• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I saw people being pessimistic about Wolf. I have one question. What possible reason is there not to bring Wolf back? Especially because Wolf's certainly got a lot of votes
Same reason as he was during development in the game and the tail end of Brawl's development.

Low Priority. Remember Wolf is a pretty simple character to make despite being a semi-clone.

Plus let's be honest and truthful, he wasn't well liked the early days of Brawl's lifespan

I saw people being pessimistic about Wolf. I have one question. What possible reason is there not to bring Wolf back? Especially because Wolf's certainly got a lot of votes
Maybe sakurai doesn't want anymore "clone-like" characters as DLC
maybe he doesn't want dlc to be primarily veterans
maybe he is just plain low priority

There are any number of reasons. We just have no idea what Sakurai and his team are thinking.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Same reason as he was during development in the game and the tail end of Brawl's development.

Low Priority. Remember Wolf is a pretty simple character to make despite being a semi-clone.

Plus let's be honest and truthful, he wasn't well liked the early days of Brawl's lifespan
If he's heavily requested and easy to make, why would he be low priority? If anything, it's the best way to make money with the DLC as less production costs are made but you'll still get profit from it

Chrono.

The one thing that makes me think Wolf will be back is that he's pretty much easy money.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Maybe sakurai doesn't want anymore "clone-like" characters as DLC
maybe he doesn't want dlc to be primarily veterans
maybe he is just plain low priority

There are any number of reasons. We just have no idea what Sakurai and his team are thinking.
If he didn't want DLC to be veterans he wouldn't do 3 veterans. ****, Melee getting 2 veterans being made from the ground up and Brawl having 1 veteran who was easy to make isn't an excuse.
Looks like Hideo Kojima himself knows of Jibanyan:
It's an old tweet.
Jibanyan and Snake confirmed for Smash!
Kojima is a Kamen Rider fan. Gaim confirmed

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Guys, he was definitely kidding about Ridley.

I can see how ya'll would take that seriously looking back at my posts. Don't blame @Burb for that one.

I was just mentioning on the offhand how due to Roger's comments, Ridley would fit the criteria. My buddy was mentioning that due to my pestering of him last year about it.

My guy is sticking to Inkling.

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Justice for All has some rather weird cases - especially Turnabout Big Top. The 4th case is one of the best though - the Chocolate Milk (lel) reveal.

:231:
Yeah, Turnabout Big Top had me stuck in JFA for like a year. Then I finally got to Farewell, My Turnabout and was so mad at myself for taking so long to get to it. :p JFA is possibly my least favorite games overall in the series (as far as 1-3 and Apollo Justice go, since I haven't played the others yet), but that case is one of my absolute favorites.

I've been meaning to replay that series for ages and I keep failing to get around to it. I also have had AAI literally since release date and somehow have not gotten around to playing that one yet...my game queue is ridiculous at this point.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
If he's heavily requested and easy to make, why would he be low priority? If anything, it's the best way to make money with the DLC as less production costs are made but you'll still get profit from it
Well I'm talking about pre-launch of Smash 4. He was always considered low priority considering he barely made it in Brawl thanks to Sonic delaying the game.

Plus most his request weren't as big as Mewtwo and Lucas. Roy is another story and the same boat as Mewtwo but his requests were probably a lot bigger in Japan than anywhere else.

We're not in those early days of Brawl's lifespan anymore.
You and me know things change.

The day Pitto gets cut and people will beg for him back. The Wolf fanbase is just much bigger but isn't as big as Mewtwo's.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well I'm talking about pre-launch of Smash 4. He was always considered low priority considering he barely made it in Brawl thanks to Sonic delaying the game.

Plus most his request weren't as big as Mewtwo and Lucas. Roy is another story and the same boat as Mewtwo but his requests were probably a lot bigger in Japan than anywhere else.

You and me know things change.

The day Pitto gets cut and people will beg for him back. The Wolf fanbase is just much bigger but isn't as big as Mewtwo's.
You know who else was low priority in Brawl? Toon Link. Who got inSmash 4? Toon Link. Not knocking him but you know what I mean

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You know who else was low priority in Brawl? Toon Link. Who got inSmash 4? Toon Link. Not knocking him but you know what I mean
Yeah but look my issue that if Sakurai has more priority to put Toon Link back in and Wolf didn't make it back just shows me that he really doesn't think of Wolf that highly as the fans do but if he gets back in, I believe he might really considering not forgetting him again

Toon Link was?
The final 4 was never liked when Brawl was first leaked.

Toon Link and Wolf got flak for being clones, Lucario because the dumb fanbase though he replaced Mewtwo and was a Mewtwo clone and ROB

Poor, poor ROB.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I think people are worried that Sakurai might not want to "waste" a ballot character on a veteran, especially one that isn't fully unique, and most people believe it's ballot characters from here on out.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I know I'll want Dark Pit back if he's cut. I don't care what the others think about him.

I supported his inclusion in Smash 4 and I'll do so again in the future if needed.

Given that he barely has any changes from Pit, he could at the very least return as an alt for him. Then again, Sakurai disliked the idea of him using the same Final Smash as Pit, giving him the Dark Pit Staff instead, which itself is a reskin of Zelda's Light Arrow.

Of all Smash characters in the franchise's history, he's the character that likely had the least amount of resources put into.

I think that, should Lucina return, she'll get come overhauls like previous clones to better resemble how she fights in Awakening (as also seen in her Smash trailer), with likely changes to some attacks and her idle animation while still remaining a Marth derivative with no tippers.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I think people are worried that Sakurai might not want to "waste" a ballot character on a veteran, especially one that isn't fully unique, and most people believe it's ballot characters from here on out.
In that case he wouldn't bother bringing Roy back, who was brought back because Melee fans liked him, like Mewtwo

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Thanks for reminding me.

Here's a better view of the stage and Not!Alex

Aside from the green pants and blond hair, he has no resemblance to Alex at all.

Even if that guy was Alex, I guess he could be Alfonzo'd or simply removed from the background.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I love it when we make up reasons for why characters who are deemed likely can't be in.

Wolf has a few problems. Sakurai thinking he isn't worth it or liking him less isn't one.

Chrono.

Aside from the green pants and blond hair, he has no resemblance to Alex at all.

Even if that guy was Alex, I guess he could be Alfonzo'd or simply removed from the background.
I agree.

It's just funny people are freaking out about it even though numerous playable characters were cameo in stages in SF4, and R Mika cameos in the recently revealed Russia stage lol

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
In that case he wouldn't bother bringing Roy back, who was brought back because Melee fans liked him, like Mewtwo
Roy wasn't a ballot character. I think you completely missed my point.
Who's to say they're done with pre-ballot?
Sakurai made it sound that way in one of his comments, you could argue that that's not what he meant, but many people believe it is.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Roy wasn't a ballot character. I think you completely missed my point.

Sakurai made it sound that way in one of his comments, you could argue that that's not what he meant, but many people believe it is.
Except here's the thing. Why have Roy, someone who has to be built from the ground up and is less popular, become preballot instead of Wolf? It doesn't make any sense

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
*chants* Jibanyan! - Jibanyan!

Gosh, totally hoping for this character to come to smash. His design is just too adorable.
I also have a huge weakness for cats and japanese folklore. Also he is just so adorable, which I might have already said.

Also, they really want this game to do really good overseas. Can't wait until the game releases.

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice

He's also wearing a red headband and is buff as hell. That really looks like Alex to me.

Granted, I do think he'll be Alfonso'd. Capcom has done stuff like that before. Tron Bonne is a background character and playable fighter in MVC3, and Hugo is in the background of a SF4 stage.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Business wise, there are none.

Now, philosophy wise....

:231:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Reasons for Wolf: people have been expecting him since the game was announce.
"easy money or development"
Highly requested / cut veteran

Reasons against Wolf: he's never been announced, despite people assuming he's a shoo-in since day 1.
The amount of content that we KNOW is coming out from June to December is limited. Based on the data slots it's 3 characters and maybe? 3 stages. Mii Fighter Costumes are a given. Maybe there's more? We don't know 100%. Again what we know is coming.

From December to June 2015 we had waaay more characters, stages, modes, balance and bug fixes.

It makes a lot more sense to have the easier characters in the first 6 months as they were still finishing the game. I think we are done with the easy to develop characters.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Except here's the thing. Why have Roy, someone who has to be built from the ground up and is less popular, become preballot instead of Wolf? It doesn't make any sense
Roy was chosen as the cut Melee representive. Lucas is the cut Brawl representive. That's how they presented them at least. Business why it makes sense to cover all your bases as not everyone liked Brawl.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Neither was R.O.B.
Like Istated before, none of the Final 4 from Brawl was ever liked.

NONE
:wolf::toonlink:got flak for being clones
:lucario:got flak for people thinking he was a Mewtwo clone and his replacement (which was stupid)
And :rob:just got hell because people thought he was a waste of space and he held back other characters from getting in.

Sounds familiar doesn't it?
:4bowserjr::4darkpit::4drmario::4duckhunt:

Mewtwo. Mewtwo was a cut Melee representative too. Brawl had higher review scores and sales so there goes that argument
Higher review scores does not inherently mean not everyone liked brawl. As someone who prefers melee to Brawl I concur.

Let's not forget a game can be critically acclaimed but hated by gamers

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Like Istated before, none of the Final 4 from Brawl was ever liked.

NONE
:wolf::toonlink:got flak for being clones
:lucario:got flak for people thinking he was a Mewtwo clone and his replacement (which was stupid)
And :rob:just got hell because people thought he was a waste of space and he held back other characters from getting in.

Sounds familiar doesn't it?
:4bowserjr::4darkpit::4drmario::4duckhunt:
Bowser Jr has been very positively received though. If you're speaking newcomers, replace Doc for Shulk

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Speaking of that, I've heard that if you wait until the Splatfest starts, it will make your save work again since it clears out your entire plaza.

That's what I've been hearing anyway :p
It does work, but at the time the "scare" began, we had no idea when the next Splatfest would even be.

For all those still avoiding the game, the main culprit has been banned by now, btw.

http://squidboards.com/threads/psa-octoling-hacker-kazuki23650214-found-banned.9213/

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
People are reading too much into the whole "Roy returns from Melee and Lucas returns from Brawl" segment. Whilst a possible theory, the idea that Sakurai would pick those as the Melee veteran and Brawl veteran respectively is just that, a theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom