• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay... this is getting suspicious.
Yeah.

This is obviously something that effects all physical copies though, right?

I mean, what's stopping them from just releasing info about the copies this info doesn't effect?

Also timed with the fact they thought about it with the timing of a Smash update is suspicious however.

I don't know what the hell is going on at Yacht Club Games anymore.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Okay... this is getting suspicious.
No it isn't...at all.
This "last bit of info" probably has nothing to do with Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Yeah.

I mean, what's stopping them from just releasing info about the copies this info doesn't effect?

Also timed with the fact they thought about it with the timing of a Smash update is suspicious however.

Buying the physical copy will get you a free download code for Shovel Knight in smash. Calling it.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I fail to see how this is suspicious.
It just seems like they keep on delaying an explanation why they are holding back the Physical Release of Shovel Knight. I'm not saying it ties in with Smash by any means :p. It's just weird that this keeps on happening XD. I was very much looking forward to the Physical Release as well.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It just seems like they keep on delaying an explanation why they are holding back the Physical Release of Shovel Knight. I'm not saying it ties in with Smash by any means :p. It's just weird that this keeps on happening XD. I was very much looking forward to the Physical Release.
'If Inafune's delaying his demo without any explanation we can do the same right?'
Buying the physical copy will get you a free download code for Shovel Knight in smash. Calling it.
I was already buying a physical copy so...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm telling you, they're pulling our strings. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if this was all a troll move.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can someone with photoshop skills do me a favor?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
No it isn't...at all.
This "last bit of info" probably has nothing to do with Smash Bros.
They start mentioning Smash again, but tip toe around Shovel Knight in Smash. No ''Vote for him in the Ballot!" rather talking about other characters and how exciting it'd be to see them in Smash.

They say they have an update coming on the release of the physical retail copies coming the day of a Smash update. Smash update comes no Shovel Knight. They delay the release info.

It could be coinky dinky of course, but it'd be a hell of a big one.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm telling you, they're pulling our strings. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if this was all a troll move.
I'm somewhat expecting it to be a troll move, and I'd be glad if it is solely because they're getting in touch with their fans so much because of it. I hope that after all this is over they still keep in touch with fans this well, it's rather rare

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
They start mentioning Smash again, but tip toe around Shovel Knight in Smash. No ''Vote for him in the Ballot!" rather talking about other characters and how exciting it'd be to see them in Smash.

They say they have an update coming on the release of the physical retail copies coming the day of a Smash update. Smash update comes no Shovel Knight. They delay the release info.

but.jpg

That's...
Well that is pretty interesting...in fact I will concede it's fishy.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Yacht Club only has five people, and they're self-publishing. It's no surprise they're running into issues trying to print and distribute physical game discs. It's an endeavor, and one they haven't attempted before.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't see what they'd benefit from a troll move that is delaying information they can clearly see their fans want.

If they pull any kind of ''psych!" or don't have something major to announce with the retail copies. It'll just cause fan outrage.

Maybe they're waiting on Nintendo about packing the amiibo with the game? That can't be it though, since they're the ones managing the SK amiibo.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord

Eh, I dunno. It's probably all the stuff going on with the rumor that makes it sound like that. I don't think they're teasing anything Smash related.

They've stopped talking about SK in Smash directly, no campaigning for last minute votes like Wayforward, but they probably just want to be professional and not look like... well, Wayforward.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But how can he talk? And how can he be a trainer(**** what non-canon Mewtwo says)? And most importantly: that would make me a furry and how can I be a furry?

Battle wise, Lance was great
Also, good luck a 10 levels lower Water Pokemon being able to tank Outrage/Thunder
And how is Alder losing to N bad? I always see this when people talk about him but it's not like N had a game breaking Legendary or anything
Besides, Alder is the only Champion that actually tries to ****
The others didn't even TRY to fight the evil team bosses
And Alder is, like, an actual character instead of "LOOK AT MY PSEUDO LEGENDARY I'M TOUGH AIN'T I?"
His talking isn't a problem. The zoroark that gives you snarl in Black and white 2 talks. He's disguised a person that lives in the woods. As for how he could be a trainer, I'd imagine it is all pokemon he befriended while travel the region. Perhaps he thought working with ghetius would help save the world.The major flaw it has, is that in Black and white's opening, we see N as a child. This would mean one of two things:

1) Zoroarks can only be full grown humans if adults themselves, if not they must take the appearance of a child. The anime seems to deconfirm this and it is quite outlandish but we'll say the anime isn't cannon.

2) Zoroark either saw Ghetius as a child and decided to imitate him, and through the years he took the appearance of a younger version of ghetius. This would mean Ghetius knew zoroark all his life but over time forgot it was a pokemon and as he slowly went mad( he did live under the Earth for years...) and forgot that he was indeed a zoroark.

Both of these are stretches but aren't out of the realm of possibility. There is probably a 3rd reason that justifies it, I just can't think of one. Overall it's interesting, whether or not it's real

And if N is a zoroark then yes you may be a furry. Now how about Zinnia and Aster's origins.....

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Eh, I dunno. It's probably all the stuff going on with the rumor that makes it sound like that. I don't think they're teasing anything Smash related.

They've stopped talking about SK in Smash directly, no campaigning for last minute votes like Wayforward, but they probably just want to be professional and not look like... well, Wayforward.
Eh. Maybe.

But saying ''Reminder that the Smash Ballot ends soon! -link- Vote SK!" isn't really unprofessional. It's just casually promoting their character in a hopeful way.

''SEE YA IN SMASH." however is unprofessional and gets fans riled up in a way that only Wayforward has so far.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
For the record, this is the video he's talking about:
(Edit: There are two point where things happen, at 0:30, and 1:23)

Personally I don't believe in the supernatural, but it's something I guess.

Edit 2:
You know... By the sounds of it, it sounds like him doing sounds. So I'm calling bullcrap.
Splicing in a whispered voice in post is child's play. That said, if that's what's going on then more power to him. It's something fresh for his viewers, let him spread out and be a bit creative. Heck, Leemak and I talked about doing something similar with our channel, and only didn't because we didn't have time to plan it out. Nothing wrong with finding new ways to engage your audience.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, this is a miracle that i didn;t got tagged for that, but.....

http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-luigi-paper-jam-launches-on-december-3-in-japan/

^this worries me a bit. Usually, m&l and paper amrio are hyped series in the way that DT got A LOT of attention and so is SS which got 2 E3 and an Iwata ask (which got infamous unfortunately).

Like, idk why they would announce out of nowhere the JP release date. We know almost next to nothing of the game and even though I watched every footage I could possibly find, it;s not much.

So this wories me a bit, I don;t worry about the game, I mostly worry about the contents. I don;t feel it would be rushed, but I also feel I should know a lot more before knowing it's getting released in JP in 2 months.

Btw, PushDustIn PushDustIn if you could do me a favor, I would.....well I woudl like you :) (I already do though,.....).

Anyway, if when the game releases you coudl find ANY (in the widest sense of the word) JP footage ont he game, please let me know because I would love to analyse them and I probably think you could find stuff I couldn;t otherwise.

....that is if there's no direct, but still, I would want to know anyway :)

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Yeah.

What's stopping them from releasing info?
They're waiting for Nintendo to announce the purchase of YCG and SK in Smash :^)

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I think Yacht Club has been incredibly unprofessional with all this teasing regardless of outcome. Either he's in, and they've leaned so hard on their NDA that no one should want to do business with them again, or he's not, and they're just fooling around for the hell of it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Splicing in a whispered voice in post is child's play. That said, if that's what's going on then more power to him. It's something fresh for his viewers, let him spread out and be a bit creative. Heck, Leemak and I talked about doing something similar with our channel, and only didn't because we didn't have time to plan it out. Nothing wrong with finding new ways to engage your audience.
I guess, but looking at the comments people seem to taking this face-first. So for the time being it seems to be working.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't think it's as extreme as someone bought them out.

They've still mentioned the PS4 copy and that it comes with just the disk and that was recently.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
I think Yacht Club has been incredibly unprofessional with all this teasing regardless of outcome. Either he's in, and they've leaned so hard on their NDA that no one should want to do business with them again, or he's not, and they're just fooling around for the hell of it.
seriously
in this case, it's so hypocritical to say wayforward is unprofessional and yet not ycg

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I swear to God, Shantae vs Shovel Knight has become the new Mac Vs PC. I don't care if Wayfoward or YCH is the unprofessional one, either way they both have their faults.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
seriously
in this case, it's so hypocritical to say wayforward is unprofessional and yet not ycg
Thank you. Everyone here are losing their heads over these people at this company, and just because "Shovel Knight might be in Smash" he get's a free pass of his companies actions and over exaggerate that one quote that may just be a loose way of saying "Hope to See You in Smash". Just missing a few words makes people blow their heads over all this and be bias.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
and just because "Shovel Knight might be in Smash" he get's a free pass
THIS!

For some reason, people just think that series included in Smash are better than they are and if a series isn't included, then it clearly wasn't worth adding anyways...

These people don't think for themselves.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Again, I think calling it teasing is looking too far into it (for most of their twitter stuff anway). Then again, maybe they just look more professional in comparison to Wayforward.

They're not using to drum up votes or anything, so I wouldn't call it "incredibly" unprofessional. I wonder who runs the YCG twitter anyway?
seriously
I'm not trying to hate or make it a contest because I think that's dumb, but Wayforward has been using just about every medium they have to promote their campaign- I even got an email about it from them.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
They're not using to drum up votes or anything, so I wouldn't call it "incredibly" unprofessional. I wonder who runs the YCG twitter anyway?
I insist that Discount Scott Cawthon runs it, but it must otherwise be a professional troll we don't know of. :c

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh, YCG is definitely guilty of stretching an NDA like it's silly putty if he's in.

And that will definitely look worse than Wayforward and they're pushing of Shantae in the ballot if SK comes to be in Smash.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I insist that Discount Scott Cawthon runs it, but it must otherwise be a professional troll we don't know of. :c
Hmm... Professional troll involved with video games that currently have some relation to Nintendo...

Maybe. Just maybe...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also if he's in this speaks a little of how Sakurai handles reveals to a degree that even the company and studio that made that character doesn't know when they'll be revealed for Smash.

Flashing back to Monolith retweeting every single direct wishing and a praying for that Shulk reveal.

Chrono.

Oh, nothing new here in other words. People like to call Sakurai a troll. Sakurai is like a 10th of Ono.
What's funny is that all of Ono's cryptic tweets end up meaning something in the end, so it's not unwarranted.

Ed Boon is the western counterpart.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I actually had no idea that was a thing. Wow.
Yep. They're doing a short run series starting next year. Basically everyone except Robert Patrick (Doggett) is reprising their roles too.

If it does well enough, Duchovney said they'll do more short run seasons too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom