• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I just see it as them talking about Smash. They mention playing it, and they also talk about other Nintendo games. I don't see why they can't talk about the Smash ballot. What do I know though, I may seem like i'm just trying to soften the blow of what they really mean in doing.

Still can't wait for DLC to be over. No more speculating, just playing the game with full content

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What's funny is that all of Ono's cryptic tweets end up meaning something in the end, so it's not unwarranted.

Ed Boon is the western counterpart.
I don't mind Ono's cryptic tweets for just this reason. Sure at times you can get the wrong impression from them, but the outcome at most is that you're suprised in a pleasant and good way.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
For anyone who hasn't seen it, they released a trailer for XFiles:

Call me when they continue Firefly. I'm still mad at Fox for cancelling it.
I still haven't seen it. I've got it and Serenity on Blu Ray ready to watch when I've got the time and I know it's going to be great because Joss Whedon.

If they continued Angel and/or Buffy (but particularly Angel) in some way (other than comics) then it would be the best thing ever. Angel = best show ever.

And I still want that damn Faith spinoff.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh, nothing new here in other words. People like to call Sakurai a troll. Sakurai is like a 10th of Ono.
And their 1/50 of the troll Ed Boon is

Also, I'm more upset over no information over the physical copies coming out. I'm thinking probably tying to the amiibo release and that's it.

I don't see anything related to Smash in the thought process because, hell I doubt they know when he's coming out if he's even in the game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If they continued Angel and/or Buffy (but particularly Angel) in some way (other than comics) then it would be the best thing ever. Angel = best show ever.

And I still want that damn Faith spinoff.
I think the comics and how rocky and fan fic and stretchy they've been prove that Buffy and Angel both ended at the right time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh hey I have mod power here now. :D

Khoru

Smash Champion
hey opossum
i can't find your ridiculous fighting game crossover roster
can you repost it or something

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes.

Yes I did.

As you can see I'm my powers for the good of all. :p That and it could use some spice. Plus hey, it's Zangief.
Very good choice. Zangief approves!
I aleady have the next best title:

NintendoZone Social thread 2.0 no swamping around. DLC Hype! Featuring Opossum and Zangief! from the Devil May cry series!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
hey opossum
i can't find your ridiculous fighting game crossover roster
can you repost it or something
Okay, so I did some digging. I found what was once the biggest roster we were planning on doing, before my friend and I had to trim it heavily for reasons dealing with his coding/spriting skills. Seriously, at one point we had it as low as sixteen characters. Sadly the little pet project fell through due to logistical reasons, but here was the massive version of the roster as a select screen mockup.

Gaming ALL STAR Roster Mockup.png
That is, the massive, un-reduced version, anyway. Included are lots of icons that I really needed to update. :p

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Okay, so I did some digging. I found what was once the biggest roster we were planning on doing, before my friend and I had to trim it heavily for reasons dealing with his coding/spriting skills. Seriously, at one point we had it as low as sixteen characters. Sadly the little pet project fell through due to logistical reasons, but here was the massive version of the roster as a select screen mockup.

That is, the massive, un-reduced version, anyway. Included are lots of icons that I really needed to update. :p
Ohh that's nice. I'm actually imagining how would the ultimate video game crossover be like... so far I've reached 200 characters and none are from the same series :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

>Sega and Namco having only two reps

My only issue. Goddamn it, give me Akira, Joe Musashi and Beat.

Also I'm upset at the lack of Ryu Hayabusa and Jack Frost

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Opossum Opossum is a mod here now? That was unexpected. :p

Good news everyone! @shinyquagsire23 has said on his Twitter that he'll get to looking at the files in depth soon! Exiting isn't it?
Let's see what will happen...

Probably nothing.

There's a gaming expo in India during November. I wonder if Dhalsim could end up being revealed there for SF5.
I wonder if our Indian friend @FalKoopa knows about it.

Ohh that's nice. I'm actually imagining how would the ultimate video game crossover be like... so far I've reached 200 characters and none are from the same series :p
Sounds like it wouldn't have the Great King Ganondorf. :4ganondorf:

As if Diddy wasn't reviled enough... :smirk:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think the comics and how rocky and fan fic and stretchy they've been prove that Buffy and Angel both ended at the right time.
I highly doubt Joss would have let them degrade in quality. Angel's S4 had dipped a bit but considering the developmental hell it was in they did really well with it. Angel particularly had arguably been better than ever in Season 5.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
>Sega and Namco having only two reps

My only issue. Goddamn it, give me Akira, Joe Musashi and Beat.

Also I'm upset at the lack of Ryu Hayabusa and Jack Frost
Akira, Ryu Hayabusa, and Jack Frost were actually in an even earlier draft once, if you could believe it, alongside Marcus Fenix as well. The thing went through a lot of versions, but that and the sixteen-character version were the only ones I was able to find. :p

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Battle wise, Lance was great
Also, good luck a 10 levels lower Water Pokemon being able to tank Outrage/Thunder
I say what I say because I've done it; I swept Lance with a level 40 Lanturn (though it started the battle at 39). Gyarados doesn't have Outrage/Thunder, he has Waterfall (not very effective), Dragon Pulse (special, no STAB), Ice Fang (not very effective, no STAB), and Flail (he'll be dead). Dragonites won't live long enough to do anything.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Akira, Ryu Hayabusa, and Jack Frost were actually in an even earlier draft once, if you could believe it, alongside Marcus Fenix as well. The thing went through a lot of versions, but that and the sixteen-character version were the only ones I was able to find. :p
i remember specifically a version with like, the hero of oakvale

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wonder if the Diddy glitch works on the 3DS version...

There have been glitches appearing through patches that only happened in one version.

Soul.

That Diddy thing is going to be fixed sooner or later lol. Nothing really big. For now though, they can enjoy being immune to grabs.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Okay, I'm unsure if I'm doing this right, but it doesn't seem the Diddy glitch is in the 3DS version.

Went to training mode against a Lv9 Pit playing as Diddy and waited till the CPU attacked me with a multi-hit move while I shielded.

The AI's grabs seemed to work normally.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Okay, I'm unsure if I'm doing this right, but it doesn't seem the Diddy glitch is in the 3DS version.

Went to training mode against a Lv9 Pit playing as Diddy and waited till the CPU attacked me with a multi-hit move while I shielded.

The AI's grabs seemed to work normally.
Might just be wii U version then. Which is good as that's only half a problem... I hope it gets patched soon though.

Chrono.

Considering the green section is reserved for 8 of the most known SF characters, I have little belief that Urien is going to be in at this point.
As do I, but a possibility is a possibility.

Right now Ono is at Mexico and he's already doing his usual Toy Blanka shenanigans, so this is Urien's last shot (I know he's only loosely associated with Mexico, but since the only other Mexican characters wouldn't go very well over there, Urien does seem to be the most logical choice after them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom