• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Roy did not return to the base game
Not only he has no fanbase in the FE community he's also universally hated there
The only popularity he has comes from Smash and he was only brought back as DLC because there was nothing else
EDIT: This sums up what I need to say much better than my words below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X504v3v3iqQ&lc=z131ujsrcrz5z5h0o22vudgj5w3vuhqbb04

Should link to a specific comment in the video.

Roy was only hated by a small niche of western fans who only care about map-clearing lords that make the games easy for novice players, not anywhere close to any majority. He is a well-liked character by Fire Emblem fans, especially in Japan.

There were many, many other choices for DLC. Roy deserved his win. Roy's popularity, how important he is to Fire Emblem (represents one of its biggest continents, its second-biggest system, the only FE veteran, balances out classic FE from modern since Awakening used to be 50% of FE's representation, many other things), how important he is to Nintendo, fan demand from smash players and constantly frontrunning DLC polls, and other things not off the top of my head due to sleep deprivation are why he's important in Smash and why he returned.

He wasn't in Smash to promote FE6, he was included because a Marth clone was needed in Melee, and he was the best candidate to stand out. He was planned for Brawl (several major indicators of evidence exist, notably within subspace trophy positioning and progress within data files compared to other forbidden seven) so I'm not surprised in the least he eventually came back with Mewtwo.

If you have any other qualms with Roy's inclusion, feel free to let me know and I'll shut them down as soon as I'm online again.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can't believe it's nearly evening in Japan on Monday the 5th and the ballot is still open.

The hell you doing Nintendy?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will say.

I have never seen any fanbase other than the FE fanbase loathe a character being included in Smash so much.

D

Deleted member

I am actually watching the newest episode right now. Zoroarking, watch it! Your life depends on it! Also cookies!
You wouldn't be able to say that after seeing my backlog
2 animes with a total of 50 episodes remaining, a Nuzlocke, some cartoons to catch on and EOIIU which I still expect to have 100+ hours before moving on
EDIT: This sums up what I need to say much better than my words below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X504v3v3iqQ&lc=z131ujsrcrz5z5h0o22vudgj5w3vuhqbb04

Should link to a specific comment in the video.

Roy was only hated by a small niche of western fans who only care about map-clearing lords that make the games easy for novice players, not anywhere close to any majority. He is a well-liked character by Fire Emblem fans, especially in Japan.

There were many, many other choices for DLC. Roy deserved his win. Roy's popularity, how important he is to Fire Emblem (represents one of its biggest continents, its second-biggest system, the only FE veteran, balances out classic FE from modern since Awakening used to be 50% of FE's representation, many other things), how important he is to Nintendo, fan demand from smash players and constantly frontrunning DLC polls, and other things not off the top of my head due to sleep deprivation are why he's important in Smash and why he returned.

He wasn't in Smash to promote FE6, he was included because a Marth clone was needed in Melee, and he was the best candidate to stand out. He was planned for Brawl (several major indicators of evidence exist, notably within subspace trophy positioning and progress within data files compared to other forbidden seven) so I'm not surprised in the least he eventually came back with Mewtwo.

If you have any other qualms with Roy's inclusion, feel free to let me know and I'll shut them down as soon as I'm online again.
*skips*
2015-10-03 19.18.54.png

Uh.. can we just say you guys won? I'm tired RN and not feeling like arguing and instead just doing some Bertrand posting, so yeah

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Guys, what if this means that October 2nd has never ended? What if we've been repeating the same day over and over?

It's a conspiracy I tell you! A conspiracy!

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I will say.

I have never seen any fanbase other than the FE fanbase loathe a character being included in Smash so much.
Some Pokemon fans can be really bitter about Jigglypuff.

And to a lesser extent some are like that with Lucario and Greninja.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
He wasn't in Smash to promote FE6, he was included because a Marth clone was needed in Melee
Gonna need a source on that it was needed
Leif is one of my favourite Lords visually and in terms of personality, Roy's personality is dull and he's genuinely useless. Hell, when I used say, Eliwood, I had a very hard time killing enemy units but it's because of Eliwood being a jack of all trades, something that doesn't work well in FE. The problem isn't neccesarily that Roy isn't a map clearing Lord, but how he's a garbage tier unit overall. Low stats, low growths, can only do chip damage, gets countered by said chip damage which is bad as enemies in FE6 have the same hit percentage as you, has low defence, can't double and promotes at the end of the game along with the only weapon he can kill stuff good with. At least Leif has some stuff to help him such as no fatigue and skills

Imma Lord now, blue blue, blue blue blue~

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
*sigh*....Yes, that's because time constraints are a thing.
That doesn't refute his point, time constraints aren't magically going to go away next game, and lower priority characters, like Roy has been in each Smash game, will still be in danger of getting cut.

Regarding the whole "who is gonna get cut" discussion, I find it silly to speculate and argue now about cuts in the next game, when it's going to be at least a few more years before the topic is relevant and we can more competently gauge the topic, while a character's stock can change significantly in that timeframe.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That doesn't refute his point, time constraints aren't magically going to go away next game, and lower priority characters, like Roy has been in each Smash game, will still be in danger of getting cut.

Regarding the whole "who is gonna get cut" discussion, I find it silly to speculate and argue now about cuts in the next game, when it's going to be at least a few more years before the topic is relevant and we can more competently gauge the topic, while a character's stock can change significantly in that timeframe.
Considering Jigglypuff almost got cut twice...

Also, how do you change your name on this site?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Considering Jigglypuff almost got cut twice...

Also, how do you change your name on this site?
Since you're premium you can do it yourself.

Go to your account by clicking your name up to and scroll down the left side bar till you see advanced options.

It's under there.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well, of course it's still running in America.

It's in the morning.

Ain't nobody at Nintendo's American offices right now.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Huh.

Basically just "Thanks for voting."

D

Deleted member

RECRUITMENT? MONIEEEEEZ
New avi. Maybe I won't get misgendered all the time now
Didn't we talk before about potential males born in the Anna family having to crossdress? :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i just had a thought if there were going to be 12 more characters what would be the best 12...first party characters?
*warning this is just a list in no order, no current assists or will be chosen*

1. Wolf
2. King k rool
3. Inkling
4. Tetra
5. Isaac
6. Bandana Dee
7. Dixie kong
8. Wonder red
9. Chibi robo
10. Pico (F-zero)
11. Fiora
12. Sylux

it seems like it hits all the right notes to me (the 1 game argument is long dead to me)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
so i just had a thought if there were going to be 12 more characters what would be the best 12...first party characters?

1. Wolf
2. King k rool
3. Inkling
4. Tetra
5. Isaac
6. Bandana Dee
7. Dixie kong
8. Wonder red
9. Chibi robo
10. Pico (F-zero)
11. Fiora
12. Sylux

it seems like it hits all the right notes to me (the 1 game argument is long dead to me)
Lots of these make sense.

Why Pico though?

D

Deleted member

For the Shin Megami Tensei fans, Atlus is teasing an announcement for the franchise.
Atlus what are you doing? You teased EOV a year ago and there's still nothing don't build a pile of teases like this, we both know it will still take 2 years to actually reveal something

1. Wolf
2. King k rool
3. Inkling
4. Tetra
5. Isaac
6. Bandana Dee
7. Dixie kong
8. Wonder red
9. Chibi robo
10. Pico (F-zero)
11. Fiora
12. Sylux

1. Wonder Red
  2. Metal Face
  3. Wonder Blue
  4. Anna
  5. Wonder Green
  6. Something something Etrian Odyssey
  7. Wonder Pink
  8. Isaac
  9. Wonder Yellow
  10. Wonder White
  11. Wonder Black
it seems like it hits all the right notes to me (the 1 gameargument is long dead to me)

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The text essentially says:

'[The ballot period] has ended. Thank you to everyone who participated'

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

1. Wolf
2. King k rool
3. Inkling
4. Tetra
5. Isaac
6. Bandana Dee
7. Dixie kong
8. Wonder red
9. Chibi robo
10. Pico (F-zero)
11. Fiora
12. Sylux

Replace Inklings and Pico with Ray MKIII and Anna and it's bootyful

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
12 first parties or characters in general (third party fear strikes again I see) is more like a new Smash game and not DLC.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
They must've just picked a day at random to close the ballot without checking if it was the weekend when no one would be at the office.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What is RWBY anyway?

I keep hearing about it.

Status