• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The tension from those placeholder slots is incredible.

It could be canned and sold wholesale if they wanted to. My personal guess for now is a veteran, a popular newcomer and an oddball pick. A balance between fan-pleasing.

This specific combo probably isn't happening, but it's nice to have new speculation material.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It would improve HW Impa's chances way more though. Because it would prove spin-off versions of characters can get in over the canon version...and Impa is actually requested.
(I really don't want her in. I would rather have a canon version)
I see. Well, HW Impa does have some unique attributes about her. And it's not like Sakurai couldn't add elements from canon Impas to her...

Anyway, I find it curious that Pirate Ship may have been considered to be added on both versions. Given the file name having the same suffix as the stages on both versions (as PushDustIn PushDustIn said, all stages in both versions have a "_f" in the file name) and the empty slot between Super Mario Maker and Duck Hunt, it seems likely.

Could it be that a patch may add swimming to the 3DS version or something?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think that two slots we've had for months is the last two pre-ballot characters.
The slot that was added recently is for the first ballot character that they've decided on.

There might be more characters picked from the ballot, in which case we'll be seeing more Marios.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
This isn't much but something from GX.

Although I think it should have read "New Slot Added for Characters and 2 Stages Coming" instead, cuz there were already 2 slots beforehand.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As long as Wolf is added, I'll be happy.

I'm curious about how much DLC they'll still make. The fact they added some extra slots likely means they're planning more content. Nintendo may want to keep Sakurai working on the game. Perhaps DLC is doing well and they want more profit?

Unlike Mario Kart 8, it seems they don't have a very concrete plan for DLC, especially with a ballot that lasted 6 months.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
wait

whooooooah

there's more character and stage slots? I'm a lost poster. I needa find my mommy.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I see. Well, HW Impa does have some unique attributes about her. And it's not like Sakurai couldn't add elements from canon Impas to her...

Anyway, I find it curious that Pirate Ship may have been considered to be added on both versions. Given the file name having the same suffix as the stages on both versions (as PushDustIn PushDustIn said, all stages in both versions have a "_f" in the file name) and the empty slot between Super Mario Maker and Duck Hunt, it seems likely.

Could it be that a patch may add swimming to the 3DS version or something?
That is very possible. That would be very interesting if it happens. Ill see if we can get someone to look at the code to see if swimming mechanics could be added.

Wolfman_J finished his breakdown on the additional slots for Source Gaming. I'm about to drive home, but please tag me if there's anything wrong in the article. I just checked it, but sometimes I miss things.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If they add swimming into a patch, I suppose that would probably also change how certain stages already in the 3DS version work too no?

So Jungle Japes working like how did in Brawl and Tortimer Island etc?

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
That is very possible. That would be very interesting if it happens. Ill see if we can get someone to look at the code to see if swimming mechanics could be added.

Wolfman_J finished his breakdown on the additional slots for Source Gaming. I'm about to drive home, but please tag me if there's anything wrong in the article. I just checked it, but sometimes I miss things.
"Most likely, the characters have at least partially been chosen from responses in the Smash Ballot, and if they come from unique franchises may get a new stage in tow (expect that for any third party characters)."

Why wouldn't any new 3rd party characters get their own stage tho?

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
"Most likely, the characters have at least partially been chosen from responses in the Smash Ballot, and if they come from unique franchises may get a new stage in tow (expect that for any third party characters)."

i think he's saying they would?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The ballot ends tomorrow. Think we'll have any sort of announcement soon?

I don't expect anything tomorrow, since it's Saturday. Has Nintendo done any announcements on weekends?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Hey gu-*sees title of thread*

HOLY MOTHER****ING ****!

*faints*
WE RIDING INTO THE MOTHER****ING SUN BOYS!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Three more slots found and Laura leaked? Awesome. I knew that Laura was going to be very fanservicey.

So far I have seen two fan arts online for Laura.

One is lewd. Of course.

The other? Making her a fat chick instead.

Gotta love the internet.
Of course. Rule 34 and all.

FINALLY CAUGHT UP!!!
SO MUCH HYPE.

LAURA IS MY WAIFU.
THE THIRD MARIO SLOT IS ALSO MY WAIFU.

ALSO
View attachment 76088
Until the Ballot closes (EST)
HAPPENING!!
I thought Lana was your waifu?:troll:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

It says "expect", not "except". As in, "I expect that Mario will feature in most future Mario games". So he's saying that stages will probably happen for third party characters.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Crap that mistake slipped by my check. Just got home; should be fixed in less than 10 minutes. Thanks.

And updated :) thanks agian.

Last edited:

Soul.

I don't think Nintendo has announced anything on weekends.

Anyways tho stage hype lets go

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Well, three characters / stages hype. Just got rid of the Pichu avatar as I figured he was a no-hoper, too. That probably hasn't changed, sadly, but at least we're getting more stages!

Stage hype >>> character hype, at least for me, because I actually play most stages, unlike characters.

Last edited:

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
Just got home, what did I miss? ...

OKAY WHAT

3 new characters (at least) and 3 new stages? Am I understanding this correctly?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It says he was chosen with the ballot but lol has he had a loud enough outcry to even catch Sakurai and his team's eye?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Bomberman kinda kills that leak for me to be honest.
I haven't seen much support for him at all and Sakurai adding him over Snake because of the Kojima VS Konami thing is silly.
That would be like saying "whelp, Inafune left Capcom, instead of Mega Man I'll pick Ryu".

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Bomberman kinda kills that leak for me to be honest.
I haven't seen much support for him at all and Sakurai adding him over Snake because of the Kojima VS Konami thing is silly.
That would be like saying "whelp, Inafune left Capcom, instead of Mega Man I'll pick Ryu".
Kojima is his friend however. He might not add him back out of friendship. Just like he added him partially because of their friendship.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Just wondering if you guys saw this leak on 4chan from early September that lines up with this new update
http://imgur.com/ryat6gw
Hmm. That's a good guess, however I raise issue on one thing. I can accept he skimmed past the 3DS version as that's generally not cared about as much as the Wii U version. However it's the wording that's key.

Pirate Ship will be the FINAL returning stage.

Now of course, we have 2 additional stages to potentially look forward to. True, it might not conflict in the end, but if any other returning stage is announced then it dies. Still, at the very least it actually survived an information wave, that's better than 99.9% of leaks.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The ballot ends tomorrow. Think we'll have any sort of announcement soon?

I don't expect anything tomorrow, since it's Saturday. Has Nintendo done any announcements on weekends?
Not typically. I think we'll just get a social media post and wont hear anything for a while. Nintendo's marketing has (understandably) slipped over thelast few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom