• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There's a difference between wanting a character and expecting a character.

In regards to Wolf, I admit my expectations have lowered but I'm still holding hope.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Snake's not a shoo-in, but a shoe-in.

'Cause there's a snake in my boot.
@Space Stranger

Anyway, . . .

None of the other veterans are "shoo-ins".

They already added three via DLC.

They may be saving the rest for Smash 5 so the don't blow their whole load at once.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
My top unwanted DLC

Dixie
Pichu
Young link
Any Fire Emblem characters
Krystal
Any toon characters
No specific order.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Yeah this is what annoys me. The shadow thing should've been direct deconfirmation....
Apparently people's perception of what a Smash Bros. boss should move like outweighed the context in which the scene was played and the words and narration that accompanied it.

People will find the most absurd ways to cling onto hope, without even realize how ridiculous they're being.

So if Wolf is not a shoo-in....Then Snake is.

:troll:
Well, erm.....he's more likely than the Ice Climbers.

That's something, at least, right?

My top unwanted DLC

Dixie
Pichu
Young link
Any Fire Emblem characters
Krystal
Any toon characters
No specific order.
The only character I'd really hate to see is Sora (though Shantae is slowly on the verge of reaching this status thanks to Wayforward's stupidity).

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
A bunch of people just played it and said it's not like Battlefield at all, actually. Did you play it? I have friends who were HOPING it'd be battlefield, and were disappointed.
Yes I played it and it feels like Battlefield trash instead of a Battlefront game. The problem is it screws up being Battlefield because Dice spent too much time trying to make it look pretty.

It's not that similar to Battlefield. It isn't supposed to be, really. It's targeted at a very casual fanbase, and it delivers, imo. It's bright, it's flashy, and it's entertaining, but you shouldn't go in expecting it to be that in depth or that difficult. It looks like Star Wars, it sounds like Star Wars, and it's fun like Star Wars. Can't really ask for much more.
Actually feeling like a Battlefront game.
All the cut content from Battlefront 2.
Not having EA or Dice involved with it.
Actually being good instead of feeling like a cheap cash i- oh wait. That's what it is.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I believe being hopeful /= being delusional happens with this fanbase, any fanbase, of a beloved character from your childhood.

Ridley was indeed "delusional". But many still believed because of hope, and most knew that direct really did just meant "deconfirmed" without just saying it in the first place. I still think Ridley was handle stupidly, from a developer standpoint, and the fanbase's standpoint.

But in the end, talking about how dumb this fanbase is just seems double standard when this is just how human kind is. We do dumb crap just because we all wish for the things we all want in life, even if it's just a video game.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Personally since I'm buying all DLC regardless of what they are, I won't complain whoever gets added, but I'll be happier if at least one I've been wanting gets in.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Personally since I'm buying all DLC regardless of what they are, I won't complain whoever gets added, but I'll be happier if at least one I've been wanting gets in.
That's what I'm doing.
A new character is a fun character. :4pacman:
If we can get Bandana Dee tho

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
But in the end, talking about how dumb this fanbase is just seems double standard when this is just how human kind is. We do dumb crap just because we all wish for the things we all want in life, even if it's just a video game.
Personally, with Smash Bros, I enjoy the speculation almost more than the actual game. It's fun to speculate the possibilities, especially with such a wide variety of Nintendo IPs that these possibilities could be derived from.

Of course, when it's stops being fun, I say you're doing it wrong. It's really not worth any amount of energy getting bent out of shape or upset over something that is completely out of your control. All you can really do is just enjoy the ride, and be sure to handle yourself with a bit of class along the way. Makes for a better experience for all involved.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I believe being hopeful /= being delusional happens with this fanbase, any fanbase, of a beloved character from your childhood.

Ridley was indeed "delusional". But many still believed because of hope, and most knew that direct really did just meant "deconfirmed" without just saying it in the first place. I still think Ridley was handle stupidly, from a developer standpoint, and the fanbase's standpoint.

I just feel like Sakurai just had to do something with Ridley or he felt like fans ignored him. That's why he was made the way he is. And the Ridley fanbase had so many delusions because they just couldn't believe the thought that he wouldn't be a fighter.

He was always gonna be a boss not because Sakurai hates us or him but because that's what he is to Sakurai.

But I know I'm wrong because Bowser, Ganondorf and Dedede exist.

The only character I'd really hate to see is Sora (though Shantae is slowly on the verge of reaching this status thanks to Wayforward's stupidity).
I would probably slow down on Shanate. Wayforward is just really stupid, nothing more, nothing less. They desperately wanted their character in and the fanbase Shanate had just bandwagoned it to oblivion.

It's like hating Ridley or Wolf because how stupid the fans are. But I can agree on Sora.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I just feel like Sakurai just had to do something with Ridley or he felt like fans ignored him. That's why he was made the way he is. And the Ridley fanbase had so many delusions because they just couldn't believe the thought that he wouldn't be a fighter.

He was always gonna be a boss not because Sakurai hates us or him but because that's what he is to Sakurai.

I would probably slow down on Shanate. Wayforward is just really stupid, nothing more, nothing less. They desperately wanted their character in and the fanbase Shanate had just bandwagoned it to oblivion.

It's like hating Ridley or Wolf because how stupid the fans are. But I can agree on Sora.
I agree with everything you said *, despite me mostly meaning I'd like it if he just said Ridley was a boss in April, as soon as he showed him, he did it with Brawl Ridley, waiting as long as he did just made things worse in the end.

*(especially with the Shantae thing, spite is spite and be damned if you let bias be that big of a deal)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't get the Sora hate
He has a considerable amount of games on Nintendo handhelds
Unlike a certain FF protagonist that is considered the most likely Square rep

Not that I think he would get in before anyone from FF but he still stands above Shulk 0.5
Meta. Stahp
I could swear Meta Knight reproduced by asexual reproduction
He is from the same race as Kirby abd I think there was a game about that

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Sakurai is the kind of developer who prefers "doing, even if not ideally" than "not doing at all".

I'd say the epitome of this is the inclusion of Ganondorf in Melee, though many other things qualify. Sakurai felt more wrong to not include Ganondorf than to include him as a Falcon clone. Making him a clone was a means to an end: include a character that was heavily requested by fans despite time constraints. He had the expectation people would be enjoy his (and the other clones') inclusion, as he said "clones are fanservice".

Of course, we all know how it backfired. He got plenty of dislike mail in regards to the clones in Melee and clones are an overall hated aspect of the game. Brawl even toned down on the clones, though that didn't stop Sakurai from including them in Smash 4 (to be fair, however, the clone situation in Smash 4 is different from Melee).

Not that I think he would get in before anyone from FF but he still stands above Shulk 0.5
Pretty sure people just hate his design or how much of a goof(y) he is. Plus how much he is tied with Sony.

As much as I disagree with the notion. . . (sora is disney not square btw)

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I finished the "Is Wolf a Shoo-In?" article on Source Gaming. It's essentially a summary of the points I made yesterday.
@Spazzy_D and TheAnvil TheAnvil also contributed to the article.

Yeah this is what annoys me. The shadow thing should've been direct deconfirmation....
Eh, you also believed we would only get 2 more DLC characters, using "evidence" to back it up, so I'm not worried. :p

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
My problem with Sora is how he's from the franchise that tried to say 'who will I have ice cream with' and make people cry
The sad part is I'm sure there are people who defend it as a truly tear jerker moment. Possibly stuck up there with Evangelion.

D

Deleted member

I'd prefer Mickey Mouse as a Disney rep over Sora despite the former's ineligibility. Seeing someone as iconic as Mickey battling against the likes of Mario and Pac-Man would be hype.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The sad part is I'm sure there are people who defend it as a truly tear jerker moment. Possibly stuck up there with Evangelion.
From what I heard, the KH fanbase will go ape**** if you don't think everything is perfect, some guy I follow on YT said it's dumb. Angry fanboys say he doesn't even play the game. He records himself beating one of the hardest bosses in 30 seconds. Angry fanboys say it means nothing

Burb

The Absolute Worst

I don't care about his credentials. I dislike Sora as a character.

My problem with Sora is how he's from the franchise that tried to say 'who will I have ice cream with' and make people cry
Uggghhhh, thanks for reminding me.

I never thought anything would be able to dethrone Devil May Cry's "with LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!" scene for the title of "worst attempt at an emotional cutscene in gaming history", but they sure as hell did it with that one.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Apparently people's perception of what a Smash Bros. boss should move like outweighed the context in which the scene was played and the words and narration that accompanied it.

People will find the most absurd ways to cling onto hope, without even realize how ridiculous they're being.

Well, erm.....he's more likely than the Ice Climbers.

That's something, at least, right?

You know what, I can not believe I forgot those two on my list! The Shantae thing is really starting to piss me off as well. I forgot how much we were alike at times. :p

D

Deleted member

If we're talking Disney characters, sure Mickey is pretty much Mr. Disney, but I'd much rather see Wreck-It Ralph.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You know what, I can not believe I forgot those two on my list! The Shantae thing is really starting to piss me off as well. I forgot how much we were alike at times. :p
Even as someone who loves Shantae and would love to see her in, believe me that I blame absolutely NO ONE for feeling that way.
...Well sans some other Shantae supporters.
...and Wayforward at times.
...Like I said, no blame. =P

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If Shantae doesn't end up as Smash 3DS/Wii U DLC, at least I can look forward to having her in the next demo of Super Smash Bros. Crusade.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Uggghhhh, thanks for reminding me.

I never thought anything would be able to dethrone Devil May Cry's "with LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!" scene for the title of "worst attempt at an emotional cutscene in gaming history", but they sure as hell did it with that one.
The difference being that DMC's moment was more of corny dialogue and voice acting. The ice cream bit is more of people going "Shut up about ice cream already. We've already seen 100 scenes with it."

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
Oooh Nintendo ****ed up
They pulled a Wario
They done goofed :4pacman:
Wow, just wow. If this means anything, if the "Leak" is true,, then this character that Rogersbase and Stealth were talking about could be Chibi Robo.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The difference being that DMC's moment was more of corny dialogue and voice acting. The ice cream bit is more of people going "Shut up about ice cream already. We've already seen 100 scenes with it."
Uhhh.....actually, the dialogue in the KH2 scene was pretty god awful, too.

They could've only mentioned the ice cream once before, and it still would've been just as terrible a scene.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Wanna have a laugh?
Read Roxas's journal entries in 358/2 days, and replace every instance of "Ice Cream" with "Sex".
It is so immature yet so ****ing hilarious.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Um, so I guess this is an unpopular opinion, but the ending of 358/2 Days actually did make me tear up. If you ignore how ridiculous the line actually is, it's a really kind of depressing moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom