• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
A lot of the top characters have terrible threads here.

Bandana Dee, Wolf and Shantae are especially cringe worthy.
>Shantae
>Cringe Worthy
That, sir, is the understatement of the year.
The Shantae Thread is ABSOL-UTELY DEDE-DISGUSTING.
Don't even get me started. And this is coming from a Shantae supporter.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
>Shantae
>Cringe Worthy
That, sir, is the understatement of the year.
The Shantae Thread is ABSOL-UTELY DEDE-DISGUSTING.
Don't even get me started. And this is coming from a Shantae supporter.
No joke. They almost turned me off from Shantae. No support thread ever made me do that before.

Shame too. Bandana Dee, Wolf and Shantae have some neat supporters like the amazing Chandeelure Chandeelure and I don't want them any less.

It's just that going there isn't a pleasant experience and I've heard that sentiment echoed before.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
A lot of the top characters have terrible threads here.

Bandana Dee, Wolf and Shantae are especially cringe worthy.

K.Rool, Isaac and Snake have some of the nicer ones though they definitely have their moments.
I really don't want to be that guy, but yeah, the Snake DLC thread, Issac, and K. Rool thread (For the most part anyway...) are really the only ones I don't have much problems with (Bandanna Dee one is alright for the most part as well). Others...I just skim through quickly and leave. There's nice people in them, but it really doesn't help that they don't discuss the character, or even the franchise at times. Idk, having those threads open for so long really doesn't leave much discussion.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Funny thing, MM&B is Inafune's favorite MM game. And it was only made because they wanted to give MM fans on Nintendo systems something to play while the Playstation and (superior) Saturn have MM8

Despite being an SNES game in 1997.
And being released in Japan only
I knew about the reason for its existence but... Inafune's FAVORITE?
I swear that man makes my eyebrow raise one inch higher everytime I learn something about him these days (coughmightyno.9cough). And I use to idolize him.

Chrono.

Ahh MM&B.

The only Megaman game that punishes you for playing as Megaman.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
On a thrid thought screw it.My main problem with the Wolf thread is that they act so entitled like Sakurai bends to their whim.Like i remember a post saying that if Sakurai doesn't add Wolf to smash 4 he doesn't deserve to be director of Smash anymore.And i really remember a time when they tried to tell Push that he was wrong....By using his own article agaisnt him...Yeah that thread just gets under my skin.

But on a bit of a tamier note maybe we should stop while were ahead dont wanna start something with other threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I have gone into the Shantae and Bandana Dee threads many many times each.
I have never gone into the Shantae thread without either seeing a whole lot of noting or rage at other characters or any potential negative thing (bad essays about why something is illogical)

I have never gone into the BD thread without either seeing extremely heated arguments or plain weirdness.

can't talk for the wolf thread as I barely go in there ever. I know there are 1 or 2 members from there who are obnoxious though. . . (no obnoxious is not one f them ironically)

D

Deleted member

I really don't want to be that guy, but yeah, the Snake DLC thread, Issac, and K. Rool thread (For the most part anyway...) are really the only ones I don't have much problems with (Bandanna Dee one is alright for the most part as well). Others...I just skim through quickly and leave. There's nice people in them, but it really doesn't help that they don't discuss the character, or even the franchise at times. Idk, having those threads open for so long really doesn't leave much discussion.
I agree (except for the Isaac thread, but that's only because I don't really care about Isaac enough to frequent the thread :p).

The K. Rool thread and the Snake thread are good examples of quality threads, even though the K. Rool thread tends to go down into "woe is me" periods of melodramatics from time to time.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I do agree because the Doc Robots make the game unfun in my eyes and I hate how people just say "get gud" when it's kinda hard to when you have to learn weaknesses for robots who have MM2 powerups and how some have some crazy patterns and Protoman pls.

Even then, the only MM game that upset me was Megaman & Bass by it's just BS level design and be warned. I played the GBA version which is the worst version as a youngster. I hate the setup, how neutered Rock was compared to Bass.(He doesn't have his Super Adaptor but Bass does.)

That game is actually no good.
Only the King levels have really bad design IMO, and it's more due to just how painfully long they are. Actually I beat the game as Mega Man before I did with Bass. Never even bothered with Bass until 3 years later due to his pitiful damage output.

If you want BS level design you gotta play III on the Gameboy.

2 just comes down to solid level design, weapons and music for me. Even without spammy-mic-OPBlades, I adore doing runs with all the weapons in that game, it is the one and only instance where I can say with certainty that I love every single weapon in a Mega Man game.
The bit with E-tanks never bothered me. Plus, 2's "normal" mode is pretty much everyone's starting point with Megaman, which is probably why it's so well recieved. Dispicably OP Mega Buster aside, it's still plenty challenging for someone who has never played a megaman Game in their life.
All the Classic Megaman games have their own unique high and low points, I guess it's just why the series has so much charm and got away with having 6 games on NES well into the SNES life cycle.
And yeah the Sentry Turrets boss can eat a massive, spotted metalic.... hot dog.
It's the best selling game in the series so I'm not surprised that it's pure nostalgia fueling the love for it.

RM levels are potentially the best in the series, but I still stand by saying the Wily Castle is the worst in the series by restricting weapon usage and punishing new players unlike any other game in the series. Easy mode be ****ed.

It's the same as 3 in the sense. The Robot masters are great, the powerups are fantastic, the iconic music (Title theme, Metal Man, Air Man, Wood Man and Wily's Castle) and just feels like that continuation that MM3 had but it has its problems.

It's why I consider 4 superior than 2/3 because the addition of the iconic charge **** which is now a staple in EVERY Megaman game, the music, robot masters were kinda lackluster but had their charms and Dr. Cossack's Castle is better than all the Wily Castles ever.
4 is probably my 2nd least favorite in the series (next to 10). IDK the RM levels just don't do much for me and the Charge Shot I don't think was implemented very well (have to fire before charging, doesn't feel very destructive).

Dr. Cossack needs to come back again at some point. :3

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Nothing wrong with Shantae.

Her character support thread is the bad thing.
I don't want to point fingers to anyone specific
But I REAAAAALLY wanna point my good ol' index right at someone
But I won't
For the sake of everyone here.
I'm better than that.

D

Deleted member

I feel like this Thread discussion is going to rub off in the wrong way to some people

I don't want to point fingers to anyone specific
But I REAAAAALLY wanna point my good ol' index right at someone
But I won't
For the sake of everyone here.
I'm better than that.
Is it Raheem?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That's odd, when I go into the Shantae thread it's usually just cheer leading and fanart.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The Snake support thread is really nice. Although it's mostly MGSV discussion and how much we hate Konami.

Dixie thread are quiet except during the K. Rool Mii fiasco and Smashified thing.

The best Support thread is still Ryu. It started as it ended, flat, then resurrected in salt then finished strong with post over the ideas and fun it brought. That was great.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
And that's why I go there every now and again!
Some people may be...urking...but the fanart is cute (Most of the time) and saves me from digging through DeviantART hell to find cute images :4pacman:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's what I meant. The thread?
The same problems I personally have with Wolf's and Bandana Dee's threads.

• Supreme Overconfidence in the character
  • Aggression in the face of adversity
  • Extended Sakurai Bashing
  • A few fans are too into the character
  • Pure negative nannies
  • Double posting up the wazoo
  • Like farming
  • The threads act like social groups/threads
It's pretty much the problems other threads have but for some reason it's compounded there exponentially.

It's an anomaly because in other parts of the site those character's fans are pretty darn cool.

I think its just a few bad apples that found footholds there and sour the experience.

Now I will say, as the ballot went on these threads got much better.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think it'll matter if you go to one soon since chances are the mods might close all of them due to the ballot ending in a few hours.
The threads will most likely close once the last DLC character is revealed.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

• Pure negative nannies
  • Like farming
It's pretty much the problems other threads have but for some reason it's compounded there exponentially.

It's an anomaly because in other parts of the site those character's fans are pretty darn cool.

I think its just a few bad apples that found footholds there and sour the experience.

Ah. I guess I've gotten use to it when I joined there.

Doesn't change my feelings towards Shantae in Smash.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ah. I guess I've gotten use to it when I joined there.

Doesn't change my feelings towards Shantae in Smash.
Hey man. You're a cool guy and I don't hold a character against users.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

• Pure negative nannies
  • Like farming

Man the start of ballot was awful is your a regular in character threads.Every thread was at each other neck and was genuinely not a fun place to be around at the time

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
  • Pure negative nannies
When it isn't cute fanart, it's usually this.
But let's change subject to something better!
upload_2015-10-3_20-44-52.png

Pikmin 3 has Bonus Ducks! :4pacman:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Kenith, no, I'm seriously, Link's Awakening is the best
I absolutely love Link's Awakening. It does some pretty cool stuff that LTTP doesn't do.
Also, it's got the infamous "stealing stuff from the item shop and being brutally murdered by the shopkeep if you go back to the shop" thing in it. haha

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
No joke. They almost turned me off from Shantae. No support thread ever made me do that before.

Shame too. Bandana Dee, Wolf and Shantae have some neat supporters like the amazing Chandeelure Chandeelure and I don't want them any less.

It's just that going there isn't a pleasant experience and I've heard that sentiment echoed before.
You are amazing too, Swamp :awesome:

And yeah, I have the same opinion about Shantae and her thread.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Man the start of ballot was awful is your a regular in character threads.Every thread was at each other neck and was genuinely not a fun place to be around at the time
The Wolf threads were super awful at the start and the King K. Rool one was pretty crazy.

The true pain was after the first data mining of DLC, the Roy thread was a warzone and the Ryu support thread only got a bump so people could complain.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Wolf threads were super awful at the start and the King K. Rool one was pretty crazy.

The true pain was after the first data mining of DLC, the Roy thread was a warzone and the Ryu support thread only got a bump so people could complain.
K.Rool's thread is odd.

Most of the time it's nice.

And then one thing happens and they all freak out.

Overall I think the Kuthoats are among the better groups out there but geez. They can be ridiculous at times.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
When I played Shantae's game I was excited to start researching her on the net.

Her fanbase around the net in general is a little squicky.

It's so strange that there's this cute little Nintendo style character, but you're more likely to see her sexualized in fan art than Bayonetta, a game that plays with a woman's sexuality as a theme.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
When I played Shantae's game I was excited to start researching her on the net.

Her fanbase around the net in general is a little squicky.

It's so strange that there's this cute little Nintendo style character, but you're more likely to see her sexualized in fan art than Bayonetta, a game that plays with a woman's sexuality as a theme.
Shantae is cute.

Bayonetta is sexy.

Different styles I guess?

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
On the subject on MM&BASS, I actually played it, got to one of the last stages where the vanish blocks were, tried it once, then quit. I had never done that with a Mega Man game before- not because it was too hard. I could sit there and beat it, I've certainly forced myself through worse.

I just wasn't having any fun. Maybe I should have picked Bass, but I didn't care at that point. The levels were just uninspired and the controls were way too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom