• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I think the obvious answer is: data for Smash 5. I'd say the data could be used for plenty of other aspects as well, such as amiibos, Mario Maker costumes, sequels to titles that have been in limbo, etc.

I pointed out a few days back, we have some evidence that only two characters are remaining, and my gut tells me one of them is Wolf. I hope I'm wrong as much as the next person, but keep in mind Sakurai said they can't keep the DLC team around too much longer, and we'll probably see the last of the DLC sooner than anticipated. I guess the best thing to do is expect at the very least two more characters, and wait and see if we all get surprised with more than expected.
I....what.

I get what you're saying but they specified that the ballot is specifically for DLC characters for this version. I recall an argument blowing up on here like a month or so ago because there were people who kept insisting the ballot didn't really matter and they were using it to gather data.
I wouldn't blame them for using the data towards Smash 5 (if that is even ever a thing) ((although technically it would be Smash 6 because Sakurai confirmed 3DS and Wii U are Sm4sh and Sma5h respectively)) but I don't think they actually knew how many characters they were definitely having as DLC which is why Sakurai specified as "Several More Characters" and apologized that they would not be able to add everyone's requests from the ballot. Honestly to me that's him saying "several characters from the ballot" and he wouldn't be wrong either because we know a lot of people voted for Wolf in the ballot.

(also I'd really like to know what this evidence is that we only have two characters left)

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Anyone else feels like this is wolf's last chance?Like if he's not DLC now i dont think he's coming especially if all the DLC after this is Ballot DLC

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Still don't understand why people think Wolf can't return for some magical reason.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyone else feels like this is wolf's last chance?Like if he's not DLC now i dont think he's coming especially if all the DLC after this is Ballot DLC
I thought Wolf was dead since E3 lol
Sakurai's description of how Lucas and Roy were Brawl and Melee vets respectively killed his chances in my eyes
His wording seems to imply veteran DLC is over

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I thought Wolf was dead since E3 lol
Sakurai's description of how Lucas and Roy were Brawl and Melee vets respectively killed his chances in my eyes
His wording seems to imply veteran DLC is over
Not at all? He's the most requested returning vet and people have been voting on him like crazy in the ballot to secure his spot. Until we get confirmation of all the ballot characters and get a "this is the final DLC" and Wolf isn't in it, then that'll be the end of it.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Still don't understand why people think Wolf can't return for some magical reason.
yadda yadda Sakurai's wording during the June Direct yadda yadda "no vets for the ballot" fanon yadda yadda

But really his wording in the June direct is probably the "strongest" thing against him right now.

D

Deleted member

This is my answer to @zoroarkrules25
One of my favorite moments in video games is the fight against Dracula in Super Castlevania 4.

After you defeat the 3 abominations known as Slorga and Gaibon and the Count's personal bodyguard known as the Grim Reaper/Death, a passage opens with torches that light up as you pass them.

......The next screen shows you the iconic staircase, meaning you have come to the fight against the great lord of Darkness himself.

What makes the fight so amazing for me its the difficulty, (which is nowhere as frustrating as Castlevania 1/3 or ridiculuously easy as Symphony of the Night) i found it to be my favorite.

But the music just sets the tone for the fight so well. It feels so cold, dark and maybe a little depressing, as if it's telling you that it's your doom, and you can't do anything to avoid it. Whenever i think of Dracula, i think of this song. Sorry Dance of Illusions, but you're nothing compared to Dracula's theme in SC4 in my opinion, that song just fits him so well.

However, when you take out half of the count's health, the music changes to another song. It's the theme of Simon Belmont.
The song tells you one and only ONE thing, and it's that YOU are a Belmont, YOU are SIMON BELMONT, but most importantly, you are capable of defeating Dracula himself, and show him the might of legend.

After defeating, you see Dracua turning into bats, and as each one dies slowly, all that is left of the Count is one weak bat.

You escape from the castle, and as watch the Castle tear itself apart, you hear one of the best songs for an ending of a Video game:
It's all over. Dracula's reign of Terror is over for now. Go rest Simon Belmont, you have fought well. You will always be on of my favorite video game characters of all time.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i dont understand why people think wolf can return for some reason.;)Works both ways swampy

Before someone asks yes i'm a wolf supporter i support all vet.I just dont think vets are coming anymore.Plus my biased towards "Shoo-in" Characters

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Cuz thay wuldnt wayst a balit careicter on a vet.
Not sure if joking with that or making fun of someone.... or actually completely intentional with that spelling.
A lot of people would be more bummed out if they got all new characters and the vets they wanted didn't get back in.
I know Ice Climbers is another extremely popular ballot entry because so many people want them back in and want Sakurai to figure out a way to do it. It's not even remotely a waste of a ballot entry, if you get to play as your main from a past game instead of someone you might hate that's brand new.

yadda yadda Sakurai's wording during the June Direct yadda yadda "no vets for the ballot" fanon yadda yadda

But really his wording in the June direct is probably the "strongest" thing against him right now.
Um... nobody said anything about no vets for the ballot though, why would people just assume that? haha

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
But so would muh suvel knit

and kroll

and eyesack

and ewerting
I'm trying my best to figure out what that last word is, but I can't figure out the name lol. I feel like trying to predict Sakurai is hard, mainly because people misinterpret the guy a lot, so it leaves a lot of people decisive on what can happen. Makes what seems to be a complex guy to understand not so much when you actually think about it.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm trying my best to figure out what that last word is, but I can't figure out the name lol. I feel like trying to predict Sakurai is hard, mainly because people misinterpret the guy a lot, so it leaves a lot of people decisive on what can happen. Makes what seems to be a complex guy to understand not so much when you actually think about it.
Pretty much same.

And it's "Everything" btw.

Chrono.

Um... nobody said anything about no vets for the ballot though, why would people just assume that? haha
Same reason why people assumed Roy was a goner ("there's already a Marth clone!","Shulk has the hilt mechanic!", "The name Roy is being used!") and why Ryu was "impossible" ("no fighting game characters!" "Capcom already has a rep!").

Among other fan made up rules that get debunked and debunked.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

The Cuttlefish Hat doesn't get rid of the Male Inkling's Hairstyle
WANT
VERY MUCH WANT :4pacman:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
To pass the time until the DLC, I've been listening to trippy as hell music. So far this is my favorite.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
hoping for an actual nintendo character to be announced instead if any....

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

The Cuttlefish Hat doesn't get rid of the Male Inkling's Hairstyle
WANT
VERY MUCH WANT :4pacman:
I just now noticed that that image (Which I took, by the way, kudos to Sister for finding the guy with the Cuttlefish Hat in the plaza) has to do with King K. Rool
THIS ISN'T A PROPOGANA, I SWEAR
hoping for an actual nintendo character to be announced if any....
Well we do have one guy who fits the bill.
There we go.
JOHN CENA
*trumpets*

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I would legitimately not mind if DLC was reserved for third parties.

Honestly, it gets a huge rights issue out of the way of holding up other Nintendo characters by negotating with companies.

If a company says no?

Move along. Next character you want to add.

DLC is honestly the best time to add third parties.

They'd also probably garner more attention and sell better.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I just now noticed that that image (Which I took, by the way, kudos to Sister for finding the guy with the Cuttlefish Hat in the plaza) has to do with King K. Rool
THIS ISN'T A PROPOGANA, I SWEAR

Well we do have one guy who fits the bill.
There we go.
JOHN CENA
*trumpets*
Thanks for making me more hungry mang XD :p

Strofirko

Smash Master
So pro skater has a day one patch that includes the actual game,amazing.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Wow.

I didn't think this game could get worse.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Wow.

Rest in pepperonis, I stand corrected lol XD :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Now thats classy

Wow.

And this is even classier

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Wow.

That's...

That's gotta be a first right?

A patch that actually adds in the rest of the damn game.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Wow.

So
Imagine this
Your system is already so full of GB **** that you can't really hold much else
You get Tony Hawk on a disc to save GB
Disc requires 7GB to work but you're system got nothin'
Full-Priced Game Dough well spent

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

Wow.

Well at least they released this off disc DLC for free :happysheep:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
For those who like to play splatoon, READ THIS QUICK.

Ty @Warchamp7

Throwing out a :079: :079: just in case.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Look out EA! Ya got some competition
It's still cool to **** on EA, right? I don't even know what kids these days find cool, all this "new" stuff is just so confusing
Actually, lemme check real quick who makes the Pro Skater series
>Activision
Oh, I see...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
For those who like to play splatoon, READ THIS QUICK.

Ty @Warchamp7
Cool

Shame I dont play Splatoon much anymore

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know, I never thought that in my life I'd see a new level of incompetency. But Tony Hawk proved me wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom