• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Considering both Europe and Japan were dumb enough to release raccoons into their ecosystems, that's clearly a recent development in the education department. :troll:

Also not everyone eats their weight's worth of food here. I may not eat healthy, but I'm not one of the countless people who has more fat than other body weight.

And if I weren't thinly built with an awful body structure, I'd be considered mildly underweight by most people.
T'was a joke. Besides, I ate about 4 big cups of Ben and Jerry yesterday, it's not like we're healthy either :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The videos this person makes are just laughable, just watch! XD
I've already killed enough braincells by watching Meta527ii, I'd like to keep the rest
I haven't been following the leaks and I'm confused, who is everyone generally expecting for the rest of SFV's base roster?
Goku, Shrek and Skullomania. I genuinely want Skullomania actually. Moar Kamen Riders~

Found this

JauJaune's bizarre adventure confirmed for RWBY spinoff

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Bah who needs to be healthy? I don't. Which is why I constantly question my self worth and self esteem! But at least I enjoyed the food while it lasted!

:D

Chrono.

I haven't been following the leaks and I'm confused, who is everyone generally expecting for the rest of SFV's base roster?
Personally, I'm expecting the final classic slot to go to either Balrog or Dhalsim.

But since Ono confirmed there's 3 Extra Characters (1 new, 2 veterans) back in EGS Mexico, there's been a lot of buzz over who those might be and whether they're being revealed with the others or even playable.

Personally, I think those 3 characters are gonna be the first ones we're gonna need Fight Money to buy aka Day 1 DLC, who might those be? I think it'll be either
  • Assuming Siliconera's leak is sill legit then it's Alex/Urien/Newbie
  • Assuming it's fake and the 3 extra characters are the bosses: Akuma/???/New Boss
As for the final newcomer (in the base game), it's assumed to be Zen (name leaked awhile back), supposedly they're from India and there's an Indian game event in November, so they could be revealed there.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
At this point it's up in the air. And they exciting some secret characters along with the remaining 3

Chrono.

I don't think we're getting a new character in NYCC.

Reason being the Laura leak. Famitsu had 2 batches of screenshots featuring Laura and Zangief, if there were someone else revealed soon, I think Famitsu would've had a batch of screenshots prepared for them.

There's also how BGS and NYCC take place on the very same weekend, and I don't see them revealing two characters in different events at the same time.

I would love to be wrong tho

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Late on age discussion, but I'm 26. Still a spring chicken compared to the true seniors here on these boards, though. I've seen some 38+ year olds in some other areas of these boards. (And I sometimes act like a teen. Sometimes.)

So anyway, have there been any new leaks? I haven't checked this thread in a while.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Listening to the Xenoblade X OST once more and goddamn, the hype levels are too high.

It's a Xenoblade game. It has mecha. The soundtrack is by Hiroyuki Sawano. What's not to love?

So anyway, have there been any new leaks? I haven't checked this thread in a while.
If I'm not remembering any leak, it's probably because there haven't been any worthy of attention.

Chrono.

Late on age discussion, but I'm 26. Still a spring chicken compared to the true seniors here on these boards, though. I've seen some 38+ year olds in some other areas of these boards. (And I sometimes act like a teen. Sometimes.)

Depends on how long you've been away, the only "leak" atm is this one.
Nothing keeping it alive other than Pirate Ship.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I don't think we're getting a new character in NYCC.

Reason being the Laura leak. Famitsu had 2 batches of screenshots featuring Laura and Zangief, if there were someone else revealed soon, I think Famitsu would've had a batch of screenshots prepared for them.

There's also how BGS and NYCC take place on the very same weekend, and I don't see them revealing two characters in different events at the same time.

I would love to be wrong tho
Most people are figuring it'd be Alex revealed at NYCC, but Zangief kinda destroys the Alex and Urien leak though, unless of course that thing about there supposedly being 2 unplayable characters as like mini-bosses means Alex and Urien will be in the core game but not playable right away? Perhaps they'll be "unlockable" instead of "unplayable" since people were claiming there were mistranslations in that thing.

Alex and Urien were "leaked" at a different time than Karin and R Mika weren't they? I recall seeing an article about Karin and R Mika and then like a day later saying Alex and Urien were also in it... so that might mean something else.

But anyway, I love that the JP ballot is seemingly the only closed one right now. (what if the other ballots were actually just a front and only the Japanese one mattered ((good thing I went on the Japanese ballot at one point and voted there for the heck of it))

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So guys.
How many Shrek and Goku votes do you think we've gotten all this time the ballot has been in limbo?:bubblebobble:

Chrono.

Most people are figuring it'd be Alex revealed at NYCC, but Zangief kinda destroys the Alex and Urien leak though, unless of course that thing about there supposedly being 2 unplayable characters as like mini-bosses means Alex and Urien will be in the core game but not playable right away? Perhaps they'll be "unlockable" instead of "unplayable" since people were claiming there were mistranslations in that thing.

Alex and Urien were "leaked" at a different time than Karin and R Mika weren't they? I recall seeing an article about Karin and R Mika and then like a day later saying Alex and Urien were also in it... so that might mean something else.

But anyway, I love that the JP ballot is seemingly the only closed one right now. (what if the other ballots were actually just a front and only the Japanese one mattered ((good thing I went on the Japanese ballot at one point and voted there for the heck of it))
They were leaked during the same day, but Alex and Urien came first. http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/0...clude-alex-and-urien-from-street-fighter-iii/

It's pretty vague, which means Day 1 DLC is still in the realm of possibility, but eh.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
They were leaked during the same day, but Alex and Urien came first. http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/0...clude-alex-and-urien-from-street-fighter-iii/

It's pretty vague, which means Day 1 DLC is still in the realm of possibility, but eh.
Ah I see. Weird. I specifically remember just R Mika and Karin... or maybe I remember that they came separately in general then so... maybe the Alex and Urien part was BS. Do we know if Alex, Urien, R Mika, Karin, Rashid and Laura were all leaked by the same person? Or was it multiple people?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Nah, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have bothered 11 different sites if they didn't matter.

Japan is ahead in time zones, so they probably closed it first.

:231:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Ah I see. Weird. I specifically remember just R Mika and Karin... or maybe I remember that they came separately in general then so... maybe the Alex and Urien part was BS. Do we know if Alex, Urien, R Mika, Karin, Rashid and Laura were all leaked by the same person? Or was it multiple people?
All the newcomers except Necalli were leaked by Ken Bogard whereas Mika, Karin, Urien and Alex were stated by Silliconera to be confirmed for SF5 at "some point in the future." That said, there is little to no chance of either Alex or Urien being the last veteran due to the fact that slot is reserved for SF characters that are among the most well-known.

Chrono.

Rashid, Laura and Zen were names "leaked" by Ken Bogard, who also leaked a ton of stuff for the game (mostly mechanics-wise, as well as the DLC model they're using).

Ken stated he didn't know the full roster at all. (he still got heat back when Necalli was revealed though)

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm excited too see who is going to fill that next spot on the CSS screen.
It doesn't matter who it is I'll be buying them.
So with the three slots Guys and Gals.
How many DLC Characters do you think we have left.
Well as I predicted before. Shovel Knight, Wolf, and King K. Rool.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
3 to 4. And whilst the end results will not please everyone, I am very confident that the choices will be overall well-received in the end.

Chrono.

3-4, that's about it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hard to say as they can just add empty slots whenever they want.

Though 3 seems like a good number - probably Wolf and two others.

:231:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just finished my latest Mario Maker level:

0ADC-0000-0090-2534

It's called Fox's airship take over.

In it, Fox, must board a foreign airship and defeat it's commander to get back to team starfox! Can you do it?
This level is somewhat difficult and has several puzzles throughout. Overall it can be pretty easy to be clear when you get the hang of it. I would love some feedback if anyone plays it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
No way would they let a big time anime like YW have bad voice acting.
Man. You don't know anime like we do.

They can and very well could screw up the dub. Pokemon dub was considered average at best when 4kids originally did it and Digimon suffered badly on this in the first season. Hell even bigger anime isn't prone to this

Remember 4Kids One Piece?

Chrono.

Ehh YK is aimed at a younger crowd.

Less-than-decent voice acting probs won't bother them.

D

Deleted member

I guess senpai will never notice me...

Anyways, I expect our next three newcomers to be
  1. Shovel Knight
  2. Ballot character that is not a mii costume already
  3. Character I didn't know I wanted
Stages:
  1. Shovel Knight stage
  2. Not another 64 stage pls

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Man. You don't know anime like we do.

They can and very well could screw up the dub. Pokemon dub was considered average at best when 4kids originally did it and Digimon suffered badly on this in the first season. Hell even bigger anime isn't prone to this

Remember 4Kids One Piece?
4Kids One Piece didn't understand the audience it's suppose to cater to.
And it's pretty clear what YW is catering too, kids. It's not as violent and bad-mouthing as the original One Piece anime.. We already have a preview for the YW anime and the voices themselves, they are decent enough for the most part to keep watching.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom