• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
On characters
More specifically, K. Rool and Wolf
As I think we won't be seeing any of them this year(more like in DLC in general but I ain't waiting that much)
Loser has to use an avi decided by the winner for a month
Should only one of them happen, then both of us "lose"
If there is anything you may want to change about the rules, feel free to say it
So... if I understood, in need to bet that either K.Rool and Wolf will make it or none of them will make it?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The first time I saw footage of Duck Hunt Dog in Smash was one of the best moments in my life. The underdog I have been hopelessly supporting for 12 years actually got in Smash as a playable character! Better yet, he has a duck riding on his back a la Banjo-Kazooie just like my old ideas way back in the pre-Brawl days!! And even better yet, he has the clay pigeon side special and the fly away up special just like all my DHD movesets!!! And to top it off, he even has the person shooting with the NES Zapper from the fourth wall just like my most recent DHD movesets!!!! And to sweeten the deal, he has special moves based on Hogan's Alley and Wild Gunman!!!!!

I love that the dog laughs at the most appropriate times... his entrance, his taunt, his Final Smash, his victory pose... just like what I had dreamed for years. And I love that he has a trolling moveset with lots of projectiles to the point people don't want to play against him online. :troll:

I just love my main. :4duckhunt:
He's my second main, I love him too. One thing I wanted to point out though, is that your signature may need a little updating. ;)

Chrono.

Gamexplain DLC predictions.If you dont wanna the video there predictions our.Wolf,E Gadd,K rool,Inkling,Chibi-Robo,Isaac,Slippy, and Shovel Knight/Shantae.So nothing were not used to seeing but a few odd balls
Saw this earlier, pretty decent video.

Stiiiiill not sold on E.Gadd, but it's mostly King Boo bias :p

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Huh. The ballot is still up, and it's well into the 4th over in japan. Wonder what's taking it.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Also. Even though :4ryu: is probably my favorite newcomer so far due to his playstyle, :4lucina: will always be my hot Waifu :denzel:.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
While I would like us to know the results of who was chosen right when it ends, there's virtually no chance of that happening. But hey, would be cool if not did though.

Anyways, I've been playing R.O.B a bit now. Not only is he so much fun to play as, he's also just a great character. Might just put him as one of my mains. :4rob:
Do it. We need more! Gyro OP.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Well I can't believe it's the end of the ballot.
It feels like only yesterday I was losing my mind over the fact that Lucas has returned.
Ah how Time Flies.
This is exactly how I feel too, Doodle.
How is it already October 3rd?? This year has flown by.

Also I voted for Isaac. ...a lot. Tetra too.

Chrono.

Huh. The ballot is still up, and it's well into the 4th over in japan. Wonder what's taking it.
I think they're waiting for the rest of the regions to go into the 4th as well? maybe?

It's strange that there hasn't even been a reminder from the officials though.

D

Deleted member

So... if I understood, in need to bet that either K.Rool and Wolf will make it or none of them will make it?
Exactly
Unless you want to do with two other characters
It was mainly a suggestion
The point of it is mostly "both or none"
Also. Even though :4ryu: is probably my favorite newcomer so far due to his playstyle, :4lucina: will always be my hot Waifu :denzel:.
>Not having Ryu as your waifu
The door is right there

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Also on the mind of the release game, Shulk is probably the most unique swordfighters in the series bar none. His playstyle isn't just Link, Marth or Ike but a different character who relies on his stance switching and mind games to put different types of pressure on his opponents.

He can be as heavy as Bowser, Fast as Fox, can rack up damage pretty quickly like Sheik, Jump as high as Pit and KO opponents as deadly as Captain Falcon.

He was a character I wanted and believe he'll be unique way before ESRB and even Gemastu. I still play him from time to time and he's a super fun character that everyone should play.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Do it. We need more! Gyro OP.
Probably the best part are his grab setups. He has two easy kill throws, a projectile that's good at keeping fighters at bay, and also insane recovery. Aerials are also pretty good.

I've always though R.O.B was good, but why don't more people use this character? He seems like top tier material to me.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Probably the best part are his grab setups. He has two easy kill throws, a projectile that's good at keeping fighters at bay, and also insane recovery. Aerials are also pretty good.

I've always though R.O.B was good, but why don't more people use this character? He seems like top tier material to me.
This is my exact thoughts as a R.O.B. main, I've been using him more then bowser lately, and I love everything about him which is why I main him. I think he is just overlooked because he's an odd retro and just sort of there. He is amazing! I love his grabs as well, the down and up grabs are so good! I love his spike! The gyromite racks up damage pretty easily, his laser has great range and can be easily used to hit opponents anywhere. His smash attacks are pretty good and I love comboing into the up aerial, which can kill easily. There his robot arms of justice! And his ability to affect projectiles is so good and you can extend it's length! It's always the best thing when villager players on for glory fight me and chop down the tree only to have R.O.B. punch it back and send them flying! R.O.B. definitely should be higher tiered imo. Everything about him is great which is why he is one of my favorite roster additions!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
They tried to be like Scribblenauts and Drawn to life but not good.

Like Mascot Platformers in the early 90s trying to be like Mario and Sonic

D

Deleted member

Ok, you know what is the worst sin any game developer can commit? Not on-disk DLC, not delaying your game without reason, not releasing an unfinished game
No
It's ****ing limiting this song to a specific skill that lasts 3 turns
I mained Lucina before, during, and after it was cool.
It is no longer cool.
why do I torture myself by maining this character
Same
Sometimes I just ask myself "why am I playing Lucina when I could be playing Marth?"

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
R.O.B has been one of my mains since the start.
And that was back when I thought he was legit Video Game Character.
A Mario one to be precise.
Which wasn't too far fetched to me seeing how I didn't know Wario had his own series.
So I thought R.O.B was the same.
It was all because he was in Mario Kart DS.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bowser Jr. in a Clown Car was one of the best ideas Sakurai ever had in designing a character. I don't think a lot of people saw it coming.
I was one of the few that did.
*Smug face*

Now, did I expect the entire thing to be a Swiss-Army Knife of randomized weapons (including actually random weapons such as the fork and the tongue)? Nope. So kudos to Sakurai for still making it unexpected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom