• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Clearing 3DS Classic on 9.0 with Donkey Kong was surprisingly easy.

Metal opponents and Master Beast were completely destroyed by his Down Special.

Chrono.

Clearing 3DS Classic on 9.0 with Donkey Kong was surprisingly easy.

Metal opponents and Master Beast were completely destroyed by his Down Special.
Yeah, I expected it to be crushingly hard but it turned out to be not too bad (and I did it with Ike which is a character I don't really use).

Wii U classic mode can go to hell though.

Zekrom101

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zekrom101
In celebration of Smash 3DS' anniversary, let's remember some salt.

Yeah i mean look at this guy
View attachment 76301
His arguments are garbage and he's in total denial.What an idoit am i right
These are examples why I don't call any leak instantly "FAKE!!!!111!!", even the crappiest 4chan text leak could be true.
I believe calling a leak fake"FAKE111!!1!" without any evidence is wrong

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
If we actually end up getting 3 characters, I wonder what kind of nightmare All-Star on hard is going to be in the Wii U version. Trying to do that as Shiek and Olimar was disgusting enough with the 4 DLC fighters we already have.
As long as you didn't threaten to send pics of your genitals to your family it's okay.
We Smash fans clearly have the bar set pretty high.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, I expected it to be crushingly hard but it turned out to be not too bad (and I did it with Ike which is a character I don't really use).

Wii U classic mode can go to hell though.
Yeah, I heard Wii U's Classic mode is much harder.

I already did 3DS's Classic on 9.0 as 4 characters: Ganondorf, Bowser Jr., Donkey Kong and Robin.

Of course, I was playing the credits mini-game when I see "Executive Producer: Satoru Iwata" and I get :( all over again.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The hardest thing To do in Classic mode is 9.0 as Captain Falcon but man does it feel satisfying to beat Master Core with a Falcon Punch

Also my signature has all Pink in it because of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Gonna do he same for my Avatar as well

Gonna show my support all month long for a cause bigger than anything else and it's a sickness that can affect any gender at any age so I just say to be careful.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's surprising to think it's been a whole year with Smash 3DS and Smash 4 in general.

Who'd have thought we'd end up with where we are now? DLC still on the way, a ballot, surprising DLC additions like Roy and Ryu.

An actual still standing rumor for Shovel Knight.

What a wild ride it's been.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
My prediction for the ballot is this. Now this is my opinion, so bear with me. A lot of my logic here is by trying to think how Sakurai thinks, and act like he acts. Which isn't possible. Because the man is insane.

I predict a Veteran pack. With classic stages such as FoD and characters such as Wolf, Pichu, some variation of the Icies, and maybe Snake. The veterans chosen may vary of course, but I think they'll want to separate the veterans from the newcomers that are "chosen" (take that word lightly) from the ballot.

For newcomers, I really do not know. Honesty, just judging by the way the man goes back on his word. I think Ridley is a bigger possibility than we think, but I don't necessarily believe it will happen. Other characters that I see as likely might be Paper Mario, Dixie, Shovel Knight (the ONLY Indie character that I think has a remote chance), Tetra (only to promote HW DLC, possibly as some excuse for a Wind Waker anniversary), and some others.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
While I would like us to know the results of who was chosen right when it ends, there's virtually no chance of that happening. But hey, would be cool if not did though.

Anyways, I've been playing R.O.B a bit now. Not only is he so much fun to play as, he's also just a great character. Might just put him as one of my mains. :4rob:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
While I would like us to know the results of who was chosen right when it ends, there's virtually no chance of that happening. But hey, would be cool if not did though.

Anyways, I've been playing R.O.B a bit now. Not only is he so much fun to play as, he's also just a great character. Might just put him as one of my mains. :4rob:
I've been doing the same as :4wario2:&:4pit:. I love how I can surprise and set up opponents with a perfectly timed Waft even with Rage and Pit's fantastic air game and combo potential makes him pretty fun

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
My prediction for the ballot is this. Now this is my opinion, so bear with me. A lot of my logic here is by trying to think how Sakurai thinks, and act like he acts. Which isn't possible. Because the man is insane.

I predict a Veteran pack. With classic stages such as FoD and characters such as Wolf, Pichu, some variation of the Icies, and maybe Snake. The veterans chosen may vary of course, but I think they'll want to separate the veterans from the newcomers that are "chosen" (take that word lightly) from the ballot.

For newcomers, I really do not know. Honesty, just judging by the way the man goes back on his word. I think Ridley is a bigger possibility than we think, but I don't necessarily believe it will happen. Other characters that I see as likely might be Paper Mario, Dixie, Shovel Knight (the ONLY Indie character that I think has a remote chance), Tetra (only to promote HW DLC, possibly as some excuse for a Wind Waker anniversary), and some others.
There's currently only 3 placeholders for fighters, so I think you're expecting a bit much in terms of characters. None of the other DLC has been divided into packs for vets/newcomers either. On the eshop (and Amazon) they just bundle it by waves, and smaller bundles if you just want characters or costumes.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

So you're predicting 6-8 new DLX character? That's a tad on the optimistic side, I think.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
There's currently only 3 placeholders for fighters, so I think you're expecting a bit much in terms of characters. None of the other DLC has been divided into packs for vets/newcomers either. On the eshop (and Amazon) they just bundle it by waves, and smaller bundles if you just want characters or costumes.
True. Which is why I tried to just stick to names instead of deciding who I'm going with.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

I don't know about all those veterans, but I certainly would not mind them...
Though if they brought back Pichu they should have Young Link too so we can have every Melee character in Smash 4 ^_^
I can see any or all of these newcomers happening.
Ridley is...probably a Smash 5 thing though. I feel like he will be THE hype newcomer for that game. In which case King K. Rool's chances for DLC are significantly higher.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
My prediction for the future is that every prediction made on Smashboards, Neogaf, Gamefaqs and every other forum that discusses Smash Bros will be wrong.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My prediction for the future is that every prediction made on Smashboards, Neogaf, Gamefaqs and every other forum that discusses Smash Bros will be wrong.
When you're with Dixie Kong, you're never wrong.

Please don't use Mii costumes on her Samurai she doesn't deserve that faith

Chrono.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw another veteran past Wolf. But who would it be?
  • Pichu seems to be the likeliest one at a glance, but he was also intentionally put in Melee as a joke and wasn't even brought back for Brawl, as well not being part of the Forbidden 7 group. So maybe Sakurai never intends on using him again, but he does have a decent following (like any cut veteran) so who knows.
  • Young Link's problems are self-explanatory. 3rd Link, 2nd child variation of him, Zelda didn't have newcomers this time around so he would be pretty WTF on that alone. Like Pichu, he has a surprisingly decent following.
  • Ice Climbers aren't happening unless they worked out their issues, which I don't see as likely. I don't believe they'll go all SoPo on us either.
  • Squirtle and Ivysaur are a package deal, with the Trainer gone and Charizard being chosen over them, I don't think they'll come back as DLC, especially since Pichu is the new favorite.
  • Snake has the unfortunate fate of being a crossfire victim in the whole Kojima/Konami stuff and Sakurai apparently didn't intend on adding Snake for the base game, so I see him as even less likely now. But his demand is pretty huge, being the most requested veteran after Wolf, so who knows what might change.
Tl;dr: I can see more veterans after Wolf happening because: easy money+easy to make+all have a following.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Since that this prediction was made on Smashboard, how do we consider it : fake or true?:troll:
When you're with Dixie Kong, you're never wrong.

Please don't use Mii costumes on her Samurai she doesn't deserve that faith
Except if you think like me that costume doesn't matter :psycho: (I could be wrong thought...)

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I think we should have a staw poll (paging @Swampasaur)

Should spoilers be allowed in NintenZone?

A: yes, no spoiler tags!
B: yes, but with only spoiler tags and labelled
C: yes, with spoiler tags expect if it's five years or more, than no spoiler tags.
D: No, not at all.

I'm going to guess most people will vote either B or C.

Also apparently the Nintendo DeNa game is coming soon and it's unexpected. Source is on my Twitter (too lazy to link the retweet right now)

Expect the unexpected now.....
Cardcaptors confirmed

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well I can't believe it's the end of the ballot.
It feels like only yesterday I was losing my mind over the fact that Lucas has returned.
Ah how Time Flys.
You misspelled Flies

I think Yo-Kai Watch looks great, but the US voice acting is just...
:urg:
Gotta admit, that song looks pretty...bad. Sounds like one of those early childhood game songs.

I ain't saying go the Saban route with Digimon and make everything rap and buttrock but man that sounds weird. Sorry Blue

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's not gonna attract you guys, it's meant to target children anyway. :p
Still like the song, if I were a child, I'd be dancing to it all day.
My baby brother already loves the song the moment I played it to him today.

D

Deleted member

I expect to have news on Monday
Why? Because I'll be taking a 12 hour flight and knowing my luck...

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I can't really believe is been a year since Smash 4's release. I remember the shockwaves the Mewtwo reveal caused like it was yesterday...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It's not gonna attract you guys, it's meant to target children anyway. :p
Still like the song, if I were a child, I'd be dancing to it all day.
My baby brother already loves the song the moment I played it to him today.
This game is definely still on my list of games to get this year.
Let's hope it's a success (unlike LBX).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
In celebration of Smash 3DS' anniversary, let's remember some salt.

The first time I saw footage of Duck Hunt Dog in Smash was one of the best moments in my life. The underdog I have been hopelessly supporting for 12 years actually got in Smash as a playable character! Better yet, he has a duck riding on his back a la Banjo-Kazooie just like my old ideas way back in the pre-Brawl days!! And even better yet, he has the clay pigeon side special and the fly away up special just like all my DHD movesets!!! And to top it off, he even has the person shooting with the NES Zapper from the fourth wall just like my most recent DHD movesets!!!! And to sweeten the deal, he has special moves based on Hogan's Alley and Wild Gunman!!!!!

I love that the dog laughs at the most appropriate times... his entrance, his taunt, his Final Smash, his victory pose... just like what I had dreamed for years. And I love that he has a trolling moveset with lots of projectiles to the point people don't want to play against him online. :troll:

I just love my main. :4duckhunt:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The first time I saw footage of Duck Hunt Dog in Smash was one of the best moments in my life. The underdog I have been hopelessly supporting for 12 years actually got in Smash as a playable character! Better yet, he has a duck riding on his back a la Banjo-Kazooie just like my old ideas way back in the pre-Brawl days!! And even better yet, he has the clay pigeon side special and the fly away up special just like all my DHD movesets!!! And to top it off, he even has the person shooting with the NES Zapper from the fourth wall just like my most recent DHD movesets!!!! And to sweeten the deal, he has special moves based on Hogan's Alley and Wild Gunman!!!!!

I love that the dog laughs at the most appropriate times... his entrance, his taunt, his Final Smash, his victory pose... just like what I had dreamed for years. And I love that he has a trolling moveset with lots of projectiles to the point people don't want to play against him online. :troll:

I'll never forget running home to check if the pic of him had surfaced yet (as it hadn't the morning that people started getting the game early). When I got back and saw that Pup sitting there with his duck friend sitting on his shoulder was one of my favorite moments of anything to do with Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You guys have no sense of time or what? It's been a long and slow year for me.

Also, anyone want to make a bet or something? I feel like forcing other users to use the avatar I want as punishment for thinking they could outsmart me :cool:

Bananija

Count of Trickery

I was as happy than you but with Bowser Jr. Well, that and I never made a moveset for him with the clown car ( or just never one in general). I was pretty happy to see Duck Hunt in thought.
You guys have no sense of time or what? It's been a long and slow year for me.

Also, anyone want to make a bet or something? I feel like forcing other users to use the avatar I want as punishment for thinking they could outsmart me :cool:
What do you want to bet?

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Gamexplain DLC predictions.If you dont wanna the video there predictions our.Wolf,E Gadd,K rool,Inkling,Chibi-Robo,Isaac,Slippy, and Shovel Knight/Shantae.So nothing were not used to seeing but a few odd balls

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

Your mains can essentially appear out of nowhere.

I remember the first time Ryu was revealed. My hype was through the roof when he was revealed.
His playstyle immediately caught on to me and he was my main ever since. :4ryu:was essentially the character I never knew I wanted :p.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Bowser Jr. in a Clown Car was one of the best ideas Sakurai ever had in designing a character. I don't think a lot of people saw it coming.

And the fact he has all 7 Koopalings as alts just sweetens the deal.

He was one of my most wanted characters for Brawl and, though my desire to see him in Smash had waned, I was very satisfied to see him in Smash 3DS/Wii U. Not only the moveset is amazing, the Koopalings are playable, something I never dreamed of happening despite liking them.

Shadow Mario as the Final Smash is also a great nod to his debut game. Sunshine is one of my favorite games of all time.

D

Deleted member

I was as happy than you but with Bowser Jr. Well, that and I never made a moveset for him with the clown car ( or just never one in general). I was pretty happy to see Duck Hunt in thought.

What do you want to bet?
On characters
More specifically, K. Rool and Wolf
As I think we won't be seeing any of them this year(more like in DLC in general but I ain't waiting that much)
Loser has to use an avi decided by the winner for a month
Should only one of them happen, then both of us "lose"
If there is anything you may want to change about the rules, feel free to say it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom