• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Speaking of JoJo

I don't get OMM at all. It's literally the guys at Screwattack going 'I prefer this character so they win' because no research or anything. Death Battle has been bull**** at times (Link has an advantage because Z targeting and they ignore how Cloud has something similar in Dissidia) but still, this confuses me

D

Deleted member

I don't get OMM at all. It's literally the guys at Screwattack going 'I prefer this character so they win' because no research or anything. Death Battle has been bull**** at times (Link has an advantage because Z targeting and they ignore how Cloud has something similar in Dissidia) but still, this confuses me
They... they realize Z-Targeting is a game mechanic and not a skill Link has, right? It would be like saying the Pokemon Trainer can predict what's going to be their opponent's next Pokemon

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
This may seem like a random question, but which character pops into your head first when you hear the name Kingdom Hearts? This is mostly for a bet I'm currently in.
Axel.

Watch as Yang wins the next Death battle because Screw Attack and Rooster Teeth are partners unless it's a RWBY vs RvB match.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's that one guy who tries to copy the cool kids to be in the cool kid club for anime
Cool kids anime club? What backwards eldritch dimension do the writers come from?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Axel.

Watch as Yang wins the next Death battle because Screw Attack and Rooster Teeth are partners unless it's a RWBY vs RvB match.
I highly doubt Yang will win considering she doesn't really have that much action scenes in comparison
They... they realize Z-Targeting is a game mechanic and not a skill Link has, right? It would be like saying the Pokemon Trainer can predict what's going to be their opponent's next Pokemon
Don't get me started on Gaara VS Toph, easily the most bias DB imo and I don't even like both shows

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Let's be honest here, only people I can see still having any animosity towards Capcom are Megaman fans and Dalkstalkers fans.

And it's mostly the former who will never be satisfied unless it's X9 or Legends 3
And Breath of Fire fans.

Yeah, it didn't really do well on its last legs, but it was a fun series and it's a bit depressing to think that a new game may not be in the cards for it either.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Remember, no research. It's mostly choosing who they want to win.
It's actually an separate team from the Death Battle one. That's just the animation team who has no bearing on the choice of the victors.

It's stupid but it's just mindless sprite fights which what it is.

Even then it'll piss you off less than Death "Doomguy loses to Master Chief" Battle which let's be honest started off as bias before actually trying (Link vs Cloud is just FFVII vs OoT fanboy wars reimagined)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Remember, no research. It's mostly choosing who they want to win.
It's actually an separate team from the Death Battle one. That's just the animation team who has no bearing on the choice of the victors.

It's stupid but it's just mindless sprite fights which what it is.

Even then it'll piss you off less than Death "Doomguy loses to Master Chief" Battle which let's be honest started off as bias before actually trying (Link vs Cloud is just FFVII vs OoT fanboy wars reimagined)
DB has quite a lot of bias in some fights to the point it's laughable

lol I hate Cloud and wanted Link to win despite me thinking OoT was meh

D

Deleted member

I highly doubt Yang will win considering she doesn't really have that much action scenes in comparison

Don't get me started on Gaara VS Toph, easily the most bias DB imo and I don't even like both shows
Please tell me Toph wins
Rock, earth, sand and metal bending>>>>>>>>>just sand bending
I'm gonna have to call it bias otherwise

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Depends on who she fights. She'd win in an RvB fight as Carolina is really reliant on Church (and the other fragments) whilst Tex is always doomed to fail.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Please tell me Toph wins
Rock, earth, sand and metal bending>>>>>>>>>just sand bending
I'm gonna have to call it bias otherwise
She did win, but there's bias for Toph. Toph has a very hard time dealing with little pieces of sand, especially when there's energy in there, and Gaara's sand has his mother's Chakra. Toph also had the advantage of being able to detect Gaara because of his sand armour. However, Gaara's shrewd meaning he'd remove it

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
DB has quite a lot of bias in some fights to the point it's laughable

lol I hate Cloud and wanted Link to win despite me thinking OoT was meh
Actually I would believe that if Mario didn't lose to Sonic or Wolverine lost to Raiden.

There is a lot of bias in there like giving Batman a second shot at a weaker Marvel hero than getting blown out by Spider-Man.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Actually I would believe that if Mario didn't lose to Sonic or Wolverine lost to Raiden.

There is a lot of bias in there like giving Batman a second shot at a weaker Marvel hero than getting blown out by Spider-Man.
I remember hearing people complain that Mario couldn't make the terrain muddy with FLUDD and how Sonic magically didn't have 1 hit left after reverting back from Super Sonic. Speaking of the Batman VS Captain America, they didn't even give Cap'n his full arsenal, his gun? Nope. Not to mention something similar happened with Link VS Cloud iirc, Link was given all his weapons and Cloud got his default sword or something

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Alright guys, my training is complete.
Last night I went to For Glory, met this one guy who destroyed me with Falcon like 10 times...but I got a game off him.

After crying in a corner for losing so much...I think I'm ready for ZeRo. Prepare yourself, scarf boy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Last night I went to For Glory, met this one guy who destroyed me with Falcon like 10 times...but I got a game off him.

After crying in a corner for losing so much...I think I'm ready for ZeRo. Prepare yourself, scarf boy.
Don't forget that Taunt->fully charged shield breaker is a true combo

Worst thing about DB. The salty fans. Especially those why cry 'dey h8t animoo'

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I remember hearing people complain that Mario couldn't make the terrain muddy with FLUDD and how Sonic magically didn't have 1 hit left after reverting back from Super Sonic. Speaking of the Batman VS Captain America, they didn't even give Cap'n his full arsenal, his gun? Nope. Not to mention something similar happened with Link VS Cloud iirc, Link was given all his weapons and Cloud got his default sword or something
That's why I said they have bias when it matters. Why do you think Batman got a new matchup after losing his first.

The only time they aren't bias is when it matters. Goku vs Superman was the one time they tried not to be bias but it's really not their fault, Superman is just that much BS

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Darkstalkers was just never that... great (character design aside) and Capcom's half hearted marketing for Resurrection didn't help at all.
There's a lot of people who will disagree with you lol
I respect your opinion, but I just wanted to put that out there

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
To be fair, Death Battle is stupid ****. I have never liked it, at best they're stirring the pot, at worst they make selective exceptions for certain characters.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Goku vs Superman in a nutshell

I still say Peach vs zelda was stupid.
They used Smash Zelda instead of Canonda, she was dead as soon as she tried fighting
That's why I said they have bias when it matters. Why do you think Batman got a new matchup after losing his first.

The only time they aren't bias is when it matters. Goku vs Superman was the one time they tried not to be bias but it's really not their fault, Superman is just that much BS
I think it's very disrespectful to have Superman walk through the Kamehameha though DBZ has shown that if you're stronger, it's nothing. See Frieza tanking Kamehameha. Batman getting a second match was dumb

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

This sounds like literally every For Glory match ever.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So does anyone remember Mr. J from Miiverse? You know, the one that wants to beat up two babies?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
In fairness, I really don't playing that **** will help me improve (at all), but I don't have anything else to do.
Nobody very good to play, nowhere good to do it.
All you need is a practice buddy. Someone to not only make you better but make them better in return.

I wouldn't mind helping but y'know, 3DS player and all that jazz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom