• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I remember when Sakurai attended an MGS anniversary event some time during Smash 4's development (Or before, not sure).

Regardless, don't take that as Shantae being in the game. He met up with Sakurai, that's probably about it.

Feel bad for Sakurai. Can't be around or do anything without being involved with Smash Bros.

Oh you wacky kids and your parody accounts
Ninlendo is on a role lately! Hope they keep this up with more announcements!

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If you're not playing games for fun, something is wrong with you.

I remember when Sakurai attended an MGS anniversary event some time during Smash 4's development (Or before, not sure).

Regardless, don't take that as Shantae being in the game. He met up with Sakurai, that's probably about it.

Feel bad for Sakurai. Can't be around or do anything without being involved with Smash Bros.
When you become THE person behind something famous, such things are bound to happen.

It's like Hideo Kojima with MGS or George Lucas with Star Wars. It's the franchises they're best known for, after all.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Certainly strange that Sakurai would go this far to go to Wayforward. Personally I'm keeping an eye on it.
I somehow don't think he was there SPECIFICALLY to go to Wayforward. Though I am definitely curious as to why he was in California, as well as how Wayforward ended up crossing paths with him.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
If you're not playing games for fun, something is wrong with you.

When you become THE person behind something famous, such things are bound to happen.

It's like Hideo Kojima with MGS or George Lucas with Star Wars. It's the franchises they're best known for, after all.
And I understand that completely. It's just that the man can't do anything related to games without it leading to something about Smash Bros. Like, people need to chill about that.

Oh well, still anticipating the ballot (and possible pre-ballot characters) as well.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Come on, guys, don't delude yourselves like this. Sakurai visiting a company does not mean their character gets in Smash.

Sakurai visited Platinum and we got trophies for the Wonder team, for instance.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
...Dammit.

Well, if this means what we think, congratulations to the supporters.
I sincerely doubt it.
It's very convient... Sakurai being in California with Wayforward's director in the state they're stationed in right near the end of the ballot...
Even with that I'm still not getting my hopes up. Even though as a supporter of Shantae I should.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think that means much of anything.

I'm even hearing accusations of it being shopped.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Come on, guys, don't delude yourselves like this. Sakurai visiting a company does not mean their character gets in Smash.

Going all the way from his home country to California is something noteworthy for an eyebrow to say the least.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Do realize that that was when the game was still in development. :smash:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
That shovel knight music discussions got me thinking so i came up with this
Character:Shovel Knight

Stage:Pridemoor Keep

Music with Stage:Shovel knight meledy,Strike the Earth(Remix),The Starlit Wilds, In the Halls of the Usurper(Remix),The Vital Vitriol,La Danse Macabre,The Betrayer

Character:King K Rool/Dixie Kong

Stage:Kongo Jungle(Already present in Game)

Music:K.Rool Battle(DK 64)(Remix),Mine Cart Madness,Reused Music
Thoughts?Was going to do a 3rd character but couldn't decided between rayman or bomberman and said screw it

Last edited by a moderator:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Last edited:

Chrono.

I seriously doubt it's shopped.

And I seriously doubt it means Shantae's in as well, lets not lose our heads. :4shulk:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That doesn't change his point, he's visited other companies and they didn't result in a character, for all we know she got the Commander Video treatment.
What I mean is that this is paid-for content.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I sincerely doubt it.
It's very convient... Sakurai being in California with Wayforward's director in the state they're stationed in right near the end of the ballot...
Even with that I'm still not getting my hopes up. Even though as a supporter of Shantae I should.
If you're a supporter, ESPECIALLY, if you're supporter, you should take this with an extra big grain of salt.
It would hurt even more, if it turns out the other way.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Going all the way from his home country to California is something noteworthy for an eyebrow to say the least.
Japan based game developers are not above going to visit Western developers in the U.S.

Shigeru Miyamoto has visited Retro Studios several times when regarding the Prime trilogy, for instance. The difference here is that people are quick to think OMG SMESH DIRECKTOR VISITED WEYFORWARD SO SHUNTAY IS IN SMESH.

Until we see reveals, it means nothing.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
That doesn't change his point, he's visited other companies and they didn't result in a character, for all we know she got the Commander Video treatment.
He wouldn't go all the way to pay a pretty expensive trip to California just to ask for a trophy, at the least he would have to ask if they can agree with a Mii costume or character.

Japan based game developers are not above going to visit Western developers in the U.S.

Shigeru Miyamoto has visited Retro Studios several times when regarding the Prime trilogy, for instance. The difference here is that people are quick to think OMG SMESH DIRECKTOR VISITED WEYFORWARD SO SHUNTAY IS IN SMESH.

Even if such an agreement were to be the case, there wouldn't be a reveal immediately following the pic, they still would have to develop the character after they done the agreement.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If you're a supporter, ESPECIALLY, if you're supporter, you should take this with an extra big grain of salt.
It would hurt even more, if it turns out the other way.
^All that, and a bag o' chips.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

He wouldn't go all the way to pay a pretty expensive trip to California just to ask for a trophy, at the least he would have to ask if they can agree with a Mii costume or character.
Do know that if it's for a trophy or a costume, there's something called a cell phone.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Guys, CLEARLY what's happening is that Shovel Knight is in the game, and Sakurai is going to multiple developers (indie companies) for trophies and mii costumes!

...So, what would be the reaction to that. Quote costume when.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Guys, CLEARLY what's happening is that Shovel Knight is in the game, and Sakurai is going to multiple developers (indie companies) for trophies and mii costumes!

...So, what would be the reaction to that. Quote costume when.
That's straw grasping.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
If this were a Yacht Club guy the reaction would be very different.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero

Even if such an agreement were to be the case, there wouldn't be a reveal immediately following the pic, they still would have to develop the character after they done the agreement.
I think this picture is from a while back though, and he was posting it more as a "this was a really cool moment, hope you guys voted for us" thing. It looks like they're in a convention building or something considering it has multiple exit doors lined up. This could have been at E3 or during something where Sakurai was present. I kind of doubt Wayforward has gymnasium-doors as an exit in their office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom