• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
And message sent.
upload_2015-10-6_19-20-21.png

I may not have a twitter, but it doesn't mean I can't use my e-mail!
I also probably won't be involved in the Skype call if that ever happens. I don't have any credibility yet to be honest XD.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Roger said it's not a Smash Ballot character.

https://twitter.com/RogersBase/status/651530976179429376

So Im not going to message him.

I sent a public message to stealth, but unless I see some sort of proof I'm not going to believe it considering the history that has been reported here.

Btw, Timezones are a thing :p I've been sleeping (and I need to get a bit more sleep).

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm going to recommend that everyone move away from the topic of sexuality, because this is going in a lot of bad places. Implying that there's something wrong with someone for their sexuality is not okay, not to mention that this entire discussion came off of a discussion of sex and if I'd been here I probably would've told you to drop that as well. This forum is supposed to be family friendly and that kind of discussion falls pretty strongly outside of that realm.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

I sent a public message to stealth, but unless I see some sort of proof I'm not going to believe it considering the history that has been reported here.

Btw, Timezones are a thing :p I've been sleeping (and I need to get a bit more sleep).
He said he doesn't know ALL of the ballot characters. Not exactly the same thing. :p

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
These 2 weeks are gonna fly by you'll see.
Wait...
Fly?
Fly...
Tails Icon...
2 weeks...
2 tails...
Sonic Lost World for PC announced...
Sonic 2 was released on a tuesday...
And today is a tuesday...
Tuesday is before wendsday...
Wendsday was on April 1st, the day the ballot opened...
...Tails, at long last...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Reaction if our first ballot characters were Kratos, Master Chief and the Heavy Weapons Guy.

D

Deleted member

Mental and/or physical and/or physiological and/or genetic and/or spiritual and/or social factors.
I disagree on social and spiritual factors. You can repress the drive, but it still exists. Social conditioning does not overcome genetic programming.

This is why sometimes repressed drives will manifest in twisted ways, ergo, catholic priests taking advantage of young boys.

I agree on the rest though.

Thus, asexuality is a result of one of three things:

Either something went wrong with your genetic programming.
You have a mental/emotional issue that prevents the drive from manifesting.
Or you suffer a physical disability of some sort that impedes the drive from manifesting.

The only other thing you could do to subvert the drive is to channel that sexual drive into something else, some way leave information behind. After all genes are just information.

Creating art, literature, music, any form of legacy is basically this (I was actually waiting for someone to bring these up, but no one ever did). This is why scientists, inventors, writers, poets, etc... many died happy and fullfilled virgins. They never had sex, but they still channeled that sexual drive to achieve something greater than themselves. This is basically what a child is too... something greater than you, the next generation. That sex drive is that basic inpulse that drives us to do ANYTHING. It's the core mechanic in what makes us... well, alive. It's just a matter of how you channel it, some settle for the simply level of popping out a kid and having a family, other strive for a higher purpose. Sometimes leaving memes behind can have a grear impact on society than genes.

That sex drive is the simplest most basic sort of programming in all life. It drives evolution, it drives everything. And no, I hope people realize I'm not talking about "lol sex" but actually something much deeper than that. Everything we do in life, somehow stems from this simple line of generic code that has driven evolution for billions of years.

Really stop and think about that... how crazy is that?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
And message sent.
View attachment 76825
I may not have a twitter, but it doesn't mean I can't use my e-mail!
I also probably won't be involved in the Skype call if that ever happens. I don't have any credibility yet to be honest XD.

Poor Dustin.

With things like this, it pays to take a deep breath and analyze the true importance of the situation. What were we expecting to learn from this correspondence that a bit more just paying attention wouldn't have told us? Instead we get worked up and desperately beg for info. Looks bad.

Chrono.

Wait...
Fly?
Fly...
Tails Icon...
Sonic Lost World for PC announced...
Sonic 2 was released on a saterday...
But today is a tuesday...
But tuesday is before wendsday...
Wendsday was on April 1st, the day the ballot opened...
...Tails, at long last...
Don't play with my feelings Aura.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Reaction if our first ballot characters were Kratos, Master Chief and the Heavy Weapons Guy.
"Thank you for your patience, after 6 months from the ballot's start, we're happy to announce the Heavy Weapons Guy as a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS. I hope it was worth the wait."
:troll:

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Poor Dustin.

With things like this, it pays to take a deep breath and analyze the true importance of the situation. What were we expecting to learn from this correspondence that a bit more just paying attention wouldn't have told us? Instead we get worked up and desperately beg for info. Looks bad.
To be honest, it doesn't really matter. It's not really hurting anyone to do so. The worse case scenario is if @RogersBase never goes onto Smash Boards again . Other than that...
...what could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just like you being one of the rudest members I've seen amiright
Seriously. You're actually getting offensive by saying there's something wrong with asexuals. Don't do this. If you genuinely think there's something wrong about someone purely based on their sexual preference, I'd instaban you had it been possible
Quit overreacting. Not my fault you get offended cause I'm not PC.

Then are you gonna tell me that reason? What, is it because "they're depressed/ill"? That's false, I know several happy asexuals.

I dunno, but you seem 12 judging by how you wanna slam those BIG BOY WORDS(TM) on me.
I already gave the reason in my reply to Swamp, not my fault you guys never thought of the arts and decided to get al SJW tumblr on me.

And I'll use "big boy words" if I want, just as I'll cus and swear if I want. It's how I've expressed myself since forever, not my problem if it offends you.

It's also not my fault instantly assumed not wanting to have sex makes you abnormal. Even if you abstain from sex, you still have that basic drive, it's just how we're programmed, it's just a matter of how you channel that drive.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Meanwhile, on Miiverse...
upload_2015-10-6_19-31-57.png

The internet confuses me.
And it will never NOT confuse me. :4pacman:

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice

None of the these make any sense at all, but Heavy would be absolutely amazing. I don't care how salty everyone else got. I'd pay like, 50-100 dollars for this. Not joking.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
You can argue semantics with me all you want, but theres a difference between suffering from a bout of depression due to life circumstances, and having clinical depression, bipolar disorder, or schizophrenia, the latter of which are typically carried in the genes and have no cure. The mind is still ill in both cases, but there's a clear difference since the latter are recurring.
You mean like I said in my initial post?
Not every state of depression is caused by a medical disorder. Sometimes people just break from life ****in on them. Instea of stuffing people with meds, sometime they just need someones time, a person to just be there.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I disagree on social and spiritual factors. You can repress the drive, but it still exists. Social conditioning does not overcome genetic programming.

This is why sometimes repressed drives will manifest in twisted ways, ergo, catholic priests taking advantage of young boys.

I agree on the rest though.

Thus, asexuality is a result of one of three things:

Either something went wrong with your genetic programming.
You have a mental/emotional issue that prevents the drive from manifesting.
Or you suffer a physical disability of some sort that impedes the drive from manifesting.

The only other thing you could do to subvert the drive is to channel that sexual drive into something else, some way leave information behind. After all genes are just information.

Creating art, literature, music, any form of legacy is basically this (I was actually waiting for someone to bring these up, but no one ever did). This is why scientists, inventors, writers, poets, etc... many died happy and fullfilled virgins. They never had sex, but they still channeled that sexual drive to achieve something greater than themselves. This is basically what a child is too... something greater than you, the next generation. That sex drive is that basic inpulse that drives us to do ANYTHING. It's the core mechanic in what makes us... well, alive. It's just a matter of how you channel it, some settle for the simply level of popping out a kid and having a family, other strive for a higher purpose. Sometimes leaving memes behind can have a grear impact on society than genes.

That sex drive is the simplest most basic sort of programming in all life. It drives evolution, it drives everything. And no, I hope people realize I'm not talking about "lol sex" but actually something much deeper than that. Everything we do in life, somehow stems from this simple line of generic code that has driven evolution for billions of years.

Really stop and think about that... how crazy is that?
Quit overreacting. Not my fault you get offended cause I'm not PC.

I already gave the reason in my reply to Swamp, not my fault you guys never thought of the arts and decided to get al SJW tumblr on me.

And I'll use "big boy words" if I want, just as I'll cus and swear if I want. It's how I've expressed myself since forever, not my problem if it offends you.

It's also not my fault instantly assumed not wanting to have sex makes you abnormal. Even if you abstain from sex, you still have that basic drive, it's just how we're programmed, it's just a matter of how you channel that drive.
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt with the first post, but you really should've noticed my post before you made the second. Drop this discussion. It's not appropriate to imply there's something wrong with somebody for their sexuality and the topic of sex is not appropriate for this forum.

This goes for everybody.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
unless one of the people is trans, how the **** do gay relationships involve reproduction
i don't

what
Because it doesn't logically have to make sense, it simply has to emotionally nake sense. Instincts function through emotion, thus is why masturbation kills sex drive even though you're not actually reproducing.

You can trick your instincts into reacting to false positives, this is why I said survive and reproduce are the BASIC drives, more complex behaviors stem from that though.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
My knee jerk reactio would be to lose faith in Nintendo.....but then I'd probably comback because smash is fun and just use them as my punching bag.....like I did with Metaknight in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

The same answer as before. It's offensive because you're pretty much saying there's something wrong with them or they're sick in the head. How old are you? If you were an adult, you should realize what you're saying, this is coming from a minor
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt with the first post, but you really should've noticed my post before you made the second. Drop this discussion. It's not appropriate to imply there's something wrong with somebody for their sexuality and the topic of sex is not appropriate for this forum.

This goes for everybody.
Woah, wait a second. When did I imply tgere was something wrong with anyone? How about you read what I'm saying before you jump to conclusions?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A mix of several feelings.

An interested but cautious optimism about having essentially a character for each of the major non-Nintendo systems (Kratos for Playstation, Master Chief for X-Box, Heavy for PC-ignoring-the-Orange-Box).
Confusion at how/why. Especially since the latter two are heavy on gun usage.
Giddy due to how nice their amiibos might look.
Slightly miffed that they went with Kratos over Sackboy, but understanding as to why.
Sadness that I need to wait longer for Inkling, Wolf, K. Rool, etc.
Annoyance over how others will undoubtedly take it, the whole "ruined 5evr" stuff, etc.
Bliss at some possible music choices.
And over all just plain baffled.

Also, I'll echo Firus' statement. Let's drop the sex discussion, people.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
In all honesty I'd actually really enjoy HWG.

Kratos and Master Chief can stay the hell away though.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Also I apologize since this is apparently old.........but WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?!

Any other details about this?

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Sounds like someone shouldve paid more attention in english and lit instead of psych. lol

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ok I gave it awhile, have we made head or tails of what leaks to believe yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom