• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9oe9592v4yycv3t/HeyGorgeous.ttf?dl=0

Supports accents and pretty mcuh most needed characters :)

The issue you would have is windows because let me be blunt, Windows font support sucks. You can't change a lot of the font while on my linux......

http://imgur.com/a/ozPWf

I use it LITTERALLY EVERYWHERE!

like, I am writing this message in it and I read everything including your post with it!

I jsut love so mcuh that font :)

btw, to force the sites font, if you use firefox, it;s in the advanced setting somewhere and on chrome, you need a forcefont extension.

brings me joy everytime I read :)
You're totally not a completely obsessed Paper Mario fanboy. Not at all. :smirk:

I'm not done reading yet but I do agree that we're gonna get the fighters in waves of 3. Mewtwo was just the weird one out.

I'll continue reading now.
Waves of three seems reasonable.

As for the rest of that theory, it's same old Wolf and K. Rool will be in. I mean, the chances are in their favor given their immense popularity, but it's nothing new.

That said, the theory makes some sense, but I'm not putting much stock into it since it's just that, a theory and nothing more.

Anyway, I wouldn't be too surprised if we get some sort of official notice regarding the ballot.

And so, a year has passed since Super Smash Bros. 3DS was released in North America and Europe. Time flies, doesn't it?

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ah my mistake, and I knew what Paper mario's model was. As for the partners, I can easily see them not being a problem as you said It would just depend on their skills and duration.

The question is though, if partners are Incorporated into his moveset, who do you think/want would/should be used?
I made a gigantic moveset that I personally think I mgith have slightly gone overkill, but I had a playstyle in mind so:

http://paper-mario-for-ssb4.tumblr....moveset-for-paper-mario-in-super-smash-bros-4

linking my tumblr post because you'll hate me if I linked the post where that moveset was in :)

Basically:

Gombella/Goombario: I feel default partner, little attack, would reset if you die to here making it accessible, but weak. Btw, tattle has to be a thing if theater is a thing, I mean c'mon, it's just text :)

Koops/Kooper, one of the best choice, has a lot of mechanics possible like holding the shell there, the main point is attacking grounded and would be fun in FFA too.

I don;t really saw the point of flurrie and sushie cause they just puhs things........except if flurrie lip lock the foe :)

Vivian, either veil but I would prefer a burn punch.

Bobbery / bombette, one of the best choices, VERY laggy but super powerful.

And then you coudl have other stuff, ms mows stealing items/ make dizzy, watt woudl stun, yoshi could gulp, parrakarry can be reserved for recovery or shell shot........you coudl go a lot.

But my movesets tells the ideas that I loved the most and feel would fit his playstyle the msot which is has high versatility, but needs to maintain it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why are you expecting more then one pre-ballot newcomer?

Wolf and 3 newcomers. Remember the bundle? We're getting 4 more characters.
When Royu released, the files had two placeholder files for characters. Those have not been filled yet. When this update launched, we got a third slot for a character added in the files. I believe those first two slots were meant for pre ballot choices( however they are still influenced by the ballot) and were meant to release on the 30th, but Iwata's passing derailed the release for now, and instead they will come out later this month. This newly added slot I believe will be the first true ballot character.( someone who will be chosen after the ballot closes). They will then release characters from those first two slots( my prediction is wolf and shovel knight) and will say " these two characters were chosen while we waited for the ballot to end. They were both being voted for quite a bit, so while we waited for the true ballot results we worked on these characters. Please look forward to more results later!"

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
When Royu released, the files had two placeholder files for characters. Those have not been filled yet. When this update launched, we got a third slot for a character added in the files. I believe those first two slots were meant for pre ballot choices( however they are still influenced by the ballot) and were meant to release on the 30th, but Iwata's passing derailed the release for now, and instead they will come out later this month. This newly added slot I believe will be the first true ballot character.( someone who will be chosen after the ballot closes). They will then release characters from those first two slots( my prediction is wolf and shovel knight) and will say " these two characters were chosen while we waited for the ballot to end. They were both being voted for quite a bit, so while we waited for the true ballot results we worked on these characters. Please look forward to more results later!"
The rumour stated that Shovel Knight isn't going to be a pre-ballot character, but strictly a ballot character, so if we are getting two more pre-ballot characters, it won't be him.

Chrono.

Smash Wishlist, because bandwagon:
  • Dixie Kong
  • King Boo
  • Classic Ganon
  • Skull Kid
  • Medusa
  • Viridi
  • Sylux
  • Kamui
  • Phoenix (The F-Zero one)
  • Ray 01
  • Zael
  • Saki
  • Isa Jo
  • Inkling
  • Isaac
  • Zero (The MMZ one)
  • Tails
  • Black Mage
  • Cloud
Not that I'm expecting any of these to get in lol

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Could you link me that video?
....ok, but let me warn on something, it has overkill transitions.....beware:

Credits to @Rockaphin , not the best moveset I saw, but it;s definitely A LOT better than the usual awful and overkill moveset I saw (and finally someone who uses stylish).

And yes I spent a day to record all these clips in high quality (except my daazle cause it's cheap, rest was emulator though).

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You're totally not a completely obsessed Paper Mario fanboy. Not at all. :smirk:

Waves of three seems reasonable.

As for the rest of that theory, it's same old Wolf and K. Rool will be in. I mean, the chances are in their favor given their immense popularity, but it's nothing new.

That said, the theory makes some sense, but I'm not putting much stock into it since it's just that, a theory and nothing more.

Anyway, I wouldn't be too surprised if we get some sort of official notice regarding the ballot.

And so, a year has passed since Super Smash Bros. 3DS was released in North America and Europe. Time flies, doesn't it?
Why you keep pointing that out in an ironic manner while most people knows I am anyway?

idk it feels weird.....and scary :(

My wanted characters are this + Agnes Oblige/ Edea Lee (Listening to the utter beauty that is bravely default music as we speak) + Melia +Lyndis+Agent J

So today I doodled in my notebook for the first time probably ever. . .im freaking 19 and in college. Little late for that. And now I want to do something artistic (and smash related) bu I don't have a mouse. . . let alone a stylus. RIP

Probably for the best. I don't think any of you remember the horrors that were my Ridley (with a backwads neck. . .) and unfinished Riku avis but that was not pretty . . . at all. Abominable for sure and I remember thinking they were good. . .

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm guessing the 15 most voted for characters looks something like this.(in no particular order)
after this I imagine characters with roles already in the game, more Sonic characters, Professor Layton, Sora, Geno, Wonder Red, Impa, Captain Toad, Daisy, Pichu, and plenty more 3rd parties.

Last edited:

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
We still doing the wishlist thing?
Shovel Knight
Phoenix Wright
Proto Man
Shantae
Jill Valentine
Paper Mario
Waddle Dee
Bomberman
Banjo-Kazooie
Dixie?
Chrom
Duke Oliver from Fire Emblem. Yes, I'm being serious.

in no particular order
I want way too many unrealistic characters.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It's definitely A LOT better than the usual awful and overkill moveset I saw
I'm gonna assume one of those in question was from the guy who thought Ryu was a clone of Luigi
That guy was just sad. :4ryu:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I made a gigantic moveset that I personally think I mgith have slightly gone overkill, but I had a playstyle in mind so:

http://paper-mario-for-ssb4.tumblr....moveset-for-paper-mario-in-super-smash-bros-4

linking my tumblr post because you'll hate me if I linked the post where that moveset was in :)

Basically:

Gombella/Goombario: I feel default partner, little attack, would reset if you die to here making it accessible, but weak. Btw, tattle has to be a thing if theater is a thing, I mean c'mon, it's just text :)

Koops/Kooper, one of the best choice, has a lot of mechanics possible like holding the shell there, the main point is attacking grounded and would be fun in FFA too.

I don;t really saw the point of flurrie and sushie cause they just puhs things........except if flurrie lip lock the foe :)

Vivian, either veil but I would prefer a burn punch.

Bobbery / bombette, one of the best choices, VERY laggy but super powerful.

And then you coudl have other stuff, ms mows stealing items/ make dizzy, watt woudl stun, yoshi could gulp, parrakarry can be reserved for recovery or shell shot........you coudl go a lot.

But my movesets tells the ideas that I loved the most and feel would fit his playstyle the msot which is has high versatility, but needs to maintain it.
This would be good. Has some of my favorite partners. watt could be a standard aerial to possibly. Imagine spikster as a down aerial that threw a spiny down to spike someone. There truly is so much potential! It's why I want Paper Mario So much!
The rumour stated that Shovel Knight isn't going to be a pre-ballot character, but strictly a ballot character, so if we are getting two more pre-ballot characters, it won't be him.
I know, that's why my theory is that those first two slots are half ballot and half sakurai picks. My theory is that they were meant to be two characters picked from the ballot that would be filler till the real ballot DLC is chosen. So technically Shovel Knight would be ballot still. If the 2 slots are pre ballot, then that new slot definitely goes to Shovel Knight as it is also linked to a new stage.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
My Wishlist?:

1) Shovel Knight for obvious reasons. I'm the one who made his thread in the first place.

2) Bandana Dee. I've been supporting him for a long time and won't back down.

3) Wonder Red. Since Wonderful 101 is an amazing game.

4) WILDCARD: Sans and Papyrus, just because Undertale is WAY up high on my favorite games of all time list.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure I've stated my wants here before, and they haven't changed: Wolf and Dixie. Anyone else is extra.

However, while I've never played any of his games, the idea of Chibi-Robo in Smash has really been growing on me.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm gonna assume one of those in question was from the guy who thought Ryu was a clone of Luigi
That guy was just sad. :4ryu:
no kidding I saw soemone that said and I am not joking that mario was the character that has to be in but nobody wants......

I said I wasn;t kidding.......

But seriously, let me link a gfaq moveset that explains my point (you can find a ton of these anyway)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69750211

You read this and you just feel it;s overkill and all messed up.

I read a lot of moveset way better than these in the support thread which is why i compiled them into the second post (had to ask a mod to split the OP into 2 posts because it was impossible to edit with the OP with the movesets in it).

But this is why I am so picky on movesets, you should never do a set without a playstyle in mind, that's like writing an opinion essay while you don;t have an opinion on the matter......

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
We still doing the wishlist thing?
Shovel Knight
Phoenix Wright
Proto Man
Shantae
Jill Valentine
Paper Mario
Waddle Dee
Bomberman
Banjo-Kazooie
Dixie?
Chrom
Duke Oliver from Fire Emblem. Yes, I'm being serious.

in no particular order
I want way too many unrealistic characters.
You want some pretty good unrealistic characters though.
Chrom, Jill, Phoenix Wright, Paper Mario, Proto Man...

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
We all should change our avi to a picture of the character we voted for now that the ballot is wraping up... Oh, you guys voted for multiple characters?... Nevermind.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Whoever runs Yacht Club Games twitter responded to a fan like this:

So either backpedal on teasing, they legit have everyone in the company running the twitter at points, NDA sanctioned response, or they legit all don't know.

Either way it's the closest they've come to denying him in Smash.
I think what started as innocent teasing blew up in a way they couldn't have expected, and each successive fake leak made their teases seem less and less like a group of Nintendo fans who'd like their character in the game and more and more like a group of Nintendo fans who knew their character is in the game, which was never their intention.

I don't think they meant to mislead anyone, but at the same time, they aren't going to come out and just deny the possibility of him being in the game because they're still hopeful the ballot could get the character in.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Sometimes I wonder how far ahead of time a company knows when their character is getting in. It would sort of make sense if Nintendo basically said "IF we used your character, do we have your permission" and then Sakurai works on the character, and decides if he's going to put them in or not. Then when they're ready to be released, they have a meeting.

So who knows, YGC might not have any idea if SK is in or not, and may legitimately hope he is getting in.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Sometimes I wonder how far ahead of time a company knows when their character is getting in. It would sort of make sense if Nintendo basically said "IF we used your character, do we have your permission" and then Sakurai works on the character, and decides if he's going to put them in or not. Then when they're ready to be released, they have a meeting.
It would be tremendously wasteful to develop a character before the usage rights were negotiated. They probably just discuss possibilities and move ideas, then talk with the third party owners to get rights and possibly input, then they develop the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom