• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Cranky has moveset potential no one else does at Nintendo.
Good thing Shovel Knight is a thing. The cane bounce is no longer that unique.

Regardless the point was pretty much recency stuff we've heard before.

Remember when you said that people going against Shovel Knight made you support him harder.

Yeah that goes both ways.

Regardless, its not a matter of if K.Rool returns. It's when. Retro has taken a lot of interest in the Kampaign.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
So, what's the deal with Tikibuzz? Is it possible it's some sort of stage placeholder?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Remember when you said that people going against Shovel Knight made you support him harder.

Regardless, its not a matter of if K.Rool returns. It's when. Retro has taken a lot of interest in the Kampaign.
Hence why I said @Nintendo.

Except the difference is? I'm not against K. Rool in the least. I don't hate him. Nor would I be vocally against his inclusion before anyone else in the DK series not already in should it happen.

So yeah. I don't exactly get your sauciness in this situation. Lol.

I do feel however that characters that are used in the games at the moment should get in first over ones that aren't though. And K. Rool even if he will return one day. He has not returned yet.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is there any other Tiki Buzz?

D

Deleted member

I think I have a not so low key woman crush on Laura.

She does it for me?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I guess this is a case of "It's okay if it's you"
Or you were actually straight this whole time and didn't want to accept
This is so hetero lol

Is "bounce with your weapon" going to be the new "anime swordfighter"?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I guess this is a case of "It's okay if it's you"
Or you were actually straight this whole time and didn't want to accept
This is so hetero lol
I identify as gay. Because I date men and have sex with men.

I'm not suddenly less gay or more hetero if I find a woman strikingly beautiful.

Sexuality isn't so black and white. I find many women both real and fictional to be quite beautiful.

So I don't understand your phrase of ''It's okay if it's you."?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
In other news, the next Japanese Splatfest for Splatoon is literally Squid vs Octopus

Playable Octolings confirmed for Splatfest calling it now.

Is there any other Tiki Buzz?
What about the Andross wannabe Tiki Dong?:troll:

D

Deleted member

When the technique is exactly the same...

Yeah.
Yeah, I had a feeling it was going to be

There are several key differences between them but I think anyone should know this at this point
I identify as gay. Because I date men and have sex with men.

I'm not suddenly less gay or more hetero if I find a woman strikingly beautiful.

Sexuality isn't so black and white. I find many women both real and fictional to be quite beautiful.

So I don't understand your phrase of ''It's okay if it's you."?
First off, I was only joking
Second, "If it's you, it's okay" is a trope
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IfItsYouItsOkay
And again, it was only supposed to be a joke

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, I had a feeling it was going to be

There are several key differences between them but I think anyone should know this at this point
What is the difference between Cranky's bounce and Shovel Knight's bounce? It's even the same as Scoorge's bounce.

I'm not saying the two would be clones, but the technique is exactly the same.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I tried to get a guesstimate of when Yacht Club will make their announcement on retail copies just in case it's heading anywhere for the SK rumor...

They responded...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's okay.

@Zoroarking

Not mad.

Nor did I even know that trope.

So I apologize if I came on strong.

I have that habit.
I'm used to it anyways
90% of my posts are ****posting
90% of my posts are misunderstood in some way
The rest are a 4% serious posts, 3% of trapposting yeah im making this a thing now, 1% of hype, 1% of conspiracy theories and 1% is a combination of all

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
vaanrose vaanrose do you remember the stage name for the Jungle stage level in Wii U? I doubt it's a port as ports have _C after them in the 3DS version if I remember correctly. It'd be a completely new stage. At work right now so I can't check the stage name; but I might've put it in the old data dump thread

D

Deleted member

When the technique is exactly the same...

Yeah.
Not exactly the same.
SK can only bounce on enemies and certain objects.

Cranky can bounce wherever he pleases. Even on things that would hurt or kill Shovel Knight.

D

Deleted member

What is the difference between Cranky's bounce and Shovel Knight's bounce? It's even the same as Scoorge's bounce.

I'm not saying the two would be clones, but the technique is exactly the same.
Yeah, I exaggerated on the number of differences, I get annoyed whenever someone tries to use the argument "character X isn't unique because we already have Y" and didn't think right when doing that post
Sorry about that

However, there are still a few:
SK's can't bounce off the ground nor spikes
Cranky's work like a stall-and-fall iirc
Different physics and stuff

I didn't play TF so there might be something I'm missing here

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not exactly the same.
SK can only bounce on enemies and certain objects.

Cranky can bounce wherever he pleases. Even on things that would hurt or kill Shovel Knight.
Ah that's right.

Still, I doubt Cranky would use it much if he did get in.

He has more potential than that.

K.Rool and Dixie have more.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I tried to get a guesstimate of when Yacht Club will make their announcement on retail copies just in case it's heading anywhere for the SK rumor...

They responded...

They were originally going to share the details a couple of days ago.

https://twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/649048533404938241

If it had anything to do with Smash, it wouldn't make sense for them to first say this.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Oh, so they increased the placeholder slots?

Wonderful, now hoping for more than 2 characters is at least plausible!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
They were originally going to share the details a couple of days ago.

https://twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/649048533404938241

If it had anything to do with Smash, it wouldn't make sense for them to first say this.
That was the day of the Smash update/maintenance. Days before they were discussing Smash and the ballot. The day after they backed away from it saying they're waiting on a confirmation. It's suspicious. They went from certain on the day of the Smash update to saying ''Little more time."

Which is why I'm keeping tabs on it.

Could be a coinky dink, but there's potential there.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
That was the day of the Smash update/maintenance. Days before they were discussing Smash and the ballot. The day after they backed away from it saying they're waiting on a confirmation. It's suspicious. They went from certain on the day of the Smash update to saying ''Little more time."

Which is why I'm keeping tabs on it.

Could be a coinky dink, but there's potential there.
So you think they wouldn't even know when the hypothetical announcement would happen?

They've recently backpedaled on all the "teasing" anyway.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If it helps.

Monolith didn't know when Shulk was.

Next Level Games did know when Little Mac was.

So... I dunno.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So you think they wouldn't even know when the hypothetical announcement would happen?

They've recently backpedaled on all the "teasing" anyway.
I don't think anyone knows the reveal schedule of Smash other than Sakurai and maybe one of his right hands.

It's not the first time a studio has seemed to be confused by when their character would be revealed for Smash.

Not saying this is a case of that, but it's certainly a possibility if SK is real.

They didn't even really backpedal anyways, they stopped it after the update funnily enough.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
vaanrose vaanrose do you remember the stage name for the Jungle stage level in Wii U? I doubt it's a port as ports have _C after them in the 3DS version if I remember correctly. It'd be a completely new stage. At work right now so I can't check the stage name; but I might've put it in the old data dump thread
I don't recall. I haven't looked at the files since... last November, I think. But more pertinent than what Jungle Japes is named is what the new DLC ports are named.

However, regardless of what they're named, the 'tikibuzz' name is clearly a placeholder. The question is why is that name used for the placeholders. The 'Mario' name makes perfect sense for the characters; he's the first character programmed into the game and it's only logical to use his file structure as the basis for the rest of the characters. But 'Tikibuzz' makes no sense as no other stage on the 3ds is called that, and I doubt even the Wii U DKCR level is named that either, as the enemies make no appearance on it. So short of them just pulling a random name out of a hat, I can't fathom the reason for the name.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think they do know actually.

Shulk being moved would explain Monolith retweeting the Robin reveal for some reason and the "My friend Shulk" thing.

D

Deleted member

I think they do know actually.

Shulk being moved would explain Monolith retweeting the Robin reveal for some reason and the "My friend Shulk" thing.
Yeah... no
It's pretty clear Sakurai plans reveals ahead
The most clear proof of this is the ordering of the newcomers in the 3DS title screen, all 1st party newcomers are in order of reveal
He wouldn't delay Shulk's reveal
EDIT: and as you said before, Monolith retweeted every Smash related stream

Last edited by a moderator:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Monolith didn't know when Shulk was.

Next Level Games did know when Little Mac was.
Do you have a source or is this just pure speculation cause "They retweeted!!!"?

Regardless, those aren't 3rd party developers so it's a bit different.
I don't think anyone knows the reveal schedule of Smash other than Sakurai and maybe one of his right hands.

It's not the first time a studio has seemed to be confused by when their character would be revealed for Smash.

Not saying this is a case of that, but it's certainly a possibility if SK is real.

They didn't even really backpedal anyways, they stopped it after the update funnily enough.
I seriously doubt 3rd party developers would be unaware of and unprepared for the announcement of their character. And I don't think they'd make promises about the retail release news if they were only guessing.

Maybe "backpedal" is the wrong word. But after people started hyping it up they basically said it meant nothing. "I was just excited for smash too. :<"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I remember earlier I said...
I think two, I hope for four.

That's my view anyway.
And we end up getting three.

Once again it is apparent that I am a great and powerful wizard with supreme powers of prediction.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think they know he's in.

I just don't think they know the exact date. Just that he's possibly due for at least an announcement or purchase around the end of the ballot?

So they assumed this was it? They do say any day now.

However it could easily be some other non Smash related issue as well.

The timing is just strange is all.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah... no
It's pretty clear Sakurai plans reveals ahead
The most clear proof of this is the ordering of the newcomers in the 3DS title screen, all 1st party newcomers are in order of reveal
He wouldn't delay Shulk's reveal
That's an easy thing to switch around. Like that would take an hour of coding.

And of course he plans ahead. But if they're way to get rid of the Gematsu leaker was to spread misinformation so hard that even the parent company didn't know than it all makes sense.That's a common practice too.

AncientTobacco AncientTobacco It's the only time they've retweeted a direct. It's too suspicious for me.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh gosh, I just found out that Medabots RPG is now available in European eShop. I haven't played that game in years. I'll see if I'll purchase it since I remember enjoying it a lot as a kid. ^^

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh, I misread your post. Thought you said NLG didn't know.

I was mostly referring to the Monolith thing though, is there any source that they didn't know when Shulk was getting revealed?
Not really...

But they kept retweeting things for a while, most notably, they started around "My good friend Shulk."

Seems to me, they either had information to out a leaker or they helped with said info.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Not really...

But they kept retweeting things for a while, most notably, they started around "My good friend Shulk."

Seems to me, they either had information to out a leaker or they helped with said info.
They could easily just have been excited for Smash like everyone else.

Not gonna get into the Gematsu thing, don't want to start an argument.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
They could easily just have been excited for Smash like everyone else.

Not gonna get into the Gematsu thing, don't want to start an argument.
I dunno. Them starting that right as the "My Friend Shulk" thing is too fishy. Plus they stopped after Shulk's trailer.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Speaking of Shulk, I recently got Xenoblade on Wii. So far, I am enjoying it a whole lot.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I dunno. Them starting that right as the "My Friend Shulk" thing is too fishy. Plus they stopped after Shulk's trailer.
Which is why YCG's action are sort of trippy deja vu in a way.

Talk Smash right before an update and ballot end. Not really about their viable character though, just in general.

Deny or make weird tweets at people who are thinking they're making some kind of statement.

Then there's the retail update thing.

It's all just weird in timing. I'mma probably gonna laugh more if they just randomly pop out and say ''Oh yeah the guy who was printing the disks totally died and we were waiting on confirmation of the new guy getting the job done." or something not related to Smash at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom