• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I still don't get why Dark Dive is substantially weaker than Falcon Dive when Ganondorf is meant to be the stronger of the two.

Falcon Dive: 17% total damage, knockback that can KO reliably before 200%
Dark Dive: 11% total damage, weak knock back that is still kinda weak after 200%

Really strange design choice for this move when Ganondorf is stronger overall than Falcon (and, really, the entire cast). So much for being the bearer of the Triforce of Power...

Well, I guess this could be buffed in a patch. I remember his down Smash was also subpar compared to the rest of his moves and eventually got a much needed buff. Hopefully, Dark Dive gets a buff to match the power of the Evil King.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I almost always go male. It just feels natural to me. In some cases, I do have female characters, but that mostly depends on what the game offers and such. Like in Monster Hunter, there's really no point to do 2 Male characters or 2 Female characters since the armor is always the same for that gender and you can already switch between weapons. Nothing will ever be different for making a second Male or Female character. The only cosmetic change is armor design changing between genders. The only real reason to do a second Male or Female character is to speedrun through the story again or to go through the hardship of going through Low-Rank to G-rank again.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Even then, that's not saying much considering Robin is essentially a self-insert that gets along well with everyone and has little flaws while Chrom is your run-of-the-mill lord who wants to help people by endangering himself by fighting ruffians. Personally, I thought the Future Past DLCs gave Lucina a bit more depth than what was shown in the main story.

I'd say Lucina is the most interesting of the 3DS protagonists since Kamui and Azura manage to be more flatter than Chrom and Robin.
Really? Well if so there goes a lot of my interest for FE14.

"Starts waiting for a Gaiden/Jugdral remake or a HD remastered Tellius"

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
They're obviously delaying Incredibles 2 just in time for Smash Bros 5, duh.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Damn, even I'm less flat lol
Highly doubt it tbh
I still don't get why Dark Dive is substantially weaker than Falcon Dive when Ganondorf is meant to be the stronger of the two.

Dark Dive: 11% total damage, weak knock back that is still kinda weak after 200%

Really strange design choice for this move when Ganondorf is stronger overall than Falcon (and, really, the entire cast). So much for being the bearer of the Triforce of Power...

Well, I guess this could be buffed in a patch. I remember his down Smash was also subpar compared to the rest of his moves and eventually got a much needed buff. Hopefully, Dark Dive gets a buff to match the power of the Evil King.
Probably because of the uppercut he throws at the end of the move

Chrono.

Dark Dive is probably the worst move in the game.

Two Fists on the other hand...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'm actually happy Toy Story 4 got delayed. It shows that they want to take their time with it. I'm still iffy on the movie existing as a whole though. Toy Story 3 was the perfect ending for the series.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The Y Nuzlocke I just beat was actually the first time I chose a male character since Gen IV. Even then, I named "him" Rachel.

I go both ways, unless some other factor (usually nostalgia for Pokemon or trying new things in Splatoon) exists. The only time I ever actually think about it is when my niece (raised on princess/"girly" stuff only) watches me play, and says "girls aren't supposed to pick boys" and vice-versa.

D

Deleted member

These days, Nintendo is making it obvious they want you to pick the female avatar
The terrible waifu options in Fates, the ****ty male clothes options in XY and that disgusting hairstyle on the Male Inkling

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Naoshi

Yacht Club Games updated their whole retail situation.
Microsoft's policy is what caused the XB1 physical version to be cancelled? I wonder what was it that wasn't agreeable with the policy.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I've been playing a lot of Mario Maker lately. Amazing game, as most of you probably know. I got to thinking, you know how in the original Super Mario World, after clearing the Special Zone, the game's palette would change to that of Fall/Halloween (Koopa's wore Mario masks, Piranha plants were Jack-O-Lantern's, the overworld map was brown, etc) ? If you don't know what I'm talking about, just check out S Strofirko 's avatar and signature or check Google, such a cool Easter Egg for the game.

Anyhow, does anyone think (or hope) that Nintendo does something like this for Mario Maker either just for Halloween time or as permanent DLC?

While I'd like it to be used at any point, I think it would make it more special if it was only available for a limited time. Either way, since Nintendo added so many little things to the game, I don't think it's too far-fetched to imagine them acknowledging this gem from SMW.
Someone recognized them,noice.
I also miss these props.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

If only Dark Fists was the default.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I have now switched sides and joined the "I'm hopeful that Cars 3 will be decent enough". I honestly think that it can serve as an opportunity for the writers at Pixar to understand Cars 2's major criticisms and focus on a plot that focuses on something new for the series while making the characters tolerable. Even though I will continue to slam Cars 2 for being nothing more than a cash grab, the original was pretty decent (it definitely had a better plot than Brave) and the series should mainly be criticized for its high merchandise being made.

/end rant

Naoshi

These days, Nintendo is making it obvious they want you to pick the female avatar
The terrible waifu options in Fates, the ****ty male clothes options in XY and that disgusting hairstyle on the Male Inkling
I actually like the male inkling hair style. It grew on me after a while.

But I agree with the male clothing option in XY being a disappointment.

Maybe that Parity clause?
What's Parity clause exactly about?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, I gave enough strength giving equipment to Roy so the Attack stat hits 200.

A fully charged Flare Blade will deal 100% damage. Such insanity.

Dark Dive is probably the worst move in the game.

Two Fists on the other hand...
Dark Fists is much better because it hits like most of Ganondorf's moves. Dark Dive has the benefits of being a grab, thus functioning quite differently. It sure wouldn't hurt if it had power to match with the rest of Ganondorf's moveset.

I mean, the move itself is badass. Ganondorf blasts the foe with thunder magic and then sends them away with an explosion.

Probably because of the uppercut he throws at the end of the move
The uppercut isn't all that strong either and, once again, outclassed by Dark Fists.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The Male Inkling design isn't even that bad. People be exaggerating.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I really wanted to play Shovel Knight when I heard about the physical release version but I'm hoping the Vita version isn't cancelled.

>Xbone version is cancelled
Between this and no 360 version makes me believe that YCG games really doesn't like working with MS THAT much

You want to know what my favorite counter-argument is?
"What are you the *insert person of power here*" over having an opinion on something. because it implies you have to have inside info to have that opinion. Yet to have the opposite opinion you don't. And i love the irony :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still don't understand the order of the upcoming Pixar films.

Toy Story had the third film in 2010 (which had an amazing ending that could've concluded the series) and been greeted with countless spinoffs, shorts, and TV specials since then.
The whole Cars name isn't well received beyond their toy line and they had their 2nd film in 2011 and two low quality theater spin-offs not long after (one of which was last year).

The Incredibles came out in 2004 and you're telling me I have to wait until ****ing 2019 (15 years) just for the HIGHLY ANTICIPATED 2ND film??!!

All I smell is a sad excuse to milk Toy Story & Cars with toys lines and product placement as soon as possible.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen CONFOUND YOU

Our little mention of RWBY the other day made me marathon Season 1 and 2.

Now I only want Moar

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Male Inkling's hairstyle is pretty cool imo.
I really wish Splatoon had hairstyles though...

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
>Xbone version is cancelled
Between this and no 360 version makes me believe that YCG games really doesn't like working with MS THAT much
Not sure what the policy is but I've heard that MS can be difficult to work with.

I already played SK but I'm considering double-dipping. It's a very well crafted, original game (although the retro aesthetic belies that).

EDIT: Xbone physical edition is probably cancelled because MS requres a higher minimum amount of copies to be shipped. From another indie dev who did a physical version of their game.

Last edited:

Naoshi

I have yet to play Shovel Knight, but I own it on Steam. I should reallly get to it already, man.

But I should play Undertale first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom