• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

@Luigi The President has made a convincing argument in his campaign to direct Smash.
However, I will quickly sway you all to #TeamKenith!

Vote for me, and your next Super Smash Bros. game will feature (among other staple features):
---
Classic Mode - An quick arcade-style romp through 8 battles, 3 minigames, and a showdown with Master Hand!

Adventure Mode - Smash your way through various Nintendo worlds, with branching paths leading to different worlds and to the final boss, who changes depending on where you go!

All-Star Gauntlet - A fusion of Event Mode and All-Star! Relive over 50 battles throughout Nintendo's history...and some What-If scenarios that have never been seen before. Get a reward for missions you clear.

Target Test - Each character gets a unique target smashing minigame. Break ten targets to win, using the best of your character's abilities to get them all as fast as possible.

Race to the Platforms - Race to the Finish and Board the Platforms combine! Play this mode with or against friends, racing to touch all the platforms to open the exit to this randomly generated, timed labyrinth.

Multi-Man Smash - 10-man, 100-man, 3 minute, 15 minute, Endless, and Cruel. Take on an army of assorted enemies - each with their own power levels! The weak Mii, the competent Alloys, the strong Wireframes, and deadly Polygons!

Training - Swap between characters and opponents on the fly in this mode and record specific behaviors for the enemy to mimic, so you can practice what to do in specific scenarios. You can also train against Sandbag.

All-Star Smash - A brand new mode where you can select a team of up to 10 characters, with each one representing a single stock!

Online - The environment is a lot more friendly. Name tags can't be used anymore, but you can send a few preselected messages to other players. No nasty messages! You can also choose to match with characters of similar win ratio.

For Glory - This infamous mode is getting revamped - 1-on-1 lets you open or join a room where certain rules can be customized, such as turning on customs.

Smash Meter - Every character has a new power - when they take or give damage, they build up a meter that, when charged, lets you use a Final Smash. There's two levels - Level 2 is your Final Smash, and Level 1 is a smaller, intermediate special attack called a Super Smash. Smash Balls instantly fill the gauge. Both can be turned off. (Ex. Lucario - Super Smash is Mega Lucario, Final Smash is Aura Storm)

Custom Moves - Custom moves are back, but now you can set whatever special move you want to whatever slot you want. You want nothing but fireballs for Mario? You got it!

Skills - Equipment is gone, in its place is the ability to equip characters with a small number of perks that influence gameplay but don't change stats, etc. Smooth landing from aerials, or getting a little HP from direct hits. Certain skills take more slots than others, so you can't get too many great perks.

Challenge Menu - You can obtain any item you want from this vault, whenever you want, as long as you have enough gold. Every unlockable in the game is on display - characters, stages, music, trophies - and you can either find it for yourself, or buy a Golden Hammer and use that to destroy a cage and free the collectible.

---
And of course, I have 106 characters.
...I think I went overboard...
You got me with customizable customs
Full vision Shulk
Also, skills would certainly make certain things more enjoyable if they were separated from stat modifiers and allow Miis to be more true to their characters
And I really like the idea of Super Smash and the Smash Meter

@Luigi The President you gotta step up your game bruh

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Of all the Fire Emblem characters, I think Lucina is actually the most likely to come back next time, after Marth. She may be the single most clone-y clone yet, but she's ballooned in popularity since Awakening came out. I don't think there's been a Fire Emblem character that ever got as popular as her, Marth included. I can see her getting a Falco style overhaul and sticking around while the more unique playstyles of Ike and Robin get left behind.
Again:

^
- throws javelins
- could use Skills from Awakening as special moves
- wears badass armor.
- wears badass armor.

Come oooon, next Smash...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
definitely gonna need a source on that one.

Roy still isn't as popular as lucina. not even close.
I never said it was, but it's in the cards, after all, it was relased in Japan last year, sometimes when Japan only ports of other games happen, they're put into consideration in terms of localization, so yeah, and Roy is up there as one of the most popular characters in the franchise.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For one thing, the way Roy feels in SSB4 is nothing like Marth, sure, their specials are very similar, but they feel almost nothing alike, and for another, Fire Emblem the Binding Blade is considered a hidden gem in the series, mainly for it's innovative support system, and memorable characters, not to mention lack of series tropes for the first time (an example being that the main character's father doesn't die in the beginning) and it is even being considered for a NA virtual console release at the moment. People really love Roy as a character, heck, at my old school there was a mural with him, Marth, and Link, and on Roy's sword said, "See ya in Brawl!"
I was talking about how he was a clone in Melee
Also, I have never seen anyone that likes Roy because of his CHARACTER
It's because of Smash and Smash only
The example you gave me is a clear example of that

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
He beat an entire army without losing a single soldier.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
If Kenith and Luigi are going head to head for Director, can I be a third independent party?

I promise you all the newcomer characters you didn't know you wanted and fully integrated mod support so you can easily add whatever characters, stages, or songs you wish.

I'm independent, I can do whatever I want.

*Drops microphone*

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Same thing for only-one-game-characters like Ness & Lucas and others 3P as Megaman and Pacman now
EDIT: If Bomberman will be in Smash could fit perfectly with Megaman and Pacman, as forgotten by the companies and nintendo consoles.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
RIP competitive smash

Also RIP you and RIP profits

(even though from a casual standpoint it sounds fun. . .)
???
I don't understand this at all.
Please leave Ganon with his Falcondorf moveset in Smash 5 plz.
That will probably be the case.
I'd be fine with Falcondorf if it was still OOT Ganondorf. He looked young and spry compared to the old man we have now.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If there's one thing I've learned from any and all mediums.

Fans think they know what's best for the show/game/movie/music.

Fans are wrong.

Unless those fans are Ryan Murphy fans. Then they're right. They'd probably write his shows better than he would.

D

Deleted member

If Kenith and Luigi are going head to head for Director, can I be a third independent party?

I promise you all the newcomer characters you didn't know you wanted and fully integrated mod support so you can easily add whatever characters, stages, or songs you wish.

I'm independent, I can do whatever I want.

*Drops microphone*
You should run
This thread isn't exactly fond of indies
He led the rebellion.
?????
Same thing for only-one-game-characters like Ness & Lucas and others 3P as Megaman and Pacman now
Wait, are you trying to imply Mega Man and Pac-Man are only liked because of Smash?
This is it
I'm done with this argument

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
He's the Young Lion, he'll come back, and considering he's DLC, a fan favorite, and different enough to stand on his own, the chances of him coming back to future Smash Bros are almost a given.

???
I don't understand this at all.

That will probably be the case.
I'd be fine with Falcondorf if it was still OOT Ganondorf. He looked young and spry compared to the old man we have now.
Final smashes as a regular recourse would probably **** the whole competitive community every which way.

as for RIP you and RIP profits that is a LOT of work. Sakurai can barely take half of that and he is an uber professional. Plus all of the work i would take a super high amount of resources.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Lucina will be the next Lucario.

D

Deleted member

Since there's a discussion about FE popularity, I feel this is important (Japan, 2015)

Would you look at that? No Roy! What a surprise /s

Still waiting for that Hector and Ephraim representation in Smash tho

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It's a good thing that there FE fanbase doesn't mean much for a loved vet these days, amirite?

Good thing Sakurai does what he things best. Fan demand comes first imo.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
This is the most popular FE characters in Japan right?
Indeed
Lucina at #3?!
Even I did not expect this!
Maybe with that kind of popularity Lucina will because a mainstay Nintendo character.
Just like Isabelle, Lucina seems to have a bright future with Nintendo ahead :)

Roy might be a popular choice in Smash, but that doesn't mean he's beloved as much in his own franchise. Sure, those results are Japan only, but I'm still sure Ike is probably the favorite character here (it's even more surprising since his two main games got the fewest sales)

D

Deleted member

Lucina will be the next Lucario.
She already is tho
New popular character from a popular franchise that is claimed to not be because they're hated by the older fans for not being the less popular character that they claim they stole their moveset from even after said character comes back in DLC

Soul.

I don't think they'll cut any character but that's just me. They all have a place in the roster.

D

Deleted member

Hopping on the dream roster bandwagon here.

Since Sony and Microsoft characters are options as well, I might post a PlayStation All-Stars dream roster later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I honestly find Robin being cut for the next game to be likely. They'll have to cut some characters, and Robin doesn't seem like he has much of a future unlike Lucina and Chrom. I see Lucina being kept for her popularity and for being an easy addition, plus she will still be able to represent Awakening without Robin. I also see a new unique FE character getting in, someone like Azura. :mewtwomelee:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I still think a 64 character roster would be just the bee's knees.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Roy will always be my boy.:4feroy: Nothing will ever change that. If there was a Fire Emblem character I'd cut, it'd be Marth. But I'd very well appreciate Lucina getting a revamp one day, especially if she were to have her Great Lord design. ...That could pretty much be the next-gen Ike, getting a new appearance based on her promoted class. (Ike -Ranger > Lord > Hero, something like that)

But still. Roy will be my boi. Long live t3hph1r3!! ...I might also clarify that because of the whole Smash 4 speculation scene, I'll probably not be fond of a new Fire Emblem character too soon. I'd like to wait for a while and let other series shine, not to mention that Roy was literally the only thing I need for FE in Smash, given he's part of what got me into FE in the first place.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I honestly find Robin being cut for the next game to be likely. They'll have to cut some characters, and Robin doesn't seem like he has much of a future unlike Lucina and Chrom. I see Lucina being kept for her popularity and for being an easy addition, plus she will still be able to represent Awakening without Robin. I also see a new unique FE character getting in, someone like Azura. :mewtwomelee:
Isn't that exactly what people said about Ike?

Last edited by a moderator:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
So I was just thinking of a few minor things I'd like for some characters
:4myfriends:: him using the Urvan somewhere (I don't even mind if taunt only; it's cool that he uses it in Codename S.T.E.A.M.)
:4lucario:: Bone Rush as a Smash attack or special move (in the anime and Pokken it's like his signature move)
:4bowser:: just give him his epic line of "showtime"

Are there any other minor things any of you would like to see?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom