• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The invasion update for Team Fortress 2 is amazing.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Remember when Petey Piranha was awesome back in 2002-2010?
His awesomeness needs to come back, I feel he is just a "meh" character right now.
Hey! He's making a return in Paper Jam!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Hopefully he makes his Mario Tennis return!

In other news, I'm in Sydney for the weekend. As I'm from Melbourne, I automatically hate it here.

Ew, Sydney.

(Australian shots fired)
Funny, as I'm from Western Sydney, I hated Melbourne.

Ew, Melbourne.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For me, Australia is that country literally on the other side of the planet.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Funny, as I'm from Western Sydney, I hated Melbourne.

Ew, Melbourne.
You dont love coffee, food, culture and being in the world's most livable city?

(Just to clarify I quite like Sydney despite its confusing roads, I just like to make fun)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Australia drinks tea and drives on the left side of the road like us, so I respect them for that. (and plays cricket. :upsidedown:)

:231:

D

Deleted member

Lol @ this week's conquest.

The fight between the 3 most neglected series in this iteration of Smash.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
You dont love coffee, food, culture and being in the world's most livable city?

(Just to clarify I quite like Sydney despite its confusing roads, I just like to make fun)
Why does everyone from Melbourne say Sydney's roads are confusing?

I don't even.

Unrelated, but I just had a 30 second game of rainmaker.

Weow.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Why does everyone from Melbourne saying Sydney's roads are confusing?

I don't even.

Unrelated, but I just had a 30 second game of rainmaker.

Weow.
Because we designed a city on a grid and you designed chaos.

I've had that before too. Splatoon isn't as fun this time of night. So many terrible players. We should team up and play some time next week.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've been to Portugal. It's beautiful.

Stupidly far away, though.
Australia and Japan are two places I'd like to visit, but yeah, the distance doesn't help.

Where in Portugal have you been? Just curious.

Lol @ this week's conquest.

The fight between the 3 most neglected series in this iteration of Smash.
Let me guess: Metroid, DK and Star Fox?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I figured out why I don't like the majority of the Japanese players I play with in Splatoon.

They are way too aggressive for their own good.

In Rainmaker, every time my team gets the rain maker, the Japanese players will go freaking ham on these fools.

But when the tides turn and we are on the defensive, we can't hold up our defenses because they constantly throw themselves at the enemy and keeping splatted.

And I also noticed they have a tendency to act independently of the team.
Like, you could be 10 ticks/ points (we'll call it that I guess) away from the enemy goal thing in Rain Maker, and then they will start shooting at the opponents who aren't shooting me (the guy with the Rain Maker) and get me splatted, then they end up getting the rain maker because (like what was said) they constantly throw themselves mindlessly at the enemy.

/minirant

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I forgot KI was a thing. Maybe Sakurai should add a few more stages, characters, items and smash run enemies to help remind me.
Or a few more playable Pokémon to make it even.:upsidedown:
Give people a reason to complain about overrepresentation other than "they've got a lot of stuff". The same number of characters as in Brawl (after DLC) out of a roster 35% bigger, and fewer stages (one more if you include the 3DS roster, but then you're looking at 70-ish stages) does not overrepresentation make, when you're dealing with one of Nintendo's flagship series.

At least I see where people are coming from when they say Mario has too much, what with its ridiculous stage roster.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Or a few more playable Pokémon to make it even.:upsidedown:
Give people a reason to complain about overrepresentation other than "they've got a lot of stuff". The same number of characters as in Brawl (after DLC) out of a roster 35% bigger, and fewer stages (one more if you include the 3DS roster, but then you're looking at 70-ish stages) does not overrepresentation make, when you're dealing with one of Nintendo's flagship series.

At least I see where people are coming from when they say Mario has too much, what with its ridiculous stage roster.
For real no series is truly overrepresented. KI has imported stuff from Uprising, and clone characters shouldn't count either. Mario and Pokemon can have a bunch of more characters without being overrepresented since they're so big. Then there's FE that has 3 characters, a clone and Roy being a Melee rep more than a FE rep lol.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
For real no series is truly overrepresented. KI has imported stuff from Uprising, and clone characters shouldn't count either. Mario and Pokemon can have a bunch of more characters without being overrepresented since they're so big. Then there's FE that has 3 characters, a clone and Roy being a Melee rep more than a FE rep lol.
I agree, if it wasn't clear my other post was in jest. Well, Roy did debut in Smash Bros., after all.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Australia and Japan are two places I'd like to visit, but yeah, the distance doesn't help.

Where in Portugal have you been? Just curious.
I only ended up going to Lisbon because I ran out of money haha. But next time I return to Europe Portugal is the first place I want to go! When that happens I'll come to you for advice!!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ah man! That's awesome.

This one is great too.
Please tell me there is already a Mega Man X remix somewhere.
(The song is good by the way.)

Anyway, how are you feeling guys right now? Me, i am lamenting myself on my poor skill on drawning that limit me the idea that i want to do. It's really painful to be imaginatif but to not have the skill of drawning like you want.
(SMM is actually a good thing for me. Since it's really simple to make your level, in my opinion.)

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Please tell me there is already a Mega Man X remix somewhere.
(The song is good by the way.)

Anyway, how are you feeling guys right now? Me, i am lamenting myself on my poor skill on drawning that limit me the idea that i want to do. It's really painful to be imaginatif but to not have the skill of drawning like you want.
(SMM is actually a good thing for me. Since it's really simple to make your level, in my opinion.)
X3 Intro stage.

Sounds good, except the only full version we have on youtube right now is the on with sound effects :ohwell:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Remember back in the day when some people thought we would get an announcement the day the ballot closed? Those were the times :)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
X3 Intro stage.

Sounds good, except the only full version we have on youtube right now is the on with sound effects :ohwell:
X3? Strange....I mean that it's not the most popular X game in the series. (It's even considered by some as the less good of the SNES trilogie. Even tough that it's still a better game than X7 and depending of your opinion, X6 too.)

But i have listen it and it sound great! :)

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Remember back in the day when some people thought we would get an announcement the day the ballot closed? Those were the times :)
Or when they thought we would get a Roy announcement at a Japanese only FE concert? Or Ryu at EVO? Or any character at any tourney?

We kind of suck at figuring out when things would be announced.

(At least most of us :p. I was right about all the points I said. And that's why I hold them so dearly. Not being correct about a character being revealed in 1.1.0? I don't recall that now :p)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Relevant.
image.jpg

This image is just truth himself. (Again)

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Or when they thought we would get a Roy announcement at a Japanese only FE concert? Or Ryu at EVO? Or any character at any tourney?

(At least most of us :p. I was right about all the points I said. And that's why I hold them so dearly. Not being correct about a character being revealed in 1.1.0? I don't recall that now :p)
We just expect Smash EVERYWHERE.

I remember that people were seriously speculating that we might have gotten a Zelda newcomer on the Hyrule Warriors Direct or atleast Ganondorf during then (we did but it wasn't the one in Smash.)

Hell, people expected Inklings in Smash during a Splatoon direct (They were right but we're still wrong)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I only ended up going to Lisbon because I ran out of money haha. But next time I return to Europe Portugal is the first place I want to go! When that happens I'll come to you for advice!!
I've been to Lisbon plenty of times. Mainly because some of my family members live there or near there.

Lisbon may have a lot to see (it's the biggest Portuguese city, after all), but there are a lot more places worthy of visiting. You can count on me for any advice in case you want to visit the country again as I've been to nearly all of its regions.

People see Smash in everything, even when it's not there. :p

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

"Kind of" is putting it nicely. :laugh:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
By the way, i am the only one here who is excited when a character is annouced. Not because of the gameplay or their popularity. But more because of the potential that person that make Smash machinima could do with those character? No? I am the only one here that think that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom