• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm nearing the end of Xenoblade. Of course, I ignored pretty much every side-quest. Story is great, by the way.
If you ever get around to a second playthrough or New Game+, I suggest focusing on side quests, there's some really great characters and stories, new areas and enemies, and neat things to unlock like new skill trees and crap (I'm sure you may have noticed the two missing slots for Monado Arts, hint hint)
But it's good to not go nuts with them on your first go because they can be overwhelming to balance with the main story (and overlevel you like crazy)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If your favorite E4 member is not Karen, I'm sorry but we can't be friends

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
This is probably a silly question but....

When did they say they would make Flipnote Studio 3D available for PAL regions again? Was it after Club Nintendo being no more or after they launched the new Nintendo membership program?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Been watching lots of One Piece, and I have a question, any particular reason why the English dub for the anime is way behind the Japanese version?
The Japanese version is the original version.

In order for a dub to come out before it, they'd have to deliberately hold off airing the Japanese version.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I've put so many hours into Xenoblade. Though to be fair, there is no such thing as "too much Xenoblade".

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Holy ****, Etika sure isn't my favorite person in the world but... Poor guy. He is legit spooked, I feel genuinely bad for him.

Of course his comment section is wonderful as always. -_-
It's either:
a) A hoax by Etika (October spoopy series?) I'm not convinced by the tears - notice you can't see his eyes in the beginning, he might've been putting something in them. Maybe he's even starting a Slenderman-esque special, especially since he's referencing video equipment being his primary clue.
b) Harassment by someone who knows about him, either a fan or a hater. Could be looking to get famous, could be looking to hurt him...
c) He's getting worked up over something inconsequential.

If it's b) and it keeps happening, he should contact the police. Youtuber harassment/pranks classically get way out of hand real fast (remember SWATting?) and it'd be best to stop this before it has a chance to get moving.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
If your favorite E4 member is not Karen, I'm sorry but we can't be friends
I think Karen is pretty cool. I kinda prefer her Gen 2 design over 4 though. She's too bright now for the type she's suppose to represent.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It's either:
a) A hoax by Etika (October spoopy series?) I'm not convinced by the tears - notice you can't see his eyes in the beginning, he might've been putting something in them. Maybe he's even starting a Slenderman-esque special, especially since he's referencing video equipment being his primary clue.
b) Harassment by someone who knows about him, either a fan or a hater. Could be looking to get famous, could be looking to hurt him...
c) He's getting worked up over something inconsequential.

If it's b) and it keeps happening, he should contact the police. Youtuber harassment/pranks classically get way out of hand real fast (remember SWATting?) and it'd be best to stop this before it has a chance to get moving.
In all likelyhood, yeah. Not saying "I've had the guy all wrong", just genuine pity.
Even if it is c), doesn't make it any less hard to see a grown man like that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Best champion is Cynthia, no doubt about it. Cynthia is a badass.

Alder is the second best champion. Badass as well.

Worst champion is Diantha. She hardly has any importance to the story and she's revealed as the champion completely out of nowhere only when you defeat the Elite 4.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
My favorite champion is Steven or Blue, least favorite is Diantha.

I just adore Steven's design, especially in ORAS.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
For the record, this is the video he's talking about:
(Edit: There are two point where things happen, at 0:30, and 1:23)

Personally I don't believe in the supernatural, but it's something I guess.

Edit 2:
You know... By the sounds of it, it sounds like him doing sounds. So I'm calling bullcrap.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Best champion is Cynthia, no doubt about it. Cynthia is a badass.

Alder is the second best champion. Badass as well.

Worst champion is Diantha. She hardly has any importance to the story and she's revealed as the champion completely out of nowhere only when you defeat the Elite 4.
To be fair, you always find out the champion last second.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be fair, you always find out the champion last second.
Oh sure. But with every other Champion you had at least some time to figure out who it was, or at least get to know them. She appeared maybe once or twice and somehow I was supposed to give a crap about her.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh sure. But with every other Champion you had at least some time to figure out who it was, or at least get to know them. She appeared maybe once or twice and somehow I was supposed to give a crap about her.
Except Diantha has little to no importance to the game unlike Blue, Lance, Steven, Cynthia and Alder.
Ok, very true. X and Y needed story backgrounds for everyone though. Black and white game every leader a purpose, then they were just there in X and Y. I hope they change this in the third game.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So anything new happened? Besides Zangief being revealed and crushing my Alex dreams.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Ok, very true. X and Y needed story backgrounds for everyone though. Black and white game every leader a purpose, then they were just there in X and Y. I hope they change this in the third game.
It's odd how the gym leaders went to N's Castle to fight Team Plasma, but the Elite Four members did absolutely nothing.

----

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Now that I think about it, a lot of Gym Leaders didn't do much now did they? Sure you had a few that did one or two things every now and then, but it wasn't really 'till Gen 5 that they went from glorified goalposts and became characters. Even in Gen 1 apart from Giovanni no one really did much.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I swear, Sinnoh's Pokemon League is where Smash Bros. characters go to hang out in their free time.
Cynthia looks like Rosalina in disguise.
Meanwhile...

> Name is Lucian
> Long indigo hair
> very thin and gender neutral
> shares these traits with a Fire Emblem character
> this character is known to pretend to be a man
> this character has both traveled time and traveled to other dimensions
> this character's name is one letter off from Lucian

Hmmmmm
HMMMMMMM

Conclusion:
This guy is Robin in disguise
He reads books a lot!

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I swear, Sinnoh's Pokemon League is where Smash Bros. characters go to hang out in their free time.
Cynthia looks like Rosalina in disguise.
Meanwhile...

> Name is Lucian
> Long indigo hair
> very thin and gender neutral
> shares these traits with a Fire Emblem character
> this character is known both to pretend to be a man
> this character has both traveled time and traveled to other dimensions
> this character's name is one letter off from Lucian

Hmmmmm
HMMMMMMM

Conclusion:
This guy is Robin in disguise
He reads books a lot!
Gender bending everywhere.

You people are so creative. :awesome:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's odd how the gym leaders went to N's Castle to fight Team Plasma, but the Elite Four members did absolutely nothing.

----
I assumed it was because both you and N kicked their *** and they couldn't fight back enough. This is even touched upon in BW2 when Alder says he retired because he lost to N and couldn't protect the region.
insert conspiracy theory about the Shadow Triad and the first gym leaders here
Actually this is touched upon and deconfirmed in BW2 as well. If you use the memory link feature, one of the clips you unlock is about how during the time of the league's invasion, Cilian and his brothers were fighting the shadow triad at their gym. They get destroyed and the shadow triad leaves them. That's why they resign as leaders in BW2.

I really liked the memory link feature, I'd love to see it return in the third XY game.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's just another step in evolution. He isn't gone.

He's on the next level. There is no return. No brakes. Soon you'll understand. Soon, we'll all understand...
...You're right. How could I have been so foolish?
We should all be consumed by Dora! Quickly my children! Rise and let the Dora into our lives! :bee:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom