• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Wait a second, the update takes place on the 30th, and the ballot ends on the third. That along with the possible inclusion of shovel knight has been rumored, if I were to rearrange certain letters from "knight" and "smash", I could spell out "nigma". 3 is commonly used as E when there is no alternative when using boards...

Nigma
3nigma
Enigma!!

This must mean... That the Riddler is holding Sakurai for ransom! We must head to Namco Bandai studios to rescue him! Only then will we get *insert your top Smash pick here* in Smash!
We must not waste any time!

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Wait a second, the update takes place on the 30th, and the ballot ends on the third. That along with the possible inclusion of shovel knight has been rumored, if I were to rearrange certain letters from "knight" and "smash", I could spell out "nigma". 3 is commonly used an E when there is no alternative when using boards...

Nigma
3nigma
Enigma!!

This must mean... That the Riddler is holding Sakurai for ransom! We must head to Namco Bandai studios to rescue him! Only then will we get *insert your top Smash pick here* in Smash!
When I first started reading this, I though I was going to get some crazy speculation.

But I'm happy to see this was pure logic. <3

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Wait a second, the update takes place on the 30th, and the ballot ends on the third. That along with the possible inclusion of shovel knight has been rumored, if I were to rearrange certain letters from "knight" and "smash", I could spell out "nigma". 3 is commonly used an E when there is no alternative when using boards...

Nigma
3nigma
Enigma!!

...Ok...That, just made my day. Thank you.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Wait a second, the update takes place on the 30th, and the ballot ends on the third. That along with the possible inclusion of shovel knight has been rumored, if I were to rearrange certain letters from "knight" and "smash", I could spell out "nigma". 3 is commonly used as E when there is no alternative when using boards...

Nigma
3nigma
Enigma!!

Thanks for reminding me, new Gotham is recorded and I can use that to ease the wait.

at this point it is pretty much up to the dataminers to give us any hype.
They are our only hope.
They were smart enough to not make the mistake last patch, I doubt they'll make it again.
But who knows.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm thinking that Iwata's death impacted the management worse than I thought...
It pretty much shook the core the company by a whole. Hell, considering it probably affected Sakurai moreso considering how him and Iwata was.

Thing is, replacing the President after an untimely death will do that for a company, especially a multi-billion dollar corporation that has other locations around the world.

Kind of a late response, but if you have a PS4 or a decent PC I would highly recommend SOMA. It just came out a week ago. It's made by the same developers as the Amnesia games if you know what those are. It's a very psychologically oriented horror game if you like those.
I don't have any 8th gen consoles so I'm playing what I have on my 360, Wii, 3DS and Vita

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Nigma
3nigma
Enigma!!

Wait a second... Riddler...Take one d out and make the R into an Y... Rid-Ridley... Ridley has held Sakurai hostage for not making him playable! That sneaky scoundrel!

:troll:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Please baby please baby please. I got it right once with Robin, I can sure as hell do it again!

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
"Hello, this is Masahiro Sakurai. You may know about the latest update added into Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. What you are not aware of is a free character was added into this update, however you have to unlock them and I will not be revealing the method of unlocking them. You will have to discover this new character on your own." Reaction if this happened tomorrow?

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
What if Nintendo has decided to delay the update and release it another day? I know that's not happening at all or is it? :177:

And so almost everyone is starting to go crazy searching for answers :estatic:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hello, this is Masahiro Sakurai. You may know about the latest update added into Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. What your not aware of is a free character was added into this update, however you have to unlock them and I will not be revealing the method of unlocking them. You will have to discover this new character on your own.
Fox only, no items, Final Destination . Fool proof. :troll:

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Guilty by association.
But I wasnt even on the site
[cries]
Mommy! The mean, old vegetable man won't let me have the good boy chair!
Mother: It's ok. He has ****** evolutions and the other Pokemans are more popular.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hello, this is Masahiro Sakurai. You may know about the latest update added into Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. What your not aware of is a free character was added into this update, however you have to unlock them and I will not be revealing the method of unlocking them. You will have to discover this new character on your own.
I'm not kidding when I almost thought that this could happen yesterday. I'd be down for it.
But it looks like we will be getting nothing, so I'll be going to sleep, goodnight all.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But I wasnt even on the site
[cries]
Mommy! The mean, old vegetable man won't let me have the good boy chair!
Mother: It's ok. He has ****** evolutions and the other Pokemans are more popular.
Well now you're just guilty.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
A question ablut said punpkins(haha, I just accidentally made a typo and it's now a pun)
Is it supposed to be done through pixel art with coins/blocks or is it something else entirely?
Either in the background as coins, or part of the infrastructure of the map. As long as it's recognizable. - Does that make sense? I'm putting that as one of the rules, I think it makes sense, right?

My money is if we don't get a tweet in the next ~20 minutes for the turn of the hour (an hour after starting to post as well) we arent getting a real announcement at all.

Every single one of you is guilty. And i'll prove it if need be.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Hello, this is Masahiro Sakurai. You may know about the latest update added into Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. What you are not aware of is a free character was added into this update, however you have to unlock them and I will not be revealing the method of unlocking them. You will have to discover this new character on your own." Reaction if this happened tomorrow?
Don't even joke about this
I would take my 3DS to school so I can update it and stay as far away as possible from the internet until I unlocked the character
Either in the background as coins, or part of the infrastructure of the map. As long as it's recognizable. - Does that make sense? I'm putting that as one of the rules, I think it makes sense, right?
Yes, it does
What won't make sense is my terrible pixel art

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I would take my 3DS to school so I can update it and stay as far away as possible from the internet until I unlocked the character

Yes, it does
Lol, how would you even go about unlocking this character? The method is unknown, youd have a much easier time grouping with us to find the solution, instead of just isolating yourself :)

Chrono.

Seems the outcome of the update will be quite dark.

Almost mirroring the pure darkness of coffee.

D

Deleted member

Lol, how would you even go about unlocking this character? The method is unknown, youd have a much easier time grouping with us to find the solution, instead of just isolating yourself :)
Tell that to all the kid's that play the game blindly
Besides, it couldn't be that hard considering it needs to be accessible
And also because data miners would find everything and ruin the surprise

Last edited by a moderator:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

Yes, it does
Lol it doesn't have to look good, I just want to know that people designed their stage for my contest, and aren't using a pre existing stage (or at leas they'll have to edit their pre existing stage) :)

Also for you and anyone else interested, here are the rules: http://slickwylde.com/spooky_comp.html (still learning html, hopefully I can figure out how to get rid of the darn ".html" soon)

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Well now you're just guilty.
Damned if I do....
Damned if I don't......

Fine then. If the world will have me burned at the stake for atrocities I didn't commit, then it's the world that should burn.
[lights match]
[flame gets too close to fingers so he puts it out]

....well that didn't go as planned. Ah, well. I'll just play Pokemon and annihilate all grass types with my fire starter. That hot Bellosomyou were looking at...

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
well i'm off to bed. please let it be only the stage. and if a character is packaged with it, let it be wolf. good night ya'll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom