• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm not sure how the whole DLC contract would go but I suppose if they wanted to and had a bit of time, I suppose Sakurai would prioritise easier to develop characters then which may or may not include Wolf, I'm not sure.....

Then again, they may also balance it on that if they wish to release like three characters per wave on a timely manner. It depends on if they are also looking for other things via the ballot I suppose....

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
When given the choice, I always pick the female protagonist.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
By this point, I seriously just want a character. Bonus points if it's Wolf, but it's been a year without him, so I'm at the point where I can accept if he doesn't return.

Still weird to have a Wolf Flash custom for Fox and the Brawl Lylat Cruise conversations... That lingering presence of Wolf in this game... Perhaps, it's those things that make me want Wolf to return.

I'm not sure how the whole DLC contract would go but I suppose if they wanted to and had a bit of time, I suppose Sakurai would prioritise easier to develop characters then which may or may not include Wolf, I'm not sure.....

Then again, they may also balance it on that if they wish to release like three characters per wave on a timely manner. It depends on if they are also looking for other things via the ballot I suppose....
Well, Lucas and Roy are more similar to Ness and Marth than Wolf is to Fox... They have some identical animations as them, most notably Lucas, who didn't have any shared animations back in Brawl.

Off-topic, but your sig really takes me back to my childhood. I remember watching Medabots as a kid.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well, Lucas and Roy are more similar to Ness and Marth than Wolf is to Fox... They have some identical animations as them, most notably Lucas, who didn't have any shared animations back in Brawl.

Off-topic, but your sig really takes me back to my childhood. I remember watching Medabots as a kid.
Yeah, though I would imagine them probably using Fox as a base structure in order to recreate Wolf. At least I would imagine that would probably help speed up the process a little since they apparently did a similar thing with Lucas and Roy. I think Fox also had a custom move or two that Wolf used to have as well.

Same, I kinda went back through memory lane when I found out the RPG game became available for Wii U virtual console. ^^

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
That's not his waifu. It's just that Lucina is only known for being someone's waifu. She's waifu-bait.

And the only reason I play her is because she has Tiki's color scheme and that's my waifu
Yeah, no one just likes Lucina for the character she is.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'll go both ways (heh) with any gender but Male will always be my first choice.

"But aren't you self-inserting yourself in the game"

You mean you don't self insert in ROLE-PLAYING GAMES?

That's mostly what those games design to do. Even if you play either gender. It's only considered bad if you do it outside of video games.

Remember this photo for reference, by and for the Robin Social Thread:

I love how people can't tell when it's joke. I know why people like Lucina but she DOES attract that crowd. Although most people do any character.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Me too.
Especially in Saints Row given one of the female voice options is a saucy and demented Laura Bailey.
Nah man, Lucina only exists to appease weebs and isn't a great character on her own or anything.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't mind playing as female protagonists, either.

In other news, Lauren's full name is Lauren Matsuda.
Laura, not Lauren.

And she shares a family name with SF3 character Sean Matsuda, also from Brazil, which implies she's related to him somehow. The family name is undoubtedly Japanese, though. There are plenty of Brazilians with Japanese ancestry IRL, so it's not too far fetched.

Guess I am no one. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
In games where you're given what is essentially an avatar that can be either gender (Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, GTA Online, FE:A, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Mass Effect, and so on and on and on), I always go with a straight, white male because I prefer to identify with the character. I don't "role play" in these games so much. I make my character and decisions a projection of myself that is adapted to the circumstances of the gameplay.

That said, I equally enjoy games with a specific protagonist that you can't customize (or name, usually), where I play as a different gender, race, or sexual orientation. But when you design the protagonist in a game, I always choose to base them off of myself.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'll go both ways (heh) with any gender but Male will always be my first choice.

"But aren't you self-inserting yourself in the game"

You mean you don't self insert in ROLE-PLAYING GAMES?

That's mostly what those games design to do. Even if you play either gender. It's only considered bad if you do it outside of video games.
I don't self-insert. Why would I play a bearded 6'5" viking barbarian? I'm that already.

Me too.
Especially in Saints Row given one of the female voice options is a saucy and demented Laura Bailey.
Take a small example, take a t-t-t-t-t-t-tip from me
Take all of your money give it all to charithahahahaha

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Wolf IMO is not happening .I really think all this shoo-in talk has gotten in people heads. Really after Lucas/ryu/Roy. After wave 3.after wave 4.I can't see him happening at this point were more likely to get 2 newcomers than wolf and would bring in more money

I tend to pick the dude first. Unless the female is really hot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
kidding. I occasionally **** around (heh) as the female in games like Fable but usually I prefer the male character because. . well. . i'm not a chick..

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Playing as Ganondorf against a Lv9 CPU Mario.

Flame Choke (ground) -> Down tilt -> Dash attack -> Dark Dive (grab) = Total damage: 50% in a few seconds

This is why Ganondorf is so fun to play as. >:)

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't self-insert. Why would I play a bearded 6'5" viking barbarian? I'm that already.

Take a small example, take a t-t-t-t-t-t-tip from me
Take all of your money give it all to charithahahahaha
Because want to play as a 6'1 big black guy who can save the universe from eminent danger, design my playstyle around my favorites and have adventures.

Also have romantic charisma. Because reasons. But nobody has to do it. It's just my choice. I can easily go as a red haired sassy woman who don't need no man

D

Deleted member

I always go based on the avatar's design
For example, in Pokemon, in BW and HGSS, I always go with the male trainers because the female trainers design suck in these game
But in B2W2 and XY, I go with the female trainer because lol at that hair and the female clothing options are naturally better in XY

Unless it's basically the same like in Awakening and Fates, then I go based on who I want to S-Support with

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Depends on the game.

Ignoring FE13 as a whole, Lucina is the most interesting/developed out of the three main protagonists.

At the very least though, her fanbase doesn't weird me out.

INB4 they coincidentally have the same name and have no relation :troll:
My money is on sister. Although being a daughter would be awesome to me for some reason. (I understand it's impossible)

Kind of want Blanka and Lara to team up to fight Sean and Ken now. . .

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
With games like Pokemon I tend to switch around from time to time in terms of male or female player.

Professor Oak must hate me......

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I tend to choose female.
I've never been one to insert myself into games.

The main factor in me choosing female is that between the choices of a sweaty, relatively attractive female (who's probably scantily clad) and a sweaty, burly-burly man-man I simply prefer the former by far.

I only go male when the female design is terrible, gameplay is gender locked, and/or if story changes depending on gender.

edit:
With games like Pokemon I tend to switch around from time to time in terms of male or female player.

Professor Oak must hate me......
Politically correct pokemon
Oak: are you a...
  • Boy
  • Girl
  • Whatever you want to be honaaaayyyyy

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Ignoring FE13 as a whole, Lucina is the most interesting/developed out of the three main protagonists.
Even then, that's not saying much considering Robin is essentially a self-insert that gets along well with everyone and has little flaws while Chrom is your run-of-the-mill lord who wants to help people by endangering himself by fighting ruffians. Personally, I thought the Future Past DLCs gave Lucina a bit more depth than what was shown in the main story.

I'd say Lucina is the most interesting of the 3DS protagonists since Kamui and Azura manage to be more flatter than Chrom and Robin.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Vaanrose confirmed to be Werster?

I go with the male, but I went as Kris in my first playthrough of Crystal back in the day.
She was a new addition and I liked her blue coloration.
Still peeved about her getting replaced in HG/SS. (seriously, why? There was no reason to do so)

I played as Ethan in Crystal many years later, but part of it just...doesn't feel right.

----

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
People missed the Pieri gif that much? Damn. I know I spammed the **** out of it but still
Take all of your money give it all to Anna
Listen to vaanrose guys!
Also, AntMan's getting sequels? Oh **** yes. Best Marvel movie getting sequels is never a bad thing. Now...Can we have a good Ghost Rider movie? I like him...
I'd say Lucina is the most interesting of the 3DS protagonists since Kamui and Azura manage to be more flatter than Chrom and Robin.
Damn, even I'm less flat lol

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211