• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Sakurai's gonna patch the Diddy glitch

Then "accidentally" make shields how they were Pre-Patch

Samurai never gives without taking away.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There's a gaming expo in India during November. I wonder if Dhalsim could end up being revealed there for SF5.
I wonder if our Indian friend FalKoopa FalKoopa knows about it.
It's too far away for me to attend, unfortunately.
But I'll say it's a huge deal as console gaming has languished here in the shadow of PC gaming due to the prohibitively high pricing and low availability.

I don't know about Dhalsim... but it's certainly possible that we get a reveal there.

:231:

Last edited:

Chrono.

Is another character for SF5 expected already? Zangief was just revealed. Lol.
Maybe/Maybe not.

Ono's at a game convention for the weekend so something might show up. But wouldn't be the first time Ono showed up somewhere and no reveals happened /shrug.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
By the looks of things, it seems that the Diddy glitch involves the anti-chain grab mechanic somehow, which is unintentionally triggered for an indefinite time through multi-hit moves hitting on the shield.

By anti-chain grabs I mean that you can't grab opponents for a while right after using a throw.

After all, other players can still grab Diddy, so the glitch involves the player that hits Diddy, not Diddy himself.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I did forget to mention this, someone might have already.

We most definitely have some representation at Nintendo from this community now. Though we always did, it's now much more Apparent.

Pirate Ship is the best example we've had all year of direct community feedback influencing the game.

Around Launch that was easily the most "Why didn't they bring this back from Brawl?" stage. The fact that it randomly dropped as DLC is evidence that someone high up is now finally listening to some hardcore fans.

Not to mention the godlike Shield Stun changes.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

We most definitely have some representation at Nintendo from this community now. Though we always did, it's now much more Apparent.

Pirate Ship is the best example we've had all year of direct community feedback influencing the game.

Around Launch that was easily the most "Why didn't they bring this back from Brawl?" stage. The fact that it randomly dropped as DLC is evidence that someone high up is now finally listening to some hardcore fans.

Sooooo....Wolf confirmed?....

Maybe?....

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

King K Rool please?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Sooooo....Wolf confirmed?....

Maybe?....
I would consider that a higher up decision.

But slightly altering the game to make it more competitive for those kinds of players, and implementing something like a stage, are the smaller kinds of details that someone close to us could have an affect on.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I tried fighting Diddy on the 3DS version I can grab him as Pit in no problem.
And tried it as Mac and did it perfectly.

Maybe it's just a glitch that happen to the guy because I don't see it happy to other players

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I tried fighting Diddy on the 3DS version I can grab him as Pit in no problem.
And tried it as Mac and did it perfectly.

Maybe it's just a glitch that happen to the guy because I don't see it happy to other players
Like I said, it may not work on the 3DS version.

I've been experimenting around with Diddy and an AI Pit and even though I shield Pit's multi-hit moves, the glitch doesn't seem to happen.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Like I said, it may not work on the 3DS version.

I've been experimenting around with Diddy and an AI Pit and even though I shield Pit's multi-hit moves, the glitch doesn't seem to happen.
Thing is I think it's a glitch that probably happened only once and probably won't happen again unless we have more pet coming out saying it happen to them.

Also I might play a little bit more Pit in the end. Doesn't feel stupid like he did in Brawl

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

If true, I really hope this means Fountain of Dreams and Saffron City are being considered. Then again Hyrule Castle was probably more popular... but still!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
If true, I really hope this means Fountain of Dreams and Saffron City are being considered. Then again Hyrule Castle was probably more popular... but still!
We might not even get Saffron City because we might end up with Poke Floats THIS time because it's actually a popular choice over that.

We might see other stuff like Fountain of Dreams returning and even possibly Pokemon Stadium 1 & Big Blue

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
We might not even get Saffron City because we might end up with Poke Floats THIS time because it's actually a popular choice over that.

We might see other stuff like Fountain of Dreams returning and even possibly Pokemon Stadium 1 & Big Blue
I'll be fine with PokeFloats, I think I'd be more excited for that stage than Saffron City.

Big Blue seriously needs to come back. I was surprised it was left out.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so going back the the ghost discussion a while back let me tell you they are real
now thats not to say they are common you can go your whole life with out ever having an encounter
its kinda like getting struck by lightning it happens but at such an infrequency you really only hear about it once ever 10 or so months

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'll be fine with PokeFloats, I think I'd be more excited for that stage than Saffron City.

Big Blue seriously needs to come back. I was surprised it was left out.
And especially with the no music can be moved rule being dead.

I'm more excited ove the idea that even Yoshi's Island might come back as well as other stages. How about my Stage DLC prediction

Wii U
  • Poke Floats
  • Fountain of Dremas
  • Big Blue
  • New Pork City
  • Splatoon stage
  • Brinstar (from 3DS)
  • Corneria (from 3DS)
  • Arena Ferox (from 3DS)
3DS
  • Poke Floats
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Big Blue
  • 64 Kongo Jungle (a a replacement for New Pork City)
  • Splatoon Stage
  • Smashville (from Wii U)
  • Onett (from Wii U)
  • Mario Circuit Brawl (from Wii U)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

I'm more excited ove the idea that even Yoshi's Island might come back as well as other stages. How about my Stage DLC prediction

Wii U
  • Poke Floats
  • Fountain of Dremas
  • Big Blue
  • New Pork City
  • Splatoon stage
  • Brinstar (from 3DS)
  • Corneria (from 3DS)
  • Arena Ferox (from 3DS)
3DS
  • Poke Floats
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Big Blue
  • Splatoon Stage
  • Onett (from Wii U)
I don't think we'll get that many stages, but I wouldn't complain. I'm also not sure that the 3DS can handle Big Blue.

(Also, Prism Tower and Magicant are my top 3DS to Wii U stages, although Arena Ferox and the old Melee stages would be awesome.)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ditto in the shape of a Final Destination-esque platform.
This needs to happen! I already wanted pokefloats back but now I need it more then ever!

As for the diddy glitch, I would love to help but am unable to atm. I don't think it will work with the 3ds though, because as you said these glitches seem to be tied to one version only.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't think we'll get that many stages, but I wouldn't complain. I'm also not sure that the 3DS can handle Big Blue.

(Also, Prism Tower and Magicant are my top 3DS to Wii U stages, although Arena Ferox and the old Melee stages would be awesome.)
It's mostly likable choices than me saying we'll get ALL those stages. And I think the 3DS is decent enough to handle Big Blue. The back ground just needs to be downgraded but I see your point. Although Pokemon Stadium 1 can be easily on the 3DS as well

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'd like to see Pokémon Stadium 1 returning. Pretty sure the 3DS could handle it, considering it handles Arena Ferox just fine.

Rainbow Ride, Frigate Orpheon, Fourside and Fountain of Dreams are also among my most wanted stages.

Chrono.

Wii U
  • Poke Floats
  • Fountain of Dremas
  • Big Blue
  • New Pork City
  • Splatoon stage
  • Brinstar (from 3DS)
  • Corneria (from 3DS)
  • Arena Ferox (from 3DS)
3DS
  • Poke Floats
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Big Blue
  • Splatoon Stage
  • Onett (from Wii U)
I'd replace Mario Circuit with Wii Fit Studio, she's the only one without a proper home stage after all.

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
Something I'm curious about. Will Z introduce new megas?
Late reply, but, personally, I am 100% sure they will.
Especially after they just retconned Mega evolutions into the ruby and sapphire remakes.

I could see the starters getting megas to make re-buying the game even more attractive for people.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Thing is I think it's a glitch that probably happened only once and probably won't happen again unless we have more pet coming out saying it happen to them.

Also I might play a little bit more Pit in the end. Doesn't feel stupid like he did in Brawl
It's actually stupidly easy to do, and any move that hits more than once can make it happen.

As Diddy, you simply shield the first hit of a multihit move, drop your shield and let yourself be hit by the second. Bam. Now you can't be grabbed until you lose a life or your shield takes damage again.

It's unfortunate in that it's such a simple glitch that it's easy to do it accidentally.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
For any returning stages, just give me Poke Floats, Big Blue, Great Bay, and (If he comes back) Shadow Moses Island. I could take one of those stages if needed.

And Magicant on Wii U. PLEASE. It would look so great on the Wii U, and I kinda want to see that and the F-Zero stage on Wii U, due to both of those stages being based off their home console counter part.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Oh please just give me Frigate Orpheon back preferably with my Metroid DLC character duh and I won't ask for another stage.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Aw, nice!

I forgot you get a discount for Freedom Planet if you downloaded the Preview back in June.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
We need that Dr. Mario stage that was supposedly cut. Remember the hype for the fake one? The real one would be so much better.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

So Yacht Club finally answered my question.

Make of it what you will.

Not sure anything Smash related would really effect the other retail copies.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm upset that we got inferior versions of Yoshi's Story, Mute City, Peach's Castle and Pokemon Stadium, but I guess I can live without the superior Melee versions. We have a Kirby stage from each Smash game except Melee, so give us Fountain of Dreams; everyone wants it back. I want Great Bay back too, because we have stages of all the other 3D Zelda games, also because it's an awesome stage (I imagine it becoming a 3DS exclusive stage though). I'd also love Fourside back, HD Poke Floats would be a dream, and Saffron City would be cool too, but I find those three stages coming back doubtful. I would also be cool with :frigate: coming back because it's a Metroid stage that doesn't have lava, so that's cool. Oh, and I still want that Bowser's Castle stage I've been waiting for since the first Smash. :glare:

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

So Yacht Club finally answered my question.

Make of it what you will.

Not sure anything Smash related would really effect the other retail copies.
Oh, alright. That's cool. Wonder if I should get it retail...

Wow, not treating this seriously. Because there's no point in doing so.

There's a part of me that feels like they're trying to figure out distribution and maybe the Japanese release date even. Hopefully an update comes soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom