• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Are you watching the Japanese sub? I don't really recall that.
They do say damn and hell in the Japanese version, but not MF.
ENGLISH DUB. Not the best VA I've ever seen, I think I'll watch the subs.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Only from the waist up in that pic. I hate it when shorts are purposely cut so short that the pockets hang out. I mean I'm from Georgia, the land of daisy dukes, but at least most who wear them don't have their pockets hanging out.
Nah, those hot pants be the bomb, too

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Okay, did further testing. In fact, Luma cannot attack when Rosalina is grabbed. 1.1.1 re-introduced that, but 1.1.2 removed once more.

Here's what I did: went to training mode and picked Rosalina. Set damage to 999% and have the AI grab me. Tried inputting moves and Luma didn't move.

At first, I had thought it was placebo, but now I can say for sure this got changed.
No. No it didn't.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Okay, this is odd. Did even more testing with Rosalina.

It seems like when Rosalina is grabbed, Luma gets into the range of the pummel, explaining why I couldn't move Luma as the AI bashed me.

Basically, Luma gets hit by pummels becoming stunned, but if you stop attacking, Luma can move.

And I thought for a while they had removed Luma's ability to attack when Rosalina is grabbed.

I don't get why they changed this. It seems kinda unfair for all other characters.

Seems like I was mistaken. My apologies.

Last edited:
Hi I was just browsing around here as a lurker right now while I do homework inbetween stuff.

Why the tag for me though here?
Poking lurkers is fun :p
Plus kindred means good taste. Some of these people need some in their lives ;)

sometimes the internet is fun
"wicked witch of the witness stand" eh?
(loving the B/W praise in any fashion)

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Nah, those hot pants be the bomb, too

That makes me cringe and laugh at the same time....there was more cringing, though.

But I digress. I'm not gonna judge you or your horrible taste. You're free to love terrible fashion and I'm free to have a preference for more refined and exquisite clothing trends (like booty shorts). Let's just accept our differences in quality taste.

#TotallyNotJudgingYou

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Some subbers translate differently. I remember watching Kamen Rider Wizard at middle school and Saiko was translated as FABULOUS! despite it meaning something different
Some fansubs are a little too creative that sometimes give a different connotation to what is actually being said.

And guys, forget I said anything about Rosalina and the new patch. This is what happens when I play while I'm sleepy and tired as ****. I start imagining things.

Made myself such a fool right now... :facepalm:

Though it's always a reminder about how important it is to think for yourself and not trust the word of a random internet stranger...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Some fansubs are a little too creative that sometimes give a different connotation to what is actually being said.

And guys, forget I said anything about Rosalina and the new patch. This is what happens when I play while I'm sleepy and tired as ****. I start imagining things.

Made myself such a fool right now... :facepalm:

Though it's always a reminder about how important it is to think for yourself and not trust the word of a random internet stranger...
Everyone in my class laughed their ass off. 'SHUT UP GUYS IT'S BEEN SUBBED WRONG'Only when we graduated did they stop mocking me. Doesn't help Wizard had the first LGBT rider. Bleh

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Wait a tic. Blue saw the English dub the other day and a joke went to far. Maybe you watched something fanmade?

Someone needs to tweet YCG something 'Why did you ask for Nintendo exclusive suggestions if you had the amiibo? Is more on the way?'
Nope, watched it on my DVR. And it was also on the Disney Channel so that's a plus.
Like they beeped it out of did they say an entirely different word?
It was clearly MF beeped out, lypsyncing and timeing.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Pretty sure I'm the only one who likes the male Inkling. Splatoon would not be as big as it is if it weren't for the female one though.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah fantranslators can take the swearing too far. (especially in manga)
Yep, pretty much. Fan translations sometimes have questionable quality. Whenever I read manga fan translations, I'm sometimes a bit skeptical.

And I'm nearly falling asleep at my computer... I shouldn't even be posting now given I already posted blatant misinformation about the latest patch.

I'll see you guys later...

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Pretty sure I'm the only one who likes the male Inkling. Splatoon would not be as big as it is if it weren't for the female one though.
rule number 37 of the internet
if you have to say "am i the only one" or a variant the answer is no

Chrono.

I think the male Inkling looks aight.

I do think they dropped the ball on no custom hairdos though.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
And there's my view on the game. Still better than Battlefield: Star Wars edition though.
Everything is better than anything crapped out by modern day DICE.

They haven't made any game worth a damn and looked well since Battlefield Bad Company 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom