• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
What is it with all these antagonist posts from you? It's gotta be a witch hunt with some people, hasn't it? There's always got to be a villain.

I have never said that SK is happening. I just reported on something I heard. Big difference. Can we not call it a leak as well? Because it's not. It's just some rumour right now.
Don't you just love the smash community? I don't know why I keep coming back here either when they just rip everyone apart especially people like you who are just trying to report rumors.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It's surprising to see Ice Climbers running behind the Inklings and Wolf (Even running ahead of King K. Rool on the occasion) at such a steady pace even now
That is some hardcore devotion right there. :drshrug:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
New York confirmed.

Some people think Alex is the guy fixing the car lol
Alex HAS to be one of the last returning fighters. That NYC thing is something that's dedicated to him thanks to SF3

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
At this point not bringing Wolf back would be a unwise choice by Sakurai and team because he is aware of the firestorm caused by fan outrage not only that but Nintendo would be missing out on what is more than likely a easy profit.
People said the exact same thing about not including him in the first place. They got over it. They'll get over it again. The "outrage" will not really affect Nintendo much. Also, there are a LOT of people who would rather have an original character than another veteran, so it wouldn't really be that bad of a choice to not include him.

Chrono.

Also Ono has more tricks up his sleeve
We'll see in a couple of hours. (It's likely the colored version of the Ryu statue, who knows)

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Eh... I think I'm finally going to say it, but the reason I don't really believe the new character in two weeks rumor is due to
personal bias.
I know. Shocking.

As a person who tries to stay in the middle when it comes to Smash Bros and say he doesn't know who he wants, I have become very fond of Shovel Knight. Almost to the point to where I WANT him in Smash.

This might not seem crazy to people since others want characters as well, but I never really grew up with Nintendo to get a certain nostalgic feel from them. So there are barely any characters that I want. With Shovel Knight, he's really the first character that I truly want. I'm hype for the retail release, and I feel like supporting Yacht Club Games as much as I can. Plus the music is very good O_O.

So... this is a somewhat turning point for me.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Alex HAS to be one of the last returning fighters. That NYC thing is something that's dedicated to him thanks to SF3
I think he'll be one of the first DLC fighters and that's it.

Not to mention I don't think they'll add another grappler to the initial 16, he'd bump up the number to 4.

mark welford

Smash Ace
People said the exact same thing about not including him in the first place. They got over it. They'll get over it again. The "outrage" will not really affect Nintendo much. Also, there are a LOT of people who would rather have an original character than another veteran, so it wouldn't really be that bad of a choice to not include him.
You may be right but like I said in a prior post there's a profit in it and the key term there is profit and a profit means money sure that profit could easily come off a newcomer but Sakurai I believe is a guy who likes to please his fans and he is aware of fan support and fan outrage as I stated before because everything isn't about profit some things hold sentimental value and Wolf happens to hold that to his fans just as Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy to their fans. And I believe just like many others that it's a matter of time before Wolf shows up again.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The results for @BluePikmin11's Individual Character Polls are in! Huge thanks to @Logo12 for helping with the data!!

Go check them out!

Let's see....

K. Rool and Dixie have the largest number of 1s in the Top 10 list. Hmm... K. Rool got pulled down to 6th despite having the largest number of 5s in the poll.
The highest 5s (Do Want) are K. Rool, Inkling, Wolf, ICs and Isaac. (No surprises here)
The highest 1s (Do NOT Want) are Jumpman (lel), Metal Mario, Plum, Baby Mario and Dixie+Diddy
The highest 3s (Ambivalence) are Elma, Cross, Melia, Fiora and Reyn (ALL Xenoblade characters - something is fishy here. :laugh:)

I'm impressed Tingle and Waluigi scored so high on the poll. So much for being hated characters.

:231:

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hold up - I've been away for a while. Did people really get mad at Push for not putting Wolf on his predictions list?

What's pretty funny about the whole thing is that a large part of it came from our Source Gaming Podcast, where I was the one that really went out my way to say that Wolf wasn't a guarantee. Push just kind of agreed with me but ended up getting a lot of fall out from it.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Let's see....

K. Rool and Dixie have the largest number of 1s in the Top 10 list. Hmm... K. Rool got pulled down to 6th despite having the largest number of 5s in the poll.
The highest 5s (Do Want) are K. Rool, Inkling, Wolf, ICs and Isaac. (No surprises here)
The highest 1s (Do NOT Want) are Jumpman (lel), Metal Mario, Plum, Baby Mario and Dixie+Diddy
The highest 3s (Ambivalence) are Elma, Cross, Melia, Fiora and Reyn (ALL Xenoblade characters - something is fishy here. :laugh:)

I'm impressed Tingle and Waluigi scored so high on the poll. So much being hated characters.

That's pretty interesting!
What's pretty funny about the whole thing is that a large part of it came from our Source Gaming Podcast, where I was the one that really went out my way to say that Wolf wasn't a guarantee. Push just kind of agreed with me but ended up getting a lot of fall out from it.
Yeah, it was kind of funny (in some weird way). I think it's because in the end you included him in your prediction list, while I didn't. That's what set people off.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If Shovel Knight does come (I still don't buy it) then I hope that he isn't announced until I've played the game, I think the game looks good and I'm looking forward to it so I don't want to be put off it before it's here. That, and if I enjoy it then at least it'll soften the blow of such a silly 3rd Party character being added because I'll understand him more.

Also new avatar.

MainJPW

M.T.A
It was suggested in the New Content stream that Roy was selected due to his status as a Melee cut, while Lucas was selected as a Brawl cut. Roy was easily the most requested Melee cut after Mewtwo and the Ice Climbers (who clearly weren't gonna happen due to hardware issues), so it's not really a mystery why he was chosen.

The whole thing makes more sense if you look at it as a "Lucas vs Wolf" thing rather than a "Roy vs Wolf" thing.
I here what you're saying, my point was that they didn't really have to make him a semi-clone as that would require more work especially with melee assets being too old to port, that's not the case with Lucas or Wolf.

I'm also aware of what was said in the New Content stream, but if you think deeper about what Sakurai has said in the past, as I've mentioned, he deplores cutting veterans. I remember Mewtwo and Roy of course having partial data in Brawl with Roy having a unique fan-fare and Mewtwo having a unique fan-fare and a wiimote selection sound, which is evidence enough that they were never meant to be cut at any point, but of course Subspace Emissary. With that I figured a bit of what Sakurai mentioned was PR.

Lucas didn't have the same process as Roy being easier to port, I honestly just can't see Lucas being a hindering factor but actually raising Wolfs chances of returning, here's why:

[THEORY TIME]

I thought back and remembered that Sakurai has mentioned that Smash 4's pre-development character roster had more character choices than the initial final game so I always figured that list more than likely had the cut Brawl veterans as well.

I had a little theory back when Lucas was revealed in April that him and Wolf may have been partially worked on early in the development cycle but of course were cut due to low priority/time constraints, if I'm correct and that's the case then Lucas may have been that much easier to bring back than Roy assuming he wasn't on that same list (of course we don't know unless Sakurai confirms this) that would in turn raise Wolfs chances of returning being just as easy to bring back, as it could be as easy as continuing work on unfinished data.

Overall Wolf could possibly be on the way, as for why he isn't back he could possibly have been aesthetically upgraded to tie in with Zero or he's simply being held off as a surprise, there's also that possibility he just isn't coming back, we just have to wait and see. I'm positive he's on the way but I also realize that he may not come back and I'm prepared to face that possibility shall it come true.

D

Deleted member

I'm surprised to see you here, Golden. :laugh:

I should be saying the same to you.

I'm here frequently (though less frequently the past few days).
Really, this is one of the only boards I frequent nowadays.

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
One of these days I gotta get around to trying a Mafia game. It's just I know jack about it and I'd end up being the weakest leak from the start.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
One of these days I gotta get around to trying a Mafia game. It's just I know jack about it and I'd end up being the weakest leak from the start.
Well, everyone starts somewhere. I've been playing Mafia games for over a year but I'm still not particularly good at it. I just play it for fun, not for glory.

D

Deleted member

Take it from me, it gets easier more times you play.

If you don't mind the occasional PTSD it can cause. :troll:

Case 4 of Justice for All is. . .complete. What a roller coaster of a case. Plus a better quote for my sig

now what the heck am I going to do? My 3ds can't even find an access point to get the trilogy and it's not like I can just find trials and tribulations. Off to the internet I guess. . .

Why are the prosecutors so cool in this series? gotta love that turnabout from "her." That 4th piece of evidence is avi material easily

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
You know, if they did make an amalgram of Isaac's designs in the hypothetical scenario where he is DLC, he'd probably look somewhat like this.

Probably with a beard as well.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Case 4 of Justice for All is. . .complete. What a roller coaster of a case. Plus a better quote for my sig

now what the heck am I going to do? My 3ds can't even find an access point to get the trilogy and it's not like I can just find trials and tribulations. Off to the internet I guess. . .

Why are the prosecutors so cool in this series? gotta love that turnabout from "her." That 4th piece of evidence is avi material easily
Do you have a smart phone? The trilogy is also on those. You can even just pay for only 3 itself rather than having to get 1 and 2 with it.
One of the few times I can compliment a mobile game.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Do you have a smart phone? The trilogy is also on those. You can even just pay for only 3 itself rather than having to get 1 and 2 with it.
I wouldn't bother with the iOS ports of the trilogy. Not only do they no longer work on newer versions of iOS but they were seriously sloppy ports. It's going to be extremely jarring going from DS to that.

On the other hand, I heard AA5 iOS is a fantastic port.

Also funny you guys mention 2-4. I'm at the final chapter of the case (on my 2nd replay of this game.)

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Take it from me, it gets easier more times you play.

If you don't mind the occasional PTSD it can cause. :troll:
I've always wanted to try mafia! There's probably more than a few people who wouldn't mind a chance at stabbing me, at the very least :skull:

I'll have to look around for one soon.

By the way, SlickWylde SlickWylde ... got a new MM stage for you, but you'll want to make sure your game pad is still under warranty. If Sheikah's Trial made you rage quit, 'Hate Boat' might make you pop a vein. Code later if interested!

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
You know, if they did make an amalgram of Isaac's designs in the hypothetical scenario where he is DLC, he'd probably look somewhat like this.

Probably with a beard as well.
If they were to use Isaac, I think they'd be better off just using his look from the first two games and Brawl.

I can barely afford instant noodles. I don't think I could afford a smart phone. . .

but in all seriousness I guess I have to look into it when I can
Hey wanna see a ****ed up ace attorney sprite?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Justice for All has some rather weird cases - especially Turnabout Big Top. The 4th case is one of the best though - the Chocolate Milk (lel) reveal.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

I can barely afford instant noodles. I don't think I could afford a smart phone. . .

but in all seriousness I guess I have to look into it when I can
Hey wanna see a ****ed up ace attorney sprite?
I reallllyyy wouldn't bother looking into the iOS version of AA1 to AA3. It's not worth ruining your first time experience with that poor port. Sloppy redone sprites, choppier animations, typos, bad font, misplaced music (esp Pearl's theme being absent in the whole trilogy port). Etc

I feel presentation is vital to the Ace Attorney games.

I'm seeing AA3 going for 10ish dollars on Amazon, assuming you live in the US.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I've always wanted to try mafia! There's probably more than a few people who wouldn't mind a chance at stabbing me, at the very least :skull:

I'll have to look around for one soon.

By the way, SlickWylde SlickWylde ... got a new MM stage for you, but you'll want to make sure your game pad is still under warranty. If Sheikah's Trial made you rage quit, 'Hate Boat' might make you pop a vein. Code later if interested!
Yeah send it in! Have you been working on a stage for the Spooky Mario Maker competition too? $20 Eshop card for first place, you shouuuuuuld!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom