• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm only really expecting Oct 3rd to be "The Smash Bros Ballot is now over. Thank you for your participation, we will now count the votes. Stay tuned later to see the results."
I'm not...mainly because I don't think there will be any "counting" of "votes" nor do I expect them to show us the results beyond whoever gets in.

But I agree in expecting nothing more than "the ballot is now over."
inb4 Sakurai pulls a fast ball and reveals someone on October 2nd
Gooey = When :troll:
So, what Horror related games you guys are playing for October?

I'm gonna be playing Castlevania Order of Ecclesia, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles and Alien Isolation
Does Smash 4 count as a Horror Game :4pacman:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I'm actually kind of surprised I haven't seen people exploding with speculation over the fact that Nintendo is having a Yoshi's Woolly World event at Gamestop on the day the ballot ends.

Considering there were people claiming Yacht Club talking about XBONE meant something for Smash, for some weird reason, you'd think something that's actually Nintendo Event-related would cause some people to be like "Omg what if we get a new Yoshi rep that day" or something. People have speculated about like every little Nintendo event in the past... or was there already a crazy Yoshi-party that I missed? haha

Edit: Not that I think it means anything of course. I'm just so used to seeing people speculating over everything.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sorry If I sounded rude and I don't mean too and it wasn't my intention but I said chill out because you just sounded really angry
Nah, you read into my post.

Like you wanted someone to be angry to make your post.

Yet there has been no implied anger or any indication of it in any of my posts about the situation.

I was perfectly calm and you just set out to find someone to attack and tell to chill out.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well, we have two to four major Smash related projects that we need to start/finish so Smash content isn't going anywhere for awhile (not sure if 2 of them will be finished anytime soon =/). However, we are going to start writing more about other Nintendo IPs. For example, I'd like to explore Japan-only Nintendo games in the future and start doing translations for other series. "filling in the gaps" like we did with Smash.
Are you gonna do reviews on those Ayumi Takabana games? I haven't seen any decent reviews on those as of late

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm actually kind of surprised I haven't seen people exploding with speculation over the fact that Nintendo is having a Yoshi's Woolly World event at Gamestop on the day the ballot ends.

Considering there were people claiming Yacht Club talking about XBONE meant something for Smash, for some weird reason, you'd think something that's actually Nintendo Event-related would cause some people to be like "Omg what if we get a new Yoshi rep that day" or something. People have speculated about like every little Nintendo event in the past... or was there already a crazy Yoshi-party that I missed? haha
I don't think people are going to do that for every single character ever, just because this is happening now with Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight has a rumor/"leak" on his hands, that's the main reason everyone is on their toes atm, something like a Yoshi event wouldn't even bat an eye cuz who really thinks Yoshi of all characters would get another character?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Y'know if
didn't happen I bet we would have at least something to talk about
Watch as Sakurai pulls an overhead and Poochy is a fighter
He ain't stupid :troll:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
@TheAnvil Z25 Z25 Played your stages, and they should be up tomorrow! :D

Anvil, I'm not going to count yours as a Halloween contest entry, because I don't think you made it for the contest, and it's only slightly creepy ;) But you should submit one. Also, I think I'm going to make a rule that they have to include a pumpin somewhere in the background.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

They are two very different subjects. Yacht clubs is caused by the fact that all day they've been talking smash and said they can't update folks on the shovel knight physical release because reasons basically. And that they will then be able to discuss this matter tomorrow, coincidentally the same day as an update for a game they have been talking about all day when usually they ignore it. A random event to play yoshi's wooly world, a game that while good, has been over done in the public eye and is out elsewhere, so no one is really interested by it. Plus yoshi will probably never get a second rep.

D

Deleted member

Yet there has been no implied anger or any indication of it in any of my posts about the situation.

I was perfectly calm and you just set out to find someone to attack and tell to chill out.
I think you should chill out now then
You're overreacting way too much because of that post.
Rudeness or not, it's not a reason to act in the same way you don't want people to do
You won't win an argument by going down the same level as the other person

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Y'know if
Honestly, while I was typing that out part of me thought "What if we literally got Yarn Yoshi as a fighter with a slightly different moveset from Yoshi and Poochy is one of his moves or a taunt...?" haha

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think you should chill out now then
You're overreacting way too much because of that post.
Rudeness or not, it's not a reason to act in the same way you don't want people to do
You won't win an argument by going down the same level as the other person
You should take your own advice.

Let's not get into a moral superiority contest.

You're all guilty of this.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

But I wasnt trying to make you mad like at all, I would never try to make someone angry on purpose to get a post out of you, I'm not that stupid and mean

I was just trying to calm the situation down a bit

Sorry If I did something wrong

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Anvil, I'm not going to count yours as a Halloween contest entry, because I don't think you made it for the contest, and it's only slightly creepy ;) But you should submit one. Also, I think I'm going to make a rule that they have to include a pumpin somewhere in the background.
Thanks! I'll look forward to it, and after my finals, I'll be working on a level for your contest.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I just got a notification on my 3DS that reads, and I quote...

"Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer is now has come to visit!"

Nintendo, I thought our Engrish days were behind us...

Chrono.

Y'know if
NSMBU wouldn't keep him out actually.

Like Conductor Link and DL!DDD, he can just be swapped out. In Kamek's case it could be just any regular ol' Magikoopa.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Like Conductor Link and DL!DDD
Can those really be in the same league?
I've seen Dream Land 64 Dedede floating by in Smash 3DS even when there's 4 Dededes currently fighting
Not sure if that happens in Smash U, but I've definitely seen him flying by with Dedede in play, unlike Conductor Link. :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

A question ablut said punpkins(haha, I just accidentally made a typo and it's now a pun)
Is it supposed to be done through pixel art with coins/blocks or is it something else entirely?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Literally just popped up on my 3DS for a Spotpass notification. Straight from Nintendo.

This is why firing Bill was a bad idea. :p
So did they ACTUALLY fire Bill Trinen or is the "Oh! Bill! You're fired." joke still running
Because if Bill's actually fired
BAD IDEA, NINTENDO :urg:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Are you gonna do reviews on those Ayumi Takabana games? I haven't seen any decent reviews on those as of late
I'll add it to the list of ideas I have! I need to pick up a Famicon :X

Chrono.

Can those really be in the same league?
I've seen Dream Land 64 Dedede floating by in Smash 3DS even when there's 4 Dededes currently fighting
Not sure if that happens in Smash U, but I've definitely seen him flying by with Dedede in play, unlike Conductor Link. :drshrug:
I don't see why not, Kamek doesn't really interfere with the fighters and he isn't a boss either (you can't touch him as well)

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Well they actually did fire Chris Pranger (guy who spoke about Sakurai, Smash fanbase being small and explained the lack of localization for New Nintendo 3DS/ New Super Mario U). So they might be a man short.

So I got curious and looked up how much a famicom costs on Amazon and the first one I saw was $412.02

So I clicked off amazon asap
I can easily find one used for 40-50 USD.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well they actually did fire Chris Pranger (guy who spoke about Sakurai, Smash fanbase being small and explained the lack of localization for New Nintendo 3DS/ New Super Mario U). So they might be a man short.

I can easily find one used for 40-50 USD.
Did they fire him a month ago? So they officially fired him now

That's pretty late then

D

Deleted member

So I just got a notification on my 3DS that reads, and I quote...

"Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer is now has come to visit!"

Nintendo, I thought our Engrish days were behind us...
Pfft, seriously? That must mean something.

I haven't opened my 3DS in a while.

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
So, what Horror related games you guys are playing for October?

I'm gonna be playing Castlevania Order of Ecclesia, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles and Alien Isolation
Kind of a late response, but if you have a PS4 or a decent PC I would highly recommend SOMA. It just came out a week ago. It's made by the same developers as the Amnesia games if you know what those are. It's a very psychologically oriented horror game if you like those.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm thinking that Iwata's death impacted the management worse than I thought...

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Say what?
I have no interest in buying one but I would love to know where on earth they are being sold for that
Japan, used stores. I love going to them, and exploring them. I've been to enough that I know what the average prices are, and what's actually rare. My local used store is selling a TV Game 15 for 30 USD.

I finally completed all the Zelda GB games, and it cost me less than 30 USD total. It took me over a year to get them all, and I'm still missing the instruction manual for Link's Awakening...but I have them all, boxed :3.

For my personal Zelda collection I'm missing re-releases (Zelda 1 on regular cart, Zelda Collection, OoT/Master Quest GC, Twilight Princess HD, Majora's Mask stand alone (non expansion pack) and OoT 3DS/ a boxed copy of a Link Between Worlds (I downloaded it)) , a box/manual for Link to the Past, Twilight Princess and Link to the Past/Four Swords (GBA). I'm not going to touch the Zelda systems as that would get too expensive. Never released just how many Zelda games there are. Oh, and I'm missing one of the Tingle games (Rupee Land).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom