• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

I asked last night and people wanted to see it..so here it is! My Smash wants, for Smash 4 DLC, more games...

Discuss, boys.
Paper Mario - Yeah
BDee - Meh. Don't care much.
K Rool - Yes
Waluigi - Waha Yes
Toad - Meh
Isabelle - No
RH - No
Nikki - No
Babies - No
Mallo - Meh
Poochy - No
Pichu - Depends on how it's implemented.

Jack Frost - Yay
Big Boss - I guess so.
Phoenix Wright - No Objections here
Tails/Knuckles/Eggman - Yes, Yes, Yes

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Today was my last day of class here in Canada abd I also had a test to do
I ended up overslepting and I rushed to the school as soon as I woke up
When I get there, it turns out there is no test today and the teacher decided to play a movie instead
At least I got to see a Bearded Rpbin Williams

Paper Mario-neutral
BDee-kinda want
K. Rool-neutral
Waluigi and Toad-do not want
Isabelle-I'M NOT A FURRY I SWEAR
RH-skip
Nikki-want but she is literally a Mii
Babies-NO
Mallo-neutral but would love a EShop character
Poochy-who?
Pichu-go play melee lol
Jack Frost-ATLUS LOVE HELL YES
Big Boss-I Snake's moveset despite not thinking he should return so neutral
Phoenix Wright-HOLD IT! Let me play some AA games first
Sonic rep-HELL NO
Nikki isn't a mii by now. Look at her Mario Maker design.

I've played Melee. I just think Pichu's funny and cute.

Paper Mario - Yeah
BDee - Meh. Don't care much.
K Rool - Yes
Waluigi - Waha Yes
Toad - Meh
Isabelle - No
RH - No
Nikki - No
Babies - No
Mallo - Meh
Poochy - No
Pichu - Depends on how it's implemented.

Jack Frost - Yay
Big Boss - I guess so.
Phoenix Wright - No Objections here
Tails/Knuckles/Eggman - Yes, Yes, Yes
Whatchu got against Poochy?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I couldn't find it on the Pokemon Centre site I found sadly and I can't find an official one either. Thanks anyway

I wanna know what it was
Sorry about that, I would definitely keep checking for new merchandise as they are making more and more plushes for megas. I've seen ones for megs such as garchomp, M2 X and a few others.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just comparing him to myself ;)
You eat shoes. I think that'd turn you into a fat **** sooner or later. Again, see the second episode
Sorry about that, I would definitely keep checking for new merchandise as they are making more and more plushes for megas. I've seen ones for megs such as garchomp, M2 X and a few others.
http://www.pokemoncenter.com/Plush/...Page=1&searchBinNameList=subjectbin,size_name
Mewtwo X and MegaChomp were here

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I had an interesting thought over lunch concerning the K. Rool Mii outfit.

What if we've had it all wrong? What if, instead of the costume deconfirming the character, the costume was in fact a soft pulse-check on demand for it? They have the ballots, sure, but perhaps they were on the fence and wanted to know sooner rather than later how popular he was. What if they used sales of the costume to gauge whether or not to go ahead and start work on the character early?

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Just to add to that whole voting thing on the Smash ballot: people notice when the site updates internally, with nothing actually new on the site. There's no way in hell we would all miss a detail like this for six months.

D

Deleted member

Also some more news Microsoft bought out Havok

http://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2015/10/02/havok-to-join-microsoft/
If you don't know what Havok is, they have an engine which multiple games run on like all the Modern Sonic games since Unleashed, majority of the Uncharted games, Soul Calibur and Brawl/Sm4sh runs on Havok engine
I heard. Although they did acquire it, Havok will still remain open to all developers (including Sony and Nintendo). So that's good I guess.. nothing fancy or anything.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok, so I caught up with the latest and now I think I have stuff to tell (probably will end up in an essay).

First, 3 characters with 3 stages in the data was a big WOOHOO!!!!

:)

I feel the stages would be related to the characters and also, I really feel it would mean they at least started to select characters cause deciding 3 slots JUST before the end for me would mean that the 3 are related to the ballot.

Look forward to the stages if they are related though :)

But now, let's talk about the real mind blowing stuff. I know it;s preliminary results, but this shocked me:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...do/pubchart?oid=1124042831&format=interactive

.....First, the usual here is that I again thought paper mario wouldn't be top 10 and he was.....this was a different polling solution so I expect different results but the reality is......paper mario never changed much.....which is quite surprising considering the top 10 is CLEARLY unusual showing the different polling system. Seriously, I don;t think I ever saw impa, tetra and captain toad on top 10 so this really shows another way to see request.

But the mind blowing stuff is related to paper mario and I know I could bring this in his support thread, but tbh, they will all be dead tomorrow so might as well being it here.

Seeing captain toad the next position of paper mario is unusual, but you could kinda expect unusual stuff with that poll. What interested me is that I noticed that paper mario and captain toad had a VERY similar "hatebase". If you just take the 1 and 2, you come to something quite similar. This already shocked me because the main arguments against paper mario that doesn't apply to captain toad is being a version of mario (I still consider he;s not THE mario cause paper jam). Captain toad tbh is very hard to claim he would be redundancy so why their hatebase are equal?

Seriously it made no sense to me because the only logical conclusion would be that they were both voted such for the same common reasons being they are both mario rep. Even if I consider that for both, there's no reasons that they would have equal hatebase, I really would expect the paper mario one to just be much higher so this really shocked me.

What is even more shocking however is the 4 and 5 amount, paper mario has I would say around 80-90 more which begins to be considerable because captain toad had way less 5, but had a lot more 3.

This is very weird. I would honestly have expected captain toad to have a better fanbase considering his hatebase was the same to paper mario, but what it looks like is that more didn't cared/ were unsure on captain toad while Paper Mario was more polarised, but with the same hatebase as captain toad.

And this isn't magic, paper mario had a 7th rank on least hatebase, best fanbase, most 5 count and 7th on pure average. And this made him 0.1 more than captain toad ont he average which is kinda big on a scale of 5 (2%....but if you check how near the top 10 are.....yeah).

So, idk what the freak happened. I would have expected and legitimately think that captain toad would have more love or at least less hate and more neutral because he simply doesn't have to deal with the "another X" argument. What these data tells me is that captain toad deals with the same amount of the only issue they both have in common and it's being a mario rep. Yet, paper mario in that scenario is chosen more over captain toad which tbh is very weird.

I'll wait for the comparison data to come and see if there was a love hate relationship between the 2, but man, if this was not the case, then I really think paper mario has good chances.....by this I would mean that I am even more confident.

My biggest worries with paper mario chances was that he would be less voted in the ballot because of the another mario argument. What I realised is that this is just not the case. Like, not only it's not the case, but it doesn't produce a very significant impact over another character that doesn't have to deal with that, but has a common issue.

Seriously, and the most scary about these data is that if I take them at face value, paper mario is just one of the most likely from the top 10 because I could see more problems with others related to chances outside of popularity.

Oh and add the fact that we are now expecting 3 characters......yeah idk what would happen, but these preliminary and unofficial polls really thickens the plot :)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It's really hard to work when you're drunk and every one is dancing to loud salsa music.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
That reminds me, I'm ashamed no one who lost the bet thought of Fedora the Explorer
Seeing those avs, I wish I'd have lost the bet so I could use Adora.

I swear if someone tries to correct me on the spelling--

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Ok, so I caught up with the latest and now I think I have stuff to tell (probably will end up in an essay).

First, 3 characters with 3 stages in the data was a big WOOHOO!!!!

:)

I feel the stages would be related to the characters and also, I really feel it would mean they at least started to select characters cause deciding 3 slots JUST before the end for me would mean that the 3 are related to the ballot.

Look forward to the stages if they are related though :)

But now, let's talk about the real mind blowing stuff. I know it;s preliminary results, but this shocked me:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...do/pubchart?oid=1124042831&format=interactive

.....First, the usual here is that I again thought paper mario wouldn't be top 10 and he was.....this was a different polling solution so I expect different results but the reality is......paper mario never changed much.....which is quite surprising considering the top 10 is CLEARLY unusual showing the different polling system. Seriously, I don;t think I ever saw impa, tetra and captain toad on top 10 so this really shows another way to see request.

But the mind blowing stuff is related to paper mario and I know I could bring this in his support thread, but tbh, they will all be dead tomorrow so might as well being it here.

Seeing captain toad the next position of paper mario is unusual, but you could kinda expect unusual stuff with that poll. What interested me is that I noticed that paper mario and captain toad had a VERY similar "hatebase". If you just take the 1 and 2, you come to something quite similar. This already shocked me because the main arguments against paper mario that doesn't apply to captain toad is being a version of mario (I still consider he;s not THE mario cause paper jam). Captain toad tbh is very hard to claim he would be redundancy so why their hatebase are equal?

Seriously it made no sense to me because the only logical conclusion would be that they were both voted such for the same common reasons being they are both mario rep. Even if I consider that for both, there's no reasons that they would have equal hatebase, I really would expect the paper mario one to just be much higher so this really shocked me.

What is even more shocking however is the 4 and 5 amount, paper mario has I would say around 80-90 more which begins to be considerable because captain toad had way less 5, but had a lot more 3.

This is very weird. I would honestly have expected captain toad to have a better fanbase considering his hatebase was the same to paper mario, but what it looks like is that more didn't cared/ were unsure on captain toad while Paper Mario was more polarised, but with the same hatebase as captain toad.

And this isn't magic, paper mario had a 7th rank on least hatebase, best fanbase, most 5 count and 7th on pure average. And this made him 0.1 more than captain toad ont he average which is kinda big on a scale of 5 (2%....but if you check how near the top 10 are.....yeah).

So, idk what the freak happened. I would have expected and legitimately think that captain toad would have more love or at least less hate and more neutral because he simply doesn't have to deal with the "another X" argument. What these data tells me is that captain toad deals with the same amount of the only issue they both have in common and it's being a mario rep. Yet, paper mario in that scenario is chosen more over captain toad which tbh is very weird.

I'll wait for the comparison data to come and see if there was a love hate relationship between the 2, but man, if this was not the case, then I really think paper mario has good chances.....by this I would mean that I am even more confident.

My biggest worries with paper mario chances was that he would be less voted in the ballot because of the another mario argument. What I realised is that this is just not the case. Like, not only it's not the case, but it doesn't produce a very significant impact over another character that doesn't have to deal with that, but has a common issue.

Seriously, and the most scary about these data is that if I take them at face value, paper mario is just one of the most likely from the top 10 because I could see more problems with others related to chances outside of popularity.

Oh and add the fact that we are now expecting 3 characters......yeah idk what would happen, but these preliminary and unofficial polls really thickens the plot :)
Alde's back and has a trademark essay. Hi, Alde!

I honestly think Paper Mario is just about a lock-in for most of the top 10 polls I see. I mean, most people ahead of him are 3rd parties or impossible.

I'm expecting him, K. Rool, and Bandana Dee.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I honestly think Paper Mario is just about a lock-in for most of the top 10 polls I see. I mean, most people ahead of him are 3rd parties or impossible.

I want Paper Mario, but unless we have at least 3 characters from the ballot, then I think he will be saved for next game.

D

Deleted member

Okay, I'll make my list of wants too
This includes all and any of those who I want, no matter how impossible it may be
Wonder-Red: The Crimson Fist
Metal Face: The Carnage Lover
Zoroark: Master of Illusions
Isabelle: Smashville's New Mayor
Azura: The Azure Singer
Highlander: Justice for All
Inklings: The Kidsquids
Impa: The Sheikah Leader
Shovel Knight: For Shovelry
Lincoln: The President of the USA
Hades: King of the Underworld
Ridley: The Leader of the Space Pirates

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Well, since the ballot is almost over, what did you guys vote for? Here's a list of ones I did

Snake

Shovel Knight (Yes, WAY back when the ballot was announced)

Rayman

King K. Rool (First vote I went for. Though tbh, my hype for him has gone down a bit. Would still like him though)

I was thinking of putting one in for Crash, but idk. Man, can't wait for the upcoming weeks to see of any announcements.
I only voted once - for Shovel Knight. My girlfriend voted for Bomberman. If these leaks go our way, we might both get what we want :D

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
High five to anyone who even knows what this is:

I asked last night and people wanted to see it..so here it is! My Smash wants, for Smash 4 DLC, more games...

Discuss, boys.
Paper Mario: Want
Bandana Dee: Neutral
King K. Rool: Ehhhhhhhhh neutral ish.
Waluigi: Waaaaa. Neutral.
Toad: Nah. We git enough "mainstream" Mario characters. Plus Peach needs her meat shield :troll:
Isabelle: No. Not because I don't want her, but because who would have it in their heart to BEAT UP Isabelle ;-; Not me.
Rythym Heaven: Neutral.
Nikki: Nah.
Babies: Nope nope nope.
Mallo: Never played Pushmo so I withhold judgement.
Poochy: Read Isabelle.
Pichu: Nope. Nothing against him and those who want him, I just think we got more than enough porkmenz and would rather see :squirtle: or :ivysaur: if we really needed more.
Jack Frost: Never played, judgement witheld.
Big Boss: I mean I GUESS, but... wouldn't feel the same without Solid.
Phoenix: All of the yes.
Sonic Rep: Tails absolutely, Knuckles I'd be cool with, Shadow plzno.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

....I dsilike to use lock-in here.

I would say that I would tell I find him the most likely first party, but I said multiple time, it really doesn't mean much. There';s so much we have yet to know in how Sakurai woudl select characters and especially in paper mario case, it's very debatable. Paper Mario has an issue of being a rep of [probably what I would say a VERY VERY VERY repped series already, you want to be carefull to not overkill that, but at the same time, it's quite clear he is one of the msot requested.

What would Sakurai care more? that is why it doesn;t matter that much.

What this polls CAN tell us however is that the issues he deals with are surprisingly not outweighing the request that he would have which I find very surprising to top captain toad ont hat.

I want Paper Mario, but unless we have at least 3 characters from the ballot, then I think he will be saved for next game.
The thing is, even there he has good chances.

I said a lot that I think wolf has low chances now and I still do. As for SK.....goign tbh, I am ready to assume fake until proven true because i do have reasons to NOT believe it.....but not to deconfirm it.

But let's assume I sucked at prediction and they woudl be in.

You have one slots left......JUST that for me is good chances because from raw chances relative to others, I still think he is one of the most likely.

That's my worse case scenario however, my best is wolf isn;t in (for reasons I stated multile time), but sk would be in (just to be safe). You have 2 slots left.......that';s pretty huge considering that I coudl count likely candidate with 2 hands that remains imo.

And I actually do believe the 3 comes from the ballot so......yeah :)

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Discuss, boys.
Did you... take a screenshot of Notepad++ and then upload the screenshot?

You should've printed it, scanned the print, and then took a photo of the scan on your PC monitor while you were at it.

Oh, I think I just found a small glitch/bug in Smash Bros for Wii U. If you use Jigglypuff's side special right before you touch the ground she won't make any sound effects.

It's nothing major or anything and I'd imagine some Jigglypuff mains already know about it but hey...... c:
I've hit a similar bug with Yoshi a few times - if you use Egg Toss near and a little below the edge, he doesn't throw an egg. It's not hitting the wall right away, there just simply isn't an egg at all. He throws nothing. This has been since pre-1.1.1 and it's still there.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Bandwagoning.
Newcomers only
Fiora (Xenoblade)
Azura (FE: Fates)
Anna (Fire Emblem)
Elma (Xenoblade X)
K Rool (Donkey Kong)
Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Ridley (Metroid)
Fawful (Mario and Luigi)
Tyranitar (Pokemon)
Waluigi (Mario)
Paper Mario (Paper Mario)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
Giygas (Mother)
Porky (Mother)
Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)

Plus a bunch of others.

So Shantae creator posted this gem:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Will if were posting wants.Even though it's in my avatar might as will state it in order from 1(highest) to 10(lowest)
  1. Bdee
  2. Shovel knight
  3. Pichu
  4. Dixie
  5. Chibi-robo
  6. Shantae
  7. Paper Mario
  8. Quote
  9. Captain toad
  10. Isaac
Thoughts(besides the use of to many indies)

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Ugh. My laptop charger broke and now I can't use my laptop due to low battery. My previous laptop had around 2 to 3 broken chargers. Damn it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Did I miss anything good? I'm not checking all those pages and likes I got while I was away.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There's only one want for me: :wolf:

Shocking, I know.

Also, I'm trying to watch anime and the video keeps lagging like hell... >_>

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I would say that I would tell I find him the most likely first party, but I said multiple time, it really doesn't mean much. There';s so much we have yet to know in how Sakurai woudl select characters and especially in paper mario case, it's very debatable. Paper Mario has an issue of being a rep of [probably what I would say a VERY VERY VERY repped series already, you want to be carefull to not overkill that, but at the same time, it's quite clear he is one of the msot requested.

What this polls CAN tell us however is that the issues he deals with are surprisingly not outweighing the request that he would have which I find very surprising to top captain toad ont hat.

I said a lot that I think wolf has low chances now and I still do. As for SK.....goign tbh, I am ready to assume fake until proven true because i do have reasons to NOT believe it.....but not to deconfirm it.

You have one slots left......JUST that for me is good chances because from raw chances relative to others, I still think he is one of the most likely.

That's my worse case scenario however, my best is wolf isn;t in (for reasons I stated multile time), but sk would be in (just to be safe). You have 2 slots left.......that';s pretty huge considering that I coudl count likely candidate with 2 hands that remains imo.

His odds are definitely good. But i beli

I believe that paper mario has good chances but he is only able to get it if bigger characters are chosen first. Since this new slot was only just added around the ballot's ending, I am positive it will be the first of several ballot slots, with the team unknown of how many will be done. That's just my imo. If there are 3 ballot slots, I would say paper mario has a good shot at one of them. Either way, I hope he gets in, but I'm not convinced atm. I did make a post yesterday detailing how he could be an easy choice to add though, as he can be built off of several characters very easily.

D

Deleted member

Real talk tho, YCG should have done the Specter Knight DLC first and release it this month
If they don't do this next year, they'll have failed as a game company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom