• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
To be blatantly honest, I don't really believe these leaks in the slightest. The ONLY reason I'm in support of contacting them is to verify the information for possible future reference in case if it was true.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
To be blatantly honest, I don't really believe these leaks in the slightest. The ONLY reason I'm in support of contacting them is to verify the information for possible future reference in case if it was true.
Honestly, the more minor the news the more I'd actually believe any of it lol

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
And if you put the two together...
...My God. Dixie Kong is a DLC rep! How did we not notice this before?! O' great prophet of Sakurai! We give thanks to your wisdom!
Dixie does meet all the hints, just as much as the Inklings.

And who is he suppose to be?
Man why are we buying into all this, like really...
Zef is friends with Stealth and Roger, and is reporting the same information. Whether they are all in on a big troll or not, they seem to suggest they know the same information.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Honestly, the more minor the news the more I'd actually believe any of it lol
That's not unreasonable. After all, outrageous claims should be backed up by outrageous evidence- this opposite is also somewhat true.

In the case of Smash discussion though, take everything with a grain of salt.

I found it interesting that stealth bothered to clarify that it was a Nintendo character.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I have to say, taking the coveted role of "bystander" here and all, I'm not sure whether or not I like where this rabbit hole may take us. But that's the fun of being on this magical ride I suppose.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Calling it now: this "first party" character who's a logical pick to get in by now is Isaac or Chibi Robo.

Calling it now. I do hope it's Isaac or Chibi Robo or some other new series rep because picks like K. Rool are similar to speculation while Gematsu was accepted as fact - boring. So many people clamor for him that he's more than likely going to be in, and it's not exciting or surprising when a character people have been asking for a ton gets in, it's predictable.

Also this rumor doesn't mess with the Shovel Knight rumor as they say that the character is pre-ballot, so I don't see any cause for conflict there.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
So a friend told me someone we're acquainted with is claiming they saw documentation on Isaac being in, and something about Professor Layton, but my friend is pretty sure the guy just saw some fake stuff. I'll try and see if I can get the guy to show me what he's talking about in terms of him thinking it's proof we're getting Isaac.

Edit: Note, I do know this guy knows a couple of people in the industry, so there is a chance he might have seen something. But I don't think he has any connections AT Nintendo so I'm still doubting it.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Why does that matter?
It really doesn't, it's personal opinion on my part. K. Rool is more than likely ballot, unless the demand was that big. He's one of the most supported characters, and for that reason he's more than likely going to get in. I'm just hoping we get more exciting and unexpected picks.
So a friend told me someone we're acquainted with is claiming they saw documentation on Isaac being in, and something about Professor Layton, but my friend is pretty sure the guy just saw some fake stuff. I'll try and see if I can get the guy to show me what he's talking about in terms of him thinking it's proof we're getting Isaac.
DID I JUST CALL THAT?

pleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetrue

Last edited:

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Calling it now: this "first party" character who's a logical pick to get in by now is Isaac or Chibi Robo.

Calling it now. I do hope it's Isaac or Chibi Robo or some other new series rep because picks like K. Rool are similar to speculation while Gematsu was accepted as fact - boring. So many people clamor for him that he's more than likely going to be in, and it's not exciting or surprising when a character people have been asking for a ton gets in, it's predictable.
Everything you said about K. Rool can easily be applied to Isaac as well - they're both highly requested characters that were once accepted as general roster predictions (hell, sometimes Isaac ranks higher than K. Rool in polls). Isaac's fanbase is just far less vocal, but the point still stands - if K. Rool should be considered "boring" as a conventional pick, so should Isaac.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Did he say it's likely pre-ballot? That means it's probably a character you'd expect to see before on the roster but isn't so high on the ballot. Sounds like Dixie to me.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Also this rumor doesn't mess with the Shovel Knight rumor as they say that the character is pre-ballot, so I don't see any cause for conflict there.
He seems to have reason to doubt this supposed character is a ballot pick, which to me suggests it's a character that hasn't had a large voting push. I think that would rule out Isaac.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Everything you said about K. Rool can easily be applied to Isaac as well - they're both highly requested characters that were once accepted as general roster predictions (hell, sometimes Isaac ranks higher than K. Rool in polls). Isaac's fanbase is just far less vocal, but the point still stands - if K. Rool should be considered "boring" as a conventional pick, so should Isaac.
I thought Isaac wasn't very popular in Japan.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
It really doesn't, it's personal opinion on my part. K. Rool is more than likely ballot, unless the demand was that big. He's one of the most supported characters, and for that reason he's more than likely going to get in. I'm just hoping we get more exciting and unexpected picks.

DID I JUST CALL THAT?

pleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetrue
He mentioned it to me a few hours ago but I kinda shrugged it off, but I saw you mention him actually so that's why I mentioned it. I'd like for it to be true also, but I dunno if Isaac is like "someone we'd expect to be in" if we're believing the other stuff people were claiming. I'm going to try and see if he just saw something random online or if there's a specific person that showed him some kind of "proof" about it.

Edit: My friend is claiming the guy was shown "proof" but he thinks someone just made up a doc and showed it to the guy. The guy has jumped-the-gun on some news before so there's a pretty heavy possibility what he was shown wasn't legit. If he gets back to me on what he was actually shown and who it was that showed it to him, I'll let everyone know.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
My cousin claims that his friend's dad has multiple sources, and that we'll get more Pokemon in Smash.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm still hoping for a more unexpected pick. I don't see a lot of moveset potential within K. Rool. People talk about his costumes, but if Sheik and Zelda have to be separate characters, then how could K. Rool have a different moveset for each costume? IF changing costumes changes his properties, that pretty much makes him a Shulk clone in terms of gimmick (something like that would be pretty cool if they had unique properties to change). His blunderbuss is constantly brought up as a move but what makes that different than Bowser Jr's cannonball? I know DLC is all about fanservice, but I'm not a fan of K.Rool compared to someone who could bring something new to the series (Ray MK II with a trap-based moveset is my pipe dream, but it more than likely won't happen). If someone could tell me how K. Rool could be unique and what he could bring specifically besides nostalgia up the wazoo, I'd more than likely support him like I supported Rosalina after seeing how she was unique.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
What is even going on? This is so vague, its worse than a text leak. People getting sucked out of reality because of boredom, smh. The dude just said, "weve got some new news soon people". Then dude 2 says "Its Smash stuff" and everything blows up? Cmon guys.....

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
I'm still hoping for a more unexpected pick. I don't see a lot of moveset potential within K. Rool. People talk about his costumes, but if Sheik and Zelda have to be separate characters, then how could K. Rool have a different moveset for each costume? IF changing costumes changes his properties, that pretty much makes him a Shulk clone in terms of gimmicks (something like that would be pretty cool if they had unique properties to change), his blunderbuss is constantly brought up as a move but what makes that different than Bowser Jr's cannonball? I know DLC is all about fanservice, but I'm not a fan of K.Rool compared to someone who could bring something new to the series. (Ray MK II with a trap-based moveset is my pipe dream, but it more than likely won't happen.) If someone could tell me how K. Rool could be unique and what he could bring specifically besides nostalgia up the wazoo, I'd more than likely support him like I supported Rosalina after seeing how she was unique.
All I can say is you should refer to the first page of the K. Rool support thread, that may answer your questions.

http://smashboards.com/threads/k-ro...intendo-calls-tyranny-before-tomorrow.324259/

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
My cousin claims that his friend's dad has multiple sources, and that we'll get more Pokemon in Smash.
I wasn't making an outlandish claim that I have insider info or anything. I'm saying that my friend and I have an acquaintance that is claiming he had info about it. I don't believe the guy at all, but I thought it was worth noting at least since that might be a thing that pops up. He's claiming he has documentation of it, so I want to see if he'll show me the "proof" that he claims he has. If he does, I'll share it here (unless it's an obvious fake in which I'll tell him it's obviously fake)

My friend is saying he's pretty sure the guy is being BSed, and I agree.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Reading the K. Rool thread and I came upon this:
To use more specific playstyle terms, K. Rool could become a trapper, a grappler, a zoner or even a brawler
And people say Nintendo doesn't listen to us.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
What is even going on? This is so vague, its worse than a text leak. People getting sucked out of reality because of boredom, smh. The dude just said, "weve got some new news soon people". Then dude 2 says "Its Smash stuff" and everything blows up? Cmon guys.....
Well, now one of those two (or both?) are going to have a chat with Neo Zero Neo Zero who probably won't repeat the details (and rightfully so, we don't need anybody getting in trouble over it). I'm not sure where this leaves us.

At the very least, some cross-referencing of leak sources may take place to determine the truth/fiction of one or the other.

Honestly, the main thing I'm interested in is a timeframe. I'll be happy no matter who it is, but this round of speculation is giving me a headache.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly, Shovel Knight is getting as obnoxious as Chrom.
Don't make this personal.
:p

So apparently for whatever reason some Toys R Us locations in Oklahoma put the Mii Fighter amiibo 3 pack out on display a month early and some outright let people buy them and break the street date. That's something.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I wasn't making an outlandish claim that I have insider info or anything. I'm saying that my friend and I have an acquaintance that is claiming he had info about it. I don't believe the guy at all, but I thought it was worth noting at least since that might be a thing that pops up. He's claiming he has documentation of it, so I want to see if he'll show me the "proof" that he claims he has. If he does, I'll share it here (unless it's an obvious fake in which I'll tell him it's obviously fake)

My friend is saying he's pretty sure the guy is being BSed, and I agree.
And I was just saying that my cousin is claiming to have a friend who's dad has insider knowledge on Smash Bros. I wasn't joking, I was actually being serious. Though I believe my cousin is being BSed.
Do you know how this acquaintance of yours would even obtain such documentation?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm just going to give the thread a break for a while. Too many different people are making wildly different claims, several people are claiming they have relatives who, no, for serious, work for Nintendo, and the only details with any real meat on them are too high-profile to be made public for fear of getting someone fired (again, I totally respect that decision).

At the end of the day, we have at least three different leaks being discussed on top of one another, and not a one of them has any evidence to show for it, barring the odd circumstantial tidbit here and there. I don't doubt that the higher-ups have more to work with, but for the outsider looking in, there's really nothing to discuss.

This is a fight we can't win.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
And I was just saying that my cousin is claiming to have a friend who's dad has insider knowledge on Smash Bros. I wasn't joking, I was actually being serious. Though I believe my cousin is being BSed.
Do you know how this acquaintance of yours would even obtain such documentation?
Nope, which is why I'm trying to find out how. Like I had said initially, I think he knows some people in the industry but I doubt he has ties to Nintendo. I just wanted to specify that he claimed Isaac was in, and supposedly mentioned Professor Layton. So if that suddenly starts popping up as like a regular leak somewhere that they're in it, it might be related to that. Not that it's proof at all, but whoever he "got proof from" might be showing that "proof" to other people so we might be getting a bunch of leaks stating Layton and Isaac soon.
It was more of a warning that there could be a bunch of incoming BS leaks including Isaac. Like I said, I don't think I believe the guy has anything legit, but my friend and I are trying to get the guy to explain himself more in terms of where he got it.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom