• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Sorry that I haven't been contributing a lot to the discussion. Been super caught up in Source Gaming stuff. We finished recording the first SourceCast with @RelaxAlax last night, and we will post it in the near future (once we edit it for sound).

Until then, I just finished my sequel to Sakurai On: Character Choices...

Sakurai On: Third Party Characters.

Also, major changes to the site (some were suggested by vaanrose vaanrose !) Please let me know if there are any display issues.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I was just thinking of a few minor things I'd like for some characters
:4myfriends:: him using the Urvan somewhere (I don't even mind if taunt only; it's cool that he uses it in Codename S.T.E.A.M.)
:4lucario:: Bone Rush as a Smash attack or special move (in the anime and Pokken it's like his signature move)
:4bowser:: just give him his epic line of "showtime"

Are there any other minor things any of you would like to see?
Aesthetically, I REALLY hope the next game gives Olimar his voice from the games, and Marth his English voice.

And for heaven's sake, Little Mac his English voice...

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Isn't that exactly what people said about Ike?
Ike didn't have a Lucina equivalent. He also didn't have as much competition to deal with. The more expansive the rosters get the more characters get cut. If FE continues to get a new character every game you can't expect one to never be cut. Ike also had the benefit of being the protagonist of the last TWO console games. Robin isn't even considered to be the main protagonist of the game he's in. I'll say this, if they choose not to add a character from the most recent FE game for whatever reason they'll probably end up keeping Robin.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Sorry that I haven't been contributing a lot to the discussion. Been super caught up in Source Gaming stuff. We finished recording the first SourceCast with @RelaxAlax last night, and we will post it in the near future (once we edit it for sound).

Until then, I just finished my sequel to Sakurai On: Character Choices...

Sakurai On: Third Party Characters.

Also, major changes to the site (some were suggested by vaanrose vaanrose !) Please let me know if there are any display issues.
Ty for the free karma mang.

Also, I really like the new changes to the website. Having on the left side like that compared to the middle makes things look better in general tbh.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
lack of series tropes for the first time (an example being that the main character's father doesn't die in the beginning)
That's like the only one, the rest of the plot is largely a "greatest hits" remix of FE1 and 3

and it is even being considered for a NA virtual console release at the moment.
source please, this is pretty big news, and it's the first I'm hearing of it

People really love Roy as a character
Most of those have never played FE6 though. Granted the game does have its fans, but they're mainly based in Japan. Roy and his game aren't very popular among western FE fans

Aesthetically, I REALLY hope the next game gives [...] Marth his English voice.
dear gods no, they murdered it in Code Name STEAM

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Ty for the free karma mang.

Also, I really like the new changes to the website. Having on the left side like that compared to the middle makes things look better in general tbh.
I just made a comment in the IRC chat that you were super quick with the reddit post. You are welcome :p Feel free to share more of Source Gaming stuff, it makes my job a bit easier!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
dear gods no, they murdered it in Code Name STEAM
I didn't think his S.T.E.A.M. voice was bad at all, honestly. Seemed rather fitting.
The "I've failed you all...*sighing grunt*" is narmy, I'll give you that, but that was hilarious at least.

It's funny just how Japanese random grunts can sound.
It's like, the guy's from the Bronx, guys. At least make his grunts sound somewhat American. Didn't help that he outright had an American VA to do his grunts in the Wii game.../rant

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
:4myfriends:: him using the Urvan somewhere (I don't even mind if taunt only; it's cool that he uses it in Codename S.T.E.A.M.)
:4lucario:: Bone Rush as a Smash attack or special move (in the anime and Pokken it's like his signature move)

I have a few and they are moveset changes and aesthetics.

:4sonic::Instead of his side-B being a spin charge just give him the Light Speed Dash as the new one. It works a lot like Fox/Falco's Illusion but it has less wind up and much more knockback but has a lot of endlag on the attack and will put you in a free fall animation in the air. Can be used as a recovery after his Up-B

:4drmario::All of his moves have an electrical affect now. Cape has slight knockback and can still reflect, Up-B has a static animation and when he does his side-taunt an electric effect comes out

:4lucina::Iai Counter, Effortless Blade and Dolphin Jump are her new special moves. Her moves now have multi hit and can easily combo into.

Her new playstyle is being a rushdown monster who relies on close combat and chain attacks.

:4palutena:: Her attacks rely on her staff more and can use her shield as move to KO while staff racks up damage.

:4littlemac:: Side-B can be cancelled into Up-B as a new recovery option. KO meter will actually build up by how much you attack and drop down everytime you get hit and you have to EARN your KO punch. Straight Lunge works similar to Ike's Quick Draw where it can charge as long as it wants and the super armor works similar to the focus attack. Also his new side-taunt allows him to eat a chocolate bar for small health (1%).

:4samus:: Just give her the Shinespark. There's no reason why that isn't in Smash

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I was just thinking... if in a new Zelda game, Ganondorf's Smash moveset is translated into his battle thus making Falcondorf canon material, would you be ok with Ganondorf still remaining the same in Smash?

This question is mainly to those who want Falcondorf to change

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I like how it's Monday afternoon in Japan and yet the ballot is still up. :V

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was just thinking... if in a new Zelda game, Ganondorf's Smash moveset is translated into his battle thus making Falcondorf canon material, would you be ok with Ganondorf still remaining the same in Smash?

I mean, really the only change I REALLY ABOVE ALL ELSE want to see in Ganondorf is him having Dead Man's Volley, so I wouldn't be upset. I'd just still want Dead Man's Volley. :p

Though if he WERE to be reworked completely...Trident moveset please. Aquaman is so fun in Injustic: Gods Among Us. :p

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

:4palutena:: Give her actually useful moves as her default set
Autoreticle, Reflect, Warp and Counter.
Jeesh.
It's sad because a lot of her other moves are given more praise by the game itself (Jump Glide, looking at you specifically)
I'd much prefer;
Explosive Flame / either Reflect or Angelic Missle / Jump Glide / Lightweight
Much better imo :drshrug:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

I just want the Falcondorf moveset to be given to Black Shadow. Then we can have True Ganondorf

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

It would be great for me, I can imagine him chokeslaming and kicking a bunch of Hyrulean Soldiers of something.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
:4palutena:: Give her actually useful moves as her default set
Autoreticle, Reflect, Warp and Counter.
Jeesh.
It's sad because a lot of her other moves are given more praise by the game itself (Jump Glide, looking at you specifically)
I'd much prefer;
Explosive Flame / either Reflect or Angelic Missle / Jump Glide / Lightweight
Much better imo :drshrug:
For the life of me I'll never understand why Counter was in her default moveset...when her entire set is built around Lightweight.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

The choke is already canonical. :D

D

Deleted member

Lucario with Bone Rush would be sick tho

Robin gets support conversations ala Palutena's Guidance
Bowser Jr. shouts some Japanese words when using Down Air and F-Smash
Lucina luts her mask with her taunt and it ACTUALLY STAYS until you press it again
Mega Man gets a Down B(seriously, why doesn't he have one)
Zero Suit Samus becomes invisible and unselectable
Shulk's Side Taunt is replaced #KillTheMemes
More Mii Classes, a Mage and a Lance class pls
Pikachu's Skull Bash is replaced with Thunder Bolt which works like Robin's Arcthunder but weaker
Mewtwo gets Calm Mind as his new Down Special which raises his stats ala Deep Breath
Wonder Red is a character in the game

:4lucina::Iai Counter, Effortless Blade and Dolphin Jump are her new special moves
Please, for the love of all that is pure, no

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
For the life of me I'll never understand why Counter was in her default moveset...when her entire set is built around Lightweight.
For the sake of having her countering Ike's full power Eruption constantly and causing high damage and hilariously extreme knockback :p

But as a Palutena main, it bugs me not having Lightweight and Super Speed as default (specially when all my friends hate customs)

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Since I really enjoy using Palutena, this is what I'd make as her default moveset :4palutena:

B: Autoreticle
Side B: Reflect
Up B: Teleport
Down B: Lightweight

Sure, Superspeed also helps her a lot, but Reflect is a personal favorite of mine; it's fun in free for alls and seeing someone other than Fox or Falco with a reflect feels refreshing

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Don't you guys see?

The deadline for the Smash Ballot has been inside you this whole time! You can always vote for your favorite character, no matter what the big N tells you. So just follow your heart, open the message board and post about how much you want Goku.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Robin gets support conversations ala Palutena's Guidance
So Robin's just gonna stop everything in the middle of battle to randomly flirt with people.
I'm not OK with this.
#KillTheSSupports
#ImReallyFeelingIt

D

Deleted member

Since I really enjoy using Palutena, this is what I'd make as her default moveset :4palutena:

B: Autoreticle
Side B: Reflect
Up B: Teleport
Down B: Lightweight

Sure, Superspeed also helps her a lot, but Reflect is a personal favorite of mine; it's fun in free for alls and seeing someone other than Fox or Falco with a reflect feels refreshing
You mean a reflector in appearence? Or in function?
Because
:4mario::4pit::4miisword::4ness::4rob::4mewtwo::4lucas:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You mean a reflector in appearence? Or in function?
Because
:4mario::4pit::4miisword::4ness::4rob::4mewtwo::4lucas:
We all know R.O.B.'s is the best
He just ****ing spins
All like "Who gives a **** about projectiles, I'm just spinnin' here"
****s Given = 0
R.O.B. Copter
Just when you thought the Copter Special couldn't get any more Feature Length :4dk:

D

Deleted member

So Robin's just gonna stop everything in the middle of battle to randomly flirt with people.
I'm not OK with this.
#KillTheSSupports
#ImReallyFeelingIt
I meamt more in line with him talking with other FE characters about whoever he is fighting alongside some cameos
Cameos would include characters with full voice acting and some othe Awakening chars
Shulk, the KI cast, Doc Louis, the SF cast and possibly some NPCs related to the character in question

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Appearance mainly; there's also Mii Gunner though.

If I had to choose between a reflector and a counter, I'd go for the reflector. Why Palutena has both is something I'll always wonder
*looks at my Mii Swordfighters*
Uh... yeah, m-me too!

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Here's that PlayStation All-Stars roster, though I doubt anyone cares.
The God of War and Uncharted fanbases are constantly complaining their series are underrepresented while pointing out Parappa the Rapper is too overrepresented.

I like the looks of it, but did you just remove my favorite character, Big Daddy, from it? :(

D

Deleted member

The God of War and Uncharted fanbases are constantly complaining their series are underrepresented while pointing out Parappa the Rapper is too overrepresented.

I like the looks of it, but did you just remove my favorite character, Big Daddy, from it? :(
I might update it later, so Big Daddy isn't out of the realm of possibility.

D

Deleted member

I am surprised the ballot is still up. Not that it matters at this point.

Now all we have to do is to wait for whatever else gets added.

D

Deleted member

WVW69iYim7cKV7Td2Z.jpg

Replace "meat" with Parappa

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Employee: "So Mr. Sakurai, shouldn't we be closing the ballot by now?"

Sakurai: "The ballot? I thought that was just an April fools prank to make the fans feel like their playing god...."

Employee: "......"

Sakurai: "Fine, I'll close the ballot...."

Sakurai: *Sigh* "More begging for that meddling alligator, didn't they get the message with that darn Mii costume!?"

So yeah.... apparently the ballot is still open for some reason, I'm not even sure at this point....

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I find it interesting how some people say we should get iconic 3rd party characters in Nintendo's crossover fighting game even if they don't have close ties with Nintendo, but when it comes to Sony's crossover fighting game people think we should only get 3rd party characters that have close ties with Playstation.

D

Deleted member

Day 1: it's October 3rd and the Ballot is still up, maybe it's supposed to STAY UP until today and not finish now
Day 2: I'm wondering why it's still up, October 3rd has ended already... hopefully they're just waiting for the week days
Day 3: what if it was all a ruse? I better go bacl to the April Direct and do a shadow analysis
Day 4: shadow analysis has confirmed playability of the ballot, unfortunately, that's not what I was trying to confirm...
Day 5: it. Never. Ends.
Day 6: Our guild has reached the 3rd floor of the Labyrinth and successufully saved the guards-- wait, wrong logbook
Day 7: I'VE FOUND OUT SOMETHING IMPORTANT-the ballot site code has a hidden cryptic message, I'm gonna start decyphering it tomorrow
Day 8: a full week has gone by and still nothing. Luckily, I started decyphering the message but it uses a far more complicated code than I expected...
Day 9: the first half of the message has been decyphered! "LOL AT YOU"
What does LOL stand for? My dictionary wielded nothing, could it be thag we are getting League of Legends representation? Still have to decipher everything tho...
Day 10: madness is consuming me, the other half simply translated to "BUNCH OF ****". WHAT DOES **** MEANS? It's still encrypted, will I ever find out its true meaning?
Day 30: as I drive insane, I give my last breath. There is no other choice. The rope is set up, but can I do this? Do I have what it takes? I just want this to end...
Day 31: a month has gone by and I have nothing but regrets. I leave this word with the Ballot's final message im hope someone ever figures it out
"LOL AT YOU BUNCH OF ****
*no journal entries after this day were found*

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom