• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
By the way, i am the only one here who is excited when a character is annouced. Not because of the gameplay or their popularity. But more because of the potential that person that make Smash machinima could do with those character? No? I am the only one here that think that?
That reminds me of all of those Brawl Machinimas.

Good times.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I for one can't wait for the reveal of Shovel Knight at NYCC.

Because Nintendo totally lets Nintendo of America do those things.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm surprised people thought there would be results when the ballot ended. This is Nintendo we're talking about. They don't exactly release detailed infographics. I'll honestly be surprised if we get the results of the bracket by the end of the year. I don't think Sakurai will release it until Smash DLC ends.

I'm hoping I'm wrong. I could see, when the next DLC character is announced, Sakurai discussing the choice in an interview a bit later, and maybe talking about the ballot there. But other than that, I don't expect much.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Octolings should only be playable during specific events. Maybe splatfests, maybe a ranked game mode, but something special. Reason being, the game is about Inklings and takes place in Inkopolis. Unless they want to revamp Octo Valley and have a way to fight in turf wars on their side, then i'm okay with it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Haven't played Splatoon for a while. One reason being that I don't want my save file corrupted by running across a player who hacked the game to be an Octoling.

Hopefully the inevitable official release of the playable Octoling will fix this.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I do feel like Octolings as a playable species should be safed for a sequel. You could just choice a faction in the war, etc.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
X3? Strange....I mean that it's not the most popular X game in the series. (It's even considered by some as the less good of the SNES trilogie. Even tough that it's still a better game than X7 and depending of your opinion, X6 too.)

But i have listen it and it sound great! :)
I found X3 is pretty great itself, I think it's not as good compared to X1, X2 and X4 though yeah

X5 is when it goes downhill sadly. Never reached the greatness of the series since then.

X5 was okay but has a lot of bad level/game design that makes playing the game a chore sometimes.
Then there's X6 with... a lot of bull**** level design and poorly thought out ideas.
Then X7 was like everything is wrong except the music.
X8 tends to be regarded as great, but I think it was an okay game at best. Great gameplay, terrible level design

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I found X3 is pretty great itself, I think it's not as good compared to X1, X2 and X4 though yeah

X5 is when it goes downhill sadly. Never reached the greatness of the series since then.

X5 was okay but has a lot of bad level/game design that makes playing the game a chore sometimes.
Then there's X6 with... a lot of bull**** level design and poorly thought out ideas.
Then X7 was like everything is wrong except the music.
X8 tends to be regarded as great, but I think it was an okay game at best. Great gameplay, terrible level design
X6 have great music in it. And even tough that level design is really bad sometime. There is still some thing in the game that make other thing more "easy" or are just enjoyable. (Zero, who many claim that the game is easier with him. Dynamo can help for farming the nightmare soul. Commander Yammark stage is the most good. Etc....) But yeah, X6 is really weird. Also, i completely agree on X5 and X7 and i can't really say on X8 since it's the one i known the less. I need to see more on it.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Haven't played Splatoon for a while. One reason being that I don't want my save file corrupted by running across a player who hacked the game to be an Octoling.

Hopefully the inevitable official release of the playable Octoling will fix this.
That player got banned recently.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
It really shows the maturity of some people in the online community when you see people asking "Who won the ballot?" or "Where's my detailed ballot results Nintendo?".

I've said this before, but they're not gonna release jack **** when it comes to ballot results.

Imagine if they release a Top 10. And for the sake of argument K Rool or Ridley is at the top. But Sakurai doesn't want them in. So he picks Inklings who are Number 4. People will be pissed. They'll see that their character was "So Close!" or something.

He's not choosing based off what the majority want from the ballot, which is a tough reality to some. It's a suggestion box.

Since I'd put money on Inkling coming to Smash this month, I can only imagine the reaction when it comes to the ballot.

Expect at least 10 Erika videos on whether or not Inkling is "The Ballot character". Which is another silly statement, as I'm sure the ballot is deciding more than a single character.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
It really shows the maturity of some people in the online community when you see people asking "Who won the ballot?" or "Where's my detailed ballot results Nintendo?".

I've said this before, but they're not gonna release jack **** when it comes to ballot results.

Imagine if they release a Top 10. And for the sake of argument K Rool or Ridley is at the top. But Sakurai doesn't want them in. So he picks Inklings who are Number 4. People will be pissed. They'll see that their character was "So Close!" or something.

He's not choosing based off what the majority want from the ballot, which is a tough reality to some. It's a suggestion box.

Since I'd put money on Inkling coming to Smash this month, I can only imagine the reaction when it comes to the ballot.

Expect at least 10 Erika videos on whether or not Inkling is "The Ballot character". Which is another silly statement, as I'm sure the ballot is deciding more than a single character.
What's an Erika?

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Yo
http://www.rockman-corner.com/2015/09/check-out-hidden-content-in-mighty-no-9.html?m=1
I may be late but this includes the Ray DLC. Inafune...Why include the DLC? Do you WANT to kill your career?
Well, he did come from Capcom, the kings of disc-locked DLC....

.....Then again, given all the slimy business practices Comcept has displayed, especially over the past year, this probably should've been expected regardless.

What's an Erika?

Celadon City's gym leader.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I had hoped for at least some info in the results, because of the effort they put into making sites for each individual country on the Smash website. Ah well.

:231:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

This is exactly what i am thinking. This is a "suggestion box". So no matter if Shadow or King.K.Rool got in first place. That doesn't mean that they will be the winner. (Shadow is just a exemple of course.) But hey, some person like Etika are going to do ton of video or thing like that just for get buzz for saying:
"WTF niggat, why King.K.Rool have been choosed over the Inkling, who we're first in the ballot? Daddy Sakurai wtf?! lol"
(I have nothing against Erika but he just lastly really boring with his "argument" on the ballot for me.)

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
X6 have great music in it. And even tough that level design is really bad sometime. There is still some thing in the game that make other thing more "easy" or are just enjoyable. (Zero, who many claim that the game is easier with him. Dynamo can help for farming the nightmare soul. Commander Yammark stage is the most good. Etc....) But yeah, X6 is really weird. Also, i completely agree on X5 and X7 and i can't really say on X8 since it's the one i known the less. I need to see more on it.
X6's music is amazing totally. I think the only level I've liked was the intro stage. The rest ranged from really really bad to "okay but flawed".

...But then the Nightmare system made every stage unbearable. What were they thinking?!

(Actually yeah, Commander Yammark's stage was actually decent before the Nightmare thing popped up. Only complaint I remember having is that the dang spikes from faith of leaps.)

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Fans are crazy and stupidly desperate for a character and I hate how they should expect Nintendo to spill the beans on a suggestion box/poll/ballot whatever thingy.

They just want information they can't handle.
Then get pissed off when they see the results and the choices.

Even when it's fully finish, they just expect more characters because they are desperate for their favorites to get in. Hell, I remember when they announced they they were doing development for a new Smash game in 2011 and everyone started making fake leaks getting hyped over a game that didn't even have a trailer expecting something.

Smash fans are stupid and will be say they expect something big for their game.

They can't even stay in their own franchise considering if there's a new game announced by Nintendo it always lead to '___ Confirmed for Smash' and most of us are guilty of it. Asking Smash fans to be reasonable is asking an Alligator not to chomp off your leg, good luck it won't happen

Burb

The Absolute Worst
if there's a new game announced by Nintendo it always lead to '___ Confirmed for Smash' and most of us are guilty of it.
Not to mention people taking literally everything as a clue.

Shantae on an e-shop ad with Mario = Shantae is coming to Smash!!!111, Greninja and Charizard = Sceptile, the Trophy Quiz nonsense, Ridley's shadow during a boss battle demonstration is a hint he's playable....

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
X6's music is amazing totally. I think the only level I've liked was the intro stage. The rest ranged from really really bad to "okay but flawed".

...But then the Nightmare system made every stage unbearable. What were they thinking?!

(Actually yeah, Commander Yammark's stage was actually decent before the Nightmare thing popped up. Only complaint I remember having is that the dang spikes from faith of leaps.)
Funnily enough, the horrible difficulty can be "explain" that Gate have made all the thing he could for stopping X and Zero. Meaning that he is in fact, more dangerous than Sigma. ( In fact, before you fight Gate Maverick. (So the intro stage.) it's actually fairly challenging. But then, you fight go into fight against Gate robot and then suddenly the game is hard as ****. And when you beat Gate, the last level with Sigma and even him. Are the most easy part of the game!) Really, it's really funny when you think about it. (Of course it excuse nothing because you should NEVER use a excuse like that for explain the horrible level design you make it like that.)

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I finished the "Is Wolf a Shoo-In?" article on Source Gaming. It's essentially a summary of the points I made yesterday.
@Spazzy_D and @TheAnvil also contributed to the article.

Shantae on an e-shop ad with Mario = Shantae is coming to Smash!!!111, Greninja and Charizard = Sceptile, the Trophy Quiz nonsense, Ridley's shadow during a boss battle demonstration is a hint he's playable....
Yeah this is what annoys me. The shadow thing should've been direct deconfirmation....

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey, you know what? I gonna buy Chibi-Robo Zip Lash; I never was a big fan of the character (or the series in general; played just a bit of the first game). I'll do my part to contribute... regardless the reviews, if it sells well, the series won't die. And even not being a fan, I can't let this happen.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I think the worst were all the speculation that had some much misinformation.

Characters had to be cut in place for someone

Having some required amount of reps and how the reps should be.

Everyone and everything has to be a clone because Sakurai is nowhere near creative as the fans.

Predetermined fan rules

Stupid theories because we have to out think Sakurai then when he throws us a curveball then we get upset because the opposite of what we expected happened.

I thank God that PushDustIn PushDustIn and his crew is there to fix those issues

#TotallyNotShilling

Chrono.

I feel like for Smash 5 they should just reveal everyone in rapid-fire.

Kinda like how Capcom has been doing for SFV (but slower).

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I feel like for Smash 5 they should just reveal everyone in rapid-fire.

Kinda like how Capcom has been doing for SFV (but slower).
I was considering that and they kinda did it as well. And kinda drop the secret characters thing and just have them be hidden characters.

Smash 5 just go all out with its first trailer

Reveal the original 12, majority of the returning vets from Melee, Brawl and Smash 4 (4 each) then 3 newcomers.

Then reveal the vets every other time during speculation and development and the newcomers will still get their trailers and :4megaman::4sonic::4pacman:are the only vets to get their own trailers.

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
I was considering that and they kinda did it as well. And kinda drop the secret characters thing and just have them be hidden characters.

Smash 5 just go all out with its first trailer

Reveal the original 12, majority of the returning vets from Melee, Brawl and Smash 4 (4 each) then 3 newcomers.

Then reveal the vets every other time during speculation and development and the newcomers will still get their trailers and :4megaman::4sonic::4pacman:are the only vets to get their own trailers.
And :4ryu: would be the first DLC Smash 4 Vet to be revealed?

Soul.

This is a thought of mine. With the 3DS version doing well and all, there's a chance they may make another handheld game for Nintendo's 3DS successor. I honestly can't see them dropping handheld Smash but who knows; maybe its control stick won't be a Circle Pad again.

Then again a hypothetical Smash 5 (or 6) doesn't exist yet so whatever.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I finished the "Is Wolf a Shoo-In?" article on Source Gaming. It's essentially a summary of the points I made yesterday.
@Spazzy_D and @TheAnvil also contributed to the article.

Yeah this is what annoys me. The shadow thing should've been direct deconfirmation....
So the SG crew on the whole doesn't consider Wolf as a shoo-in. It was an interesting read, though you don't seem particularly confident about him making it in through the ballot. If you had to give him a number (out of 10), where would you put him?

Also, can I ask who makes those images? :3 (and the similar avatars you use on the SG website?)

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So the SG crew on the whole doesn't consider Wolf as a shoo-in. It was an interesting read, though you don't seem particularly confident about him making it in through the ballot. If you had to give him a number (out of 10), where would you put him?

Also, can I ask who makes those images? :3 (and the similar avatars you use on the SG website?)

This isn't the whole crew! I'm sure some of the members considers him likely.

I think he has some chance (more so than say Waluigi) but I wanted to point out the potential issues/ signs that he might not be coming back.
I'm 65% sure he's not coming back (basically slightly more convinced that he isn't coming back).

The lovely images are made by Nirbion! Tell him you are enjoying his work! The About Us page will be updated tomorrow so you guys can find this information out quickly.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Friday, boys
Time for a new Splatoon Update (As per usual)
Custom Range Blaster and Custom E-Tank 3K Scope are on the way
(It isn't actually E-Tank, it's E-Liter, but I wanted to make the joke :4megaman:)
R.I.P. Octolings on 8/8
Done goofed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom