• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Look, Sakurai is free to take a Vacation, man. He's Japanese where they put their work moreso than their livelihood but he's still human.

Guy just probably wants a break or even on a small business trip unrelated to Smash.

Or what others have said, the picture is probably old

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Look, Sakurai is free to take a Vacation, man. He's Japanese where they put their work moreso than their livelihood but he's still human.

Guy just probably wants a break or even on a small business trip unrelated to Smash.

No, it was a joke that Sakurai would never take a vacation because he's a workaholic.
Lol.

Well for all you undertale fans who want it to succeed, game grumps (or at least Steam Train) are doing it now. Quite a bit of free publicity for it.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

I was seriously joking, of course the man is entitled to vacations, I'd give him a month off to relax if I ever had the chance to.
I'm just poking fun at his workaholic nature. The dude only took, like, a few days in December of vacation the entire time smash 4 was in development.
And I'd still just like to know why he's there, not for any conspiracy theories, just because I love the guy and like to know what he's up to.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well for all you undertale fans who want it to succeed, game grumps (or at least Steam Train) are doing it now. Quite a bit of free publicity for it.
Super Best Friends are playing it as well

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wonder how this site will react when both Shovel Knight and Shantae are playable.
There will be a clear division:
1. The supporters who will be rejoicing
2. The detractors who will be salty
3. The people who don't care and are just happy that more characters are being added

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
"When?"
Do you have a leak to share with us, Kenith? :3
Say hello to my good friend Shantae. ;)
Nope.
On second thought...I'm pretty sure I could infracted for pretending to be a leaker. Don't put me on the spot like that. :urg:

Honestly I do want to see Shovel Knight and Shantae get in together, even thought it's got a 0.0000001% chance of happening.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
If this were a Yacht Club guy the reaction would be very different.
Thank you. Seriously. I'm sorry, but the Wayforward hate is now driving me up a wall.

Seriously, cut it out. All that was done here was we shared a pic of Matt Bozon and Sakurai together, then everyone does the obvious and goes (don't look into this, she's not in, hate, salt, etc).

I'm really glad just to see such a picture is even acquired from the guy, it must have been great to meet the man that made Smash Bros. But just because you have too much spite and slat towards Wayforward and bias with Shovel Knight, I'm really getting fed up with the immaturity people are treating this companies and their workers because of this damn ballot. Really, this is just unfair just to has so much spite for one thing a company does and bias turn of the cheek with some character apparently being in Smash...

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Just saying that that if both shantae and shovel knight got in at the end of the day the amount of excitement and hype in me would reach height levels of mt.everest

D

Deleted member

Well, the Shantae support thread here has 184 pages.

The Shovel Knight thread has 13.
The Shantae thread has been around since 2012 while the Shovel Knight thread was just made last year just shortly before his game's release.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Thank you. Seriously. I'm sorry, but the Wayforward hate is now driving me up a wall.

Seriously, cut it out. All that was done here was we shared a pic of Matt Bozon and Sakurai together, then everyone does the obvious and goes (don't look into this, she's not in, hate, salt, etc).

I'm really glad just to see such a picture is even acquired from the guy, it must have been great to meet the man that made Smash Bros. But just because you have too much spite and slat towards Wayforward and bias with Shovel Knight, I'm really getting fed up with the immaturity people are treating this companies and their workers because of this damn ballot. Really, this is just unfair just to has so much spite for one thing a company does and bias turn of the cheek with some character apparently being in Smash...
Pretty sure that's not Matt Bozon.

I don't think most people here are trying to hate.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Swamp leave us alone" is winning.

T.T

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Pretty sure that's not Matt Bozon.

I don't think most people here are trying to hate.
Sorry, I associated Matt on instinct, but my point was still that some people around here just seems to be taking the image too personally. It's just a picture of a dev with Sakurai, nothing more.

But thanks for the correction.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The Shantae thread has been around since 2012 while the Shovel Knight thread was just made last year just shortly before his game's release.
This, also, it's easy to rack up pages when you have a concentrated, somewhat obsessive fanbase like Shantae does.
Shovel Knight's is a much more casual group.
On top of that...this is probably Shovel Knight's biggest hatebase...or, was.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Sorry, I associated Matt on instinct, but my point was still that some people around here just seems to be taking the image too personally. It's just a picture of a dev with Sakurai, nothing more.

But thanks for the correction.
It is our job as Smash fans to take everything personally. We're thirsty.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
If you're checking Twitter to have some clues over who's the next character in Smash, you guys might need some help.

That is the one place I feel like you guys are reaching too hard. I don't give a damn about rumors or leaks or clues but man if this was anyone else or any other non-indie third party character, we'll be doing this all day.

Just give up on Twitter, especially you epicmartin7 epicmartin7 . YCG Twitter feed doesn't help or hinder the rumor a lot considering they are teetering on that NDA if he's in and I doubt they'll do that if that's case.

I'm just doing this to avoid you guys from disappointment. Twitter is like the last place we should check
I'm going to be blatant and honest. I don't really believe in twitter posts. I don't really post them because they give clues toward a character. I post them because they keep the discussion rolling and speculation alive.

Your not going to find something all the time on twitter. They're just mostly for entertainment purposes. Of course, there's a chance you'll find stuff on twitter, but it really depends on the time and place.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I put that line in as a joke...

I didn't think it would win...

That actually hurts....

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I put that line in as a joke...

I didn't think it would win...

That actually hurts....
It's mostly joke votes. Don't take it too seriously.

Play Megaman 3&4. Best games in the series IMO and you haven't played X1 yet?

PLAY THEM

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So far, Shantae and the two Zelda titles are winning.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
"Swamp leave us alone" is winning.

T.T
Aw. Well, I voted Link's Awakening. It seems pretty underrated honestly. Has a lot of cool stuff in it, I picked it up when Club Nintendo was ending and definitely didn't regret spending my points on it. It definitely keeps up with other Zelda titles.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It's mostly joke votes. Don't take it too seriously.

Play Megaman 3&4. Best games in the series IMO and you haven't played X1 yet?

PLAY THEM
...I've never understood the praise for 3. I mean don't get me wrong, I LOVE all the Megaman games, 3 included, but The Doc Robots were such obnoxious padding to me, and the Wily Castle was a joke.
What is it about 3 that gets it so much admiration? Not an accusation, just curiosity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom