rayman 1 because why not. Remakes of Vectorman and Ristar because why not.

And this is kind of generic but I want an HD Mario 64 (r.i.p fanmade version). Fix the camera and throw in the stuff from DS and I'd be all over it.
Rayman 1 needs a Sonic 2 HD treatment. Period.

And I'd die from a R2 and R3 HD remake as well....And that Rayman 4 to happen someday....

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
So here's an easy topic.

Megaman X: Command Mission
Shenmue
X-men legends 2

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It makes me wonder though, does Lani Manille live in Japan or have any connection towards the country?
Well, people call Pit anime trash. . . :troll:

:troll: :troll: :troll:

For the record, I like Pit.

I just also view GameFAQs a lot.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I got a lot to say on what happened recently or as of late.

To be honest, I am not sure what to expect with Smash DLC. Good thing I don't care who gets in.

A 2nd season of Sonic Boom being announced doesn't surprise me. I have no other say in that. Not my show. I haven't watched TV in a long while. It's been months. I know there is Youtube for that, but I don't usually watch shows on youtube unless if I want to give it a try or if the show intrigues me.

Project X Zone 2 possibly isn't done with characters. In an interview, I heard they are saving it for players who want to experience it themselves, meaning on release date in JP. Which makes me wonder. I had this crazy Pair Unit idea. What if we had Shulk/Hayato. They both use beam-like wielding weapons, so I think it kind of makes sense. Kind of. Because.........why not. Anyone can dream. But what if one of the requirements is defeat Black Hayato once and for all to get him back to normal or find a way to get him back to normal. That would be so cool. Yet again, I am just spitballing here. No leak, but would be cool.

As for SkullKid in Hyrule Warriors Legends, sounds cool. Makes me want to finish Majora's Mask.

Not a fan of Streetfighter though, but I will check out the vids on the fifth one to convince me otherwise.

That's all I have to say.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So here's an easy topic.

Not sure about new mechanics, but I would love to see a remake of the original Rayman in the UbiArt engine.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
So here's an easy topic.

Boogerman..

a huge shame that the Kickstarter for the 20th Anniversary remaster didn't succeed. =(

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Not sure about new mechanics, but I would love to see a remake of the original Rayman in the UbiArt engine.
I was going to say this, but Rayman 1 and 2 have been ported to hell and back.

Rayman 1 still looks beautiful as well, though updated visuals and slight changes canonically would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom