• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

What is this Undertale I hear about?
I want a five page essay on my desk by today on how it is the best game of all time for me consider buying the game to see if it's really that good
I mean, it's worth 30% of your grades

Last edited by a moderator:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I want a five page essay on my desk by today on how it is the best game of all time for me consider buying the game to see if it's really that good
DO IT!

JUST DO IT! ITS ONLY 10 BUCKS! SO DO IT!

The game is so good its my favorite game of all time, and I have STEEP standards.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
As far as I know it's a steam only game sadly. That's where I got it. But it is a must buy. Trust me, you'll be more than happy with this game.

Khoru

Smash Champion
it's an rpg in the style of earthbound and mother 3, with inspiration from other games like shin megami tensei, yume nikki, and cave story
inspirations to those kinds of things are thrown around a lot but this actually legitimately nails it
its main feature is the ability to go through the whole game without killing anything. this is pretty standard for, say, mgs or something, but very abnormal for jrpgs where the focus is on grinding
if you'd like, you can also kill literally every enemy in the game

also yeah it's pc-only
it's a game maker game though so a potato could run it
A Steam game, any interviews regarding other platform releases?
it's spoilers but there are certain aspects that make it pretty much impossible to port to non-pc platforms
(it is available not on steam though)

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So do we know what TIME the ballot closes? Safe to assume Midnight?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
it's an rpg in the style of earthbound and mother 3, with inspiration from other games like shin megami tensei, yume nikki, and cave story
inspirations to those kinds of things are thrown around a lot but this actually legitimately nails it
its main feature is the ability to go through the whole game without killing anything. this is pretty standard for, say, mgs or something, but very abnormal for jrpgs where the focus is on grinding

also yeah it's pc-only

it's spoilers but there are certain aspects that make it pretty much impossible to port to non-pc platforms

It looks and sounds too much like Earthbound. Looks fine though.

All I know about Undertale is it is apparently Mothers style (and feels) mixed with Touhou and a few RPGs sprinkled on.

And 4chan globally loves it. That says something. If my backlog wasnt gigantic I would play it. I still have the entire Tomb Raider series to play.

Chrono.

I'll probably never play Undertale until it gets on consoles, but eh if it takes too much or it doesn't happen I'll just go for the Steam release lol

Khoru

Smash Champion
****, i knew i was forgetting something there
one of the kickstarter stretch goals was a hard mode so i hope that's eventually patched in (beyond a short joke mode)
i Need the danmaku

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hey, I'm very confused; is Shantae indie or not? I'm being told they are and aren't.
See, that depends, do you want Shantae in Smash?

If the answer is yes, then she is indie. Also, make sure to synchronize the word "indie" with snake oil and be more than willing to bash it over the head of "haters".

If the answer is no, then she is not indie. Then proceed to shun both her and Wayforward because they are not special in the slightest regardless of their qualities.

D

Deleted member

also yeah it's pc-only

This seems interesting
And I'm going to assume there is a special ending for not killing anyone
And possibly one for commiting genocide
I will probably give it a shot once my backlog is empty
Still need to finish EOIIU and my Y Nuzlocke

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
All I know about Undertale is it is apparently Mothers style (and feels) mixed with Touhou and a few RPGs sprinkled on.

And 4chan globally loves it. That says something. If my backlog wasnt gigantic I would play it. I still have the entire Tomb Raider series to play.
Don't even worry about the Tomb Raider games. Most of them haven't age well in the slightest (although 3&4 are good) and avoid Age of Darkness at all cost.

Anniversary is pretty fun and as for the reboot, the question is do you like Uncharted? If so then you'll might like it. It does have problems though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will say I think there's a big possibility that the ballot will not end at midnight tonight.

It will probably end at the end of October 3rd.

Khoru

Smash Champion
This seems interesting
And I'm going to assume there is a special ending for not killing anyone
And possibly one for commiting genocide
I will probably give it a shot once my backlog is empty
Still need to finish EOIIU and my Y Nuzlocke
yeah there are two major endings and a bunch of variations on a neutral one
also it remembers if you replay it or try to save scum

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Welp.
It's been one year since Smash 3DS released in America.
And the hype train's still pumping---

...wait...

Today's the 3rd.
Sakurai's birthday is on the 3rd (of August).
Smash 3DS released on the 3rd.
The ballot ends on the 3rd.
There's a 3rd character slot that's been added to the files...

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
It's sad that Sans and Papyrus can never be in smash. You know, cause of China. China hates Skeletons. /s

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
One more day until the ballot closes, and one more avatar change. I started off with one of my most wanted characters, and now I'm ending with my other most wanted character.

If Konami were to be represented with someone other than the veteran Snake, it would certainly be either Bomberman or this man, Simon Belmont. Unfortunately, because of the company's current state, I highly doubt any of their characters will make the cut. Even if one did, Snake would take priority due to his veteran status, and there's no guarantee that Sakurai would pull a Ryu and get Simon or Bomberman.

My Konami character of preference may be Simon, but I'm not against Snake or Bomberman either. In fact, I think it would be ideal if Sakurai pulls a Ryu and adds two or even all three of them onto the roster. Call it overrepresentation all you want, but I consider them all good enough on their own merits to warrant a spot.
Well stated.

All three would be the ideal way to represent Konami as a whole. Just those specific three would be enough and perfect.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Sometimes I wonder how far ahead of time a company knows when their character is getting in. It would sort of make sense if Nintendo basically said "IF we used your character, do we have your permission" and then Sakurai works on the character, and decides if he's going to put them in or not. Then when they're ready to be released, they have a meeting.

So who knows, YGC might not have any idea if SK is in or not, and may legitimately hope he is getting in.
Problem with this is YCG should be expecting a cut of the profits. It really shouldn't be a surprise to the character's creator.

Maybe it changed to "I don't know" because they were expecting an announcement a day or two ago, it didn't happen, and now they legitimately don't know what's going on.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
See, that depends, do you want Shantae in Smash?

If the answer is yes, then she is indie. Also, make sure to synchronize the word "indie" with snake oil and be more than willing to bash it over the head of "haters".

If the answer is no, then she is not indie. Then proceed to shun both her and Wayforward because they are not special in the slightest regardless of their qualities.
I don't want a cynical edgy reply, just tell me if she's indie or not

Welp.
It's been one year since Smash 3DS released in America.
And the hype train's still pumping---

...wait...

Today's the 3rd.
Sakurai's birthday is on the 3rd (of August).
Smash 3DS released on the 3rd.
The ballot ends on the 3rd.
There's a 3rd character slot that's been added to the files...
AND MY NAME has a set of three 3s!
Oni confirmed as sakurai :troll:

Making my next avi. . .even if I cant use if for a few days :/

D

Deleted member

Imagine if they revealed a spooky fighter for October
And a stage too
Ok, new game, name a spoopy character and a stage that would be released to celebrate Halloween
Before I get anyone saying this is stupid and would never happen, it's just supposed to be a fun little game

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
And a stage too
Ok, new game, name a spoopy character and a stage that would be released to celebrate Halloween
Before I get anyone saying this is stupid and would never happen, it's just supposed to be a fun little game
Paper Mario has a spooky chapter in TTYD, Twilight Town.

It's happening boys

Khoru

Smash Champion
And a stage too
FREDDY CONFIRMED

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Best spooky character would be Bubsy

Because Bubsy 3D is the greatest horror game of all time

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guy's it's clearly a Fatal Frame character.

Say hello to Sae.

D

Deleted member

Spooky?

How about the character from the game you play as the ghost?

D

Deleted member

I think Simon Belmont would be the ideal character to reveal on October.:awesome:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Seriously though, is Shantae indie or not? MisterVG's Le Deep response didn't explain it to me (i love ya mistervg man, but...)

I really need to know for sure.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Paper Mario has a spooky chapter in TTYD, Twilight Town.

It's happening boys
I cannot believe you took that over thix:

The music is creepy as freak, there;s hands that are really scary and well just hat is MUCH more scaried than the "thing" in ch4 (you probably know what I am talking about, but spoiler so).

And I am someone who loved ch4 so.....(idk why didn;t liked the backtracking, imo it made it better).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom