• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
https://twitter.com/JamesPopStar/status/650072302378315776

So uh, I dunno if anyone noticed but...

The WayForward dev who posted the selfie of himself with Sakurai now has his Twitter account protected so it's impossible to view that tweet.

I'm not saying this means anything, but did anyone have a picture or archive of that tweet so we can keep it handy?
I know you said yourself that it doesn't mean anything, but I feel the need to re-iterate so anyone seeing this for the first time doesn't take it out of context:

That picture was actually taken months ago, and it's really not a big issue or evidence of anything whatsoever.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72598739

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I wasn't making an outlandish claim that I have insider info or anything. I'm saying that my friend and I have an acquaintance that is claiming he had info about it. I don't believe the guy at all, but I thought it was worth noting at least since that might be a thing that pops up. He's claiming he has documentation of it, so I want to see if he'll show me the "proof" that he claims he has. If he does, I'll share it here (unless it's an obvious fake in which I'll tell him it's obviously fake)

My friend is saying he's pretty sure the guy is being BSed, and I agree.
It's cool, dude. My buddy once told me the Duck Hunt dog would be in Smash and I didn't believe him, either.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I'm on mobile and kinda skimmed through the last 20 pages to catch up, but I see that there's something to do with another rumor? I'm sure it's already been asked a lot, but can anyone give me a rundown on the current state of things?

Also, are we still talking about Skull Kid in HW:L? Because that's pretty awesome. If we're getting more characters, I'd put my vote in for Saria, Linkle, Vaati, Groose, and a bit of an outside choice, Happy Mask Salesman. Someone said were only getting three more though? In that case, middle three seem most likely after Skull Kid took the Ocarina from Saria.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I'm on mobile and kinda skimmed through the last 20 pages to catch up, but I see that there's something to do with another rumor? I'm sure it's already been asked a lot, but can anyone give me a rundown on the current state of things?

Also, are we still talking about Skull Kid in HW:L? Because that's pretty awesome. If we're getting more characters, I'd put my vote in for Saria, Linkle, Vaati, Groose, and a bit of an outside choice, Happy Mask Salesman. Someone said were only getting three more though? In that case, middle three seem most likely after Skull Kid took the Ocarina from Saria.
i'd say vaati and groose are more likely. i think one more villain wouldn't be a bad idea, so vaati fits the bill. also skyward sword could use some representation and groose fits that spot as well. i'm becoming more and more convinced to buy this game and the wiiu version.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I know you said yourself that it doesn't mean anything, but I feel the need to re-iterate so anyone seeing this for the first time doesn't take it out of context:

That picture was actually taken months ago, and it's really not a big issue or evidence of anything whatsoever.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72598739
Before he protected his tweets, he said that people were reading too far into it and that he was just sharing a memory. He kept getting bombarded, so I feel kinda bad for him.

I think that if she were in and that's what their meeting was about, he wouldn't post a selfie with Sakurai and tag him in it. That's just really a bad idea.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Neo Zero Neo Zero PushDustIn PushDustIn if there's any Wolf stuff going on in that conversation could you please PM me about it?:sadeyes:
No. If we aren't allowed to share anything, then we won't. Sorry to be blunt about it but it's wouldn't be fair to everyone if we only told select people. Plus it'd break our trust.

That being said, we haven't heard anything yet. It's still up in the air for me, at least.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
No. If we aren't allowed to share anything, then we won't. Sorry to be blunt about it but it's wouldn't be fair to everyone if we only told select people. Plus it'd break our trust.

That being said, we haven't heard anything yet. It's still up in the air for me, at least.
But what if you told us that you DIDN'T know that you don't know that so-and-so is MAYBE NOT or MAYBE in the game that might involve smashing.

Ehhhhhh?

No but really, we get it. Sensitive stuff.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

Nintendo/Koei Tecmo said that more characters were coming after Toon Link's reveal; they didn't specify how many characters. People speculated that there would be 3 characters left based on the layout of the character selection screen. However that was before Skull Kid's announcement, so people believe there are now 2 left.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'm betting on Groose and Linkle for Hyrule Warriors: Legends.
I'm like 50/50 on Linkle, Groose is 75% for me. Skull Kid makes me believe the last ones will all be fan favorites.

I just hope they change her name in English.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I think the best we can hope for at the moment is that we'll be able to ascertain if we can trust their word. We're all skeptical for the most part at the moment, so even having that is a boon for us since we can then decide if the hints that have been dropped are worth paying attention to. If so, then we got a few ideas to work off of and make our own conclusions, if not, then there's nothing lost and we can go back to our usual pastime of watching and waiting.

Either way, it's better to know what we're putting our stock into rather then just making our best guess and hoping that we made the right call.

Ivander

Smash Legend
To be honest, I wouldn't mind Groose. But it just sounds a bit too predictable. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a rather goofy moveset like Tingle, but if that were the case, it sounds rather lacking and a bit unoriginal to have 2 goofy characters.
Also, I do hope that if she's in that it's not Linkle. I wouldn't mind if it was Linkelle since that rolls off the tongue and doesn't sound quite as weird.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

:ohwell: I just thought I'd ask.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Are you guys familiar with the Roseburg shootings?

Well, a while after that happened. A uni from my hometown got a bomb scare.

I just got a email at my current uni that classes are canceled due to a bomb scare they just received.

All these places are within two hours of each other.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

I just got a email at my current uni that classes are canceled due to a bomb scare they just received.

Shoot swamp.
Just stay safe and alert, dude. Don't really know what I can say other than that. You know we're here to chat if you need us.

Last edited:

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer

To second Dark Aura, be careful dude. Gonna show my age here, but I was in high school two years after Columbine, and some kid thought he'd be funny and threaten to shoot our whole school. It's scary stuff. Thankfully he was just being an arse (also thankfully he got expelled for it). Still, you can't be too careful.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So any new lea.....

In other news. I didn't expect Skull Kid to be playable for Hyrule Warrios. That said I still hope for Vaati.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
New "leak", huh? Well i hope that person doesn't take that too seriously, until we ge more believable info on them. Because if not.
tumblr_m6yr6dop3n1r1mi29o1_500.gif

This isn't going to go well.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
@Senselessbreak hey do you have the rap sheet of what Stealth has leaked before? I'm curious.
If you have one, can you either Pm it to us, or just post it here?
@Senselessbreak might have more info about Stealth, but since he's not online right now, I thought I'd repost stuff he said about Stealth earlier.
Earlier in the year, there was a private Nintendo event around the time of the release of Splatoon. Stealth was invited, along with other big Ninty fan names, such as Andre from GameXplain. Stealth made the claim that he was under NDA, but knew a lot of Splatoon stuff from the event, and gave the time when the NDA ended.
Just posting an example for reference.

https://twitter.com/stealth___/status/577939287989092352

Stealth posted on Mar 17th about an upcoming direct following a private Nintendo Splatoon event. We did get a direct on April 1st, and this Splatoon event was real, as Andre from GameXplain did flood us with videos shortly after the event and the NDA expired.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'm sorry, but over 600 posts and loads of pages and a very slow site for me... has anything noteworthy happend? :/

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Count Bleck should SO be a playable character in Smash.
I approve this comment.
ycC2ovl.png

#CountBleck4Smash

(But this isn't going to happen, right?:crying: Atleast he has a trophy in the game....)

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Do we got any Battlefront fans here? Beta starts tomorrow.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
When your roommate brings over a girl he likes and she flirts with you all night. :/

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well, things went silent shortly after I peaced out for a bit. Guessing no new information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom