• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Which is why YCG's action are sort of trippy deja vu in a way.

Talk Smash right before an update and ballot end. Not really about their viable character though, just in general.

Deny or make weird tweets at people who are thinking they're making some kind of statement.

Then there's the retail update thing.

It's all just weird in timing. I'mma probably gonna laugh more if they just randomly pop out and say ''Oh yeah the guy who was printing the disks totally died and we were waiting on confirmation of the new guy getting the job done." or something not related to Smash at all.
I mean, we were all excited about Smash Bros. at the same time they were. They're fans, just like us. The fact that they were replying to tweets with implications could just be because they were enjoying the attention. The reactions are fairly immature and unprofessional for a studio, regardless of SK's Smash status. I find it especially weird when they use "I" instead of "we."

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So can someone clear something up? from what I understand......there are 3 stages left, with two of them being recently added?
And is just one of the stages called "Tikibuzz" or all of them called this?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I don't particularly find it weird when the SK twitter uses "I" instead of "we", simply because maybe the person who runs the account may not share the same sentiments or opinions of everyone else at the studio when answering a question or responding to a statement.

That's how I see it anyway.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Isabelle wasn't already an AT I'd almost put money on her being a newcomer.

Japan adore her.
She's getting in Smash 5 for sure. Both she and Nook definitely scream definite AC additions for future games. They have the potential to represent other features of the games Villager can't.

I mean, we were all excited about Smash Bros. at the same time they were. They're fans, just like us. The fact that they were replying to tweets with implications could just be because they were enjoying the attention. The reactions are fairly immature and unprofessional for a studio, regardless of SK's Smash status. I find it especially weird when they use "I" instead of "we."
The I instead of we thing is quite odd. I'll admit. I mean I get they're Smash fans too as well, but the fact of the matter is the timing of the update was timed with a Smash one, then suddenly it's timed to any day now.

On top of the talk of Smash on that day or so, they're not reminding people to vote for their character, which isn't unprofessional in the least. They just refuse to comment on the possibilty of him in Smash all together when it's brought up on that day.

It's all a little strange, but could also mean absolutely nothing. I think if they bring up the ballot again tomorrow or today would be a tell tale sign one way or another.

After all? I don't really get what's stopping them from pushing their character one last time, other than the possible fact they already know he's in and thought he was coming this update, so now they're just twiddling their thumbs.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
If Isabelle wasn't already an AT I'd almost put money on her being a newcomer.

Japan adore her.
She's a lock for Smash 5. Perhaps one of the safest guesses.

I will not be surprised at all if "ATs can't be characters" theory is broken down and Isabelle ends up being a ballot character.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So can someone clear something up? from what I understand......there are 3 stages left, with two of them being recently added?
And is just one of the stages called "Tikibuzz" or all of them called this?
Pretty much.

It's bizarre.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
There's gotta be some other form of "Tiki Buzz" that we can connect to Nintendo...
I mean we literally already have a DCKR stage, having another would be redundant. I'd have expected something from Tropica Freeze or 64 or the DKC 1 2 or 3, but a second returns stage seems odd.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
My theory; "Tikibuzz" is a dev title/name for Jungle Hijinx, which will be ported to the 3DS, possibly as a result of another Wii U exclusive returning stage. If we're talking about version exclusive returning stages on the Wii U,, Greay Bay with proper water physics and New Pork seem like good candidates.

I would assume the only reason a stage wouldn't be cross-platform is most likely due to conflicts between versions. E.g. water physics changing the mechanics of the stage entirely, or the size of the stage being far too absurd for a version like the 3DS. Almost every large-scale stage has been thrown on the Wii U version, probably because of 8-player Smash.

So, my bet is: Hijinx to the 3DS version, NPC to the Wii U version.

*this is assuming the datamine is from the 3DS version, if it's from the WII U version, rofl idk

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
My theory; "Tikibuzz" is a dev title/name for Jungle Hijinx, which will be ported to the 3DS, possibly as a result of another Wii U exclusive returning stage. If we're talking about version exclusive returning stages on the Wii U,, Greay Bay with proper water physics and New Pork seem like good candidates.

I would assume the only reason a stage wouldn't be cross-platform is most likely due to conflicts between versions. E.g. water physics changing the mechanics of the stage entirely, or the size of the stage being far too absurd for a version like the 3DS. Almost every large-scale stage has been thrown on the Wii U version, probably because of 8-player Smash.

So, my bet is: Hijinx to the 3DS version, NPC to the Wii U version.

*this is assuming the datamine is from the 3DS version, if it's from the WII U version, rofl idk
I suppose that makes sense. Though it may not look like it. Pirate Ship is actually a very large stage with various things going on that the 3DS version may have been unable to handle it.

So I suppose we may see that Jungle Hijinx getting ported over whilst the Wii U version gets another returning stage such as New Pork City or something....

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
My theory is...Tikibuzz doesn't mean anything. It's just a random name someone decided to use as the placeholder. Maybe an inside joke of some sort.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Jungle Hijinx, if they could get it to work, would make great use of the 3D effects. Maybe it'd be like Gaur plains and they'd tone it down with perhaps less random platforms or fewer barrels.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My theory is...Tikibuzz doesn't mean anything. It's just a random name someone decided to use as the placeholder. Maybe an inside joke of some sort.
Tikibuzz seems to specific of a name to mean nothing.

After all. Why only have one placeholder named something different?

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Not exactly the same.
SK can only bounce on enemies and certain objects.

Cranky can bounce wherever he pleases. Even on things that would hurt or kill Shovel Knight.
Yep, the art of Shovelry doesn't seem to include bouncing on spikes:
New placeholders sounds exciting though, and I think it's more evidence that there's already something in the pipeline.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I thought @egaddmario was up late for a second lol. It's ok Kenith, I appreciate ya.

I remember before launch we had that leak that included unlockable Isabella. Honestly, while clearly fake for other reasons, that one alone wouldn't of surprised me. Her popularity and marketability is insanely high. Honestly the only thing holding her back is a moveset, but we've seen larger stretches given movesets before.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well Jungle Hijinx, if they could get it to work, would make great use of the 3D effects. Maybe it'd be like Gaur plains and they'd tone it down with perhaps less random platforms or fewer barrels.
I'd imagine that's what they would do. Perhaps put the background part a little closer too with fewer barrels as well.

Sakurai has said before that new stages shared between both versions would have a few differences too....

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Aw man that is nice.
Tikibuzz seems to specific of a name to mean nothing.

After all. Why only have one placeholder named something different?
It's not though. All the placeholders for stages are named tikibuzz.

Two before duckhunt and four after.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Aw man that is nice.

Oh...

THEY ARE INVADING.

I wasn't aware there were several.

Hmm... Perhaps Sakurai is playing a joke with our DK wants?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh...

THEY ARE INVADING.

I wasn't aware there were several.

Hmm... Perhaps Sakurai is playing a joke with our DK wants?
You guys wanted more DK reps? DK is now represented in the files. Y'all better be happy now!

Okay this slipped past me too for some reason....

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So two placeholders, Duck Hunt and then 4 more. So that's 6 more stages total with either two or 4 of them being old exclusives.

That'show I read it at least.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So far I have seen two fan arts online for Laura.

One is lewd. Of course.

The other? Making her a fat chick instead.

Gotta love the internet.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Aw man that is nice.

Remember Omegas are technically different stages. So there's one stage before Duck Hunt and two after.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So far I have seen two fan arts online for Laura.

One is lewd. Of course.

The other? Making her a fat chick instead.

Gotta love the internet.
WE NEED TO SEXUALIZE HER MORE! HERE IS HER BEING SEXY!

NO SHE IS ALREADY TOO SEXUALIZED! HERE IS HER BEING NON OFFENSIVE!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember Omegas are technically different stages. So there's one stage before Duck Hunt and two after.
That makes a bit more sense. That's one for every extra character. I don't think they'll all be be linked but the option's there.

Shroob

Sup?
Ya know, a thought occurred to me.

There has to be at least two more dlc stages coming that's not part of the dummy data atm. Currently, the 3ds dlc stage screen looks like this:

XXXX
XXY0

0's represent Blank spots, X's represent stages, and the Y represents the back button. In theory, once this DLC is done, the DLC sss will look like so.

XXXX
XXXX
XY00

Anyone else find that odd?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
hmmm tikibuzz.....tikibuzzz......tiki.....buzz

i dunno about you guys but my thoughts arnt on donkey kong but on #FE
after all tiki is a character in that game and seeing as shes in the music industry(read being a vocaliod)
and well its her job to generate BUZZ(read hype)

i dunno i guess i just think diffrently than you guys

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Man, how conflicted would everyone be if the filenames read:
>revolver ocelot
>revolver ocelot
>revolver ocelot
>revolver ocelot

A meme and a Snake reference/confirmation all at once! What to do D:
"You're pretty good."

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Goku should never be in Smash Bros.
But I realized that a DBZ fighting game that is basically a Smash clone would be absolutely perfect.
I mean, every fight in that series has people getting sent flying anyways.

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
hmmm tikibuzz.....tikibuzzz......tiki.....buzz

i dunno about you guys but my thoughts arnt on donkey kong but on #FE
after all tiki is a character in that game and seeing as shes in the music industry(read being a vocaliod)
and well its her job to generate BUZZ(read hype)

i dunno i guess i just think diffrently than you guys
Well Tiki Buzz is literally the name of an enemy in Donkey Kong Country Returns, so I think it makes sense for people to go there. I don't think it's really indicative of much, though.

...What if we got a #FE stage/character bundle that came with Chrom?
can you imagine the salt

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, there are more placeholder slots? Great.

And I'm a bit unsure if Jungle Hijinxs could work on the 3DS with the dual layer mechanic.

However, it's something that could work: the camera could zoom on the back layer for the players in there. Then again, DKCR had a 3DS port and had the dual layer thing just fine.

Otherwise, the stage could have the dual layer mechanic removed. Stages like Gaur Plain and Wily Castle also differ between versions. Gaur Plain is smaller and doesn't have Metal Face, while Wily Castle has different platform configurations in each version.

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
Three character slots sounds great, I love having leaks of more characters, but not knowing which characters we will get.

Fingers still crossed for Inkling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom