• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
RWBY is... Interesting. I watched the first season, wasn't really hooked enough to continue. Maybe someday.
But hoo boy the action scenes and music are a sight to behold.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
RWBY is... Interesting. I watched the first season, wasn't really hooked enough to continue. Maybe someday.
But hoo boy the action scenes and music are a sight to behold.
The biggest problem RWBY has is the fact that the VA aren't professionals but pretty much random peeps picked at an office causing some moments to get kinda cringey, but other than that, it's pretty alright. Oddly enough the Mary Sue isn't the main character too. I swear, Japan got lucky with getting a professional dub, they have Ryuko Matoi as Yang screaming ORAORAORA
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Wallbangers/DeathBattle http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/DethroningMoment/DeathBattle
'no examples are allowed'
IDIOTS! THIS WAS THE BEST WAY TO PROVE BULL**** DEATHBATTLE STUFF BEING BULL****

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Lots of these make sense.

Why Pico though?
why pico? easy he has been in f-zero since the begining and seeing as Dr stewart isnt that intresting and goroh is...well an assist pico is the only choice left...that and he actually has a backstory as an ex mercenary which helps his case and hes visually distinct

Chrono.

So guess we were right about the ballot ending today.

Only a matter of time before it ends on the other regions.

Soul.

Oh, the Ballot has officially ended. Cool. Time to wait for the characters then? I guess

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
why pico? easy he has been in f-zero since the begining and seeing as Dr stewart isnt that intresting and goroh is...well an assist pico is the only choice left...that and he actually has a backstory as an ex mercenary which helps his case and hes visually distinct
"pico is the only choice left.."

Did you just completely forget about Black Shadow or something?

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Pfft.
Foolish fools.
You're all forgetting the one true F Zero Racer.
What? You expected John Cena? Who do you think I am, Epicmartin? :troll:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ballot's still up in the UK for now but I feel it will close soon.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I just saw "Super Smash bros for wii u photo challenge community results" on the site and nearly had a heart attack.
My 4 AM mind made me think it said ballot results. =P

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The ballot isn't on the American site anymore.
It's finally over.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It's still up, unless you mean the link on the website was removed.
The link on the website was removed, yeah. But the ballot itself is still there? The hell?

:4greninja:'d

Last edited:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
The Smash Ballot for UK and Australia are still up. I guess they're slowly taking them down even though it has ended. Now, we play the waiting game and watch people make fake leaks as usual.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The whole "Black Shadow <-=-> Ganondorf" thing is still really stupid.
Most people don't care about Black Shadow as a character. He's not a popular character in the sense a lot of people like him as a character.

He's just seen as fodder for Ganondorf's current moveset. Another of the fanbase's "rules" that clones must be from the same series. If Ganondorf didn't have the moveset he currently has, most people would give zero ****s about Black Shadow. (Granted, the only thing I would care about Black Shadow in Smash would be if his voice actor was Norio Wakamoto like the anime...)

Ganondorf's moveset, despite being cloned from Falcon due to certain constraints back when Melee was developed, is designed with Ganondorf's characterization in mind.

Would I like it if Ganondorf got a unique moveset, though with the same kind of gameplay? Yeah. I mean, Ganondorf is one of my favorite characters in fiction. I'd like to see a moveset that better reflects Ganondorf's abilities than the current one. However, I do think there's a clear reasoning as to why Ganondorf's moveset is what it is in Smash and why it hasn't changed a lot since then.

I also think that his Smash moveset doesn't contradict any of his characterization. It's just super-powered or dark magic-powered generic martial arts moves. It's nothing special, but nothing that Ganondorf wouldn't be able to do. Plus, as I wrote in my article for Source Gaming, Sakurai did take some moves from the Zelda series when revamping him in Brawl: he just picked those that would better fit the Falcon-derived moveset, meaning they aren't Ganondorf's most iconic moves, but still shows that research was put into the character.

It's not the ideal moveset, but it's important to understand that things have a reason. Sakurai could alter his moveset, but he's just giving Ganondorf the exact same treatment as other veterans. Before someone brings Pit, Bowser and Zero Suit Samus: go count the number of moves that got changed from Brawl to 3DS/Wii U and then do the same for Ganondorf's changes between Melee and Brawl. Also, if a move looks aesthetically different, but functions largely the same, it doesn't count, so rule out Pit's down special since it's still a reflector.

Well, this turned out longer than I expected... I don't even intend on starting a debate. I'm tired of debating the same crap over and over again. Ganondorf is still fun to play as and that's all it really matters for me.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Most people don't care about Black Shadow as a character. He's not a popular character in the sense a lot of people like him as a character.

He's just seen as fodder for Ganondorf's current moveset. Another of the fanbase's "rules" that clones must be from the same series. If Ganondorf didn't have the moveset he currently has, most people would give zero ****s about Black Shadow. (Granted, the only thing I would care about Black Shadow in Smash would be if his voice actor was Norio Wakamoto like the anime...)

Ganondorf's moveset, despite being cloned from Falcon due to certain constraints back when Melee was developed, is designed with Ganondorf's characterization in mind.

Would I like it if Ganondorf got a unique moveset, though with the same kind of gameplay? Yeah. I mean, Ganondorf is one of my favorite characters in fiction. I'd like to see a moveset that better reflects Ganondorf's abilities than the current one. However, I do think there's a clear reasoning as to why Ganondorf's moveset is what it is in Smash and why it hasn't changed a lot since then.

I also think that his Smash moveset doesn't contradict any of his characterization. It's just super-powered or dark magic-powered generic martial arts moves. It's nothing special, but nothing that Ganondorf wouldn't be able to do. Plus, as I wrote in my article for Source Gaming, Sakurai did take some moves from the Zelda series when revamping him in Brawl: he just picked those that would better fit the Falcon-derived moveset, meaning they aren't Ganondorf's most iconic moves, but still shows that research was put into the character.

It's not the ideal moveset, but it's important to understand that things have a reason. Sakurai could alter his moveset, but he's just giving Ganondorf the exact same treatment as other veterans. Before someone brings Pit, Bowser and Zero Suit Samus: go count the number of moves that got changed from Brawl to 3DS/Wii U and then do the same for Ganondorf's changes between Melee and Brawl. Also, if a move looks aesthetically different, but functions largely the same, it doesn't count, so rule out Pit's down special since it's still a reflector.

Well, this turned out longer than I expected... I don't even intend on starting a debate. I'm tired of debating the same crap over and over again. Ganondorf is still fun to play as and that's all it really matters for me.
People actually do worst and suggested that Hades should get Ganondorf's moveset when it doesn't even fit him

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The Smash Ballot has officially ended. https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/jp/

EDIT: Well, at least in Japan the ballot has ended. It's still up everywhere else, but I'm sure it'll end in other regions shortly.
Y'know, you think you say that, but
upload_2015-10-5_8-21-43.png

THIS RIDE NEVER ENDS, BUCKO
WE'RE ON IT FOREVER AND EEEEVERRRRR :4pacman:

It's finally over.
Commence Speculah.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom