• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, since the ballot is almost over, what did you guys vote for? Here's a list of ones I did

Snake

Shovel Knight (Yes, WAY back when the ballot was announced)

Rayman

King K. Rool (First vote I went for. Though tbh, my hype for him has gone down a bit. Would still like him though)

I was thinking of putting one in for Crash, but idk. Man, can't wait for the upcoming weeks to see of any announcements.
Idk if I actually posted my ballot screenshot but this is my so mentioned 500 characters votes and EXACTLY 500:

Also, I really only voted for him, not only because it;s literally the only one I would care much, but also because I didn't want to have multivotes.

Fun fact, @FalKoopa proofread it, I wanted to be sure to be fine :)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I want Paper Mario, but unless we have at least 3 characters from the ballot, then I think he will be saved for next game.
And we're going to have 3 characters from the Ballot. Did you not see the news?

Did you... take a screenshot of Notepad++ and then upload the screenshot?

You should've printed it, scanned the print, and then took a photo of the scan on your PC monitor while you were at it.

I've hit a similar bug with Yoshi a few times - if you use Egg Toss near and a little below the edge, he doesn't throw an egg. It's not hitting the wall right away, there just simply isn't an egg at all. He throws nothing. This has been since pre-1.1.1 and it's still there.
I don't have a scanner. I'm sorry me taking a Notepad pic isn't living up to expectations.

Paper Mario: Want
Bandana Dee: Neutral
King K. Rool: Ehhhhhhhhh neutral ish.
Waluigi: Waaaaa. Neutral.
Toad: Nah. We git enough "mainstream" Mario characters. Plus Peach needs her meat shield :troll:
Isabelle: No. Not because I don't want her, but because who would have it in their heart to BEAT UP Isabelle ;-; Not me.
Rythym Heaven: Neutral.
Nikki: Nah.
Babies: Nope nope nope.
Mallo: Never played Pushmo so I withhold judgement.
Poochy: Read Isabelle.
Pichu: Nope. Nothing against him and those who want him, I just think we got more than enough porkmenz and would rather see :squirtle: or :ivysaur: if we really needed more.
Jack Frost: Never played, judgement witheld.
Big Boss: I mean I GUESS, but... wouldn't feel the same without Solid.
Phoenix: All of the yes.
Sonic Rep: Tails absolutely, Knuckles I'd be cool with, Shadow plzno.
Any time I had to fight Isabelle/Poochy, I'd leave. Or battle to the death with Isabelle/Poochy, if I'm playing as them.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
His odds are definitely good. But i beli

I believe that paper mario has good chances but he is only able to get it if bigger characters are chosen first. Since this new slot was only just added around the ballot's ending, I am positive it will be the first of several ballot slots, with the team unknown of how many will be done. That's just my imo. If there are 3 ballot slots, I would say paper mario has a good shot at one of them. Either way, I hope he gets in, but I'm not convinced atm. I did make a post yesterday detailing how he could be an easy choice to add though, as he can be built off of several characters very easily.
....actually, not really.

G&W uses a 3d model, they can;t jsut port that over a 2d character that has animation with folding and such, it's really not much possible.

In fact, Paper Mario would take effort imo, but you gain possibilities because it takes less on the CPU of the system since the animations requires less ressources. So technically, you could have partners follow, but tbh, I doubt it would be fine.....maybe, Sakurai is quite clever :)

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I guess I don't really need to say who I voted for, huh.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I only voted for Wolf once. That's it.

The reasoning was literally "because he was in Brawl and I liked playing as him".

(And I'm getting bloody pissed off... I hate it when I'm watching a video and **** starts lagging like crazy without any explanation...)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I've voted plenty and see no need to get any last minute ones in. At this point, what happens happens.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also @Rebellious Treecko, who are you and how do you know my old birth name and first username that was based off it?

I must hunt you down and destroy you now that you access this knowledge.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And we're going to have 3 characters from the Ballot. Did you not see the news?

I don't have a scanner. I'm sorry me taking a Notepad pic isn't living up to expectations.

Any time I had to fight Isabelle/Poochy, I'd leave. Or battle to the death with Isabelle/Poochy, if I'm playing as them.
An additional 3? Or the 3 slots that we currently have. As I know of 3 slots currently. 2 that have been here since the beginning and the one found last night. My bet is that those 2 that have been here since the beginning will be the last two pre ballot slots and show up this month, while the other slot is the first ballot slot and more and more slots will be added on as development goes on.

G&W uses a 3d model, they can;t jsut port that over a 2d character that has animation with folding and such, it's really not much possible.

In fact, Paper Mario would take effort imo, but you gain possibilities because it takes less on the CPU of the system since the animations requires less ressources. So technically, you could have partners follow, but tbh, I doubt it would be fine.....maybe, Sakurai is quite clever :)
Hm, isn't G and W's a 3d model made to look 2d? Even if he isn't, it may be difficult, but they could use him. As for his moveset, I would be fine with either a partner based set or one without them. If it holds back the 3ds, they will probably go without partners. This would be a good move, and he could still be unique. He could have the super jump, hammer, curse powers, and more. also could see them bring in the gimmick from the games in which timing the button right changes the damage output. That be really interesting and cool to see.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
His odds are definitely good. But i beli

I believe that paper mario has good chances but he is only able to get it if bigger characters are chosen first. Since this new slot was only just added around the ballot's ending, I am positive it will be the first of several ballot slots, with the team unknown of how many will be done. That's just my imo. If there are 3 ballot slots, I would say paper mario has a good shot at one of them. Either way, I hope he gets in, but I'm not convinced atm. I did make a post yesterday detailing how he could be an easy choice to add though, as he can be built off of several characters very easily.
I thought about it, and the problem is, I don;t see THIS much characters.

Wolf to me is really low in chances. I woudln;t see the point to make him rely on a ballot like I really don't and add the little quote Sakurai said.....I doubt so much he's in.

KKR.....hard to say. My guess is....slightly less likely because of the costume, but this is MUCH more debatable.

Bdee........leaning toweards less likely because tbh, good that he;s popular, but I really feel he wouldn;t have THAT much priority.

Inklings: costumes and tbh, might be a little too recent to say likely but DEFINITELY is becomming likely for next game and tbh, i would kinda like them :)

Isaac for me is more inconsitent popularities and the constant silence on his series.....

Where shoudl I go after

Because the problem, with paper Mario is being a mario rep which mgith overkill the thing.......imo, it;s not a dealbreaker, it;s even very countered by the request. if it wasn;t for the cotume, I would ahve said, yeah kkr is DEFINITELY before him, but now.....idk.

So, even if SK is in, I really felt he didn;t had that mcuh to hurt him other than being a mario rep and I begin to think less and less that it would changes the ballot so at the end, it's really a matter of what Sakurai would care more.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
pichu is basically jerry from undertale
hes everyones friend(that none of us know why we hang around with) and if we have to we will put up with him.....even tho we'd rather ditch him

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Real talk tho, YCG should have done the Specter Knight DLC first and release it this month
If they don't do this next year, they'll have failed as a game company
I think they might have set the bar too high with Plague Knight. I don't know how anyone else's movement could be as fun.

Idk if I actually posted my ballot screenshot but this is my so mentioned 500 characters votes and EXACTLY 500:

Also, I really only voted for him, not only because it;s literally the only one I would care much, but also because I didn't want to have multivotes.

Fun fact, @FalKoopa proofread it, I wanted to be sure to be fine :)
Do you...do you have Paper Mario font for your browser?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I thought about it, and the problem is, I don;t see THIS much characters.

Wolf to me is really low in chances. I woudln;t see the point to make him rely on a ballot like I really don't and add the little quote Sakurai said.....I doubt so much he's in.

KKR.....hard to say. My guess is....slightly less likely because of the costume, but this is MUCH more debatable.

Bdee........leaning toweards less likely because tbh, good that he;s popular, but I really feel he wouldn;t have THAT much priority.

Inklings: costumes and tbh, might be a little too recent to say likely but DEFINITELY is becomming likely for next game and tbh, i would kinda like them :)

Isaac for me is more inconsitent popularities and the constant silence on his series.....

Where shoudl I go after

Because the problem, with paper Mario is being a mario rep which mgith overkill the thing.......imo, it;s not a dealbreaker, it;s even very countered by the request. if it wasn;t for the cotume, I would ahve said, yeah kkr is DEFINITELY before him, but now.....idk.

So, even if SK is in, I really felt he didn;t had that mcuh to hurt him other than being a mario rep and I begin to think less and less that it would changes the ballot so at the end, it's really a matter of what Sakurai would care more.
I don' expect all of them, but I wouldn't be surprised if we had 5 characters left, that would round out the roster quite nicely. I listed those characters as they were requested a lot and pretty popular, so I gave my thoughts on them. The only one from there I have true confidence in, are wolf and Shovel Knight, I believe those 2 are the last two slots that we have had in the games files before this new slot was added.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
An additional 3? Or the 3 slots that we currently have. As I know of 3 slots currently. 2 that have been here since the beginning and the one found last night. My bet is that those 2 that have been here since the beginning will be the last two pre ballot slots and show up this month, while the other slot is the first ballot slot and more and more slots will be added on as development goes on.

Hm, isn't G and W's a 3d model made to look 2d? Even if he isn't, it may be difficult, but they could use him. As for his moveset, I would be fine with either a partner based set or one without them. If it holds back the 3ds, they will probably go without partners. This would be a good move, and he could still be unique. He could have the super jump, hammer, curse powers, and more. also could see them bring in the gimmick from the games in which timing the button right changes the damage output. That be really interesting and cool to see.
it;s a 3d model and for paper Mario, I can even provide proof that the raw models ripped from hsi game is 2d and manipulated in 3d.

That's the key difference, G&W is 3d on flatten while paper mario is truly 2d, but manipulated in 3d.

Which is why you get effects like turning and seeing him literally rotating and curving with folding, it's really exactly like a paper and differs way too much from G&W.

And I doubt partners can affect too much the 3ds, if they don;t follow him, you load only a move an an animation, olimar loaded an AI and IC loaded a complete character AI, it's quite obvious how we are not talking about the same CPU load. Add the fact that his animations technique are based on 2d models, this makes it easier to render so you could get to a point where partner AI could be possible, but it;s not dramatic if they aren't.

D

Deleted member

I think they might have set the bar too high with Plague Knight. I don't know how anyone else's movement could be as fun.

I really like using a combination of his moves to try not touching the ground, especially if combined with the Walljump armor
King Knight won't have any of that but Specter will probably have some floating mechanic(and maybe teleporting too, that would be neat) but sadly, no more momentum madness

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907

I was just thinking about this when I saw that "Paper Mario moveset" video; he really would be the first fully 2D-animated character in the series, so I'd be curious to know how that would work from a dev pipeline standpoint. Would look really unique compared to the rest of the cast, that's for sure.

As for my wishlist (and I don't reasonably expect more than one of these at all):
- Paper Mario
- Pichu / Pachirisu / Emolga
- Braixen / Delphox
- Squirtle
- Chorus Kids / Marshal

For the record, I voted for the top three.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9oe9592v4yycv3t/HeyGorgeous.ttf?dl=0

Supports accents and pretty mcuh most needed characters :)

The issue you would have is windows because let me be blunt, Windows font support sucks. You can't change a lot of the font while on my linux......

http://imgur.com/a/ozPWf

I use it LITTERALLY EVERYWHERE!

like, I am writing this message in it and I read everything including your post with it!

I jsut love so mcuh that font :)

btw, to force the sites font, if you use firefox, it;s in the advanced setting somewhere and on chrome, you need a forcefont extension.

brings me joy everytime I read :)

Khoru

Smash Champion
i think i remember hearing that specter's supposed to be like beat em up/hack and slash style

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Whoever runs Yacht Club Games twitter responded to a fan like this:

So either backpedal on teasing, they legit have everyone in the company running the twitter at points, NDA sanctioned response, or they legit all don't know.

Either way it's the closest they've come to denying him in Smash.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
>TFW you beat the Undertale for the First time.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS BASED PLEASE SUPPORT AND BUY UNDERTALE!

I swear it's on my top 5 best games of all time list. ABOVE Shovel Knight!

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
it;s a 3d model and for paper Mario, I can even provide proof that the raw models ripped from hsi game is 2d and manipulated in 3d.

That's the key difference, G&W is 3d on flatten while paper mario is truly 2d, but manipulated in 3d.

Which is why you get effects like turning and seeing him literally rotating and curving with folding, it's really exactly like a paper and differs way too much from G&W.

And I doubt partners can affect too much the 3ds, if they don;t follow him, you load only a move an an animation, olimar loaded an AI and IC loaded a complete character AI, it's quite obvious how we are not talking about the same CPU load. Add the fact that his animations technique are based on 2d models, this makes it easier to render so you could get to a point where partner AI could be possible, but it;s not dramatic if they aren't.
Ah my mistake, and I knew what Paper mario's model was. As for the partners, I can easily see them not being a problem as you said It would just depend on their skills and duration.

The question is though, if partners are Incorporated into his moveset, who do you think/want would/should be used?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

So either backpedal on teasing, they legit have everyone in the company running the twitter at points, NDA sanctioned response, or they legit all don't know.

No, this is the closest thing they came to denying him.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Why are you expecting more then one pre-ballot newcomer?

Wolf and 3 newcomers. Remember the bundle? We're getting 4 more characters.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I was just thinking about this when I saw that "Paper Mario moveset" video; he really would be the first fully 2D-animated character in the series, so I'd be curious to know how that would work from a dev pipeline standpoint. Would look really unique compared to the rest of the cast, that's for sure.

As for my wishlist (and I don't reasonably expect more than one of these at all):
- Paper Mario
- Pichu / Pachirisu / Emolga
- Braixen / Delphox
- Squirtle
- Chorus Kids / Marshal
if the goal of G&W was to simulate the console display, Paper Mario's goal would be to simulate 2d movable actors into a 3d environement.

Smash is axctually even fitting from the start. Paper Mario needs a side view camera, checked. he would need enough 3d perspective to make his 2d aspect contract, checked. He would preferable be placed against colorful colrs for better contrasts, checked (the style of SSB4 opted for more unified color with very low gradients).

So, they won;t have to do this much to make him work because the smash gameplay is fine with him. He would stand out because he would be 2d, like even the sot basic stuff like this:

You see the moment that he almost disappears because his thin side was facing the camera?

This is these kind of effects that makes you feel he's paper and really 2d. How G&W qould handle it is by making it very laggy in animation which is for an entirely different purpose.

Btw, what video?

I know someone on SB that made a really good video on a moveset of him but released very recently :)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Man, I don't even care anymore.
I'm sick of trying to read YCG, whatever happens with SK happens at this point.

Khoru

Smash Champion
>TFW you beat the Undertale for the First time.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS BASED PLEASE SUPPORT AND BUY UNDERTALE!

I swear it's on my top 5 best games of all time list. ABOVE Shovel Knight!
are we talking beating, or beating

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
if the goal of G&W was to simulate the console display, Paper Mario's goal would be to simulate 2d movable actors into a 3d environement.

Smash is axctually even fitting from the start. Paper Mario needs a side view camera, checked. he would need enough 3d perspective to make his 2d aspect contract, checked. He would preferable be placed against colorful colrs for better contrasts, checked (the style of SSB4 opted for more unified color with very low gradients).

So, they won;t have to do this much to make him work because the smash gameplay is fine with him. He would stand out because he would be 2d, like even the sot basic stuff like this:

You see the moment that he almost disappears because his thin side was facing the camera?

This is these kind of effects that makes you feel he's paper and really 2d. How G&W qould handle it is by making it very laggy in animation which is for an entirely different purpose.

Btw, what video?

I know someone on SB that made a really good video on a moveset of him but released very recently :)
Could you link me that video?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
are we talking beating, or beating
I just got the "first" ending, now working on the second. Probably not going to do the third since I don't have the heart to do it.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Man, I don't even care anymore.
I'm sick of trying to read YCG, whatever happens with SK happens at this point.
Agreed.

I legit at this point don't even know if they have the same people running the twitter at all times.

The responses and way they talk is even muddled. Adds to the frustration ten fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom