• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
....ok, but let me warn on something, it has overkill transitions.....beware:

Credits to @Rockaphin , not the best moveset I saw, but it;s definitely A LOT better than the usual awful and overkill moveset I saw (and finally someone who uses stylish).

And yes I spent a day to record all these clips in high quality (except my daazle cause it's cheap, rest was emulator though).
The partner idea sounds fantastic! It might have some balancing/technical issues, but I absolutely love the idea! I would reduce it to to 4 partners for balancing, and have partners from the 1st two games only though. The rest of the move set is pretty good too!

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I'm all on board for the "person we voted for thing". Sadly Jack Frost seems pretty unlikely, but considering SMT has been around longer than Final Fantasy (that's right. The first MegaTen game came out 3 months before Final Fantasy in 1987, yo) and has been somewhat steady in its releases on Nintendo stuff ever since then, I'd really love to see the mascot show up.

(someone's gotta use the Ice Climbers moves since they're gone now. Hee-ho!)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If I wasn't rocking my new Brazilian beard. I'd totally change my avatar for who I voted for in the ballot. All 5 of them in one avatar. Lol.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The partner idea sounds fantastic! It might have some balancing/technical issues, but I absolutely love the idea! I would reduce it to to 4 partners for balancing, and have partners from the 1st two games only though. The rest of the move set is pretty good too!
let me explain because you can balance it.

How I interpreted the playstyle was that I viewed him as high control and versatile character that needs maintenance to adapt himself. What I mean by this is in his game, if you wanted to chnage your strategy, you had to risk soemthing. For example, switching partners make you loose one of your 2 turns (unless you ahve quick chnage, but let;s not go there). If you wanted to use a special moves that isn;t the standard jump and hammer or the basic moves from your partners, you had to use FP.

This is where the maintenance comes in, for example, I would put a laggy switch mechanic. The point is to have goombella defaulted so she is accessible, but weak. Switching becomes risky, but it';s a risk for havign the right move at the right moment. Making the switch diffcult, but the mvoes very usefull kinda allegiate the balance thing. You would ahve to find a way to switch like knocking far back the foe or soemthing.

As for smash attacks, same thing, I woudl expect power smash to be more laggy, hammer throw to be a bit less laggy, but weaker.....etc.....

This is where I think the balance would come in :)

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
So the Pokemon Company apparently fined a guy for having a Pokemon-themed party.
This better be a joke.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/a-broke-fan-owes-5400-for-trying-to-throw-a-pokemon-themed-party

----
They used official artwork to promote a thing. The guy manages a business, he should know he can't use copyrighted materials without permission in order to advertise something. They wouldn't sue if he used fan-art to promote it, but then whatever artist did the fan art could sue if he didn't get permission either.

Edit: Notice it says no cover, not "free food and drink" or anything, so they could argue that he was trying to do this for profit for his cafe that he manages.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So what are everyone's thoughts on Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival?

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
A beard in the gay community is a woman you date to cover up your homosexuality.

I thought this was like a common wide spread word and not one of the hidden secret ones like twunk, otter, hunty, etc

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A beard in the gay community is a woman you date to cover up your homosexuality.

I thought this was like a common wide spread word and not one of the hidden secret ones like twunk, otter, hunty, etc
Hm, interesting, I've never heard that terminology before.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Quick announcement: in 36 hours or so, Source Gaming will record it's first podcast. We have a special guest lined up, and we will discuss the new Dlc, end of the ballot and the new data slots found by @shinyquagsire23. Let me know if you have any questions you would like to see us answered.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Quick announcement: in 36 hours or so, Source Gaming will record it's first podcast. We have a special guest lined up, and we will discuss the new Dlc, end of the ballot and the new data slots found by @shinyquagsire23. Let me know if you have any questions you would like to see us answered.
If I my ask, how many more waves of DLC do you guys see feasible?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Well I knew about it. Kenith are smart. :chuckle:
...I don't know what any of those other things are. Not Googling it, nope.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mii Codtumes you would like to see
And what other types of DLC you want to see

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I just saw all the cutscenes for Star Fox Command...
It feels like a fanfic they saw and turned into its own game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Of the DLC so far, what has been your absolute favorite piece of DLC?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What was the most disappointing DLC for you guys?

Do you think Smash 4 will have an "Ultimate" version?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
...The site sure has grown in the past few months.

----

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Because of the addition of the 3rd slot, do you think plans have changed in terms of Smash DLC?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Do you think a 4th slot is possible?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Do you still believe in the shovel knight rumor after recent events?Also Smash 4 NX?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Yeah, everyone is working really hard to give you guys the best coverage! Hopefully we are still maintaining the level of quality you guys expect.
I'm only working "kind of" hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom